[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synchronicity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: intersection.jpg (61KB, 470x314px) Image search: [Google]
intersection.jpg
61KB, 470x314px
What's the deal with synchronicity? Anyone?
>>
God likes to tell jokes
>>
>>19352370

IDK but I've been having impeccable timing with the ends of songs. Parking car, making exit from the bar, etc
>>
at least once a day i read and hear the same word exactly at the same time. ive started to catalog the words
>>
I would appreciate some answers about synchronicity
>>
confirmation bias
>>
File: sgdj.jpg (688KB, 1497x746px) Image search: [Google]
sgdj.jpg
688KB, 1497x746px
>>
>>19352756
Much appreciated ^^
>>
>>19352370
Modal vibrational phenomena, all being the refraction and reflections of the wave appearing to be connected in ways suggesting quantum "forces" at play behind even what you're thinking and doing this very second. The Word. Ommmmmm. Jesus.
>>
File: consider the following.png (1MB, 1497x746px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
1MB, 1497x746px
>>19352771
did you know, pic related.
I saw this image very often posted, even so it explains the deeper meaning, after researching the threads i notice something. Actually, 2spooby4me
>>
>>19352370
Carl Jung came up with the principle of synchronicity. It can also be called "meaningful coincidence", and it means that 2 events that are not causally related can hold meaningful significance to an individual. For example if a crow lands in front of you and then flies away, and later you find out that your mother died at the exact same time the crow landed, you may think that the crow was a harbinger of death, even thought the crow did not cause your mother to die.
>>
Iesus saith vnto him, I am the Way, the Trueth, and the Life: no man commeth vnto the Father but by mee.
>>
>>19352756
ty anon
>>
File: Gods_Throne.jpg (51KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gods_Throne.jpg
51KB, 400x300px
>>
>>19352756
i couldn't really keep up with this infographic and one of the few positive things i can say about myself is that i am an ardent reader
>>
>>19352380
This gave me good kek I can just imagine
GOD cracking open a cold one with the boys laughing saying hey that ain't even the best part those sinning bastards think everything is connected just cause I played them a song by the band on their t- shirt. lmao, Moses shoots beer out his nose
>>
>>19352912
>>19352896
>>19352380
So why are yall saying God is responsible for this?
>>
>>19352370
Holy shit I was just wondering that myself. What a coincidence.
>>
>>19352370
I get it.

Took the Cannabis Training University course to get my Masters in Marijuana and Im a nerd so keep track of things. Its 6 courses and knew the 6th one would be the longest so added up how long it took me to finish the first 5 courses. It was 24 hours to the minute! Finished the entire course in exactly 31 days one month. The most I ever studied was on my last day finishing up the course and I cannot make this shit up added up to exactly 4hr 20min. Swear to fucking god!
>>
I can't explain it but I feel as if synchronicity is at an all time high right now, or at least it is for me it's strange asf period. Almost as if something is watching and making things happen as I discover other things. I am religious(by birth) but even I do not believe this to be the work of a higher being (god).
>>
is it related to a confirmation bias type psychology? Feels different to me... even when trying to notice my biases.
>>
File: tg poster.jpg (114KB, 736x1094px) Image search: [Google]
tg poster.jpg
114KB, 736x1094px
It is a mystery
>>
>>19352609
Synchronicity is a mechanism that connects events based on the individuals consciousness rather than causal-action - it's a causal. 'You create your own reality' - synchronicity is why. Don't buy into the theologians interpretation bullshit, message from the universe or whatever.
>>
>>19352370
Coincidences are way more common than you think and we are all thinking along the same lines because we all are programmed by the same media.
>>
>>19353437
It's both. Synchronicity after a point becomes the universe working as you, you are making these cosmic winks/jokes with everything around you. It's kind of unnerving and overstimulating at times, and humbling at best. I think it is the calling card for us to come together as one, New Age kinda thing. Also, us becoming increasingly "synched up" by technological communications speeds is definitely helping synchronicity become a thing.
>>
>>19353079
I think you misinterpreted that anon. Or maybe I am. But if you've ever experienced synchronicity it usually has this odd sense of humor about it, yet it's profound and mystical.
>>
Most synchroncicities on themselves are completely harmless, but there's definitely a way to abuse the code.
Don't look too hard into it or you'll go dumb.
>>
File: thefroggod.jpg (249KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
thefroggod.jpg
249KB, 300x419px
As stupid as the kek shit is/was, it made me really believe in synchronicity
>>
I've been noticing synchronicities a lot more lately.
>>
Synchronicities are when the underlying order of all things unfolds itself simultaneously in the psychological and environmental domains. This underlying order has no causal antecedents, as there is no temporal aspect to it. As it unfolds itself in the two domains, which are actually two occasions of experience in the same nexus, the seeming meaningfulness is due to how the occasions recognize itself.

With this underlying, unfolding process of occasions of experience, the connections to all the others may seeming less meaningful when you try to add them up. It's not the specifics of the synchronous occasions that have the meaning, but the feelings they evoke both within us and without us (without as in external of us). What this points to is that the synchronicities evokes a change of direction of the perceived order of how things operate and are enfolded before that moment.

With coincidences in mind, any two or more things may coincide, but they don't may us think and consider things most of the time. But when things coincide with a confluence of meaning, there is a reconsideration of the underlying order to the psychological and environmental domains.
>>
>>19352370
I'll tell you about synchronicity.
Synchronicity is me just now looking at the time and reading 21:21.
Synchronicity is when I decide (those few times) to take a walk and getting accosted by people aking directions.
Synchronicity is me attracting mistakes, software glitches and mispellings (I swear, mispellings are getting worse and more frequent by the year).
Synchronicity is finding a new word. never heard before, and suddenly everyone's using it and telling me it has been used since forever, despite me never having heard it even one fucking time in thirty years of life.
Synchronicity is when you go get groceries and get a product with "1337" serial code or 6.66 receipt.

