[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New origin of Joy.jpg or Jeff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

File: jeff.jpg (22KB, 680x542px) Image search: [Google]
jeff.jpg
22KB, 680x542px
Not OP but this interesting
>I stumbled upon this video from niconico https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEa-U8H3bOg [Embed]
Nothing special really, just a regular MAD that made me chuckle a bit.
I got curious to see what the name of that puzzle website with jumpscares was, and saw a comment that listed the name of the sources.
I opened each one of them.
NNN臨時放送
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWyWyoBwy3w) [Remove] caught my attention for whatever reason.

From what I understood, it supposedly is a transmission incident that happened on NipponNewsNetwork (whatever that is), but it looks fake af (the zooming and other standard movie maker effects give it away).
But anyway, the most interesting thing about it is that the video is from 2007, and at 4:11 it shows the most known picture of Jeff the Killer
we all know and love.
Long time ago some people found a guy named KillerJeff (and obviously named the creepypasta after him) on Newgrounds that posted said picture saying it was an edited picture of himself.
After a shitty investigation carried out by le /x/ army, they came to the conclusion that the picture was an edit of <--this one, which was some fat girl named Katy who camwhored on /b/ and was bullied to death.
This video proves that wrong, and thus the origin of this image remains unknown.
>I watched NNN臨時放送 again and appearently it was a prediction of the deaths of many people.
>>
bump this shit
>>
>>19348251
Bump
>>
File: jeff.png (412KB, 800x685px) Image search: [Google]
jeff.png
412KB, 800x685px
>>19348251
>Joy.jpg
this one might be closer to the original...it's one thing /x/ could never figure out.
>>
File: 2hm8zPowtuDDM2Yi4nBjWs.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2hm8zPowtuDDM2Yi4nBjWs.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
Did some more digging, this is a recreation of a japanese urban legend. Read more here with google translate:

http://occult.xxxblog.jp/archives/313485.html

In the comments, I saw that a game was based on it, a free horror game. Interestingly, this face is part of the game. (see attached picture) kinda looks like jeff. although i watched the whole game (well, skipped through it) and didnt see jeff.

The game is called 怪異症候群 (something Syndrome) but im not sure when it was made. it uses the video in part of its gameplay.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>19349273
also this is apparently the source of that sprite. no idea what the face/mask thing is.
>>
apparently it's a "Noh mask". weird japanese spirit masks. Theyre all white with red lips, not unlike jeff, and if jeff's origin is japanese, wonder if theres some correlation, like some jap was photoshopping "the spirit of the mask" in a spooky way or something.
>>
>>19349273
The game is called Paranormal Syndrome, if anyone wants. A pretty nice RPG Maker game which is about several japanese urban legends. (the Noh mask being the last one)
>>
File: ROTN4.jpg (18KB, 482x352px) Image search: [Google]
ROTN4.jpg
18KB, 482x352px
>>19349294
Fuck! I'm Japanese and have both a vintage "Noh" and "Oni" mask side by side on my living room wall and even i never made that connection.
>>19348774 is like the "Noh" morphing into the pissed off "Oni" demon lady.
>>
File: fdc.png (69KB, 666x493px) Image search: [Google]
fdc.png
69KB, 666x493px
stupid fucking kids need to lurk moar
>>
>>19349678
lol your gay HAHAHAH
>>
>>19349678
/thread
>>
>>19350534
Nice try there Jeff, trying to hide the truth huh?
>>
>>19349678
They look nothing alike.
>>
File: discordstuff.png (17KB, 538x288px) Image search: [Google]
discordstuff.png
17KB, 538x288px
Discord Staff here, i'm always on duty!...
i did my part on this and contacted the KYM staff, they instanly changed the first know use of Jeff's image to 2007, i hope this helps /x/ discover the image true origin...
>>
>>19351162
Ok so if Jeff isn't just a photoshop from that girl (since she only became notorious in 2008)...
Then where did he come from?
>>
>>19351349
mostly imporant... why did THEY try to cover it up with that girl suicide?...
>>
Maybe... maybe this is all marketing and we being tricked into help his creation become famous again?...
>>
>>19351594
If it was they had 9 long years.
You do have a point. The longer the mystery the better spoops can be churned.
>>
>>19349678
different chin, different room, different hair. not the same at all.
>>
>>19348251
The Joy and Jeff the Killer images came from pre-archieval /b/, probably between 2005-7. I came to 4chan in 06 and vaguely remember seeing this images on /b/ within that time frame.

The rumor that the images were created from a fat attention whore asking if she was beautiful and then /b/ using photoshop to mock her is the most likely origin of the images.

