[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE CASE FOR TED KACZYNSKI AS THE ZODIAC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: santa_12.jpg (57KB, 533x328px) Image search: [Google]
santa_12.jpg
57KB, 533x328px
Could the known code expert, bomb designer and cold blooded murderer Theodore Kaczynski have been the Zodiac, who shared all those same qualities and traits? Kaczynski taught at U Cal Berkeley from 1967 to 1969, a position for which he interviewed in the Fall/Winter of 1966. So he was in the SF Bay area for all the key dates of Zodiac activity. In all the public records, there are no conflicts between Kaczynski and known Zodiac murder and mailing dates. An attorney for Kaczynski said that no ailibi's could be presented for any of the Zodiac murder and mailing dates between 1966 and 1974. A witness has placed Kaczynski at the scene of the East Coast Zodiac type knife murder of fellow U of M grad Betsy Aardsma in the Penn State University library on November 28, 1969.
>>
File: ted_1910.jpg (30KB, 360x212px) Image search: [Google]
ted_1910.jpg
30KB, 360x212px
One very interesting fact: Zodiac said on 9/27/69 to Bryan Hartnell that he had escaped from "Deer Lodge, Montana", an obscure but beautiful small town that has a state prison. How many people in California would have heard of that town, and why would it be on their minds that they would mention it? I think the number would be very small. But Ted had just driven through or by this tiny town in the middle of nowhere with his brother weeks earlier, and he remarked how beautiful an area it was. It made such an impression that it was within an hour of where Ted would buy the cabin he would live in the rest of his life.
>>
File: ted_ka15.jpg (30KB, 547x337px) Image search: [Google]
ted_ka15.jpg
30KB, 547x337px
A Comparison of Words/Phrases and Styles:

Z = Zodiac K = Kaczynski/Unabomber

Z = I hope you enjoy your selves when I have my Blast. Jolly Roger Card.

K = For these reasons, I want to get my revenge in one big blast. GX18-2003F, p. 11.

Z = At the moment the children are safe from the bomb because it is so massive to dig in & the triger mech requires much work to get it adjusted just right. Belli Letter, 1969.

K = Its no fun having to spend all your evenings and weekends preparing dangerous mixtures, filing trigger mechanisms out of scraps of metal .... New York Times Letter, 1995.

Z = I gave the cops som bussy work to do to keep them happy. Seven-Page Letter, 1969.

K = This seems to us a thoroughly contemptible way for the human race to end up, and we doubt that many people would find fulfilling lives in such pointless busy-work. Unabomber Manifesto, 1995.

Z = This is the murderer of the 2 teenagers last Christmass at Lake Herman & the girl on the 4th of July near the golf course in Vallejo. To prove I killed them I shall state some facts which only I & the police know. Three-Part Cipher, 1969.

K = To prove that we are the ones who planted the bomb at U. Of Cal. last May we will mention a few details that could be known only to us and the FBI who investigated the incident. S.F. Examiner Letter, 1985.
>>
File: ted_ka16.jpg (52KB, 571x372px) Image search: [Google]
ted_ka16.jpg
52KB, 571x372px
Z = The police shall never catch me, because I have been too clever for them. Seven-Page letter, 1969.

K = And it doesn't appear that the FBI is going to catch us any time soon. New York Times letter, 1995.

Z = 2 cops pulled a goof. Seven-Page letter, 1969.

K = The FBI is a joke. New York Times letter, 1995.

Z = As of yet I have left no fingerprints behind me contrary to what the police say. Seven-Page Letter, 1969.

K = Contrary to what the FBI has suggested, our bombing at the California Forestry Association was in no way inspired by the Oklahoma City bombing. New York Times Letter, 1995.

Z = This is the murderer of the 2 teenagers last Christmass ... July 31, 1969 Letter (Chronicle).
This is the Zodiac speaking. Numerous correspondences, 1969 through 1971.

K = This is a message from the terrorist group FC. New York Times Letter, April 24, 1995.
This is a message from FC. Tom Tyler Letter, June 30, 1995.

Z = I promised to punish them if they did not comply, by anilating a full School Buss. But now school is out for the summer, so I punished them in another way. Mt. Diablo Letter, 1970.

K = The people who are pushing all this growth and progress garbage deserve to be severely punished. New York Times Letter, 1995.

Z = By the way it could be rather messy if you try to bluff me. Seven-Page Letter, 1969.

K = A special case of Theorem (b) was proved (in effect) in [6, proof of Theorem 6] by means of a rather messy lemma. T.J. Kaczynski. Boundary Functions and Sets of Curvilinear Convergence for Continuous Functions. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 141 (Jul., 1969), 107-125, p. 124.

