[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spectral encounter on Oregon route 99

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Route 99 south out of Portland, snakes down wine country, going through a few towns, hills, and forest. A few urban legends about haunted accident scenes, indian burial grounds, the usual PNW fair. So hear one story about a ‘haunted’ spot on 99 northeast of Newberg, where a supposed family were all killed when they were hit and run in their mini van by a semi trailer. So decide to research it, no accidents on 99 I can find match up with the story. Seems like a complete myth. But locas about Newberg and Middleton I know seperately tell somewhat similar stories, and agree on a fairly precise location. No idea why, but seeing the site fills me with both a feeling of spoopy, but also needing to see it, a drive to understand if there is something about the place fueling the story.

So, a little stoned, and having shit to two at 2am, I ride out there on my bike. I mean, 99 has a bike lane most of its run. So it is not as crazy as it seems to be on it with a bike.

Get to spot, a typical divided highway set up. Also can see traffic signals and lighting about a mile down one way, and a mile and a quarter down the other, as it is a higher point on a bend in the road. Both lighted intersections are on traffic control, and you can see them give 99 a red light, if they detect a car waiting to turn onto the highway and nothing coming on it for a bit.
>>
>>19361302

Going about on side of 99 headed south toward Newberg for a bit. Checking over the site, with 4k white LED lumen headlamp on, and various red blinker LEDs going on bike, and my back pack. No cars passing, which is odd, because even though it is late, traffic between Portland and Salem is still fairly consistent at all hours. So do not see shit, no signs of a previous accident on the guard rails, tree line, drainage ditch, etc. Just dark as shit, and seeing eye shine from the occasional deer as I look toward whatever sounds of moving I hear. Decide to check out the northbound side, and go to the turnabout to cross the highway.

About to cross the northbound lanes, with fully lighting equipment on and working. Can see nothing has gone through either of the nearby intersections. Suddenly hit with the sound and fury of a passing big rig. Horn blares, tires kick up dirt and pebbles, air desperate to get out of its un aerodynamic way blasting me like a cold wind, and even though we are near drought with no measurable rainfall in recent weeks, the air has a chilly dampness to it like it was suddenly winter. Then realize, the asshole trucker had no lights, no headlights, no working trailer lights, jack and shit. Feel furious about how he near fucking killed me, also amazed he can see anywhere he is going, as last I hear is the engine revving with a gear change.
>>
>>19361302

Get across lanes to northbound bike path. Rattled by the close encounter with a truck, as I bike slowly down toward the intersection. See the light stay green for 99 the entire time, despite two cars waiting there to cross, yet I am the only thing stirring on 99, and the traffic management sensors do not react to bikes, only motor vehicles. Suddenly feel very confused, than even more rattled, where the fuck did that rig go? I never saw it cross through the lights of this intersection, and I did not see or hear it heading further down 99 the entire time I road downhill to this intersection. Also know it did not loop back around as I didn’t hear it, and there is nowhere to have turned a rig like that around on the road here anyway.
>>
>>19361302
i had an experience like that once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLPi19uaGiY
>>
>>19361868

You a viral advertiser anon?
>>
>>19362146
It has over 90000 views idiot what the fuck
>>
>>19363801

>> Getting that triggered by a question.

Definitely a viral advertiser.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.