[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GODS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

How do you explain the existence of different pantheons? I'm not saying that this means that the gods aren't real, but I want to see how do you imagine it's possible for Zeus and Thor for being the god of the thunder (and other stuff).
Also, there are gods more powerful than others. While the christian God can do, see and be anything he wants, Vishnú [Sorry if I'm wrong] is dreaming reality by itself, so it would mean that God is just part of the dream of a higher being. What do you think?
>>
>the Norse called him Odin
>the Germanics called him Wotan
>the Romans called him Jupiter
>the Greeks called him Zeus
The All-Father accepts all sorts.
>>
>>19342080
So are you saying that the names are just Nicknames for a unique being? I mean, you could also explain that the many gods are also a way to explain the powers of the unique.
>>
>>19342063
Obviously, they're not God. They are limited beings, with independent agency, called entities. Thor was the entity of lightning and thunder for the ancient Norse people. Zeus was for the ancient Greek. The only issue is when Norse people go to Greece, or Greek people go to Norway.

The United States of America proposed a solution to this issue, in that each individual, who is not God and therefor is a limited being, with independent agency, called an entity, may choose which entities control which aspects of physical reality, as perceived by the consciousness of the individual.

As per the rules of BDSM, I have personally established the rules for engaging in scenes with these entities, provided each participant is an individual, and legally allowed to engage in sexual activities of their own choosing. Since shock play is technically a form of lightning and thunder, if you have freedom of religion, you may choose to allow a 5-dimensional entity to control the electrical impulses of your synapses, effectively allowing them to use your physical body as an avatar.

You can read additional details, in my archived posts below:
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19297645/#19298574
https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19269097/#19271097
>>
Here's how I see it:

>How do you explain the existence of different pantheons?

Humans ascribe different traits to their gods. Whether they actually care or have those traits to start, nobody knows. There is a lot of overlap and a lot of repeated gods. Some may simply act differently, to different groups of people. The Romans for example, sort of accepted that idea. They tried to equate all gods of other religions to some of their own, even when their own and the gods in question had little in common.

>Also, there are gods more powerful than others.

Sure.

>While the christian God can do, see and be anything he wants,

The Christian god cannot do anything he wants. I'd venture to bet that he is talked up by his followers, and has been since his cult splintered off from the old Semitic Pagan pantheon. Das rite. Yahweh was in a Pagan pantheon, and was worshiped right alongside gods most Christfags call evil today. Such as Ba'al.

His cult is huge. But that doesn't make him more powerful. He was ascribed omnipotent status by his followers after he had been around a while. If anything, he's just a deceptive shitbird. Most Semitic Pagan gods are (seriously. Look them up. The Semitic Pantheon is pretty brutal.)

>so it would mean that God is just part of the dream of a higher being.

Gods are beings that are able to manipulate the universe better than we can, that's about it. Zeus can do it better than Pan. Pan does it better than you.
>>
>>19342103
Names, Anon. You can call to someone, "hey, you!" and they might look around. If you've heard their name once you could say it and you might get it right. The real secret is that vowels and sometimes consonants are incredibly subtle and if you hear a name from someone and repeat it perfectly, you can grab their attention much more effectively. There's some truth to the bizarre "wizards can control your mind if they learn your name thing." But that's off topic.
Anyway, important things have lots of names. Gods are very important, and the more important they are the more names they start to collect, from lasting from culture to culture and surviving the times.
The funniest trick is that gods respond to their name being properly said just like people do, and if they have multiple names, one of them is usually their favorite, or at least much more proper for specific a mortal to refer to them as.
>>
>>19342063
Some ancient Israelites believed the Most High (Elyon) assigned gods to each nation, which would explain that. Yahweh was Israel's god accordingly.

Deuteronomy 32:8-9
>When the Most High [Elyon] apportioned the nations,
>when he divided humankind,
>he fixed the boundaries of the peoples
>according to the number of the gods;
>The LORD's [Yahweh’s] own portion was his people,
>Jacob his allotted share.