Z = [Called violent movie]"deplorable".

K = [Called bombing in OKC]"deplorable".
>>
File: ted_ka17.jpg (46KB, 476x295px) Image search: [Google]
ted_ka17.jpg
46KB, 476x295px
* Kacsynski lived in the SF Bay area during the time of most of the confirmed Zodiac murders.

* Kaczynski's attorney said he could not provide any alibi dates for Zodiac murder and mailing dates, starting with Bates in 1966 and going to the 1974 letters, and also including the Santa Barbara murders in 1963 and the Swindle murders in 1964.

* Both Zodiac and Kaczynski were ruthless killers, highly intelligent and interested in and expert at bombs and codes.

* Both made references to opera, literature and Norse myths.

* Both demanded their words be published on the front pages of newspapers on penalty of death for innocents if not done.

* Both threatened to bomb mass transit.

* Both left drawings of crossed lines inside circles at crime scenes.

* Both used crossed lines inside circles as signatures.

* Both sent taunting messages to police and victims.

* Both usually used excessive postage, often double postage.

* Both wrote checkmark "r" 's, three stroke "k" 's, five stroke "m" 's and had many other handwriting matches.

* Both commented on the bounty put on their head.

* Both were filled with hatred and a desire for revenge against society.

* Both owned and used Winchester Western .22 Super X ammo.

* Both had guns with flashlights attached to the barrel.

* Kaczynski shot a miner with a rifle - Zodiac threatened to shoot school kids on a bus with a rifle
>>
* Both had an unusual walk - Officer Fouke said the man he saw at the Stine crime scene walked with a "lumbering gait...a semi-limp", a girl at Lake Berryessa observed that a man watching them who may have been the Zodiac "favored one leg over the other", and David Kaczynski said his brother Ted was "noticably pigeon-toed" and that it "affected the way he walked".

* Both had knowledge of Deer Lodge, Montana.

* Zodiac taunted police, hinted he shot SFPD Officer Radetich and most importantly attacked and killed couples in known love making spots; Kaczynski recorded a desire in his journal to kill "police", "rowdy college students", "promiscuous" women and men and "noisy" love making "couples" in September of 1966.

A detective on the EAR/ONS case has determined that Ted Kaczynski has never had his DNA entered into CODIS, and indeed has never even had DNA drawn from his body, despite two seperate federal laws mandating it.
>>
The Zodiac has long been mentioned by writers and investigators of the Original Night Stalker (ONS) as a possible suspect.

* Both sometimes attacked lone females, but both usually killed male/female couples.

* Both used a flashlight to blind their victims, had gun/knife/pre-cut lengths of rope, ordered the female to tie the male, sometimes wore a hood, targeted mostly middle class suburban areas

* In many of the probable Zodiac crimes in Sonoma County and Northern California, complex nautical knots were used to bind victims, similar to those used by the EAR/ONS.

* Both wore military clothes/boots/shoes, were never caught, exhibited high intelligence and planning, played games with the police and media, wrote letters to the media and wrote cryptic poems.
>>
There are many similarities between the Santa Barbara beach murders of Domingos and Edwards in June 1963 and the Zodiac Killer attack at Lake Berryessa in September 1969.

* In both murders we have as victims a male - female couple on a blanket by the water

* In both the attacker has a gun, knife and pre-cut rope.

* In both the attacker orders female to tie male, then binds them both.

* And like the Zodiac Killer attack on 12/20/68 at Lake Herman Road, a victim is shot in the back while running away.

* Also the exact same type of ammo was used at Santa Barbara 1963 and Zodiac attack on Lake Herman Road on 12/20/68 - .22 Winchester Western Super X, six right hand twists and grooves, indicating the same model of gun was used, and perhaps even the exact same weapon.

