[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Meditation/Yoga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1500095822872.jpg (32KB, 230x249px) Image search: [Google]
1500095822872.jpg
32KB, 230x249px
Tell me, is this spiritual?
>>
I'm also interested in this subject
>>
>>19357928
If you want it to be.
>>
>>19357928
no it's bullshit to filter out the morons
>>
I keep getting banned for shit I don't even post, wtf mods??
>>
>>19357983
MODS!!!!!
>>
You wont know until you try it
>>
>>19357928
Why do you want to know?
>>
>>19357928
>is it spiritual

Hue hue, silly novice.

No but seriously, Yeah, it is, I guess, but the west has really played telephone with the concepts, so I feel like barely anyone knows what they're actuslly all about. They've literally become memes.
>>
File: Beautiful-Radha-and-Krishna.jpg (95KB, 637x800px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful-Radha-and-Krishna.jpg
95KB, 637x800px
>>19357928
"What is called renunciation is the same as yoga, or linking oneself with the Supreme, for no one can become a yogi unless he renounces the desire for sense gratification." (Bg. 6.2)

In the Bhagavad-Gita, there are four basic types of yoga delineated - karma-yoga, jnana yoga, dhyana-yoga, and bhakti-yoga. The systems of yoga may be likened to a staircase. Someone may be on the first step, someone may be halfway up, or someone may be on the top step. When one is elevated to certain levels, he is known as karma-yogi, jnana-yogi, etc. All these yogas aim at realization of the Supreme, and the culmination of these is bhakti-yoga, devotional service to the Supreme Lord, Krsna.

The yogi obviously has to go through a great deal of difficulty to purify the atma (mind, body, and soul), but it is a fact that this can be done most effectively in this age by the chanting of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Why is this? Because this transcendental sound vibration is nondifferent from Krsna. When we chant His name with devotion, then Krsna is with us, and when Krsna is with us, then what is the possibility of remaining impure? Consequently, one absorbed in Krsna consciousness, in chanting the names of Krsna and serving Him always, receives the benefit of the highest form of yoga. The advantage is that he doesn't have to take to all the trouble of the meditational process. That is the beauty of Krsna consciousness.
>>
>>19358843

"And of all yogis, he who always abides in Me with great faith, worshiping Me in transcendental loving service, is most intimately united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all." (Bg. 6.47)

Krsna consciousness is the last link in the yogic chain, the link that binds us to the Supreme Person, Lord Sri Krsna. Without this final link, the chain is useless. One who is truly interested in the perfection of yoga should immediately take to Krsna consciousness by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, studying the Bhagavad-Gita, and rendering service to Krsna consciousness. In this way one will surpass all other yoga systems and attain the ultimate goal of all yoga - love for Krsna.
>>
The Al-Sirat
One must be pure in heart to see God.
The method can be reduced into two parts. Proper meditation and proper lifestyle.
Proper Meditation (or Jnana Yoga)
God’s awareness is the infinite expansion of love(He is known as the Expansive One), while a human being begins at a base level of a simple singular love (or harmony of an infinite awareness). To love God is to sympathize with God, and that means creating an analogue to God’s love in your soul. God’s love is an eternal expansion, so your love must also be expansive. Your love should multiply itself by itself in an exponential sequence. The act of falling in love(romantic love), is akin to expansive love, so God is merely asking that humans fall in love with him. However, God’s love is infinitely expansive so that a human being will never truly reach a complete analogue of God’s love within the soul. Despite this, one must still strive to make one’s love as Divine as possible. You may only be reaching a 10th degree to 100th degree of expansion but this will suffice. One must remember that there is no limit to this meditation, you must always try to love God as much as possible. Basically meaning your meditation will always be growing more expansive as you progress.
>>
>>19358849
Proper Lifestyle (or Karma Yoga)
One must follow the commandments, but are several hurdles to living a noble lifestyle.
Firstly, is greed and laziness. To remove greed, one must give away all of one’s excess wealth. Sell what you have and with what money remains give it to the poor. The only thing that one is allowed to keep is tools used in the service of others(which one must be willing to lend to those that ask to borrow.) To remove laziness, one must live a life in servitude to others, a life that helps those in need. One can do this by spending at least 8 hours a day giving clothing, food, water and shelter. This love of others should be idealistic, it is universal in that it applies to all, and unwavering in that you should never falter. It must be quixotic, in that your exterior life is a reflection of your inner principles. You must truly help others whenever asked.

