[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cults?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: kool-aid-man.png (214KB, 552x473px) Image search: [Google]
kool-aid-man.png
214KB, 552x473px
hey /x/, i'm working on a novel that involves a fictional cult. give me some interesting cult stories/images/histories to get inspired.
>>
File: 1500091291272.jpg (242KB, 775x845px) Image search: [Google]
1500091291272.jpg
242KB, 775x845px
>>19349063

I would;l read a novel that has a cult that turns 40 something men into 18 year old Japanese school girls.

I guess you could make the age younger but then you couldn't publish it on Amazon.
>>
>>19349075
Well they could just get bitten by vampires as children then you advance the story 400 yrs and they r legal
>>
File: animeweed1.png (549KB, 607x566px) Image search: [Google]
animeweed1.png
549KB, 607x566px
>>19349075
Disregard this virgin lainposter

>http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=30812
a page of cults for u OP
>>
>>19349083
really interesting, thank you!
>>
>>19349080

I'm surprised that had Vampire Bund on Netflix for a while without people going to jail.
>>
I almost started a bullshit semi-cult on accident and discouraged them from developing any mythos. Very perceptive fools they are.
>>
Jim jones... One bad motherfucker. "Drink the wine, hurry drink the wine."
>>
>>19349063
Are you sure you're not planning to start a cult yourself? Cause I don't want to help you if so.
>>
>>19351024
i'm pretty darn sure i don't want to start a cult
>>
File: 19d.jpg (49KB, 736x691px) Image search: [Google]
19d.jpg
49KB, 736x691px
I'll give you an idea:
>The cult may look like some crazy assholes.
They basically do crazy shit
>But they're right with everything thay do
>The cult is saner than any of us.
>>
systemspace.link is a good start op
>>
>>19349063
Look into the Waco siege. The Branch Davidians made a hefty business out of selling weapons and weapon modifications. They were on the receiving end of a federal siege on the compound. The merchant aspect is what makes it interesting. They'd made up enough income between them all, especially with all the gun trading, to have supplies enough to withstand a 51-day siege.
>>
>>19349063
Read foucault's pendulum XD
>>
File: 1490713262334.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490713262334.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>19349102
You got a story to greentext friend?
>>
File: CJ Parker.jpg (69KB, 912x960px) Image search: [Google]
CJ Parker.jpg
69KB, 912x960px
web.archive.org/web/20010628183142/http://www.mt.net/~watcher/culcyphr.html

If you like weird connections, how about a Cypherpunks - Heaven's Gate link? If you like really weird connections, how about a Cypherpunks - Heaven's Gate - Solar Temple link? If you like really, really weird connections, how about a Cypherpunks - Heaven's Gate - Solar Temple - Waco link?

Lest you think I jest, let me explain that what I am about to tell you is fairly easy to verify and document

1970's there was a small group in Canada, known as the Bartonian Metaphysical Society. The group was joined by an individual named C.J. Parker

Parker became a teacher and leader in the group, which soon became the Institute for Applied Metaphysics

There were often UFO reports surrounding the dates of their intensive seminars

Parker was involved, according to both himself and many others, in the founding of the New Covenant Club during his involvement with IAM

Later, some of the Eastern leaders began indicating that if vasectomies were a good way of indicating one's dedication to spirituality in the end - times, then castration was even better.

Parker was also involved with a group in Berkeley, California, Basis, Inc., which was heavily involved in a Unix time-sharing enterprise and gave Parker access to a wide variety of young students and programmers to introduce to his belief system.

Parker named the evil protagonist in the manuscript after the login name for one of Basis' founders, "Gomez." Parker wrote the book under the pseudonym of "son of gomez," as Basis' Gomez was his mentor in the world of UNIX.

Parker apparently fathered an organization called the "Circle of Eunuchs" that was dedicated to recruiting individuals who had the skills and the intelligence to develop systems and methodologies

Among those in the Circle of Eunuchs, it was also referred to as Part I of "The True Story of the Internet,"

WebWorld and the Mythical Circle of Eunuchs
well.com/user/cpm/ww.html
>>
File: 1487556441383-img-170202032418.jpg (135KB, 1043x729px) Image search: [Google]
1487556441383-img-170202032418.jpg
135KB, 1043x729px
The Family. Australian New Age spiritual type cult. Run by a yoga teacher who believed herself to be "the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and a living god".
A member managed a psychiatric hospital - "Many patients at Newhaven were treated with the hallucinogenic drug LSD. The hospital was used to recruit potential new members from among the patients."
"Anne Hamilton-Byrne {yoga teacher Jesus] acquired fourteen infants and young children between about 1968 and 1975. Some were the natural children of members of The Family; others had been obtained through irregular adoptions arranged by lawyers, doctors, and social workers within the group who could bypass the normal processes. The children's identities were changed using false birth certificates or deed poll, all being given the surname "Hamilton-Byrne" and dressed alike even to the extent of their hair being dyed uniformly blonde.

The children were kept in seclusion and home-schooled at Kai Lama, a rural property usually referred to as "Uptop", at Taylor Bay on Lake Eildon near the town of Eildon, Victoria. They were told that Anne Hamilton-Byrne was their biological mother, and knew the other adults in the group as "aunties" and "uncles". They were denied almost all access to the outside world, and subjected to a discipline that included frequent, severe beatings – often for little or no reason – and starvation diets.
The children were frequently dosed with the psychiatric drugs Anatensol, diazepam, haloperidol, Largactil, Mogadon, Serepax, Stelazine, Tegretol, or Tofranil. On reaching adolescence they were compelled to undergo an initiation involving LSD: while under the influence of the drug the child would be left in a dark room, alone, apart from visits by Hamilton-Byrne or one of the psychiatrists from the group."
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.