* There was an attempt to start an arson fire at Santa Barbara - in probable Zodiac victim Kathleen Johns her car was burned, and there are several other arsons close in time and space to suspected Zodiac crimes.
>>
Similarities between the Santa Barbara beach attack in 1963 and many of the crimes of the Original Night Stalker include:

* Attacker ordering the female to tie the male

* The killer used complex nautical knots

* The killer put blanket over the bodies or faces of the victims

* The killer leaves burnt wood matches at the scene.
>>
File: writin11.jpg (77KB, 640x372px) Image search: [Google]
writin11.jpg
77KB, 640x372px
Handwriting comparison 1/2
>>
File: zodiac23.jpg (57KB, 639x243px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac23.jpg
57KB, 639x243px
Handwriting comparison 2/2

coming next: the cyphers. what do you think so far, /x/? officials say "no", but we all know how sloppy such cases become after decades of investigation.
>>
What a bunch of great Phantom drawings. Strange they didn't catched him.
>>
In 1969, some 40 years ago, Don and Bettye Harden solved the first Zodiac code. Since that time, the three other codes Zodiac sent to the SF Chronicle have remained unsolved. In the Harden solution to the first Zodiac code is the famous message that 'hunting man is thrilling' and that 'man is the most dangerous animal'. But at the end of the Harden solution there are 18 letters, a string of letters with no apparent meaning:

>E..B..E..O..R..I..E..T..E..M..E..T..H..H..P..I..T. .I

It seems clear that there is at least one more "step" needed to solve strange 18 and the other codes. But what is it? And did Zodiac give us a clue as to what it might be?

If the next step involves a number, I thought it would be a number with meaning to the killer. The first probable Zodiac killing was of Cheri Jo Bates, in Riverside, California, on Devil's Night, 10/30/1966. One other killing had similar numbers — the murder of Cecilia Shepherd and wounding of Bryan Hartnell on 9/27/1969 at Lake Berryessa. In fact, Zodiac wrote a message on the victims' car door, the last part of which read:

>"Sept 27 1969 6:30."
>>
Why write the time? Looking at the common numbers, with the Bates murder date we have 30 (1)966 and with the door message we have (1)969 630. So we have possible numbers of 30 9 66 and 9 69 6 3 0. So we have common numbers of 0-3-6-9. And in Norse mythology, something we know Zodiac (and my main suspect) had knowledge of, the numbers 3, 6, 9 and 27 (which is 3 x 9 and also 2 + 7 = 9) have special meaning.

Using a clue on the cipher sent by Zodiac, the Phillips 66 Map Code, there is the Zodiac symbol and the numbers 0, 3, 6 and 9.

Once again, we have the numbers 0-3-6-9. In the context of the map, one would expect to see N, E, S and W, or perhaps 0, 90, 180, 270. Could the numbers 0-3-6-9 be a clue, a clue on how to break the unsolved 18 and all the Zodiac codes?

There is a famous code system that used shifts of 3 letters. It is called a Caesar Code, as it was first used by the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar.

For example, the message ATTACK would be encoded as DWWDFN. The person getting the message DWWDFN would then go backwards (or forwards) in the alphabet three spaces for each letter. Caesar used a shift value of three, but any shift value can be used. From Wiki:

In cryptography, a Caesar cipher, also known as a Caesar's cipher, the shift cipher, Caesar's code or Caesar shift, is one of the simplest and most widely known encryption techniques. It is a type of substitution cipher in which each letter in the plaintext is replaced by a letter some fixed number of positions down the alphabet. For example, with a shift of 3, A would be replaced by D, B would become E, and so on. The method is named after Julius Caesar, who used it to communicate with his generals.
>>
A variation of a Caesar Code was also used by the Confederate Army — at wiki you can see a Confederate decoding wheel, showing "C" lined up with "F", for example, as "F" is three letters after "C". Kaczynski signed his Unabomber letters with "FC".

Since a classic Caesar Code is fairly easy to break, more complex versions were formed, some keyed to a book passage (Vigenere Cipher) or a sequence of numbers (Gronsfeld Cipher).

Zodiac time and time again gives us the numbers 0, 3, 6 and 9 - if these are clues to the decrypt sequence, then they reveal the name and message Zodiac encrypted. And that name revealed in the unsolved 18 is THEODORE J KACZYNSKI.
>>
Using the 0-3-6-9 clue and the Caesar Code method, I reached a solution to the Map Code, and Kite reached a solution to the unsolved 18 from the first Zodiac Code.

when the number sequence of:

0 3 3 6 9 6 3 3 6 6 9 9 6 6 9 9 6 0

is applied, the name appears and I think you can see it better in RED - and note the geographic patterns here:

C...N...Q...R...V...R...X...Q...Y...N...A...C...C...N...N...K...N...R
Z...K...N...O...S...O...U...N...V...K...X....Z...Z...K...K...H...K...O
W..H...K.. L...P....L...R...K...S....H...U...W..W..H...H...E...H...L
T...E...H...I...M...I....O...H....P....E...R...T... T...E...E...B....E...I
Q...B...E...F...J...F....L...E....M....B...O...Q...Q..B...B...Y....B...F
N...Y...B...C...G..C....I....B...J....Y....L...N...N...Y...Y...V....Y...C
K...V...Y...Z...D...Z...F...Y...G....V....I....K...K...V...V...S...V...Z

