[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, genuine opinion of Last Podcast on the left? I loved them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_20170724_011832.jpg (381KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170724_011832.jpg
381KB, 1400x1400px
/x/, genuine opinion of Last Podcast on the left? I loved them until around 6 months ago. But they began getting a bit too political and forcing extra episodes that weren't necessary (I.E. the Carl Panzram episodes), along with a terrible schedule. What do you guys think?
>>
>>19338613
Love last podcast. No clue what you're talking about, Snarl Panzeram was one of my favorite episodes.
>>
Never listened to it before, but I've heard it's good from a few people. Was thinking of giving it a shot but if they're getting political, count me out. Injecting politics into every damn thing is cancer.

Lemme guess... The Last Podcast on the Left is... really far to the left? lol
>>
>>19338613
Sort of have to get political to cover waco, Oklahoma, etc without sounding pro white supremacist militia. I think they do a fine job, Henry Zebrowski is a true /x/phile, and the others make him coherent.
>>
Why do you keep creating these threads? You're podcast is garbage. Work more on that and less on prompting it here. Also, go fuck yourself
>>
File: death.png (405KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
405KB, 500x500px
>>19338627
This. Don't get why people are bitching about them covering a topic of particular political contention - especially in these last few years- while speaking from their own opinions. They aren't a regurgitation of facts sort of podcast. They're primarily comedic and opinion based. It'd be dishonest if they didn't discuss the impact of white nationalism on the event.

That said I'd be lying if I didn't smell bullshit when they claimed that after "further reading" they changed their minds on Waco just when it was convenient to blame white nationalism on both events.
>>
>>19338613
Listened to them once, heard 15 minutes of them laughing at cringe neckbeard humor and then they finally got to some paranormal shit. Never again, they're fucking shit.
>>
>>19338618
This, those episodes were great
>>
>>19338670
This and sage
>>
I liked the Carl Panzram episodes, but yeah, they really over-do some topics that just aren't interesting enough to justify 4 episodes. The only thing that annoyed me about the Oklahoma bombing episodes is how unnecessary 2 of them were. It takes 5 minutes to explain how or why there might be a white supremacist conspiracy, and they just dragged that shit out.

I say "they", but I mostly mean Marcus/his assistants. I mean, look back at some of the most infamous serial killers they covered in the past and you'll see they mostly got just 2 episodes a piece.
>>
inb4 the Paranormies faggot shills his podcast
>>
It's still relatively entertaining but lately they've drifted too far from the core themes of horror and the unknown. The show is in it's element when they are talking about serial killers, conspiracies and the supernatural. Timothy McVeigh is a dull subject (in the context of the show) and barely warrants an episode, nevermind four. The show's weakest point has always been the personalities though. I realize Marcus does a lot of work and I commend him for that, but he's an obnoxious third-wave softcock who gets overly vitriolic about politics when he clearly knows diddly shit about the subject and Ben, who should know better, let's him get away with it while he sits back, repeats the same stock phrases and explains the other's jokes to the audience as if we're all retarded. I know Henry rubs some people the wrong way but honestly he carries the whole fucking show once the mics are on.
>>
Stop shilling it.
Every thread is an argument about heir dumb personal politics,so stop it.
>That's just want I want in my spooky podcast, political banter.
>And lazy 4 hours of jokes about the victims, unfortunate or innocents while preaching tolerance equality and love
>also hailing Satan and teaching lazy chaos magic
They're trash
>>
Ben: "Welcome to the Last Podcast on the Left! I'm your host Ben Kissel, and with me as always is Marcus Parks"

Marcus: "Howdy"

Ben: "And Henry Zabrowski."

Henry: "HelloooooOOOOOOOOO"

>Marcus chuckles at Henry's strange childish hooting

Ben: "Tonight's episode is a doozy. We're going to be covering Canadian roadside cultists and the mystery surrounding several disappearances in the Ontario region. It's, uh"

Henry: *cutting Ben off* "Justrealfast, before we get into this, I went to Ontario just last week and I spent the entire time eating hotdogs because I'm real fat, and I stuffed a zucchini in my anus in the hotel room so far it was hidden after I put on pants? And I walked around Ontario pretending that Trump was buttfucking me just like he's doing to America."