Psalm 82:1
>God [El] has taken his place in the divine council;
>in the midst of the gods [elohim] he holds judgement

But Yahweh is identified with Elyon and El, so obviously they thought their own god was top dog.
>>
>>19342063
different names for the same forces/concepts/sages/archetypes from the collective unconscious
>>
File: 1lumberjacks-redwood-96.jpg (180KB, 608x480px) Image search: [Google]
1lumberjacks-redwood-96.jpg
180KB, 608x480px
>>19342219
Timeless representations of things that were.
>>
>>19342232
Exactly, gods walked the earth, but not in the way most people imagine, for example Thoth didn't have the head of an Ibis, he was an advanced/enlightened/ascended human who passed language and the concept of magic to the less aware types.
>>
>>19342063
location. zeus would be the god of thunder in a small slice of the world as thor would be. this means that their sphere of influence is limited

think of it as a restriction that they may not be as powerful outside their homeland or think of it like jurisdiction and they have no authority outside their homeland but may be as powerful

kings only ever had small slices of land they ruled over. even with colonization its very limited. brits claim credit for entire countries they only ever had a small piece of

to use another example from the same 2 mythologies you used. hel and hades would both be rulers of the underworld but oversee different parts of it.

all of the greek ones for instance are related. there are ones born and family trees that connect to cronos. you could also say that other regions gods simply come from a different progenitor
>>
Because people create gods through belief, and belief does not require logic or reason.

When a deity is born of the firmament of possibility and quantum metaphysical possibility, it is both true and has always been true, even if it had not been at all a moment prior.

Thus all gods are true and all gods are the original, yet all are little more than dreams, born of the collective minds of humanity.
>>
File: 1472920576232.jpg (188KB, 426x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472920576232.jpg
188KB, 426x500px
Zeus = Thor = Enlil
Saturn/Chronos = Wotan/Odin = Anu/Yaweh
Posideon = Baldur = Enki
All retellings of older mythos.
I believe these to be mortal entities that physically existed in ancient times merely culturally adapting their names is what preserved their archtypes for so long.
>>
>>19342063
Gods of different regions, perhaps? There's a story in the bible that essentially said something along those lines.
>>
>>19342063
I like the theory of them being thought forms. It kind of fills in all the gaps for me. Also kind of flips the roles on who's whose science project. At the very least it's a fun idea to entertain.
>>
Primitive people were dumb and made gods out of all kinds of Bulls hit.

The only person that probably ever came close to describing God was Lovecraft. If God exists, it's probably beyond our understanding and doesn't give two shots about us if it even acknowledges out existence at all.
>>
>>19342116
>The Christian god cannot do anything he wants. I'd venture to bet that he is talked up by his followers, and has been since his cult splintered off from the old Semitic Pagan pantheon. Das rite. Yahweh was in a Pagan pantheon, and was worshiped right alongside gods most Christfags call evil today. Such as Ba'al.
This is correct & important.
>>
Gestalt entities or Post-singularity intelligences going back in time to fuck with us
>>
>>19342288
God assigned various Archons to rule the Nations.

Google The Divine Council...
>>
>>19342063
All names are fabricated but the concepts around them were based on real information about the Divine. It's literally the same thing with the Abrahamic religions but the 'lesser "gods"' are called angels now. The Divinity that they try to emulate with their texts some call The One. Most of the population don't even know a Divinity's real name.
>>
>>19342129
Actually, I'm under the impression that many Divinities answer to the names known.
>>
God is like Gary Oldman.

He plays every single part in creation, but it takes a bit to recognize him sometimes.

A friend of mine used to say: "I didn't stop being God to become you and me."
>>
Its all based on nature you retard, the aztecs thought they had to sacrifice people so that the sun wouldnt go out and for a good harvest
>>
>>19344790
At least one person gets it.

If people speak as if the Christian god is somehow more powerful, and talk about other gods with the Talmud/Bible as their frame of reference, all they are doing is taking one side of a very complex story into account.

Humans and religion are much older than Judaism. Let alone Christianity or Islam. Assuming that the correct version of the story starts somewhere in the middle of the book is idiotic.

Speaking of that, taht is actually the biggest issue Islam faces. They believe that the story doesn't have to be chronological. That you can just throw our or rearrange information to fit a narrative. They call this Aberration. Judaism and Christianity practice it to in this context. The idea that information that came after an original story, text, finding, etc. actually supersedes it.

Or in short, rewriting history is ok in their book.
>>
People's belief created highly potent godforms. These godforms shared various different attributes among pantheons, and as such, as time went on, there came to be higher beings based on the aspects of these godforms. For example, all the gods of lightning are lesser aspects of a higher form of lightning deified.

