[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermeticisim/Rosicrucianism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Templeofrosycross.png (482KB, 751x937px) Image search: [Google]
Templeofrosycross.png
482KB, 751x937px
I'm interested in reading about Hermeticism and Rosicrucianism I found the names of a few texts on Wikipedia but I wasn't sure if those were what I should start with nor am I sure that those would be authentic. Any help?
>>
>>19343022
May Day Mysttery could be a Rosicrucian effort:

>>19342036
>>
>>19343022
http://www.hermetics.org/library/Library_Hermetic.html
http://www.hermetics.org/library/Library_RC_Martinist.html
>>
>>19343022
>I found the names of a few texts on Wikipedia but I wasn't sure if those were what I should start with nor am I sure that those would be authentic. Any help?

Right now, dear follower of truth, Wikipedia is excellent to start the research.

Reading the Rosicrucian manifestos is the best beginning, then you will found more.
>>
>>19343059
>>19343353

Thanks very much to both of you
>>
Just read Initiation into Hermetics lol
>>
>>19343022
Manly P. Hall's Secret Teachings for a primer. You could also check out his book on the origins of the Rosicrucians.
>>
>>19343659
That a excellent recommendation, you can look it up in this website legally and free, alongside the manifiestos: http://sacred-texts.com/.
>>
File: Serrano.jpg (53KB, 369x533px) Image search: [Google]
Serrano.jpg
53KB, 369x533px
Miguel Serrano's books are excellent.
>>
It's all designed to be utterly confusing and they never get to the point. It's like edging your cock for years.
>>
>>19343851
Initiation into Hermetics is the most direct, to-the-point text there is on Hermeticism, especially in regards to practice.

The theory books, which are basically all the others sans the rest of the Franz Bardon books, are indeed designed to be confusing. The Kybalion is easy to understand for theory, though.

OP: Read Initiation into Hermetics, The Kybalion, and The Secret Teachings of All Ages. As a bonus for more information on the actual practice, check out The Science of Breath. You'll be covered on a lot from these books, then try venturing out into the medieval-era stuff such as Flamel's and Paracelsus' work, in addition to Fulcanelli's writings (all his work was translated into English too). The Dwellings of the Philosophers is phenomenal in fact, gives a beautiful perspective on medieval Europe and alchemy.
>>
>>19343886
I was thinking of saying Fulcanelli, I'm currently reading The mystery of the cathedrals in Spanish.

France is probably the only country that has kept the flame of this knowledge alive, specially with their freemasonry community.
>>
>>19343886
you should be ashamed to post this bullshit.
>>
>>19343912
that's great.

be aware though, French though still bears the plague of the Illuminist teachers which rejected any form of esotericism and alchemy.

Nevertheless, France has remained even after the Revolution a breeding ground for such groups.

The Fulcanelli Book is great, good job going through it.

For Hermeticism, I recommend the Corpus Hermeticum: http://gnosis.org/library/hermet.htm for a source of these teachings (syncretic)

Yate's book about Giordano Bruno and the hermetic tradition is great.

And about Rosicrucians... well, there's a lot of misinformation / larping. I recommend Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. After reading it, you'll understand why.

Best of luck
>>
>>19343059
>http://www.hermetics.org/library/Library_Hermetic.html
new resource to me, thanks & much love
>>
Why is Rosicurcianism worth investigating?
>>
>>19344815
Because I was called to it.
>>
>>19346034
I mean objectively.
>>
>>19346049
Why is anything worth investigating?
To learn more.

Maybe I misunderstand your question, but that's the answer to the one you asked . . .
>>
>>19346342
Just what are their views comparable to. Core philosophy etc.
>>
>>19344525
I have that book, but couldn't get through the first few pages because of the blocky style of writing. Does it get any better, or is it that way throughout the whole book?
>>
>>19346034
The first pages of the Kybalion express exactly that, the book appears in your life when you need, when you call it...
>>
>>19344525
What are your opinions on the Christian Illuminists? Things like the martinists?
>>
>>19343851
>>19343886

its supposed to be confusing , the confusing parts are red herring/ honey traps designed to keep weak minds with ADHD from digging further because they think they "found" it

Roascrusarianism... it goes back further east, it came from something else

Sufis my friend, unfortuantly x is not focused enough to have serious conversations on these things
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.