>Marcus doubles over, guffawing so hard he's lost his breath and having trouble breathing

Ben: "I... fail to see how that's relevant to cultists."

Henry: "It was the cult of my boy butt. My pouty poopy boy butt uhhhngh it's so hot for youuuu."

>Marcus is now in palpitations and quickly entering cardiac arrest from the sheer comedy gold of Henry's words

Henry: "See, that's my pouty poopy boy butt persona. I'm an improviseur."

Ben: "Uh huh. So back to the subject matter at hand."

>There's a crash in the background as Marcus finally collapses. Then, a heavy grunting is heard.

Ben: "DEAR LORD HENRY. Marcus needs an ambulance, what are you doing? That's assault!"

Henry: "Shh, I know he would want it this way. I'm just trying to fuck him like that cheese doodle DRUMPF is fucking the American people."

end scene
>>
Call me childish, but I actually liked last episode
>>
As humourous as bowel cancer, and about as insightful as the average 17 year-old amoeba that enjoys this shite.
>>
>>19339786
Kek. Paranormies is 100 times better than that commie garbage show.
>>
>>19338613
I used to like then a lot but they've been pretty grating as of late. Needs more paranormal stuff.
>>
>>19340154
Henry's joke didn't need that third time.
>>
>>19338613
I just hope one day they mention my tripcode
>>
>>19338619
Start with early episodes when they didn't give a damn. They used to mock people who were offended by their humor.
>>
Test
>>
>>19340154
Okay Marcus
>>
>>19340099
>Ben doesn't say "I LOVE *insert thing someone else just said*"
>Henry implies he actually put on pants

0/10 not even remotely accurate
>>
>>19340509
>I LOVE Toronto, that's the city in Ontario, right? And they're all so polite. If anyone's going to build a wall, let's build it around Canada, so we always have a place and people to go to where they're all just so nice.
>>
>>19338670
this.
>>
>>19340194
paranormies is the worst podcast ever created.
i would listen to 2 hours of a mountain goat giving birth before i would listen to 10 minutes of this garbage.
>>
I want to listen to the newest one, but after Oklahoma, fuck 'em
>>
Just started listening, what are the GOAT episodes?
>>
>>19340194
Sandy Hook was goat, but I couldn't even get through PK man. No interest in vampires either.
>>
>>19340560
Opinion discarded
>>
marcus parks and anything he touches is cancer.
>>
>>19340099
Fuck, I'm going to request to join the shitty fb group again and post this
>>
>>19338613
I LISTEN TO SPOOKY SHIT TO GET AWAY FROM COMMIE FAGGOT POLITICAL SHIT STOP PUTTING IT IN MY FACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>19341019
If you do, the second time I typed "Ontario" in Henry's outburst I meant to type Toronto.
>>
>>19340572
>t. Randy Weaver
>>
>>19338613
Terrible schedule? It's an episode a week, unless they REALLY can't post one, like recently with the move to a new studio, or that one time earlier when Marcus had to pull a tooth.

As for politics... Do you honestly think they're overly political, or just because they happen to be on the opposite side of the political spectrum? Sure, the OKC bombing episode was hard to go through, mainly because McVeigh was a really intelligent guy (as confirmed by Ted Kaczynski, who was his blockmate in prison, or by Wendy S. Painting, whose PhD thesis is a breath of fresh air) and they just mock him all the time or because they have a hard time understanding people who isolate themselves in remote communities (idgaf as long as it's all consensual, desu). The ATF fucked up, plain and simple. There should be arrests made, not sieges and stand-offs.

I think that with OKC bombing out of the way they'll come back to serial killers and the paranormal. I hope.

[spoiler]inb4 reddit spacing[/spoiler]
>>
>>19342797
Or when they rather get on tour to make some extra bucks instead of posting the content people paid for.
>>
>>19342803
Holy fuck, you're right. I didn't understand that "paid for" bit initially, but just checked and they make $25k a month on Patreon.
>>
I like these guys, I don't really see what everyone says about the politics, it's only apparent to me in the OKC episode. (Liberals stay butt hurt about everything thy say on Twitter so idk). Also they're the only paranormal podcast I've heard that actually know how to format a podcast and properly handle recording, I can't stand how low quality/amateur every other podcast sounds, if someone can point me in the right direction that'd be cool too
>>
>>19342814
And they still regularly go on tours where their little facebook/patreon clique gets together to watch shitty youtube videos.