Hence, all these various gods are empowered by worship, but the higher level of that aspect is empowered regardless of what specific god you evoke.
>>
>>19345582
Nature is secondary, maybe even tertiary. By your logic all cultures who shared similar "natures", be that climate, race, cultures, alphabets,...agricultural techniques, etc. would have had similar religions. That was not always the case. It was not even commonly the case. Using your example...the Aztec religion was pretty unique to the region despite them sharing close borders with numerous other cultures, some of which were comparable in power. Incas and Mayans for example.
>>
>While the christian God can do, see and be anything he wants,
He's actually just some dude who uses the Devil as his Stand to manipulate people into his flock.
>>
>>19342063
The human consciousness gave personality names traits ect to these beings. They were previously identityless spirits with roles but humans gave them form and identities and with the different cultures they split into different entities based on the cultures. As for the Christian God he is the Creator head and shoulders above all the other gods.
>>
>>19345736
this makes most logic out of thread
>>
>>19345740
this isn't even a theory its what actually happened.
>>
>>19345740
same thing with angels,Loa Djinn ect
>>
>>19342063
Good question. I'm no master theologian but I will try to explain as best my understanding.

In Genesis 6:4 of the Holy Bible there is a passage that speaks of a group of fallen angels who procreated with the daughters of men, creating giants and abominations known as the Nephilim. Some of these "Gods" would be Nephilim, others Angels and Demons.
I'm quite well versed in European mythology, we know European mythology is inspired by Hinduism which bears a striking resemblance with Scripture and also with European Mythology. Some kind of spirit hovering over the water (Yahweh, Danu, Gaia, Ymir) brings order to the chaos and eventually a divine couple (Adam & Even, Brigidd & Dagda, Bori & Besla and presumably an unnamed Hellenic equivalent) man is found wanting and so the world is flooded (Noah, Utnapishtim, Deucallion, Dwyfan & Dwyfach, Manu) by God (or Gods) leaving only a divinely ordained lineage to go on.

What I am suggesting is that if you go back far enough the peoples of the Earth were so few and inhabited such a small area that all the accounts stem from this origin. It was not until the happening at the tower of Babel that men were dispersed and their language was confused. Thor and Zeus were mighty heroes of their lands, deified, perhaps even possessing great angelic or demonically bestowed gifts.
>>
>>19345776
yes friend i see a bigger picture now
>>
>>19345853
its all very interesting actually.
>>
>>19342483
>>19345736
Literally the same thing.
>>
>>19345776
>>19345736
>>19345805
I really wish you would fuck off with all this Christfaggotry.

>>19345606
Gets it.
>>
>>19346052
>Hurr durr those that I disagree with shouldn't be here

If an anonymous image board is too much for you, then maybe it's time to find another echo chamber
>>
>>19345805
Very good anon.

I don't know if you or anyone else would know this, but Genesis 26-27 is always fun to discuss

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The pronoun shift from Us -> Him can have a lot of interesting implications. Christians of course can say that this only means the Trinity, but what do Jews think of this?
>>
>>19345736
If they're identifyless, it must be for a reason. If you think the Firstborn's or The One's name is Jesus, you're mistaken.
>>
>>19342063
Proto Indo European religion.

Google it. Get lost in Wikipedia.

Google 'Survive the Jive'
>>
>>19342063
Telephone game was the only means of information transfer from 35000bc(adam) until 3114bc(cuneiform).
>>
>>19342063

Alot of the gods are the same guy just called by different names

>zeus: lightning, eagles head god
>odin: lightning, eagles, head god
>jupiter: lightning, eagles, head god
>piorun: lightning, eagles, same god

The european pagan religions are relatively all the same. When the romans encountered the germanics they said that they heavily worship jupiter. Despite them not calling him by that name, the romans quickly discovered that the characteristics of the god were the same.
>>
>>19348515
We know noting about Jesus so we can't say and they're not identityless anymore that was the case before humans but is no longer the case
>>
>>19345958
not the same thing different entities formed buy the human mind onto the spirits themselves.
>>
>>19346052
wtf are you even talking about.
>>
>>19350049
Jesus is the name of a human that was on Earth, to identify that with the Divine is a spook.
>>
>>19349006
>Odin
>lightning
>eagles
Fucking what?