>>19349678
The image of this girl came from a thread where someone was claiming their sister killer herself after posting on /b/. It's clearly a different photo from the one that got shopped but that doesn't mean it isn't the same girl.
>>
File: 1500749851420.gif (505KB, 417x465px) Image search: [Google]
1500749851420.gif
505KB, 417x465px
>Ten years later, a truth will be uncovered
>>
File: Drawing (19).png (299KB, 1055x572px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing (19).png
299KB, 1055x572px
Jeff
>A spook denied his past
>>
>>19352648
Slender
>A Rival Living a Lie
>>
File: Drawing (20).png (60KB, 1055x572px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing (20).png
60KB, 1055x572px
>>19352726
>>
>>19348251
Jeff has always reminded me of that overly attached girlfriend meme, and I've never been able to take the picture seriously.
>>
>>19348251
found this

>Upload Date: 09/06/2007 22:29
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm998099
>>
>>19353142
It is a known fact that 2chan visited 4chan and vice-versa.
>>
>>19348774
That one unsettles me more than the classic Jeff picture.
>>
>>19349678
>Lurk moar
These two pictures do not match up. You can chill there bud. Stick to being a jackass in some other clueless tread
>>
>>19349678
Same lips, it just isn't the same picture of the person that was used.
>>
>>19348493
the origin is from marylin mason video dope show or coma white
>>
>>19348251
Took me some time before I realized where the melody is from.
>>
>>19348251
I'd really like to know who made that pic. It has a drop of genius in it. It causes some automatic fear response (or even just spooks peopl). How did its creator come up with it?
>>
bump, we can't let this die yet...
>>
File: Drawing (21).png (185KB, 556x560px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing (21).png
185KB, 556x560px
>>19352736
Ben
>A Child Robbed of his Future
>>
>>19355058
The classic picture is indeed a genius spook.
But too bad that the character was completely ruined by emo weeaboo teenage girls. I can't even take it serious anymore.
>>
>>19355058
It's the eyes. Perfect round eyes, with the thick black border, spaced like that elicits a fear response for some reason. We probably instinctively see it as a predator.
>>
>>19355058
There is a level of amateurness to it. but assuming it was made to insult a fat attention whore within a single thread it's still pretty impressive.

4chan's photoshop talents really took a nosedive by 2008. We used to have a lot of people who were good with it and memes of the day were more about photo editing. things like demotivational posters and general captioned images where the normal meme make up, even pedobear memes required you to edit him into shit like lazy town gifs. Hell if you didn't used black out-lined impact font (which MS paint lacked) for your captioned memes they'd call you out as under aged or new since everyone used photoshop.

Over time as newfags poored in less people had photoshop and the demotivationals and especially captioning became considered cancerous and low effort while MSpaint drawings started to replace everything. Now most OC is done in MSpaint or by drawfags with better software, if it's an image related meme I rarely see any photo editing beyond a few examples mostly stemming from a few people (I.E Toddposting)

>>19355663
I don't get how they derived the idea that what they're seeing in the picture is a skinny guy with a white mask on. It looks obese.
>>
>>19348251
can anyone introduce me to "Jeff The Killer"? who is he? is that mask on the pic resembling him or what? redpill me friends
>>
>>19352101
this fkn picture is everywhere...its obviously something but you fucktards are tryin to hard...
>>
File: 1498530687654.gif (725KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498530687654.gif
725KB, 500x450px
>>19356032
Since /x/ is an entirely shit board that will always be dead, I have no qualms with spoon feeding this newfag.

The picture in this thread is a result of people on /b/ between 05-07 photoshopping the image of a fat attention whore into some smiling pale-faced monster.

The image circulated around until either people on newgrounds or on youtube created this terrible, infantile creepy pasta about a kid named Jeff who had a bucket of acid poured over his face by accident while cleaning his bathroom with it, only to become a masked serial killer.

It spread and was modified each time by teenaged creepypasta cancer as the quality of the creepypasta phenomenon started to die (/x/ died in 09, modern /x/ is a joke why are you here?) which resulted in what undoubtedly is now a famous "childhood spook" by late millennial and gen Y kids that are drawing near posting age here.

In short, it is a childhood "horror story" made by children trying to be scary, the spearhead of the phenomenon in which well made creepypasta died and lost its 4chan/SA origins to a wiki inhabited exclusively by 14 year-olds. It's become a figment not of horror but of worship much like Slenderman. Most Jeff content is basically fujoshit born of adolescent girls who see the character as some edgy fantasy boyfriend rather than a low effort story about a serial killer based on a landwhales edited mug, such as here
>>19355663
>>
bumperino
>>
>>19355535
Then who was king kong?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.