[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grand Canyon Paranormal and Occult sites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: grandcanyon.jpg (157KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
grandcanyon.jpg
157KB, 1600x800px
Me and a group of friends are going to the Grand Canyon soon. What are some paranormal areas and activities that can be found at and in the vicinity of the park.
>>
The whole area is! It's one giant quarry that was strip mined a long long time ago.
>>
My friends and I have been talking about going there. Only like 5 hours away.
I don't know of anything paranormal though
>>
>tfw have been there a handful of times and nothing paranormal happened
>>
>>19338383
Whats the story behind that? Is it some sort of conspiracy about aliens?
>>
>>19338532
Maybe not aliens, but it's about how mountains, cliffs and volcanoes are shaped like huge trees, quarries and waste piles, respectively.
it uses the silicon-lifeform hypothesis to define many sorts of mountains as tree stumps (look at the devil's tower for example).
Cliffs like the grand canion have patterns to its walls that resemble quarries in pretty much all aspects except for size.
Now volcanoes might all well just be waste from such excavations left behind and they explode because of chemical reagents used to work the area.

A theory is that the huge creatures who did that also become some of the mountains we have, and the petrification process was the same that happened to the huge trees.
Now if it was alliums or titans, I have no clue, but whatever work they've done is very clear and hidden in plain sight.
>>
>>19338719
>Now volcanoes might all well just be waste from such excavations left behind and they explode because of chemical reagents used to work the area.

This is actually true.
>>
>>19338719
Thats quite interesting. I will keep this in mind when we go there.
>>
>>19338360

Numerous caves that are forbidden. But the Grand Canyon is enormous and tourists only go to a few designated areas.

Prime Skinwalkers territory if you take the eastern road the 89 I believe. But the 180 is a way more pretty drive. Assuming you are driving to the south rim.

Do a few searches for Native American legends in the area, you'll find some good stuff. Skinwalkers, Spider Rock. You want real scary than drive on the reservation. :^)
>>
>>19338776
No it is not. Sit down.
>>
>>19338927
Are the caves forbidden due to them being structurally unstable or because they are too deep into the park? We are coming in from the west, but I heard the skinwalkers sightings can be seen from all sides of the park.
>>
>>19338927
Don't drive on the res unless you wanna get shot.
>>
File: image.jpg (316KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316KB, 1000x600px
>>19338940

Not sure but no one has ever been allowed in them, and they were denied by parks dept. to even exist until recently. YouTube claims ancient structures inside, strange paintings of languages that are not native, or other things that shouldn't exist but who knows. You can't really get near them, that canyon is so freakin huge.

My great uncle literally grew up on land that is now the national park, fuck I should really ask him sometime. But Northern AZ has a bunch of paranormal & interesting things. A place called Two Guns on the I40 is a cool ghost town with the Apache death cave, & urban exploring areas, and a mile away a place called Canyon Diablo which has a really fucked up history, graves, ruins also Pic related Guy in the middle is a dead outlaw and his ghost can be seen in the area supposedly. Which is all only 100 yards from the reservation too.

Also, I stand by the comment that the reservation is the most scary place. Prime Skinwalkers territory, not larping.
>>
>>19339061
Thank you for sharing. Those caves sound cool, but that sounds more like a full blown expedition rather than a short trip. Trying to find them could take months.

I dont know if were going as far east as the reservation. Any tips on how to stay safe?
>>
File: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg (45KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
45KB, 533x594px
>>19338719
>>
>>19338481
Hey op what part of AZ do you hail from
>>
>>19339555
I'm from CA actually. Me and some friends are going camping for a few days. Just wanted to hear from people around the area about any sort of strange phenomena in the area.
>>
>>19338927
This man knows. Reservations. No matter how your curiosity has you fixated or how tough you think you are, a reservation is avoided.
>>
>>19339584
Is it the level of crime there and the fact that they are semi autonomous that makes them dangerous?
>>
>>19339061
All of AZ is riddled with paranormal stuff. I have a story about an old ghost town near me.

Not to mention it's the wild west out here. Everyone has a gun and itches for a chance to use it.
>>
>>19339218
Don't go on one. Period.

If you happen to be that unlucky, well.... Just hope you're not white man and pray tribal og's don't get their hands on you
>>
>>19339589
Well, people don't really know unless you're near one. It seems then they feel compelled to say it, but walking on a reservation basically is the act of signing your rights away as an American citizen.

It's not like 100% that you'll get an og that will shoot you just so he CAN file the paperwork but you run the risk of it. No joke. And touching on his paragraph again about the skinwalkers.

There are things people say in this world that is absolutely ridiculous. Just bonkers. Normally I'd chalk it up as that but for native American culture and the mysticism that surrounds it that is true stories. Especially in the Grand Canyon
>>
I finally take part in a thread and it does. Damn
>>
>>19339603
Also very easily disrespectful in its own right their land is sacred. Whether it's burial, communal or spiritual. You don't know what your stepping on and every barrier is an invisible one
>>
If it's still alive in the the next few hours I'll spill my story and a few others I have here in this lovely 127 degree hell hole I live in
>>
>>19339645
That would be appreciated. I am going to bed for now. Will see if this is still up in the morning.
>>
Gc looks man made. What is the official narrative about how it's shaped?
>>
>>19338940
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/egipto/grandcanyon/ArizonaGazette5April1909.htm

Grains of salt and all that
>>
File: 1494429897390.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
1494429897390.png
27KB, 741x609px
>>19339688
Umm, the Colorado River maybe?
>>
HMU
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.