Secondly, there is lying and idleness. Knowingly telling falsehoods is simple enough to avoid, but one must remember the definition of lying is simply telling falsehoods. When you speak of something as an absolute fact and it is not true, you have inadvertently told a lie. One can remedy this by speaking from the first person perspective. When you are unsure of something, say “I think or I believe” that so and so. To remove idleness, one must refrain from all action and thought that has not been commanded directly by God. You are not allowed to engage in frivolous fun, nor utter any empty words for the sake of conversation. Simply tell others that you do not engage in idle activity and leave it at that.
>>
>>19358851
Thirdly, there is the problem of evil technology and pollution. These are modern problems that mankind has not faced before. I believe that technology is evil, because in the grand scheme of things God has invented a self-reliant system, where you do the work on your own. If you engage with technology that does your work for you, you are no longer doing the work on your own or what God has intended. The only acceptable form of technology is one that relies on manpower. To abstain from pollution, one must avoid touching anything that is not biodegradable. God is idealistic, so even the moving of a piece of pollution counts as a sin. One must live a life where one is not cluttered with pollution for survival.
Lastly, there is the problem of carnivorism. It is a sin to kill another living thing. While technically, it is not a sin to eat dead flesh, it is a sin to kill the animal. One should instead seek to live a vegetarian lifestyle, consuming a grain (like wheat) for sustenance and protein, with vegetables, fruits, and nuts as a dietary supplement.
>>
>>19358857
In summary, one can enlist the use of virtues for simple understanding. One only need be chaste, gallant, and yogic. Yogic means you have a constant focus on the love of God through all your activities. Chastity means you abstain from all immoral actions. Gallant means you engage in the moral actions you have a duty to perform.
If one follows these simple guidelines, then one will eventually experience mystical union with the Godhead.
When will this occur? After how long? The love of God must be superior to that of mankind. You must respect God more than man. This manifests itself as at least loving God for the amount of time equal to the amount of time spent loving man, which manifests itself as a cyclic pattern of work(or one year of harvesting goods).
After one has seen God once, the time required for successive vision is reduced by one half, due to the fact that God gives you credit for your time already spent loving Him.
This means for the first mystical vision to occur you must spend, you must spend 8760 hours meditating. For the next : 4380 hours. For the next : 2190 hours. For the next: 1095 hours. For the next : 547.5 hours. For the next : 273.75. For the next : 136.875 hours. For the next 68.4375 hours. For the next : 34.21875 hours. For the next : 17.109375 hours. For the next : 8.5546875 hours. During the last step, one’s time spent loving God outweighs time loving man, so that the journey ends. This leads to a total of approximately two years of constant meditation.
As one begins having more visions of God in a more rapid manner, one is increasingly surrendering one’s will to God. This ends in complete union of the mystic’s will with that of the Father’s. One has become the Logos or the Christ of this system.
>>
File: king of hill2.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
king of hill2.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>19358212
>>
why are these faggots copy and posting Wikipedia articles. do you have no actual direct experience?
>>
Yoga and meditation are good to practice. They help you stay clear minded and decisive in movement and action.
>>
>>19359011
>post your own experiences and knowledge
>FUCKING LARPER! WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE?!

>quote from source or wiki
>FUCKING FAGGOT! WHERE IS YOUR DIRECT EXPERIENCE?!

sigh
>>
>>19359153
>making up arguments.

I'm not one to ask for "sources". Jewish studies mean nothing to me

tell me what you've personally experienced or nothing plz
>>
>>19357928
If its spiritual then taking a shits also spiritual. There I said it didn't smelt it, I #dealtit
>>
File: chill-homie.jpg (101KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
chill-homie.jpg
101KB, 500x499px
>>19358843
>>19358848
>>19358849
>>19358851
>>19358857
>>19358863

And if you want to skip all this verbose religiosity, and deity talk, read up on Buddhism.
"Buddhism is HinduYoga stripped for export" or something like it.
Same method, more concrete, no magic god talk.
>>
>>19357983
On a cell phone? You could have a bad IP. Power your phone off and on and try again.
>>
Actual detailed EXPERIANCE.
I did it for like two minutes once cus I was mad. Only two minutes. Tried to clear my thoughts, and just focused on my breathing.
After two minutes I opened my eyes and literally had a moment like, where the fuck am I and what's going on..
It's pretty cool how it can bring you to a reset like that.
Yoga is hippy shit though. Stacking rocks and trying to lick your own anus.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.