[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any movies you could recommend based on these? Banshee Chapter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: bansheechapter_poster.jpg (215KB, 656x956px) Image search: [Google]
bansheechapter_poster.jpg
215KB, 656x956px
Any movies you could recommend based on these?
Banshee Chapter
The Borderlands (Final Prayer)
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Coherence
It Comes at Night
The Witch
Jacob's Ladder
The Babadook
Lake Mungo
Eraserhead
Lost Highway
Inland Empire
It Follows
The Neon Demon
The Void
Cloverfield
10 Cloverfield Lane
>>
>>19365061
Banshee chapter was war on drugs propaganda retard tier, I couldn't stop laughing when they said it was DMT of all things.
>>
>>19365061
>>19365141
oh but check out "triangle" if you like coherence, and also the cube movies, and Primer
>>
>>19365144
I've seen Triangle and liked it a whole lot. Been itching to watch Primer for a while now.
>>
Southland Tales
>>
>>19365144
Primer is an amazing movie. I've watched that so many times. Just to actually follow it.
Literally taken notes.
Really good. Must watch for anybody with an open mind.
Have to look for triangle.
I have nothing really based on your list. I've fallen off really looking for good movies since the kids, but, I have seen most of those, and some decent picks.
Swiss Army Man. Not quite related to those, very much at all, but. It's worth it.
If you ignore everybody everything, just remember swiss army man.
You'll never forget that fucking movie.
>>
>>19365538
Actually, now that I think of it, Predestination was a decent Mindfuck.
Not so paranormal in the spooks sense, but there is some time travel.
It's most certainly not a normal movie though.
>>
>>19365538
>>19365198
>>19365144
>Swiss army man
Really good cinematography, good music/score, r9k hero, really good film
A bunch of supernatural stuff but mostly goofy supernatural
>Triangle
13 years old the film. It's all about the edgy twist. No style, no cinematography, no substance.
>Primer
Indie geek sci-fi. A little hard to get into, hard to follow, worth a watch, worth a re watch if you want to understand everything.
Felt like it wasn't worth my time
>Predestination
Much like triangle only worth for the twist ending which is fairly predictable actually
>Coherence
Good comfy inde film with a good twist
>>19365509
Is it really good ? The film was canned by the critics and the design seems goofy
>>
>>19365719
>really good?
It's an acquired taste but yes. It's an occult apocalyptic epic in a beach bro / bimbo setting, a perfect Kali Yuga, with lots of intentional schlock humour. Nonetheless it is a work of genius. Watch the theatrical version before the Cannes cut though as the Cannes cut is tedious and badly paced.
>>
>>19365061
Beyond the Black Rainbow
>>
>>19365141
Is this the one where they had Hunter S Thompson as a character but didn't call him that?
>>
>>19365968
I think it s the one that i have. Thanks will watch it soon.
>>
File: 3534.jpg (4MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
3534.jpg
4MB, 5616x3744px
>>19367951
My nigga
>>
You should try "The Objective"
>>
>>19367956
Yes.
>>
>>19367956
Yeah and it completely broke my suspension of disbelief. Would have enjoyed it better if it wasn't such a blatant impersonation.
>>
>>19365061
A Scanner Darkly..Based on your list you should enjoy it.
Circle (2015)
Exam - One of my absolute favorites and i think you'll love it.
>>
>>19367951

Fucking shit movie.

I started watching it because it looked kind of like 2001 and it seemed interesting, then it turns out it's just 90% filler that leads to the movie becoming a hilariously bad slasher movie on par with some of the worst Jason movies.
>>
>>19367951
Fantastic film. Forgot to add on my list
>>19367989
Never seen it, thanks for the suggestion.
>>19368760
Scanner Darkly has been on my watchlist for a while so I'll try and watch it soon.
>>
>>19365061
>>>/tv/
>>
File: Coherence2.jpg (29KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Coherence2.jpg
29KB, 270x400px
>>19365061
>Coherence

dude
>>
>>19369272
So fucking good.
>>
>>19365061
Honeymoon (2014) - really unsettling sci fi horror
Goodnight Mommy (2014) - not sure whether to call this horror or more of a psychological thriller, but also really creepy and unsettling
>>
>>19367951
>>19367975
Man that was fucking weird. Liked it a lot though.
>>
>>19369461
Seen Goodnight Mommy but not seen Honeymoon. I'll give it a watch.
>>
>>19365061
the conjuring movies are pretty good
>>
>>19368786
>I started watching it because it looked kind of like 2001 and it seemed interesting, then it turns out it's just 90% filler
But 2001 is also 90% filler.
>>
Here's a rather unknown one, it's called Emelie. Honestly it's a very unsettling and interesting film with great performances by both the main character and the kids, though its kind of like with Get Out where you feel it had the potential to do more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0IFmZsbE8
>>
They Look Like People
>>
>>19365061
The Void
>>
>>19365061
Frankenstein's Army
>>
>>19365061
>The Borderlands (Final Prayer)
DRIVING AROUND IN A BIG SHITTY CIRCLE.

Underrated movie gem.
>>
I find 'A Dark Song' to be right up /x/'s alley. A slow burn that many might find boring but I wonder how realistic it was.
>>
>>19375520
Also 'We go on' was rather nice too.
>>
>>19365061
If you like Eraserhead you may also like Tetsuo: The Iron Man. It's like Eraserhead on meth.
>>
>>19375520
I fucking love this film and it's legit /x occult but no one talks about it, even on here.
>>
>>19365061
If you like coherence.
The invitation, Sound of my voice, Faults ...
>>
>>19368760
just watched Circle, it's shit.
>>
>>19375542
Holy shit
I have to watch this now
>>
>>19367989
Poorly executed, unfortunately.
http://forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org/2017/05/mystical-weapons-at-work-ghazni-incident.html?m=1
>>
Banshee was perfect, sometimes the director appears on reddit. The theme hit me because it's the subject of research of my entire life.

If you are into books maybe check some Terence McKenna and check fringe scientists?
>>
Martyrs 2008
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.