[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1500252513723.jpg (696KB, 2035x2463px) Image search: [Google]
1500252513723.jpg
696KB, 2035x2463px
Gnosticism portrays Demiurge as an inferior evil god who created the world who appears as the God of the Old Testament. He was also known by different Gnostic teachings as Samael, Saklas, or Yaldabaoth. He is said to have been the devil, but some sects consider them to be two completely different entities.
The Demiurge was created by Sophia, exiled from the Pleroma for her desire to create something outside of it. When she created the Demiurge, she was ashamed by it; to hide her folly from the Pleroma, she created a great cloud around him and built him a throne. With no awareness of the Pleroma or the Monad from which all things were derived from, the Demiurge concluded it was the creator of all things. It then fashioned the material universe in an unconscious imitation of the Pleroma, and made the first human in the image of the true First Man. Though it could not grant him a soul (having no awareness of the Pleroma) Sophia pitied it and granted Adam a divine spark that gave him life. The Demiurge was infuriated when Adam thanked the true God for his existence instead of him and sought to ensnare him in the material world through Eve; however, Sophia sent the serpent to tempt Eve, granting her and Adam the secret knowledge of their spiritual nature. The Demiurge expelled them from Eden when he learned of this, and has since sought to keep the souls of mankind bound to the material world.

The concept of a Demiurge is that it is an artisan figure responsible for the fashioning and maintenance of the physical universe, but not the true creator deity. Though it is commonly depicted as willfully ignorant of the spiritual universe, the Demiurge itself and the material it uses to create and fashion the universe are considered uncreated and eternal or copies of the product of another being, depending on the system. In some of these systems, it and the rest of the material universe will be sent to Hell, where it will become the judge and torturer of the damned.
>>
I guess.
>>
I'm not gonna read that.
>>
File: 6e6UFLc.png (584KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
6e6UFLc.png
584KB, 1400x2700px
>>
>>19338633
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=386zfdJt8JM
>>
>>19338633

Was shit talk like this that got Jesus killed.
>>
>>19339052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNTbc84Fa2A
>>
File: 1475222970700.gif (1MB, 208x156px) Image search: [Google]
1475222970700.gif
1MB, 208x156px
>>19339512
Kek. Just realized that Jesus got b& for shitposting irl.
>>
>>19339052
If twisting you're ankle was the worst suffering in this world I wouldn't mind it so much :)
>>
>>19339052
Hilarious. Anymore? Can we meme Gnostics out of thier silly way of thinking?
>>
>>19338633
Imho, Sophia is the serpent.
>>
File: minoansnakegoddess.jpg (248KB, 824x1313px) Image search: [Google]
minoansnakegoddess.jpg
248KB, 824x1313px
>>19338633
>>
In Valentinian Gnosticism it's said that Yaldabaoth isn't evil per se. It's more like a child who doesn't know the difference between good and evil.
>>
>>19338633
>Gnosticism portrays Demiurge as an inferior evil god
NOT EVERY SECT DOES THIS.
I said it once, I'll say it again, I'll never stop saying it.
Go read Kurt Rudolph's book.

Thanks for using my Soror PA image scan.
>>
>>19339788
Try it
>>
>>19338633
>Gnosticism portrays Demiurge as an inferior evil god who created the world who appears as the God of the Old Testament. He was also known by different Gnostic teachings as Samael, Saklas, or Yaldabaoth. He is said to have been the devil, but some sects consider them to be two completely different entities.

Hmmm, you know, gnosticism is a very broad term, I consider myself gnostic because of the main experience of my life, which was some kind of spiritual union with God, which I give the name gnosis to. As in experience the knowledge of God personally.
>>
So who created Sophia?
>>
>>19340326
These are the questions that need to be asked, and surely many others. But this is a start. Possibly our gods have even greater gods that they, in some form or another, worship. Who can say for sure?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.