[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing is paranormal. If the paranormal exists, it must be explainable.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 93.jpg (111KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
111KB, 1200x630px
Nothing is paranormal. If the paranormal exists, it must be explainable. If it is explainable, it is normal. If the paranormal is normal, the 'para' prefix becomes redundant, and thus it is normal.

Therefore everything has a logical explanation, and there is no reason to be interested in many things considered to be 'paranormal'.
>>
Grow a brain in your lifetime.
>>
>>19339925
OP didn't say there are no vampires or succubi for you to summon. He simply said that if they do exist, they would be natural and thus normal, though perhaps in some larger context (i.e. in the scope of some larger reality). Basically he's just arguing semantics.
>>
Wrong, quantum physics are a clear example, double slit experiment, quantum tunneling, quantum entanglement, et cetera, do not rely on "logic", they cannot be properly explained either, we just have a slight understanding of the effect and created a model that fits its behaviour, we will be able to understand this, but not yet.
>>
>>19339925
thats what u should do, fuckface. OP is right.
>>
>>19339934
and you are wrong too, fkn braindead inbreds i swear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rgYz_BU2Ew
>>
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>19339884
ure retarded
>>
>>19339884
Because there is no reason to study what is normal?

Fucking dipshit kid, go eat you own dick you piece of trash, moma should've aborted you
>>
>>19339934
You're just proving OP's point. By stating that we don't have the ability to understand it but in due time we will, you are proving that a logical explanation does exist, much like what OP is saying.
>>
>>19340003
>hurr durr, we already know everything guys

Leading physicists from around the world currently studying Quantum mechanics agree there are at least 5 or 6 "plausible theories" to explain or "model" Quantum Mechanics.

They also completely agree and acknowledge that it is as yet not completely understood and all they have are premature "theories"

They have made some theoretical models based upon a few observations. they have by no means made all observations possible to measure and test these things, nor do they have a single complete theory that explains it all.
>>
>>19339884
Words change their meaning. Even if ghosts get scientifically proven to be true we're still going to call them and other such entities paranormal. With the current meaning, however, I agree. Paranormal would be normal.

The second part of your post I don't agree with though. There is a reason to be interested in many things considered to be (para)normal, but that's just a matter of personal preference.
>>
>If the paranormal exists, it must be explainable.
No
>>
>>19339934
This is absolutely true. Quantum physics is as garbage of a science as psychology. It's just a bunch of hypothetical trash. Quantum physics states that if I walk into a wall long enough, I'll pass through eventually. Its a pseudo science
>>
>>19339884
Hello
You claim there is no reason to be interested in paranormal if there is not a logical explanation behind it. Then why are people interested in video games books and all sorts of stuff there aren't always logical explainations for? It is a human condition that has taken place decades before you were here to type this. It's technically subjective, but i would say it is normal to want to explore unknown and get out of the normal way of human life. If we didnt normaly feel that way we would have never left our caves. It seems like you haven't left yours, and if you don't feel that way that is your own fault, and thats great fir you if it works. You are pretty much here just telling people what your subjective ideology of normal is.
>>
>>19339884
Watch Carl Sagan's talk on perceiving different dimensions. He uses an animated illustration of a hypothetical "Flatland" with "Flatland inhabitants" and how they would perceive 3D objects interacting with their world.
Basically a flatlander (a 2D entity in a 2D world) can only sense things in 2D.
So if a spherical object, like an orange, were to pass though flatlander's neighborhood, the flatlander would only see "slices" of, or 2D portions of, the orange as it move along. Flatlander would have no way to sense the rest of the object or explain the phenomena.

That is used as an analogy to how we, living in a 3D world, might see strange apparitions of things, that are inexplicable to us. These strange phenomena could be just the residual signature of a super-dimensional (more than 3D) object or operation that we just cant fully sense or even comprehend from our 3D perspective
>>
>>19340000
Lose your extra chromosome in your lifetime.
>>
>>19339884
There are facets of life which are simply beyond mankinds grasp of understanding, things that are literally beyond our comprehension. So there must be phenomena which we can perceive but not fully understand logically. This can be called paranormal.
>>
>>19340166
>I don't comprehend QP so it's automatically bullshit
>>
>>19339884
Nothing can be "explained", everything meaning that we try to assign to anything is but a metaphor that distorts our subjective perspective to work accordingly. Essentially we are wrong about everything but paradoxically right about everything, we can't really be "wrong" because our reality will adjust to our beliefs or thought habits, but the fact that anything works means that there is no true description to experience. The only "objective truth" is that we're aware of an experience.
>>
>>19339884
paranormal isn't a state of being dumbass
its just a word we use for "shit we aren't sure about yet"
>>
>>19339884
Interest is the process of caring about whether or not there's currently an explanation.
>>
>>19340166
lol quantum physics is an absolutely concrete science
fucking christ some of the shit posted on this board would give /sci/ a stroke
>>
>>19340649
>an absolutely concrete science
No it isn't. It's a neat discovery that lacks a model because the hypotheses tested to establish it did nothing to explain it.

The degree to which quantum physics has been established experimentally is the same as the degree to which drama among the gods has been established as the cause of the seasons. It's not a complex, predictive explanation, it's a "holy shit look what reality can do" observation.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.