Thor had lightning. Odin had ravens.
>>
Gonna give a quick shout out to Jesus Christ. I'm telling you guys none of this shit matters anymore when you submit your will and sins to him. He had it figured out for real
>>
Most of these pantheons have incredibly similar gods.
Zeus, Jupiter and Thor are both the same, he's the European god of thunder.
Odin/WodenaR is said to be Hermes and Mercury, he's and old and wise traveler and wizard.
Loki and Prometheus are also the same, they both stole the light of the gods (Balder/the fire) and they both had a similar punishment, being tied and hurted by an animal.
To understand this, we have to think that all europeans were once from the same tribe (the indo-europeans) and shared a culture and possibly a religion. It's normal that we have similar religions.
To understand it all better, we have to go back in time even more. Animism. The cult of the nature. Every religion in the world comes from it.
Freyja is the Earth, Odin is the mind, Thor is the thunder, Loki is destruction, Heimdal is the rain, Balder is the Sun...
Everything makes sense now, right?
Tip: Interpret the myths as if they talked of the nature instead of gods with human form.
>>
>>19350067
He was more than a human,he may have been a wizard or a Nephilim or even the divine but a purely normal human is fully ruled out.
>>
>>19350222
Elevating a human persona to Divinity is a trap. He was just a human with a raised spirit that could do magic on a molecular level, if the stories written about him are to be believed. He was an intiate so he got to have stories written about him.
>>
>>19350234
He certainly has powers but again we know nothing about him and I'm not in the business of debating opinions.
>>
>>19345497

Close, but God didnt do that.

The Demiurge did.
>>
>>19350238
>he has powers
Anyone can have those powers, you just have to train then be chosen by The Divine.
>again we know nothing about him
Because he was an initiate.
>I'm not in the business of debating opinions
If you want to keep falling for the traps set for you, that's on you, don't say I didn't try to tell you the truth.
>>
>>19350234
He munipilated things on a molecular level, showed us how to live peacefully even in the face of death, asked for zero payment on miracles. That's Divine man
>>
File: 1500941684866.png (399KB, 517x872px) Image search: [Google]
1500941684866.png
399KB, 517x872px
>Several cultures have seen rocks but they have different terms for what a rock is therefore rocks aren't real
t. retard
>>
>>19350240
There is no Demiurge, that concept is bullshit.
>>
>>19350251
That's a faulty comparison.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know shit about Gods, honestly, but that comparison doesn't match.
We can actually see rocks, differing names or not, whereas all we physically have for Gods is speculation.
>>
>>19350249
>He munipilated things on a molecular level
Yeah, pretty much can be done by anyone of the right experience, wouldn't make them Divine.
>showed us how to live peacefully even in the face of death
This Earth isn't supposed to be peaceful. You're not supposed to want to stay here at all, part of the reason the whole Jesus 'salvation' story works so well as a trap.
>asked for zero payment on miracles
All magic has a consequence. He infringed on people's free will with it in the stories.
>That's Divine man
No, it isn't. The Divine have a Divine essence, that essence humans don't have. If not asking for anything on miracles made them Divine then anyone could be Divine.
>>
>>19350253

If your so sure, why dont you bet your soul on it?

Ohh wait, you are!
>>
>>19350300
>We prolly in Hell already, our dumbasses not knowin'
>Everybody kissin' ass to go to Heaven ain't goin', put my soul on it
The soul is the lowest form of existence. Why would your soul go to a lake of fire when you're originally Divine? Realize where you are, this reality IS the punishment.
>>
>>19350246
The Divine doesn't choose anyone. Again,not here to debate opinions
>>
>>19350253
amen
>>
>>19350373
If you believe that then there is no reason for the actual Elites to be able to do the things they do.
>>19350380
Uh, no, I'm not a Jesusist.
>>
>>19350383
There's several reasons none of which have to do with the Creator.Was not talking to you
>>
>>19342063
Gods are just a means to explain aspects of reality and creation. Each people have different names for them written in a language where each letter is convaying a large idea attached to a number to explaing reality in allegory and math.

Hewbrew = latin = runes
Just as
fahrenheit = celsius = kelvin

Its all the same shit top to bottom. Science is the new religion that hasnt figured it out yet.
>>
>>19350249
He was born able to do anything basically and so much divinity in one place would eventually overturn reality. He had to die.
>>
>>19350308

The Soul is what the Demiurge uses to trap us in his Cube.

Yes we have the Divine Spark of the Aeon Sophia.

The Light of the Aeons is in us.

The god of this Realm is the Demiurge.

But my God is the Unknowable God. The True Father of the Universe.

The Universe is more then just this place we are in. It includes the Pleroma.
>>
>>19350389
Everything goes according to the will of the Creator. If you believe beings act against the will of the Creator, why would he even have a guideline for them to follow? If he doesn't then why would they be in your version of Hell? These beings have free will but they're not stupid, they know what they're doing. If there's a rebel, why would he be allowed to exist anymore if it bothers The Creator that much to put him away. It seems more like the story is bullshit.
>>19350422
There is no Demiurge, The Divine don't need eachother to create things. The Genesis story is just a story told to try to understand The One. It's human perception though so it's obviously flawed.
>>
File: manipulate.jpg (47KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
manipulate.jpg
47KB, 460x307px
>>19350440

The Archons or the Lords of the Garden are the Rulers of our realm. Yes they try to Emulate god.

