[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Illustratio.jpg (185KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
Illustratio.jpg
185KB, 736x988px
1: How do I meditate properly?
2: What are the benefits?
3: Is meditation a religious practice?
4: What are your (the question answerer/teacher) personal experiences with meditation?
>>
File: benefits of meditation.jpg (307KB, 1016x665px) Image search: [Google]
benefits of meditation.jpg
307KB, 1016x665px
>>19349143

1. It's easy to start and hard to master.

I googled some actual Tibetan and Japanese Zen monks (no new age whiteys) and downloaded their meditation sessions.

Thought I could explain it right now. You could do the breath counting without thinking. Just count from 1 to 10 over and over again while in a sitting position and focus on that and think about anything else. If you do think about something else than counting, acknowledge that you thought it and go back to focusing on counting. There is more advanced stuff than that.

2. See pic. With years of practice you might get supernatural self control. Otherwise you will just have more control of your your general self awareness.

3. No. Sam Harris (one of the 4 horse men of atheists) practices mediation.

4. Eh. I used to mediate all the time, but there are spoopy reasons I don't do it anymore. Maybe if I move, I would do it again.
>>
>>19349160
>>4. Eh. I used to mediate all the time, but there are spoopy reasons I don't do it anymore. Maybe if I move, I would do it again.

Care to elaborate?
>>
1: How do I meditate properly?
you do actually take the time to fucking meditate
2: What are the benefits?
all sorts of shit
3: Is meditation a religious practice?
not necessarily
4: What are your (the question answerer/teacher) personal experiences with meditation?
I would be nothing without having meditation. Nothing. I might have been some shitty mechanical engineer, or some computer science faggot, but instead I meditated, and found the better path in life.
>>
File: 0.jpg (45KB, 360x491px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
45KB, 360x491px
>>19349160

Thank you for your answers. Would you be able or willing to elaborate on your reasons for no longer meditating?

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>19349172

I will meditate myself to sleep since I get insomnia a lot, but I realized that suffering makes life worth living and when I removed suffering I sort of let things get worse.

I have quantum suicide syndrome in which if I let little things bother me then really bad things won't happen, but that is another thread.
>>
>>19349183

Same fag as this post.

I think I have better words for what I am trying to explain. Meditation is a great way to reduce your suffering and possibly eliminate it as it makes you aware of the human condition.

You can even meditate and still have motivation and do things with your life.

However, I have issues that I can't really explain to other people. I want to meditate again, but I need to figure out a better method than the traditional system.

Also I need to move. I think the current living situation generally is the biggest problem.

But don't let me dissuade you from it.

My issues are unique to the situation.
>>
>>19349143
1. Do it every day for around 10-20 minutes. Any basic google guide is good to start.

2. Improved health, problem solving skills, perception and intuition, most of the time.

3. No.

4. Through meditation I can control the frequency of the energy I tune to. Think of your brain as a radio and your current reality as just one of millions of stations. Tuning to higher frequencies allowed me to receive information/insight from sources I don't yet understand. Like hour-long conversational insights in the form of a white ball of light hitting me. That's been my experience, still learning every day.
>>
>>19349217
You should elaborate the issues
>>
File: 123456.jpg (384KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
123456.jpg
384KB, 1024x680px
>>19349217

Feel absolutely free and safe to attempt to articulate your issues with others if you wish to brother.

(pic unrelated)
>>
File: 432px-Shadowman-3.jpg (103KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
432px-Shadowman-3.jpg
103KB, 432x600px
>>19349229

Pic related.
>>
File: F.jpg (10KB, 160x241px) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
10KB, 160x241px
>>19349247

Ever try saging?
>>
>>19349247
I know what you mean, when your meditating. I've meditated myself to sleep and have experience spirits trying to contact me and sleep paralysis has happened as well. Try meditating at the park, it helps.
>>
>>19349271

Yeah. When I meditate myself to sleep I have to keep my eyes closed.

Yeah I should try doing it outside more, but I think its this place.
>>
>>19349276
If I meditate I experience more synchronicity events.
>>
>>19349143
1. Sit comfortably, back rested or not, preferably cross-legged, half-lotus if you can. Set a timer for 20-40 mins. Close your eyes and only watch your breath rise and fall. Let everything else be until time runs out.

2. We spend our lives with our attention focused on the external, always stimulated by it. Meditation provides you the atmosphere where you can stop for once, maybe for the first time in your life, fully conscious and see what happens when you do.

In that atmosphere, conditions which have driven you in your life, perhaps unconsciously, begin to recede in the background. What is seen in the foreground is pure awareness with no thought or movement.

The benefits are many. A state of peace, non-disturbance, equanimity even in trying situations. Clarity of mind. A feeling of relief and even blissfulness due to glimpsing a side of your being which is beyond the ups and downs of life.

3. It can be. It depends on what kind of meditation you choose to engage in.

4. Many. Most are difficult to put in words. Some are unbelievable. Some are ordinary. Most common experiences relate to what is mentioned in q2.
>>
Can anyone explain the tall,slim, black hooded figure during sleep paralysis? is it supposed to represent something?
>>
>>19349143
Why would you post an image of freemasonry?
That's the exact opposite path of true enlightenment and has nothing to do with meditation.
>>
>>19349143
>1: How do I meditate properly?

Google, "zazen".
>>
What meansa when your body vibrates all to fuck and buggery? Good?
>>
>>19350392
It's a sign of your astral body disconnecting from your physical body
>>
>>19349276
I have the same issue. For me it came from staring at hermetic numbers and magick squares for too long. Everything lines up and repeats. Tarot.
I also have sleep paralysis with shadow figures, but now its more like the shadows that are there creep toward me. Sage works and meditating outside my dark creep life style helps more than anything. You need to spread your wings a bit or your problems will manifest in your space. Think like goldfish filling its enviornment.
>>
>>19349695
Fear. Its literally fear. Takes the form of something you fear. I break it by forcing my pinky to move.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.