Does someone remember how they were supposed to post liverecordings at the end of the month. And then changed their mind to only give them to patreon. And after that never posted any? Yeah.
>>
>>19338613
I pretty much share the same sentiments as you, I still love the podcast but the PC, virtue signaling, and white guilt is getting old fast.

I get that Henry needs to protect and promote his brand but holy fuck the guy needs to calm the fuck down on the politics. We get it man, we never though you were a Trump supporter. Kissel isn't any better either.

They just did a 3 parter and was pretty miss for me, I think they thought it was a topic relevant to today but it just came off as preachy and annoying. I hope they do an episode on far left terror to balance it out, maybe cover some more soviet stuff. Dyalatov Pass episode was so fucking good.
>>
>>19340920
I thought he was mostly fine at first, but after listening to TLPotL, Page 7, Round Table I noticed that he's obnoxious as fuck. I can barely stand him, he talks like the world is dying to hear his life stories but we really don't give a shit.

Sorry Marcus, you're a great host/producer but you're also a bit of a narcissist.
>>
>>19342839

Yeah. I think you're pretty much on point.

I'm not from the US so I don't really have a horse in the race. Though most people on here would probably call me a libtard or something.

But the guys are extremely annoying whenever they feel like they need to express their views to get some points with... who knows who. There's no need to always bring up current politics as much as they do. They must be really fucking retarded to look at old events with a modern viewpoint.

Henry, Marcus or Lupe are absolutely reading this thread. So let me say this. From one liberal to another. There is a reason why everyone thinks liberals, especially the ones from the US, are retarded. Take some time to reflect on yourself and what you're doing to your podcast. No on is listening to hear about your political opinions. It's not our fault that your political podcast is always getting off the rails. It's your fault for always inviting a dozen guests.

It might be a good idea for US-americans in general to take a step back from politics. It's not healthy to let your life get dictated by that.
>>
They're shit now but the Jesse Ventura episode is so fucking good
>>
>>19338613
Used to be good and then they went all liberal sjw.

Panzram episodes needed to be in multiple parts. Dude was absolutely crazy and did a huge amount of ballsy shit throughout his reign.
>>
I loved the podcast for a long fuckin' time but over the last few months, I've somewhat checked out. I can't even explain what it is that's turning me off.

Almost everything up until a little past the David Bowie episode is great, though.

>>19343044
The whole bit about how the government brainwashes you when you enter R.E.M sleep so Ventura doesn't let the people around him dream brings me to tears.
>>
>>19342885
Eat shit Lupe
>>
>>19342839
>I get that Henry needs to protect and promote his brand but holy fuck the guy needs to calm the fuck down on the politics. We get it man, we never though you were a Trump supporter.

The kicker is Henry's also admitted he doesn't vote so that makes it extra retarded

>>19342867
He thinks he's the coolest person on the planet. Watch him on the live stream, he practically makes out with the camera. I can't stand that guy
>>
>>19339831
>That's just want I want in my spooky podcast, political banter.
I think it's only there if you want to hear it. Maybe you should do some soul-searching
>And lazy 4 hours of jokes about the victims, unfortunate or innocents while preaching tolerance equality and love
Henry's brand of dark humor bleeds directly from this shithole. I don't know why you'd be uppity about that.
>also hailing Satan and teaching lazy chaos magic
It's tongue-in-cheek. Neither of those things are real. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
>>
>>19338613
We've had this conversation before. They're tryhard fuckboys. They could make a 4 part episode in 1 episode if they'd stop shitting up the podcast with their never ending horseshit.

I don't remember which member is which. The tall one seems like a genuine nice guy and is probably the funniest.

The loud one with the shitty impressions (Marcus?) is the tryhard of the group. First episode I heard I thought he was funny and it wore thing quickly.

