[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was old /x/ in another consciousness stream?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: xDoesNotDeserveOC.jpg (32KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
xDoesNotDeserveOC.jpg
32KB, 245x300px
We all always here,

>> Old /x/ was better, cause...'

OR some permutation. And I go back in archives from recent time, finding post of high quality, of the old /x/ type. And really the only difference is, no replies to the quality OC. It is like some interference has descended on the board, attacking our perceptions of it.

Maybe it is the social media effect, where everything over a paragraph now is tl:dr. Or perhaps some balance between iwaanabelieves and skepDicks was passed.

Or perhaps old /x/ was a threat, maybe just a tiny liability, to some force. And that force pulled the strings, plucking it, and what made it, from the collective consciousness stream we all are jacked into?
>>
I have pondered the "old /x/ vs new " thing quite a bit, and the thing Ive noticed is that there was a lot more mystery when the board was young. people here didnt really know shit about the occult, there was no massive repository of occult books at our disposal. nobody even really knew what a skinwalker was.

it was almost all creepypasta and unexplained experiences. no religion threads, no divination threads, not even really many conspiracy threads. things were much more unknown and thus spooky.

thats the other thing, it had a much more "spooky" focus rather than. . . whatever you call this now? cynical new-age? i dont know.
>>
>>19366032
I just started coming back to /x/ after being away for about five years. I think the last time I was really on was before the 2012 Apocalypse. After that board quality really went down. The threads that I really enjoyed was the creepy pasta threads, nightly C2C streams in Rizon chat, listening to the numbers channels, sometimes the ARG threads, and every once in a while someone would go urban exploring and keep everyone updated.

Now it's just really awful roleplaying threads.
>>
>It is like some interference has descended on the board, attacking our perceptions of it.
You think?
That always happens.
The people who rule the world are Icarus with a frown and a beard. God gave them nice toys, but they flew to the top of the world with them instead of focusing on the tasks at hand.
They keep catching fire and wondering why everyone hates them. Heh.
I've never been one of the oldfags, personally.
It's not about how long I have or haven't been here.
It's about not being an oldfag whinging about board culture.
If I don't like a board's culture, I leave.
>>
If we ban all the occult threads, religion threads and conspiracy threads, the quality of this board will skyrocket
>>
>>19367380
What would even be left, oh mighty censor? If you've got a great well of content to contribute, do it. Otherwise you're just being a faggot.
>>
>>19367380
I'd say limit them. The occult threads are pretty awful, a bunch of people talking in some pseudo-cryptic manner as if they are ascended masters. It's fucking annoying and try-hard as fuck.
>>
>>19367386
>What would even be left
Stuff that is actually worth reading
>>
I could've sworn I remembered it as /z/
>>
>>19367389
This.
And all religion and conspiracy threads belong to /pol/
>>
>>19367357
Know-it-all-ism. The tripfag practitioners bicker back and forth about the """"actual""" something that a given something is supposed to be, and the newfags express ardent disbelief without any hesitation. If the people with actual knowledge were wise enough to resign themselves to being anons, we might get somewhere.
>>
Major influx of schizophrenics.
>>
>>19367357
Too many Russians on the board now. They're all into Jesus and tabloid-tier shit. Also /pol/ people getting their jollies off of trying to start shit.
>>
File: 1480262083281.jpg (15KB, 490x441px) Image search: [Google]
1480262083281.jpg
15KB, 490x441px
>>19367357
>cynical new-age

That's a good name for it. There's new age and then there's /x/'s brand of it. The conspiracy culture is different here too, only on this board will you read about how everyone died in 2001 and this is all a hologram that recyles from a catastrophe that happened eons ago.

I liked /x/ before 2012 fine but this is a lot more interesting desu. I don't know why people say this board is dead.
>>
File: pb.png (26KB, 877x910px) Image search: [Google]
pb.png
26KB, 877x910px
>>19367480
>>
I first started visiting /x/ around 2008 and it might just be nostalgia goggles but I really do miss old /x/. There were a lot more threads about actual paranormal and creepy things and way less people talking politics and roleplaying. It seems like this board has become a dumping ground for topics that are too schizophrenic to be on /pol/.
>>
I also find it annoying how every single paranormal thread gets instantly shitposted with faggots screaming fake, not paranormal, flat earth, or saying something about god and religion 9 out of 10 times.

