[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asian Horror Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: tetsuo2.jpg (59KB, 397x298px) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo2.jpg
59KB, 397x298px
I'm looking for some more Asian horror movies in my life /x/

So far I have seen and really enjoyed

>Tetsuo The Iron Man
>Ringu
>Dumplings
>White (Horror about k-pop idols, was surprisingly good)
>Noroi (one of my most favorite movies)
>House
>Audition
>>
Check out The Wailing

its a korean horror film released last year. a masterpiece of horror akin to the great american horror classics. truly gripping stuff.
>>
>>19343748
Aw shit, this ones on Netflix, will definitely check it out thanks dude.
>>
>>19343706
>>19343748
What about the Host?
>>
>>19344093
Never seen that one either, K-horror is probably what I've seen the least of. Looks pretty good though, thanks.
>>
>>19344105
It is good. I don't even like horror movies. I know they're ONLY trying to scare me so it doesn't work unless they try to catch you off guard with making you laugh here and there (which is probably why Ghostbusters freaked me out a lot harder than anything they put out today.)
The Host fucked me up, though. 5/5
Just had to make sure you didn't already see it.
>>
>>19344237
Aye, I understand the sentiment but I learned a long time ago that (under most circumstances) movies can't really scare me, I just like the storytelling, supernatural elements, body horror imagery, surrealism, etc. ya know?
>>
I liked Marebito, I think it was made by the same guy that made Tetsuo. It's not a traditional horror movie, so watch with an open mind.
>>
J Horrors are my favourite
these are top beside what you said
As the Gods will https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f_1zDfjSiE
Blind Beast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durdTj14u30
Jigoku https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiJet6AGN-w
Uzumaki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r1_ZoQmqxM&t=22s
>>
File: 1499323206803.png (391KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1499323206803.png
391KB, 414x499px
>>19343706
This is a good thread. Great thread. Beautiful!
>>
>>19345386
I've read the Uzumaki manga, how does the movie stack up against that?
>>
tomie.
tomie unlimited was my favorite.
>>
Someone may have mentioned it but, I Saw The Devil is a great movie. It isn't really horror. But very /x/.

Ju-On is good too, the original Grudge movie.

Scissors (I think that is what it was called.) Is enjoyable as well.
>>
>>19346792
This - I saw the devil. Fucked up beyond belief.
>>
>>19346741
not good the movie misses the feel
>>
>>19346792
I've found at least 3 movies titled "Scissors" and none of them look to be Asian, can you help me out anymore here bro?

>>19346840
Yeah I was afraid that would be the case, it's hard to take a manga series and capture it into film and have it be the same, especially with the work of Junji Ito.
>>
b-ump
>>
>>19346862
Sounds like something about the Kuchisake-onna, the slit-mouthed woman, in which case there's over a dozen different movies. Out of those, Carved 2 has scissors in the full title though.
>>
>>19347613
I saw a movie about Kuchisake-Onna on netflix years ago, I think it was just called "Kuchisake-Onna". It was alright but nothing really memorable, it may have also been the first "Carved" movie. I really don't know
>>
>>19343706
Dude, since you're going with the classics, you HAVE to watch Ju-On
>>
>>19343706
>>Noroi (one of my most favorite movies)
Shit I love Koji Shirashi, I myself really liked "Occult"
>>19344093
That movie was a joke, I couldn't even get 15 minutes through it.
>>19346741
The movie was garbage, and the ending isn't the same since it was completed prior to the manga's conclusion.
>>
>>19348011
I really fucking should check out the other stuff by the same guy, I'm not even sure why I haven't. I will definitely watch Occult

>>19347980
Honestly the only reason I haven't watched Ju-On yet is cuz I've heard mixed things, but yeah I should probably just watch it because it's such a classic regardless.
>>
File: zekmENS65CvzCWWPysm6NLanbqR[1].jpg (128KB, 600x863px) Image search: [Google]
zekmENS65CvzCWWPysm6NLanbqR[1].jpg
128KB, 600x863px
>>19343706
Suwīto hōmu (Sweet Home) 1989
Classic haunted house movie and stuff, but i really like the atmosphere and the old practical fx and some gorey stuff.

Along with the film release, a survival horror RPH video game for NES, with the same title,directed by the same producer of the movie, and published by Capcom. the game became the basis for the Resident Evil franchise.

Check it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlh7JfAtvY
>>
>>19348314
That is a fucking informative post, had no clue about this movies existence or its ties to Resident Evil, thanks my dude.
>>
File: image-w1280.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image-w1280.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
Check out house, or hausu from 1977. It's a real mindbending fucked up journey from start to finish.
>>
>>19348748
Already mentioned it in the OP my friend, it's p kitschy but it's certainly good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.