The third guy, the researcher guy. I honestly don't remember enough about him to talk about it. I guess he should do research on not serial killers for a change, so the podcast can have something worth maybe checking out.

They've been doing serial killers and dumb shit for the past two years. Any time the subject is shit, you don't even have to check the feed for a month because the filler in every episode ensures four episodes for the shittiest of subjects.

Fuck that podcast.
>>
File: FUCK THAT.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THAT.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>19344082
>I think it's only there if you want to hear it. Maybe you should do some soul-searching
except when they mention it all the fucking time, nice white-knighting though
>Henry's brand of dark humor bleeds directly from this shithole. I don't know why you'd be uppity about that.
its not about the content or quality of the jokes, it's about the hypocrisy in which they conduct themselves. do you see? probably not since, sine they're your go-to friend simulator
>It's tongue-in-cheek. Neither of those things are real. Stop taking yourself so seriously.
they hail satan every epsiode and theres 2 chaos magick episodes where they get everything wrong and (if you believe that sort of thing) is very dangerous.
maybe YOU should get their dick out of your ass and question their intentions (milking money from autists like you) more than 'not at all.'
>>
>>19340375
I completely agree with you
>>
>>19340496
Actually, my name really is Marcus
>>
>>19338619
95% of the episodes are really good. The downward slip is extremely recent and even considering that it's still better than any other paranormal podcast. It really is a case of normies ruining everything though. Enjoy the backlog, you wont regret it
>>
>>19339826
this guy gets it

>>19341019
already doing it

>>19340194
I wanted it to be good. all the hosts have no charisma and voices that make me picture the fat neckbeards they undoubtedly are
>>
>>19342815
I recommend the dick show, it's not paranormal but I think you'll like it
>>
>>19344348

>Henry: White supremacists are getting presidents elected!

>fifteen minutes later talking about how it's a tiny group of powerless idiots

WELL WHICH ONE IS IT YOU STUPID FUCK? ARE THEY THE BIG BAD BOOGEYMEN OR ARE THEY A TOTAL JOKE?

I just hate it when people can't even be consistent with their own bullshit. I understand that people believe in retarded things, but at least keep it cohesive for chrissake
>>
>>19338627
They utterly fucked up the shit tier Oklahoma city episodes.
>>
>>19344082
>>19344654
Gas yourself redditor.
>>
>>19340099
You're implying that Ben wouldn't shoehorn in how he feels positively and tolerant towards something degenerate and immoral.
>>
>>19343534
It's a bit like AVGN past Ikari Warriors for me. Something changed and it just doesn't click anymore.
>>
>>19344715
I'm not sure how I feel about that, because every time he does something like this it's dripping with sarcasm.
>>
>>19342764
Considering the family got over 3 million dollars in settlements, maybe the government was in the wrong.

>>19338627
Maybe go back and listen to their waco episode before they went off the deep over over Drumpf. In a world where Hilary won, the OKC episodes would be completely different.

>>19338672
"further reading" meaning watching a leftist netflix documentary and regurgitating the fuck white people narrative and ignoring all of the shit around the bombing that is literally impossible to have happened according to the official story
>>
>>19343656

Not every comment that you don't like is that mexican fuckboy, you faggot.
>>
>>19338613
Seen same thread 6 months ago, this is just a shill thread
>>
I like them. They're informative and entertaining. Win/win.
>>
>>19345490
Okay Marcus
>>
>>19345481
yeah, as soon as this thread is pruned the /pol/tard will start another one.
best to ignore or sage it
>>
File: mp-afterparty-08-50.jpg (117KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
mp-afterparty-08-50.jpg
117KB, 800x534px
Marcus is god tier, you plebs. He does solid research and his catching laughters combined with Henry's & Ben's shenanigans are pure comedy gold.
>>
>>19346553
Okay Marcus, sure
>>
They used to be leagues better than they are now. There was a time when they were a paranormal podcast as opposed to a true crime podcast. Every now and then they'll have a good episode, tho.
>>
File: 1500095136055.jpg (162KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1500095136055.jpg
162KB, 1462x1462px
>>19340099
Holy shit, that's dead on.
>>
>>19346376
>yeah, as soon as this thread is pruned the /pol/tard will start another one.
>best to ignore or sage it
>/pol/tard

See, this sounds like Henry or Marcus trying to evade criticism by labeling everyone here a Nazi. Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>19338613
Their older episodes are fantastic, I just think they're slowly running out of normie-tier content. There's only so many serial killers to do an hour show about.