But they cant create, they can only manpulate.

The OT is the story of the Demiurge. The Blind, Ignorant and Jealous god. He claimed to be the One.
>>
I'm not knocking animals or gods here, we all have our place in the cosmos. But.

We are relatively informed about consciousness that is "lower" as beings.
Animals have an intrinsically different experience of time and space. This we know.
What we are short on is info on anything with a "higher consciousness".

I'm talking about; by virtue of birth (or re-brith), that many things could exist that experience time and space as we experience it compared to an ant.
It's no wonder science cant grasp such beings and maybe why legendary accounts of people like Heracles are so strange.

Also explains the apparent 'limitation' exhibited by the Hebrew god (i.e. having to ask where Adam and Eve are) and all the subsequent wars by people claiming their god is creator.
If you were of this consciousness, aware that you are not the first or the last of your kind, seeking to be "creator" and "only god" is practical if you want to use these little ants for anything.

What about other stuff too?
Suns being concsious? and "sun gods" that aren't THE sun but maybe the easiest way to explain is to say that it is your point of origin.

In any case, whoever claims to be creator or actually did create us; still knows they themselves have a creator.
>>
>>19350440
He doesn't have a guideline and the ones he does either are literally unbreakable or are just frowned upon.If you're referring to Lucifer no he did not have free will,he took it. And he wasn't put away he was simply cast out of Heaven
>>
>>19350458
There was no garden. We are originally Divinities, pham, not humans. David Icke is a charlatan. The Demiurge isn't trapping us here, we were sent here for committing abominations against The One. You need to stop blaming The Divine for your shortcomings. The One has given you the blueprint inside yourself to get back to where you came from. Awaken.
>>19350476
>And he wasn't put away he was simply cast out of Heaven
Oh, so he's the personification of the crimes humans have committed in the Divine realm. If he didn't have freewill, then he wouldn't be able to rebel. But the story works better as a metaphor. Stop thinly-veiled blaming the Divine for your suffering.

Why would the Creator give us freewill then infringe on it by saying we need to believe in something he says to believe in or we get sent to our second death. That's basically taking freewill away.
>>
>>19350507
>committing abominations against The One

What are you talking about.

At least I base my bullshit on ages old scriptures.
>>
>>19350507
He's a literal entity.Someone gave him free will then he rebelled. I don't blame the divine for shit. He never said we had to believe anything.
>>
>>19350525
Apparently this is 'New-Age' nonsense
>>19350526
Rebelled against what? What exactly would he have to rebel against now that 'Someone' gave him freewill. You say he's a fallen Angel but humans are fallen Divinities as well. If the story was true, he would be here on Earth with us and his name wouldn't be known. You do know all public names are fabricated.
>>
>>19350567
no humans are not fallen gods.and yes I'm aware public names are fabricated
>>
Simplest answer is that gods don't real
>>
>>19350756
this
occam's razor is the blunt man's friend
>>
>>19350707
>>19350567
Who's names are fabricated?
>>
>>19351095
Dwayne Johnson,Vermin Surpereme those are two examples
>>
>>19351305
Fuckin Vermin Supreme. With his .001% of the votes.
Always loved his choice of headgear.
>>
>>19351328
His real name is Lugh
>>
>>19351401
Lives somewhere in Gloucester too. Massachusetts. Hes been running since the 90's. What a trooper.
>>
there are a lot of common points in a lot of religions, and a lot of shared mythology when it comes to gods

what they're called could just vary on culture, but i can't give a set answer

in my experience you don't have to know about a god to have a calling from them or visitations etc, i learned about dionysus after calling and visitation dreams rather than before
>>
>>19342080

Zues/Jupiter corresponds with Thor. Woden/Wotan/Odin is more of a mercurial being... and yet both are considered "all-father" by different cultures. Different roles are going to seen for essentially the "same" entity/archetype because they are perceived through different socio, cultural and even personal lenses.
>>
>>19350087

Odin shape-shifted into an eagle form. That still doesn't make him equate with Zeus though.
>>
>>19350707
>no humans are not fallen gods
Yes they are, you're originally from the Divine realm.
>>19351095
All public names of Divinities are fabricated.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.