[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW EXACTLY DOES MAGIC WORK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Wich are the mechanisms behind magic? Particles, waves, something entirelly new? Implying that magic exists, how can it affect the reality and why some mythological creatures are said to be more related to magic that 'regular' creatures. Would this imply that these creatures have some sort of organ or cells dedicated to magic?

Pic related: I liked the explanation given in Doctor Strange about magic wich is information extracted from other realities used to alter our dimension information.
>>
>>19337941
software
/thread
>>
Magic is Mystery, Science is Understanding.

If a Magician Reveals his trick, you then know how it works.
>>
>>19337941
I'd say a lot(or all) of magic is done through manipulation of the etheric plane, which has corresponding effects on the physical plane. As above so below motherfuckers!
>>
Magic is bullshit
oh you're a magician, right? you get on stage and do fucking tricks for people
smoke and mirror shittery
>>
>>19337941
Depends on what kind of magic.
>>
>>19337941
get off my board you marlel
>>
Doctor strange is quantum mechanics
This era's electricity
>>
>>19337941

I see it as just getting root access to your subconscious via symbolism and ritual.

You wanna tell your subconscious to get on board with an idea, but it doesn't understand language, you can't just say "ayo nigga let's get some money yo".

So you talk to it with a language it can undertand: symbolism.

Also notice how most spells say "think carefully about exactly what it is you want and how it should be accomplished ", even without magic just that action alone makes a goal much more likely to happen as most people focus on abstract ideas rather than clarifying their intent.
>>
inb4 B&
>>
>>19337941
It's powered by thought, and deals heavily with the subconscious. I dunno, in scientific terminology I'd have to chalk it up to waves from your brain effecting the outcome of quantum phenomenon or something like that, but I'm not super knowledgeable about quantum physics so don't take my word for it.
>>
>>19337941
First of all, magick works in the mind, for it is the word itself that is most often misunderstood.
Secondary, magick is used to manipulate situations.
Magick contains the knowledge that is used to control people and groups.
That is why esoteric societies teach magick, because most members have a leadership position in daily society.
For that reason magical textbooks are written in a very intellectual manner, so many people don't grasp the actual working rituals and see them as useless, fake and boring. This group of people are most likely to be put under magick spells.
They look up to managers, artists and spiritual leaders. The desired effect of the ones using magick for that purpose.

Magick was, is and will always be intelligence used in a intelligent manner.
Some has to do with the way all animals react to certain shapes, colors, sounds and smells.
Some has to do with the construction and effects of language itself.
And some has to do with the way we are conditioned to react at typical behavior.

Those who know, know.
Those who don't, always have a choice.
Study it, try it and find out or....
Don't study it and be ever submissive to the knowledge and power that so many influencial people seem to are in to so much.

But like so many things in life.... like Santa Claus for instance, don't read go looking for books on Santa Claus if you really want to know the real story. Find the meaning behind the symbolism used by so many Santa Clauses all over the world.
Look for magick, not magic.
Magick is the teaching, magic is the decoy.
>>
everything is energy, even matter. Energy can be manipulated by humans, humans are also energy. Argo magic.

That's the basic of it.
>>
So you have the physical world and then a series of parallel worlds that if you went through all of them would enter a world of pure unified consciousness. Magical acts create involving multiple or all of these worlds to influence what happens on the physical. Most magic is just spirit contact, usually with the dead, asking for a favor.
>>
>>19339098
er meant to say "magical acts create chains of sympathy connecting similar forces...
>>
>>19337941
I guess we are an emanation of the universe so it gives us a way of making it move a little. At our scale.
>>
File: logo-argo-final.png (45KB, 325x100px) Image search: [Google]
logo-argo-final.png
45KB, 325x100px
>>19339086
>Argo
pic related?
>>
>>19338113
Magic is just an application of early (largely outdated) science.
>>
>>19337941
I think the energies used in magic are gathered from innate human anatomy but may tap into some other parts of the All That Is, such as different timelines, other dimensions/planes, other spots on the ToL or whatever.
>>
>>19337941
its bugs in the simulation
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.