Still though I can't think of a better paranormal podcast, Darkness Radio is a close second though.
>>
Generation Why is a lot better.

>Humble guys
>Nice relaxing voices
>No politics
>Actually discussion
>No meme humour
>>
>>19347222
You can tell Tim Dennis is falling apart.
He sounds like he's slowly dying inside but is doing his best to hide it.
>>
>>19347222
I'd like to add I didn't mean that as an insult, I like beyond the darkness.
>>
File: Marcus_In_Love.jpg (209KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus_In_Love.jpg
209KB, 1000x667px
>Marcus Parks won't hang himself 2020
>>
>>19347414
Goddamn, he's one ugly motherfucker.
He's like a young Steve Buscemi with none of the talent or charisma.
>>
>>19338613
GAY
A
Y
>>
File: latza.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
latza.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>19347414
>those hair genetics
i feel like marcus is one of those people that will take going bald REALLY hard, but he's balding.
that'll be fun.
>>
>>19338613
eh I like em. Dont really see the problem with the OKC stuff. Ive met the boys and they all seem like pretty down to earth people to me. Also: its free so if u dont like it there is the door muchacho
>>
File: MarcusParks.jpg (196KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
MarcusParks.jpg
196KB, 1000x667px
>>19347420
While definitely not the best looking guy, he looks better in other photos
>>
File: 1215033105369s.jpg (3KB, 111x126px) Image search: [Google]
1215033105369s.jpg
3KB, 111x126px
>>19347923
wtf is wrong with his fingernail?!
>>
>>19347937
Itchy asshole
>>
>>19338670
Sage
>>
>>19338613
omg, while I never have listened to the podcast; a couple of people on the last thread on it were vocally against what it had become, and the creators of the show got onto the thread and argued it out with the dissenters. It was the most hilarious thing that's happened on this board in a long time.
>>
>>19348137
>and the creators of the show got onto the thread and argued it out with the dissenters. It was the most hilarious thing that's happened on this board in a long time.

Holy shit, I would have loved to watch them get BTFO, especially Henry. What a smug fuck. I still love the show but the guys have been dragging it down with personal politics.

Got any tidbits of the convo?
>>
>>19347937

He was with Grampa Rick and had to put something waaaaay up inside his butthole.
>>
>>19348153
You know, unfortunately, its been like a month or 2 so it's all pretty sketchy in my head, but if I recall Marcus was actually on the thread along with Henry. (for sure Marcus, but not 100% on Henry)
>>
>>19348199
ahh that's too bad, It was actually in a fairly recent episode where they mention that the quality of 4chan has been going down-hill fast. I would not be surprised if it had something to do with that thread.

Did Marcus mention that it was him? if he did he probably rolled out the red carpet.
>>
>>19346553
>solid research

>actually pawns everything off to his fans and regurgitates shit he watches on Netflix

>Kek
>>
>>19347664
Agreed, and the door was taken, but I still like to shit talk those assholes for ruining their own creation
>>
>>19347923
He is hideous in real life.
Source: me. I see him all the time. Asshole to boot
>>
>>19346553
I knew him from Texas. Came from a creepy family. Rumors hisbrothers fucked his ass.
>>
>>19338670
Seriously paranornies get your shit together
>>
Hey lupe! Suck my dick, faggot!
>>
Expanded Perspectives is just two middle aged dads in a recording booth and still manages to be 1000x better. It's literally the best paranormal podcast around.
>>
>>19348473
The /pol/ shit makes ut fucking unwatchable.
>LOL LET ME SAY GOYIM 500 TIMES HAHA CHAN MEMES
Just shut the fuck up and get on with the show. It's terrible in the same way LPoTL is terrible. Bottom line, no one gives a fuck about your political opinion, especially if it can be summed up with "memes from 4chan".
>>
>>19340099
Did anyone post this to the fb group?
>>
>>19341019
>>19341229
>>19344621
>>19348787

Aaaw. Did the times they called you guys and the rest of 4chan idiots hurt your feelings?
>>
>LAWL EBIN TROLLING ON DA FACEBOOK PAGE THESE GUYS R LIBTARDS

Butthurt on /x/ is a lot sadder than the buttburt on the other boards.
>>
>>19349101
>>19349113
Hello Marcus
>>
>>19349158
>someone doesn't like my sperging! It must be the person I'm talking about!