Also how actually good threads disappear so quickly.
>>
>>19367508

A good amount of it has certain intentions.
>>
I don't get this roleplaying state the board is into.
What's even the point of all this? Talking in vague forms and posting bible passages with "creepy" pictures. Roleplaying normally involves getting into some sort of narrative but after watching a few of these threads I can't grasp on what the fuck is going on.
Is that in fact the point?
>>
>>19367514
Quit being so vague and explain what you're talking about.
>>
>>19366032
old x is just novelty.
when someone is new everything seems fun and cool
then they hang around and x doesn't change, they do and they get bored and start talking about how X was better when they had no expectations
>>
>>19367517
Desperate fools trying to build a sense of community over a dying belief system. They feel like the narrative is already obvious and all those other belief systems that imply other things can only be the work of <Satan, CIA, /pol/, etc.>. The point is basically lost, but they won't give up.
>>
>>19367517
I've been here a while and I still don't get it either.
It's hard to tell if it's someone playong or a genuinely ill person.
It kills me, they'll just say a fuckton of vague shit as if it's a matter of fact, with no explanation.
What the fuck is the point?
>>
This new wave of 2deep4u tripfags is awful, too.
>>
So what can we do to improve the board. I suggest each one of us in this thread find a creepy location tomorrow and go out and take some pictures. A graveyard, some woods, an abandoned building, your basement. It's not much to start off with, but hopefully it will foster some actual shit instead of "I work at CERN AMA".

I mean, I started a thread about being in the Navy during Fukashima because I was legit there. A handful of replies, yet a picture of a cartoon ghost going "ooOOoOOOOo" got a bunch.
>>
>>19367555
I say we ignore all obvious LARPs. Either humiliate them or don't respond period.
Filter all tripfags.
Also, killer trips.
>>
>>19367555
>So what can we do to improve the board
Start with exiling all conspiratards and religious discussions to /pol/
>>
File: 2BhZR.jpg (39KB, 350x800px) Image search: [Google]
2BhZR.jpg
39KB, 350x800px
>>19367575
I don't mind conspiracies at all, they fit here just fine.
I dunno where the fuck all the Christians came from though, and on 4chan of all places.
The amount has gotten ridiculous.
>>
>>19367581
>I don't mind conspiracies at all
I do
>they fit here just fine
Not as well as on /pol/
>I dunno where the fuck all the Christians came from though
They came from /pol/ , and should be forced to stay there
>>
>>19367555
Was just scrolling through the board index and I realized something. All these threads, all these posters, they're attending the board as if nothing's wrong, as if everything is the way it should be. But they're not contributing much of anything, aside from more or less idle discussion.

Which means we're dealing with an entire wave of newfags that have never seen the board move at a truly slow pace. There's no awareness of the value and importance of OC and contributing. It's gone, and something's feeding this selfish state of affairs.
>>
/x/ used to be for telling ghost stories, doing ARGs and laughing at truthers.
The truthers and RPing 12 year olds took over.
>>
>>19367591
>/pol/ boogey man
Can you fucking stop? /pol/ is the news and politics board. People post conspiracies there too, but they also belong on /x/. There's not even that many on here. A bigger issue is that people from /x/ are going to /pol/ because this board has become such garbage. You're beginning to see spooky threads pop up because no one wants to talk about them here.

>>19367605
It's very slow too, which is another reason a lot of people left. It's one of the reasons I haven't really been on since 2012. You can pretty much come here and look at the sticky and never come back now. Nothing is being talked about, nothing is being shared, there's no sense of community anymore. Instead of bitching about it we need to step it up and change the culture back to how it was. Start making threads that get people involved and actually talking with each other. Even the fucking tarot card readers manage to do this.

