[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's lost it, mate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

If you had to make a list about the things and books you had to read to become a magus like Jhon Constantine, How could it be?
>>
>>19362269
Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon, very practical, highly good
>>
The lemegeton. Hellblazer is the shiz
>>
>>19362358
My man, do you think its invocation book would be nice too?
>>
>>19362365
I hope don't screw up with the Justice League Dark Movie
>>
>>19362426
I'm not sure what your asking but any celebrated book on summoning would be of value. Oh and 60 silk cuts a day.
>>
>>19362478
Jhon Constantine, the man who will never know what abstention syndrome is. And, yeah mostly that, what books would you recommend for become someone like Constantine.
>>
File: 1477689963372.jpg (129KB, 868x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1477689963372.jpg
129KB, 868x1230px
Dammit. See, this is why I've been meaning to read a book a day, and I keep getting distracted by other things.

Have you looked into Ape's library in /omg/ by any chance? There are a ton there that would do well.

I'm still working my way through, but at a guess, you'd want the Keys of Solomon, maybe some of the Chaos books for sigils, etc... the Petit Albert was a pretty fun read, though I can't promise it's got anything of practical value. Same for the Grand Albert. Those two I read, but it's mostly just got superstition and outdated medicine. And lots of magic involving the organs of animals not readily available unless you go killing some poor creatures, which I don't personally recommend.
>>
>>19363095
post the comic
>>
>>19363643
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Hellblazer/Issue-1?id=26481

Im reading in here, the quality seems okay.
>>
>>19363095
Yeah, i have been looking there some time, im reading the kybalion, and Initiaton to Hermetics, but i thing the kind of magic career of constantine is really weird, in the sense he actually knows and believes in the most modern forms of magic as technomancy, or things like shamanism, or the kind of magic Zed does, but he mostly uses more traditional and western magic, btw, any idea about search about gollemancy?.
>>
Once you guys get past the Introductory books you need to read the Book of Abramelin the Mage.

Because that will clue you in on who the Lord really is and who is Adversary is.

That is if you have enough occult knowledge you will be able to puzzle it out.

But if you are not well read in the Sumerian stories it will go right over your head.
>>
>>19362269
Is the comic book constantine greenpilled ?
>>
>>19365478
The Constantinte comic from the new 52 is more blue pill, like all the new 52, but the Hellblazer one is more like brown/purple pill
>>
>>19364710
>Golemancy
I'm sure it's somewhere in the Kabbalah.

I'm wary of Hermetics, mostly because while I like Alchemy and its symbolism, all of that seems a bit pompous. And a bit trite. I'm far more interested in magic of Cunning Folk.
>>
>>19362269
>>19362358
OP, not this. Hermetics is nothing but fraud and chicanery. Tbh most magical traditions are almost entirely bullshit. Vedic magic is probably the best right now, but only in Vajrayana Buddhism. Hindu magic like from Atharva Veda are just stupid shit like cursing your neighbors' cattle and love spells.

Honestly, if anyone wants to do magic, they're going to have to invent a system.
>>
>>19363095
Lol that image is literally the opposite of reality. The REAL secret to magic is that most humans are too subhuman to do it.
>>
>>19365357
Save time. Just convert to judaism. Old testament beliefs are already well known. No need to wade through any more of them.
>>
>>19368475
>humans are subhuman
>>
>>19368477
Most modern humans aren't human. Mankind has fallen too far and only demigods can practice magic on any appreciable level.
>>
>>19368480
I think he means something like that thing of "anybody can cook" from Ratattouille
>>
>>19368476
In one hand they have cool scrolls and "muh shekels", but in the another you have to cut your bennis.
really makes you think
>>
>>19369736
Except that's false. Intelligence, awareness, dexterity, etc. all vary. And most people are far too stupid to realize how powerful a mind (or how unique a specific freak mental trait) magic actually requires.

>>19369748
There's nothing to think about. Primitive monotheism will never teach you magic. It can't even grasp coherent theology.
>>
>>19368477
these are the words that Rob Zombie really meant to say...
>>
>>19365478
Stick with Moore's Swamp Thing, it's got plenty of green; and Constantine works best as the secondary character who moves in the shadows rather than the hero of his own story (which is always an edgy self insert of the writer, anyway)
>>
>>19362269
you can't be john constantine. you don't smoke, you're not handsome and devilishly charming, you don't have a british accent, you probably don't even own a trench coat... or a gold-plated cross-shaped shotgun, for that matter. just quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>19371869
you forgot the most important thing fellow bastard, we are not a fucking laughin Magician, yet, we can still try, i mean, who doesn't want a sweet and cool trench coat.
>>
File: John-Finger-1.jpg-new.jpg (169KB, 645x801px) Image search: [Google]
John-Finger-1.jpg-new.jpg
169KB, 645x801px
>>19368475
>>19368480
>>19369818
Fuck off Harry Potter. Skill in anything is nothing more than applied interest. Study and practice. There are workarounds to every personal flaw if you try hard enough.

>>19369989
I'd been reading through Swamp Thing recently. I've been loving it, but fucking hell... around the time Constantine first appears, it's gotten so fucking boring compared to how it used to be.

"Oh look, another fucking Sprout chapter. Another fucking guy dies for no apparent purpose, and out of some absurd cosmic significance he also just happens to share a similar name with Alec Holland." It's fucking stupid. Constantine is the only good thing about it.

And this is from someone who likes Swamp Thing. It's finally getting good again where I've been reading, with some kind of crazy time travel shit into World War II, but holy fuck I don't care about swampy home life with Abby. Hellblazer is so much more interesting now.
>>
>>19372481
Fucking this, i always hated the fact that in harry potter you have ir or not, i really loved Hellblazer for the biggest secret of magic, any cunt can do it, and that's the reason i started with the occult.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.