This meme is old.
>>
>>19349158
Hi, retarded manchild crying about libtards and white, christian genocide.
>>
>>19349113
I blame /pol/. Maybe they benefit from chan culture but /x/ doesn't.
>>
File: 1486965709733.png (157KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486965709733.png
157KB, 700x600px
>>19349213
Marcus, why did you guys flip-flop your opinions on the Waco siege? And I used to think you guys were cool...
>>
The humour is so hard to listen to. the have some alright episodes but some are boring as hell. I usually listen to Mysterious Universe these 2 australian guys who are pretty open minded cover all sorts of topics and do full on research.
>>
>>19349206
Okay Marcus
>>
>>19349113
>buttburt
buttburt
>buttburt
buttburt
>buttburt
buttburt
>buttburt
buttburt
>buttburt
>>
File: IMG_5161.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5161.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>
>>19350197
Last Retards on the Podcast List

They really suck. They are Those Conspiracy Guys for fat Americans.
>>
>>19350203
I can't really speak for the quality of TCG, but they really help the time go from driving home (in PA) back to University (Connecticut) every weekend
>>
I was done the moment Marcus boasted he could bag a model.
He looks like the crypt keeper.
>>
>>19338613
Id never heard the podcast before this week. I listened to 3 full episodes, each ~6 months apart in release date.

Dear christ, it is the most vapid, closed-minded pile of shit I have ever experienced. Id legitimately rather listen to MSM, because at least theyre fun to mock.

I seriously feel bad for the researcher guy. Their entire shtick is letting the researcher get 15 seconds of talking in, then relentlessly mock him and anyone that even considers that perspective.

Their entire approach to humor is wit, but they fail miserably. The faggy humor and poop jokes dont help either. The guy that does impressions is mediocre, and most of his voices are dated celebrities with little-to-no relevance to the subject.

I dont even mind their mainstream left-leaning politics. The show as a whole is just a failed concept as far as Im concerned.
>>
>>19344634
>>19344634
You calling me a faggot
>>
>>19344634
Just kidding, I just saw it's real, idk what I'm in for
>>
>>19352762
He is fucking hideous. Why hasn't anyone told him?
>>
File: natalie.png (1MB, 1247x871px) Image search: [Google]
natalie.png
1MB, 1247x871px
>>19340099
Hmm, I wonder what happened to cause Henry to become annoyingly political as of late...
>>
File: mu.jpg (71KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
mu.jpg
71KB, 630x630px
>>19342815
> they're the only paranormal podcast I've heard that actually know how to format a podcast and properly handle recording

u wot m8
>>
>>19353790
Is that Marcus?
>>
> Claim to be liberals and progressive
> Constantly make fun of a guy for sucking dick
> But it's okay because he was a conservative
I don't want to bring /pol/ into this shit but those guys are hypocrites and a bunch of cucks
>>
File: 1455114099038.png (60KB, 432x615px) Image search: [Google]
1455114099038.png
60KB, 432x615px
>>19353891
The Jew cries out in pain as he strikes you.
>>
>>19343044
>we did communicate through megaphones
>Ventura Corp.
>an endless feedback loop of bellowing

Man, that was a great episode, they really need to have that guy back on.
>>
The show has honestly been weak for the past couple of months. I'm left-leaning when it comes to politics myself, so it's not even the recent political episodes that have done it for me, though I wouldn't mind if they toned it down a bit.

