[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does anything exist? Why are we here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: p03xsw49.jpg (96KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p03xsw49.jpg
96KB, 1280x640px
Why does anything exist?
Why are we here?
>>
to shitpost
>>
>>19338396
Pick a reason, it's just as valid as any other someone can come up with.
Call that unenlightened, but it is perhaps the only truth to this experience we all share called "life"
>>
To Explore the Mysteries.
>>
>>19338418
>le be urself XD
I don't want your fucking platitudes. I WANT THE FUCKING ANSWER
>>
>>19338451
That is the answer, you fucking nitwit, if only you had the brains to actual understand it.
Good luck finding your truths with your head so far up your ass that you can't even see what's real and not real.
>>
File: shitpostinghandinhand.png (423KB, 1895x903px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostinghandinhand.png
423KB, 1895x903px
>>19338400
fpbp
>>
>>19338396

Because life willed it so over the course of many cycles, and thus, you are.
>>
File: lain-alien.png (1MB, 1512x1072px) Image search: [Google]
lain-alien.png
1MB, 1512x1072px
>>19338451
>he needs a purpose this bad

say we did have a purpose? how would you know which retard on /x/ is right? Couldn't it be any of them? Things that have a purpose usually ae aware of it, so you know, they can actually fulfill that purpose. Unless our purpose is to show what happens when there are things like us, which is virtually identical to no purpose at all.
>>
to die
>>
What is the purpose of garbage?
What is the purpose of toxic waste?
What is the purpose of an accident?

All those things do not have a purpose, which does not mean it can not have an effect and/or a wise way to deal with the particular situation.
Just like so, life has no meaning, but there sure are ways to give life meaning. What meaning that is depends on the person that is living is that live and the environment it is in.

A healthy sex life, love and friendships will make you happy.
A normal income gives you the freedom to spend some. Interest in knowledge makes sure you can talk with other educated people and level. Going all religious pretty much results in you becoming someone people try to avoid unless they are insecure and more uneducated then you are.

Have fun in life.
>>
>>19338396
No answer. Consider yourself lucky for that. It could have been so much worse.
>>
>>19338396
I have been through a lot of emotional trauma. I asked the question of why as hard as I could. I refused to give up. My answer is that it's the challenge of survival. The physical act of fighting to survive is very proud action. The feeling of winning against the void Is quite pleasurable. Especially when you see your children succeed. You were built to fight. All life was built to fight. To consume. To recycle energy. Just fight and survive. Just enjoy it. This is the only answer with an observable outcome that you can also enjoy.
>>
>>19338396
Why do things have to have a reason? You can speculate on how we got here, but there isn't necessarily a "why". Maybe there is, but you shouldn't go in with that as a presumption.
>>
>>19338851
This is a very smart answer. It's worth considering that even if there is a "why", the answer may not have any intuitive value.

If you ask how far it is from here tot hat tree, I can tell you and you'll go "Oh yeah, okay" because you evolved to deal with that data. You can visualize localized distances very well and understand small spatial relationships intuitively.

If I tell you it's 3 light years to the next star, you just stare blankly because that info has no intuitive value. It's too big to have meaning. You can comprehend the numbers if you try, but you cannot envision the space, or understand natively how long it takes to pass through it without mathematics. The information doesn't "catch" in that satisfying way.

Ultimately, the "why" simply may not matter, even if we ever get it. You have to ask the right questions if you want valuable answers. Turn the critical gaze inward, then. Worry more about what's inside here than what is "out there" so that when you do ask questions they will be meaningful.
>>
>>19338396
We are here for gods entertainment
>>
>>19338396
There is no reason -- OR -- NOBODY KNOWS.
>>
If I told you the reason was potato, you'd ask me why is the reason potato. You'll never know, so stop seeking, or seek until you realize.
>>
File: 1499347031986.jpg (53KB, 720x597px) Image search: [Google]
1499347031986.jpg
53KB, 720x597px
>>19338400
/thread
>>
>>19338396
To enjoy it.
>>
File: Cqi44rlWIAA1hVL.jpg (88KB, 782x544px) Image search: [Google]
Cqi44rlWIAA1hVL.jpg
88KB, 782x544px
>>
>>19338396
Just to suffer...Every night I feel etc.. etc..
>>
>>19338396
Cause 14 billion years something weird happened.
Coincidence.
>>
>>19338396
To experience the senses, emotions. To experience intellect, competition, frustration. And to grow and die, as one with nature.
>>
>>19338396
I'm not sure anything does exist, not in the way we think it does.
>>
We're here so God can pick one of us to be his soulmate.
>>
>>19342516
You know, I've believed far crazier things than that.
>>
>>19342195
me too
>>
>>19338396
Sentient life was created through evolution without any specified purpose other than to procreate (and even that is more of a biological imperative rather than a real "meaning"). That's it, have fun. I'm gonna finally finish Dragon's Dogma today, you do something fun as well.
>>
>>19338396
To create
>>19338400
Hahahaha
yep
>>
File: IMG_0728.jpg (44KB, 350x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
44KB, 350x581px
This.... https://youtu.be/mMRrCYPxD0I
>>
>>19338396
>Why does anything exist?
Does it?

It still astounds me that it's widely accepted knowledge in this day and age that 100% of our sense can be tricked, and yet everyone still believes they can just _know_ that what our senses tell us is a real physical objective world out there.

There is one thing you CAN know though regardless of how hard someone tries to trick your senses. That one thing is the mere fact that you experienced anything at all.
Even if you were tricked into thinking your body was made of cheese (or if you were tricked into thinking you're something called a "human", like in this "reality") you still know that you experienced _something_, and nobody can ever actually take that away from you.

Therefore the mere fact that you experience is actually the most fundamental thing, and possibly the only thing you can truly ever know for certain.

and so the real question isn't why does anything exist, the real question is why do you experience anything?

If you could answer why you experience things then the question of why things exist becomes trivial, because anything at all could give rise to a universe if you're there to interpret the relationships between the data.
>>
>>19338396
The first thing to check, is if there is an afterlife that is tied to this life, without certainty about this fact we cannot be sure.

If life is one and done it is hard to argue against
>>19338418

If there is more after this it's probably fair to say that gaining knowledge and wisdom is probably the thing to do.

Then there's the question of whether there will be reincarnation here on earth or this physical reality, or if the after life occurs on another "plane" or "dimension". That would inform us as to what degree we should concern ourselves with material reality.

So basically>>19338420
We're all trying to figure stuff out. Maybe some people know better than others.
>>
>>19345584
Having subjective had /x/ tier subjective experiences
>OBEs
>Telepathy
>Telekinesis
>Receiving (or inducing) Astral Projections

I believe in some sort of ethereal non-physical (not explainable by electromagnetism or quantum theory as they are currently presented) basis for life and suspect that some of us are destined for existence on that level. I think these things aren't necessarily impenitrable to scientific study but it is clear that they have been "relegated" to the level of tinfoil/schizophrenic, even the stuff that meshes well with the major world religions.
>>
Pure, random luck and to fap.
>>
>>19338400
Reminder that competent /x/ shitposting is the highest level of shitposting.
Your posts are likely to hit
>People tripping on MKUltra drugs
>Schizophrenics
>Earnest Seekers of occult wisdom
>Ayy Lmaos
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.