0 . 3 - 3 . 6 . 9 . 6 - - 3 . 3 . 6 . .6 . .9 . 9 . 6 . .6 - 9 . 9 - 6 . 0

The above solution code to produce the name

THEODORE J KACZYNSKI is:

0 3 - 3 6 9 6 - 3 3 6 6 9 9 6 6 - 9 9 - 6 0
>>
Compare the number sequence above with the numbers Zodiac wrote on the car door at Lake Berryessa on 9/27/69:

Sept 27 - 69 - 6:30

September is the 9th month, and 2 + 7 = 9

So we might have, reducing the message to NUMBERS and expressing it in terms of MATHEMATICS:

9 9 - 6 9 6 3 - 0

Reverse it and we have:

0 - 3 6 9 6 - 9 9

And in the code solution to get the TJK name we see this exact same sequence of 3-6-9-6, and then doubled as 33-66-99-66. The entire code sequence is:

0 3 3 6 9 6 - 3 3 6 6 9 9 6 6 - 9 9 - 6 0

There are a huge number of four digit combinations that can be made from 0,3,6 and 9. (Can anyone figure out how many?) Can we really say it is likely just a coincidence that the same sequence on the car door - 3696 - when used and then doubled produces the Kaczynski name?
>>
It is well known and obvious that dozens to hundreds of real 14 to 18 letter names can be created from an unsolved 18 Caesar chart. So why should we be interested in the TJK name anymore than the Zs production of the Penn name, or any of the other dozens of real names that could be produced?

If Zodiac did use this method, as I contend is probable, it is not just like hiding the needle of his name in a haystack. It is like hiding the needle of his name in a haystack with hundreds of other needles. (And in the Map Code, thousands). By doing so he realistically avoids any serious chance of legal jeopardy. But I speculate that Zodiac did want to be able to prove he was Zodiac if he was ever caught and/or his ego couldn't resist putting his name in there some how. So he put in some patterns and math formulas that only seem to tie in with his name, to the exclusion of all or almost all the other names that can be produced.

This is the shift value number sequence that produces the TJK name:

0 - 3 3 - 6 9 6 - 3 3 - 6 6 9 9 6 6 - 9 9 - 6 - 0

THAT IS NOT RANDOM!
>>
First, there is the tie-in to the murder date and time car door message that I show above. If this solution is not valid, then it is just a coincidence that when you apply the car door sequence to the unsolved 18 you get the name of a major Z suspect, TJK. I doubt that is a coincidence!

Second, look at the mathematical pattern. Keep in mind Zodiac - whoever he was - had a mind for codes and numbers, and Kaczynski was a math professor and a genius with numbers. I have mentioned this briefly but never really explored how extraordinary it is. Let us look at the numbers and the name:

>T H E O D O R E -J K A C Z Y N S K I
>0 3 3 6 9 6 3 3 - 6 6 9 9 6 6 9 9 6 0
>>
File: kaczyn12.jpg (25KB, 640x147px) Image search: [Google]
kaczyn12.jpg
25KB, 640x147px
Kaczynski had a life long interest in, almost obsession with, crossed lines inside circles.

1. He signed a yearbook with his "mark" - crossed lines inside a circle.

2. He spent several years of graduate study and his PHD dissertation on the boundary functions of circles, in particular dealing with the unit circle, which looks like the Zodiac symbol.

3. At the campus of a Unabomber target, he spraypainted the Yggdrasil symbol, also known as the Algiz Rune, along with the letters "FC" and "Anarchy". The Anglo-Saxon translation of the Algiz Rune is "Z"! It consists of, once again, crossed lines inside
>>
I'm following along with you. I've read a lot of scattered info on the subject and one published work. It's very interesting and there is quite a strong case to be made with very little inconsistency to suggest otherwise.. I've never nailed down a conclusive feeling on it personally but I can never seem to rule it out. Still just here following along with your posts and waiting to see if you go down the rabbit hole when you get to Murray...
>>
>>19339834
i'm still reading the whole theory, can you shortcut me to murray? maura murray?
>>
File: 1478045058352.jpg (25KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478045058352.jpg
25KB, 655x527px
Interest analysis, but you forgot one important, perhaps the most important thing. Ted wasn't just a "ruthless killer" as you described him here. He carried out his attacks as an act of terror in his fight against industrial society.

http://editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

Does this sound like a guy who would go around killing random people for the sake of it? For his anti-technological cause, yes, but definetly not like Zodiac. Zodiac was a psycho who enjoyed killing and playing with the police.