It is, as OP mentioned, really stretching out the topics when it's not remotely necessary. OK being of course the most egregious example. Also, I just feel that the topics really haven't been that interesting as of late. Like Cobain? That really doesn't fit the theme of the show to me,they don't do nearly enough paranormal episodes as it is, they don't need to waste two weeks with that. I hope they turn it around, because at times it's been my favorite podcast to listen to in the past.
>>
>>19353960
For some reason true crime is really popular. A lot of paranormal podcasts I listen/listened to started moving to true crime shit.
>>
File: 1487228247595.jpg (151KB, 474x499px) Image search: [Google]
1487228247595.jpg
151KB, 474x499px
>>19353970
Is there an alien true crime podcast? I want to hear about ayyylmao serial killers.
>>
>>19353970
Yeah, it's become a real fad lately. I got into the podcast because of the paranormal episodes in the first place and it seems like they're moving away from it completely.
>>
>>19353986
>Alien
>True Crime
lel
>>
>>19352818
The researcher is Marcus but as you listen you realize he's the worst of the bunch. His information is either wrong or verbatim Wikipedia entries/ whatever recent Netflix documentary they watched that week.
It's format is to be as lazy as possibly while squeezing as much out of their fans they can. sppnsors, merch, live shows and they still have a patreon even though they sometimes don't upload an entire month.
Besides ben, they're pieces of shit.

It also doesn't help Marcus laughs at every...single....fucking...joke.
>>
>the guys who post about tulpas, creepypastas, and succubi with animu girls as main thread images want to troll other people
>on facebook
>because of the way they cover the subject of tulpas, succubbi, and creepy pasta

This truly is the saddest board.
>>
>Henry looks like a red headed gnome with sagging fat folds
>he's been in more relationships than literally every one in this board

Cry more, manchildren.
>>
>>19350016

Keep your underaged, incest porn in your private folder.

>>19350009

Meme.

>>19349561
>threatening to shitpost on a facebook group to 'get back' at people

Yes. You ARE butthurt. Very good.
>>
>>19353891
>I don't want to bring /pol/
>cucks

Go back to /pol/.
>>
>LPOTL
>"And that's when Dahmer started eating the guy's flesh"
>"Hahaha, Oh Jeffrey, that scamp...by the way you guys hear what Drumpf did today? White people right?
Edgy bunch of faggots cheerily discussing people being dismembered and shit but virtue signalling against anything outside of the progressive agenda. Pretty sure they even mentioned goobergate on one show for fucks sake
>>
>>19354537
>by the way you guys hear what Drumpf did today? White people right?

Cry more, pussy.

>Edgy bunch of faggots cheerily discussing people being dismembered and shit

Do you. Fucking know. What site you're on? Retard?
>>
>>19354537
Get over it, faggot. WAAAH. STOP OPPRESSING WHITE PEOPLE. Scrape that sand out of your pussy and get over it, you /pol/ mongoloid.

"Edgy bunch of faggots". THEY SAID MEAN THINGS ABOUT TRUMP. You dumbshits voted for him because you thought it would be funny. Goddamn hypocrite.
>>
>>19353824
Love these guys, but 9 dollars a month is fucking steep for a podcast. Plus it rubs me the wrong way how stingy they are with their back catalog. Oh well. Gotta make a living somehow.

As for LPotL, I like them alright, except I'm seriously sick of the true crime shit. It's harder for them to shoehorn their echo chamber politics in when they're talking about the moon being a hologram.
>>
>>19354537
This literally never happened, the Dahmer episodes came out two years ago. Plus you're all way overexaggerating the extent of their political quips. At most it's like 2-3 sentences unless something is retarded, like the story of Randy Weaver, a man with a fucking family and small children, doing business with neo-Nazis (entrapment or not).
>>
File: NY_nights.jpg (292KB, 995x661px) Image search: [Google]
NY_nights.jpg
292KB, 995x661px
>>19347414
kek
>>
>>19354969
Not the same anon, but I think he was trying to illustrate the glaring impasse of trying to be edgy, why completely playing it safe and enforcing the status quo for money; Marcus has always been upfront about this. it also reveals the improvisational, and therefore inauthentic nature of their show. In that way, they reveal they aren't interested in anything worth your time, and your interest depends on if you like their personalities or not. To me, they've always been about stealing other people's work or interest, then mocking it/ exploiting it with little effort or credit.

