[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban Exploration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 6JH9xUqaT7KlHB_DylDyWw.png (504KB, 623x415px) Image search: [Google]
6JH9xUqaT7KlHB_DylDyWw.png
504KB, 623x415px
So, /x/, I'm going to go on my first urban exploration trip after payday next week Monday, probably the weekend coming in that week.

Now, I've found a few places (pic related, a place I have on my list) looks really fuckin' fun.

I need guidelines, can you guys recommend a good respirator (preferably half-face, since I'll be climbing and don't want a huge lumb on my face), my head is pretty small and also a good headlamp. My maximum budget for either is £50.

Also, share stories of your experiences exploring creepy abandonded places?
>>
>>19339805
Look on Amazon, I can guarantee you'll find both for under 50

Also wear goggles, shit can get in your eyes
>>
>>19339823

What kind of goggles would you recommend?
>>
>>19339825
swimming goggle should suffice.
>>
Are you going to upload a thread during your adventures?
>>
>>19339845
Most likely. If not, I have a DSLR so I will be recording everything and making one after. I want to upload whilst there though.
>>
>>19339848
Well good luck. I've never done it before but it seems interesting enough to try. Oh and when do you think you would post?
>>
>>19339857
Well payday is next Monday, of which I'll order my respirator, googles and headlamp. I'll get next day delivery, just incase I have any holdups. Then the weekend on that week, probably Friday or Saturday I'll be going, so I don't have to be up early for work.
>>
>>19339848
>>19339857

>Well good luck

And thank you :D
>>
File: 20170715_165547.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_165547.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
I've always wanted to explore this house but the grass has grown out.
>>
>>19339860
Alrighty then I'll see if I can find the thread when you post it. Good luck on your travel.
>>
>>19339868

When I post the thread I'll link this current one so you know it's me. Cheers!

>>19339866
Explore man! I've put it off for such a long time but it seems like such a thrilling experience. I don't have a companion, I'll be making trips on my own so makes it even more spoopy.
>>
Kind of unrelated, but are city people afraid of the woods and country people afraid of the city? I only ask because I've never lived in a town in my entire life and I'd much rather go for a walk through the woods at night than a deserted pert of a city.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Be safe. Beware of authorities. And, of course, have fun.
>>
>>19340692
I live in the city and prefer woods.
>>
>>19341698
Standard
>>
File: 2016-04-26 12.19.38.jpg (436KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-26 12.19.38.jpg
436KB, 1920x2560px
>>
Watch for police and crackheads
>>
>>19339866
Well, if the grass is in the way then I guess you better not go
>>
>>19339805
I used one of those 3M ones, can't remember the model but it had purple filters.

>Post stories of your experiences
I only have one & it's pretty mild. In 1996 I was exploring the old empty diesel locomotive servicing facility that was in Nelson, BC (now demolished). It was midday & hot outside when I found a window open out back that lead to the former mens washroom below the offices on the ground floor.

I crawled in & started methodically exploring and photographing every nook & cranny. Somewhat treacherous in the area below the drop table (where they service the wheels) as there were pits filled with oily water & it was pitch dark down there. I did have a small flashlight but it was not up to the job. Discovered there was asbestos insulation there too. :-/ Glad I had the respirator.

Btw, I had a 2 way radio & told my fiance who was sitting in the car between the shop & the offices to call out if any employees started heading my way.

After 45 mins I had made my way to the east end where the parts dept was. I went downstairs where they used to keep parts and blueprints. In the dim light I saw a large blueprint roll laying in the middle of the floor, just as I snatched it up I heard a metallic bang! that sounded like a door opening & then slammed shut upstairs on the main floor. I ran up the stairs past the elevator car stuck halfway in its exposed shaft, thinking an employee was checking things.

I snuck upstairs & peeked around but saw no one, figured it was the metal roof expanding in the heat. Returned to the drafting room downstairs hoping to find more stuff. Once again I heard the same bang! & hurried upstairs. Stopped & listened to determine best exit strategy. Clearly heard footsteps on the shop floor coming my way. Exit stage right!

Got outside & got to my car. Asked why she didn't warn me, she said no one walked by her. The only entrance where I heard the noise was right in front of her. I clearly heard 20 or so footsteps b4 I took off.
>>
>>19343604
Forgot to add, the attached pic shows the main servicing floor looking west. That pedestrian door at the far end is where I heard the door noise and footsteps. The parts dept would be behind the photographer.

Only when she said no one went by here did I go 'hmmm......'.

btw, no anomalous images appeared on the photographs I took that day.
>>
Just in case

Would you take a gun?
>>
>>19342404
Absolutely. Meth labs are born in abandoned buildings, and they don't give a fuck if you're just looking around.
>>
>>19343695
Personally, I would. Lots of people think it's a bad idea in case cops do show up, but I'd rather take the chance for my own safety. If you're LTC then do it. Just remember that you are trespassing and do not have the luxury of shooting first.
>>
>>19343604
Some booky experience man but sounds so fun haha, that's the beauty of URB'exing
>>
>>19343729
>>19343695

I'm in the UK, so owning a gun is a fucking cunt to do, even for small arms. Otherwise I would.
>>
https://www.rapidonline.com/pdf/49-4690.pdf

Detailed guide on 3M respirators. Best in the business IMO.
>>
>>19339805

Refer to >>19344759
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.