No wonder I decided to fuck off from social life, I just stick to workplace and home, I've had enough of dumb shit happening all the time when going outside. I'm trying to keep it to the bare minimum so the gods can tone down the jokes on me.
>>
File: chea.jpg (63KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
chea.jpg
63KB, 600x594px
They probe that a content perceived by an observer can, at the same time be represented by an outside event, with out any casual connections. From this it follows either that the psyche cannot be localized in time, or that space is relative to the psyche. Jung referred to them as an 'acausal ordering principle' and occur during a period of intense psychic transformation.
>>
>>19352370
it's a trick.
you seek it then it becomes real out of seeking it.
>>
>>19357115
to explain. you'll look for it everywhere and MUH SINCRONERCIRTER
>>
>>19352380
>>19355251
i agree with you. i can feel it too. always makes me smile like a kid, it is a great feeling.
>>
>>19352756
ultimate red pill here
>>
>>19356215
man I used to have the synchronicity(just learned about this thing being an actual phenomenon today) thing happen to me with numbers, this one three digit number i would see every day for like a little less than a month. I would see it in the time, the math problems, the bar codes, the serial numbers, the phone numbers, etc.... I would see it all the time, it was really bizarre. I would see multiple times a day. This happened at around the time when i had a massive panic attack, and i am not sure if it was related or not. Also, learning a new word and finding people using it the same day, this happened far to often
>>
synchronicity negates free will and reinforces the concept of fate/determinism.

Think of HOW a synchronicity comes into being. It's not just one odd coincidence. It's a compound series of coincidences over a lengthy period of time and space.

Let's examine the most common synchronicity, thinking of your friend after work and your friend happens to call immediately while you're standing by the phone in the kitchen. [90's synchro example, cut me some slack for the hypo.]

First things first, you're both by a fucking phone at the same time, on the same day, thinking about each other. Which means you got up at such a time, went to work at such a time, evaded or were stuck in traffic for such a time, left work early or late at such a time, that you happened to be by your phone, in the kitchen, when you thought of your friend, and your friend then called you.

Now, let's get spatial. Your friend went through his OWN series of coincidences that got him to the phone in his own home, and thinking of you at that moment of the day, while YOU were doing the same elsewhere on the planet.

Essentially, synchronicity is a coincidence, created by a complex series of unique-multi-spatial coincidences, that disproves mere coincidence. It's improbable that so many coincidences could build in such a way, multi-spatially. Hence, determinism.
>>
Other than numbers and songs on the radio, what are other common syncronicities to look out for?
>>
>>19357677
>synchronicity negates free will and reinforces the concept of fate/determinism.
Not long ago I had a synchronicity event that gave me many answers, produced even more questions and left me with a dislocated shoulder in what I wold like to call "selective determinism". It was the most important experience in my life.
>>
>>19357677
>>19357907

A troupe of spirits called the Lobbyists for the Coincidence Guild appeared. Vivec understood the challenge immediately and said:
'The popular notion of God kills happenstance.'
The head of the Lobbyists, whose name is forgotten, tried to defend the concept's existence. He said, 'Saying something at the same time can be magical.'
Vivec knew that to retain his divinity that he must make a strong argument against luck. He said:
'Is not the sudden revelation of corresponding conditions and disparate elements that gel at the moment of the coincidence one of the prerequisites to being, in fact, coincidental? Synchronicity comes out of repeated coincidences at the lowest level. Further examination shows it is the utter power of the sheer number of coincidences that leads one to the idea that synchronicity is guided by something more than chance. Therefore, synchronicity ends up invalidating the concept of the coincidental, even though they are the symptomatic signs that bring it to the surface.'
Thus was coincidence destroyed in the land of the Velothi.
>>
>>19357838
My family got a smart tv like over a year ago and immidiatly i suspected that the tv could be used to spy on me. Next thing i do is scroll through google news just to find articles about how samsung tv cameras or something can be hacked into and used for spying. This and other concepts. Also learning about new words and watching people use them all of the sudden, almost always happened the same day.
>>
>>19357677

On the contrary, if any real synchronicity really is just sequential coincidences, they would be so much more meaningful when they occur.It would mean that without any way of them being connected at all, the free will choices made up to that specific moment could also be reinforcing of the idea of free will.

Free will would be something where, perhaps, when you make choices, or between making choices more likely, in the strictest way Jung describes synchronicity, it could be a way of informing you of the choices you make being in some way correct or that you're making the right decision.

Not that the way of determinism being something that views there being right or wrong decisions, but in our ancestral past, our genetic and epigenetic being, we could understand that any choice, free or otherwise, can lead to either positive or negative state to our being, with synchronicities meaning that we may have made a good path to go down.
>>
>>19358005
The fact that there is a 'path' to go down at all is an argument for determinism.
>>
File: IMG_1643.jpg (822KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1643.jpg
822KB, 1200x803px
>>19352953
i feel similarly
>>
>>19358033

You have paths that have been made and paths you can make yourself.

Free will would be the unmade paths and determinism being the ones that were one laid out before hand.

Both paths may take you to where it is you're headed and but haven't yet trodded it on your own, you have no idea if either really will.

The benefits of taking that has been established has some seeming end to it, or somewhere it seems its leading to or why else would it be there? The path not yet taken however you know may lead up anywhere. It could be a shorter route, it may get you very lost. But it is in blazing a trail on your on your own accord that you know will be something new will come about. Who knows, it may even lead into the one path that's been established already. The deterministic physical domain may be the trodded path whereas the freely willed psychological domain may be the path not yet taken.

There isn't only one path ahead.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.