In an attempt to fuse comedy and the paranormal, They've made an embarrassment of both.
>>
>>19355060
It's entertainment, I don't need it to be authentic and I'd wager that 99% of their listener base doesn't give a flying fuck about their political affiliations. They make me laugh and point me to some interesting books and topics that I can later investigate on my own (because yes, they do a poor job at research). Why does every piece of trivial entertainment suddenly need to be "authentic", "true" or whatever? They even keep referring to themselves as "entertainers", not "truth seekers".

Do you put every piece of media that you consume under the same kind of scrutiny? Or is it because they are politically left-leaning and thus HAVE TO have some nefarious agenda? As I said, not everyone has to find them funny (I can't stand most of the chaos magick episodes or like 2/3 of the serial killer ones), but you all act as if they are Chinese disinfo agents.
>>
>>19355066
They lack a critical sense of integrity. They wish to exploit, not expand. Consume at you leisure, but they're style is nothing but parasitic.
>>
>>19353790
I fucking knew it, it does seem that he's changed after he started dating his gf. Is that her? She's fucking hideous, you can tell she's a vapid cunt too.
>>
>>19353891
>> Claim to be liberals and progressive
>> Constantly make fun of a guy for sucking dick
>> But it's okay because he was a conservative

Yea pretty much, they've done it multiple times through out the episodes. Don't like a certain person for being conservative? "He probably eats dicks and likes it up the ass!". Totally not demeaning guys...
>>
>>19355066
>I'd wager that 99% of their listener base doesn't give a flying fuck about their political affiliations.

Exactly! Which is why they should never talk about it on the show, I don't listen to the last podcast on the left for their tired drumpf/white people amirite jokes.
>>
>>19354407
>>19354424
>>19354441
>>19354445

Henry, why can't you take criticism? I love your show, but man you guys need to out a cap in your unfunny political humor.
>>
File: 1481910073271.png (226KB, 916x802px) Image search: [Google]
1481910073271.png
226KB, 916x802px
>>19355125
Kind of odd that "4chin edgelord" Henry Bukowski has such paper-thin skin. You'd think that all the lurking would've inoculated him to some extent. What has Natalie done to you, man?
>>
>>19355123
But you don't mind the casual racism and calling muslims (or Turks specifically) "roaches"?
>>
>>19355211
LPOTL calls out the Turkroaches? I should give them another listen.
>>
>>19355211
>thingsthatneverhappened.mp3
>>
File: turkish army.jpg (70KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
turkish army.jpg
70KB, 800x448px
>>19355211
turks are roaches though
>>
If we're talking about other podcasts, does anyone listen to Astonishing Legends?
>>
>>19354922
Re: mu. Exactly. If they went the patreon route, and let me choose my donation and assess the value of the extras would be preferred. Not enough value for $9
>>
I'll say this. If you are a patron of the show, and would like to see the show focus more in one area and less in another, I would hope they would post a comment in the lpotl patreon page, and I hope H,M and B look there for feedback. It will allow them to get to know their audience and currate the episodes to their taste.

I was a patron of the show, but removed my support as I have not enjoyed the content in a long time and advised so on the patreon page.

i would advise anyone who has enjoyed the show in the past to become a patron, and donate for the many great hours they have provided in the past. Then end your support and advise so in the comment section on the patron page. I would hope he creators look there for constructive support of their content.
>>
>>19355414
I do, and support them on patreon. I think they are the smartest best reasearched podcast in this genre.>>19355441
>>
>>19354922
>>19355441

I agree about the price and the back catalog, but the free show is still good enough to download once a week. I'd shell out for the monthly fee and back catalog if I wasn't a poorfag, I've been listening since before they started all that and I think it'd definitely be worth it if you have the money.
>>
>>19355109
>gf
>GIRLfriend
>she

Yeah sure.
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (69KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
69KB, 494x750px
Hot take: Henry Is a chaos magician adopting the role of a liberal cuck to further his acting career.
>>
>>19355838
Half the time they get their facts wrong. Fifty percent is not a great research average. There is very little information given that can't be discovered on the first page of a Google search, and even then they get some of it wrong.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.