[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do conspiracy theorists get distracted by exotic sounding names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

it seems people place too much values and emphasis on random things with exotic sounding names as a way to make themselves sound more sophisticated and therefore credible.

is there some shared concept with Neuro lingustic Programing that gives these kinds of people positive feelings when they read or say these exotic sounding word?
>>
>>19357836
Naming something gives it power. It makes it more discrete in the mind, easier to talk about. The fact that things end up with names doesn't say anything about those things.
>>
>>19357836
I think people in general just love buzzwords. There is real power in language. It goes beyond the explicit meaning or words. The implicit meaning of the words have a very real subconscious effect on the reciever. If you use the word "incestuous" to discribe relationship between business and government, the reciever gets a far nastier impression than saying "a revolving door."

A good buzzword will make people remember, and lend the idea credibility, and a bad one will discredit the contents.

Just take "pizzagate" for example. Its a horible buzzword that almost seems designed to make people roll their eyes. "human-trafficking" on the other hand actually discribes the topic.

Another example: "illuminati" gets the eye-roll (thanks to decades of fictional media), whereas "deep-state" discribes the topic and has a certain ring to it.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.