Ted and Zodiac were just two completely different personalities with completely different motivations.
>>
>After the Zodiac murder of cab driver Paul Stine in October 1969, and the release of the Zodiac composite sketch in early November 1969, the SF area would have been very hot for the Zodiac. It would be prudent for him to leave, and in fact, Ted's brother David says Ted did leave California at that time and came home to Illinois. That puts him in the eastern half of the US and a days drive from PA when Aardsma is killed. Ted's father was from PA. Prior to the murder of Aardsma, Zodiac claimed 7 victims - but in his Christmas letter to Melvin Belli he says he may take a ninth and tenth victim. Who was number 8? Could it have been Aardsma?

>Most importantly, a witness recently picked out a picture of Ted Kaczynski as being present in the Penn State library the day before Aardsma was killed, acting strangely and perhaps wearing a wig.
>>
>>19339865
objection:
>In the summer of 1966, most likely late August/early September 1966, Ted Kaczynski records a break through moment in his life. He is a genius, yet socially alienated and isolated. He decribes hearing the sound of couples having sex in the apartment next door to his, and he says it fills him with frustration and anger. Out of despair and self described "acute sexual starvation", he records in his journal that instead of killing himself he will "really kill everyone I hate."

>The people he says he hates and wants to kill are many, but they include two distinct groups. One group is what he calls "bigshots" or "government officials", and these include "scientists", "big businessmen", "politicians" and "police".

>The other group of people he hated and wanted to kill included love making "couples", "rowdy college students" and those college men and women he deems "promiscuous".
>>
>>19339865
In the zodiac you are seeing a very infantile, 'freshmen' manifestation of his ideologies in psychosis. the futher you look into this the more you realize that ted is creating 'virtues of necessity' as compensation for his own failures in a social background before he fully developed his disdain for institution. many years passed inbetween the two so theres really no reason a different motive or seemingly different personality(read more about the psychological studies kaczynski participated in for more on this) would necessarily imply a totally different person. the unabomber is his ideological epitome and was much more practiced and nuanced.
>>
>>19339863
Henry Murray. Professor of Psychology for Harvard, Forerunner for the OSS(Office of Strategic Services) during WW2 for psychological warfare/espionage/research. A lot of ground to cover with this one. Focus on the timeline of Ted being at berkeley and his participation in psychology experiments with this Henry Murray. Fun Fact: the OSS is the predecessor organization of the CIA
>>
File: kramer_large_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kramer_large_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>19339902
thx, i'll look into it.
>>
>>19339774
I like Ted for this crime.
>>
Do you know Doug Oswell?
>>
>>19339961
Yes, not op here, other guy posting. He's put quite a lot of work into the subject and it's all worth reading
>>
>We all know that Ted Kaczynski eluded capture as the Unabomber for 18 years, and that the FBI had a 25,000 name suspect list that did not include his name. But Ted Kaczynski's downfall, what led to his capture, was that he used certain very specific and odd words and phrases that virtually no one else used. David Kaczynski recognized these words and phrases used by the Unabomber as ones that his brother Ted had used. This included the phrase "cool headed logician." It also included Ted's unique phrasing of the old cliche "You can't have your cake and eat it too" as "You can't eat your cake and have it too."

>Similarly, when we look at the words and phrases of the Zodiac, many very specific and unusual, we see that Ted Kaczynski often used these exact same odd words and phrases. This first example was discussed first by Doug Oswell, Linda and Kite, but I don't think it has been examined in depth.

>Six months after the abduction and presumed murder of Nevada resident Donna Lass, the Zodiac sent in a card thought to hint at her murder. The card included the very odd phrase "AROUND IN THE SNOW". The card seems to imply that the dead body of Donna Lass can be found AROUND IN THE SNOW. The phrase is odd. Normally we might expect to hear that a body is "IN THE SNOW", or "ON THE SNOW", or "OUT IN THE SNOW".

>Thus the term "AROUND IN THE SNOW" is very unusual.

>
In his new book Technological Slavery, on page 400, Ted Kaczynski discusses hunting rabbits and states that after shooting a rabbit it can be found bouncing "AROUND IN THE SNOW."

>Both the Zodiac and Ted Kaczynski use the odd term "AROUND IN THE SNOW" to refer to where a body may be found.
>>
>>19339961
>>19339964
OP here, yes, i recently discovered him and his site http://www.unazod.com/
>>
>>19339739
bump this is good
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.