I say nightly stream threads, NOT goosebumps shit. Spooky podcasts or old C2C shows. Encourage people to go out and urban explore and take some pictures. Start posting some spooky dreams you had and have other people post theirs. What ever happened to the ARGs that were actually good? What ever happened to listening to the ham radio shit and numbers stations?
>>
>>19367630
>they also belong on /x/
No they don't
>There's not even that many on here
One is too many
>people from /x/ are going to /pol/
Since 45% of the rubbish you see on /x/ these days should be permanently confined to /pol/ anyway (while an additional 45% should just go to /b/ and /trash/), this in itself is not really an issue (most irrelevant threads would quickly be deleted on /pol/ anyway)
>>
>>19367666
>One is too many
One thread is easily minimized. You're being overly sensitive for no good reason. People shitposting about what doesn't belong on /x/ aren't helping anything. At all. This is the kind of newfaggotry that results from people thinking that it's everyone else's job to create OC and relevant threads. If you have ideas for better content, great. If you don't, trying to remove everything that others enjoy just adds fuel to the fire.
>>
>Tfw joined around 2014
>Always been interested in the paranormal
>By the years everyone talked about how "old /x/ was better"
>Make me lose interest
>Lurk less constantly but return from time to time
>Find some good threads but /x/ is filled with more divination, succubus question and recently conspiracy theories
>Only found a rememberable thread once
Does anyone else remember this thread about some kind having a spacial distortion in his room? I dont know if it was LARPing but the guy seemed pretty chill and seemed geniuenly concerned about it and showed many different experiments he did on the distortion. I think he got banned for admittin being underage and I never saw him before. Does anyone know what happened next? Thats I think the best thread I have sadly ever seen on /x/
>>
>>19367630
Your post makes me want to stop trying to figure out how things got like this and just move forward.
>>
What happened is the old /x/ got fucking boring. No one responds to your creepypasta, because creepypastas got old like five years ago. No one responds to your spooky images thread, because they got old like ten years ago. Maybe that stuff's still fresh and exciting to you, but that's because you haven't been browsing for a decade.
>>
>>19368953
I think the biggest thing to overcome is we need more people on this board. It's way too slow. If you take a look at threads that move fast, it's the ones where everyone gets involved. Check out the Bingo thread, or even the Tarot Card reading threads. People get involved and share.

So let's turn this thread into an ideas thread, about great /x/ themed threads that'll draw in people and make this board great. I was thinking about doing a nightly podcast thread, Coast to Coast really isn't spooky anymore so I'm up for suggestions. Or maybe we can start our own podcast. I doubt we'll really get famous people to interview, but it could be interesting.

I also thought that we should get people from /x/ together and make our own online ARG. Something once finished we can unleash on other boards for them to solve. We used to love those, so we'd best know how to make one.

Listening to the ham radio stations used to be very popular. Why? I don't know, but people seemed to enjoy listening to random bits of morse code and "DO NOT RESPOND". They make those threads on /pol/ now and they're still very popular.

>>19368994
I'm apt to agree. The same creepypastas and spooky images being posted over and over again are stale. I still think encouraging people to actually take fresh pictures is the way to go. Maybe someone could go out in the woods and stream themselves exploring, or steam themselves exploring abandoned buildings.

If you guys really want to see something made of this board, then I want everyone reading this to start brain storming ideas for threads that get people involved and draw in more people. More people means a faster board and even more ideas. We need threads where people can create or share spooky shit. So I'm about to lay down and listen to some music and also start thinking, because sitting around bitching about it isn't going to fix anything. I'd love to see this board become something where people actually want to go, not be told to go.
>>
there are a few good threads but they have no activity at all and got slided from page 1 away. If we stay in bait threads and only complain how shitty thi splace is without bumping good stuff than this shit will get even worse.

GET YOURSELF TO THE FUCKING CATALOG AND GET SOME GOOD THREADS UP
>>
>>19366032
It's an influx of kids and tripbitches that think they command respect.

The paranormal is fun, but then real life takes over and it's blatantly obvious that bills aren't spooky. Sad but true.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.