[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraftian shit - Specifically, questioning your reality.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: 2475942-shubniggurath.jpg (2MB, 4890x3667px) Image search: [Google]
2475942-shubniggurath.jpg
2MB, 4890x3667px
General stuff concerning Lovecraft, and how his books give insight into how everything we perceive to be real just might be completely incorrect, or not. Honestly, I just find it absolutely unnerving to think that the way the human brain perceives reality could be completely flawed, and that nothing we "see" or "understand" could be true.

Everything we've been thinking and doing up to this point might not even be significant at all, let alone of our own free will.
>>
Want to really screw with your brain? What you see and what someone else sees can be completely different, even if you're looking at the same object.
>>
>>19336496
I know, and that holds true to a known degree. So much of the human thought process is placed on blind faith and trust, more than people think, that we can deceive ourselves into presuming the intentions of that next guy, (Or are they even human, let alone even there to begin with?) even though we've never "met" before, or anything. The way the next guy perceives his reality can completely differ from the way you do.
>>
>>19336496
You see all of these horror stories on this board, and one might likely think to himself "Wow, these people are very talented at writing up fiction".

But, what if the way we perceive our reality, and put blind faith and trust towards whatever we feel like, could change what we see to such a radical degree, that maybe those tall, black, surprisingly agile things that one guy saw in the forest that one time, was actually fucking real?
>>
File: 1500140564666.jpg (67KB, 630x748px) Image search: [Google]
1500140564666.jpg
67KB, 630x748px
The capabilities of things on an entirely different dimension of existance could be so immense that you are but a fleeting though to it. Kind of like how 3rd dimensional things exist on 2d and on 1d. We may not even be a physical being.
>>
>>19336547
When you start going on that path of thought, You have to eventually start adding vibrational frequency to the whole thing as well. Something vibrating at 1, for example, is invisible to something vibrating at 2. (Obviously its more complicating than that). So it very possible the way you perceive whats around you is also in part based on what your vibrational level is. If you're really down and you start to see tall creepy giants walking around, It's very possible YOU ARE! they very well probably exist. It's all more complicated than im making it sound but everyone on this bored should understand.
>>
Like, what if humans are actually born with with some form of intentional "purpose"? What one of these gods from Hinduism, Christianity, or whatever are real, and/or not what they make themselves out to be?

You ever play Bloodborne, and ever delve into the lore? The hunters dream, and how the Moon Presence is controlling everything the inhabitants perceive, all so it can push its own ambitions, whatever they may be? We never even found out why it did the things it did in the en, or even received confirmation that it was dead.
>>
>>19336590
I think I understand, but could you go into further detail? This is really interesting.
>>
>>19336636
Sure. First, we have to assume everything is a form of energy, even matter, And everything vibrates. If you have trouble picturing that, think of a crystal and how it always vibrates at a certain frequency. Apply that to everything.

With that, humans also vibrate. That vibration can be controlled upwards and downwards. But that's for another discussion.
When something is at a very high vibration, much higher than a humans default range of vibration, we can't see it. It still exists, But we can't perceive it exists, unless we can
a) slow down its vibration to a level were we can see it
b) increase our vibration until we can see it.

Now picture dialing in a radio, trying to get your favorite station, lets say max 104.9 fm for example, You start dialing up from say, 50, and the closer you get to 104.9, the stronger that signal gets. But if your at 103 you only get a faint signal, full of static. Same thing if your vibrating just barly in range to see something that you shouldn't have been able to see before, So it looks spooy to you, because you arent getting the full picture, just a faint staticy outline.

In this sense, technology will eventually be able to see different vibrational things with out its viewer being at that vibration themselves. Remember that camera that could see things all over the place that weren't there? Yeah.

Science has recently started to explore this, But it's still going to be a while before they get their, as you know science it stubborn to include anything spiritual or something they are unable to comprehend or explain, and will outright dismiss it. But there are now open minded scientists out there that are working on these types of things, much to the displeasure of the mainstream scientific societies.
>>
I agree with many points of Lovecraft's Cosmicism viewpoint, but I don't agree with the theory that everything will eventually disappear, and nothing anyone does will ever be of significance.

How do we know that will happen? How do we know we are not the very beating heart that keeps this universe alive,or if we truly are insignificant?

If anyone is interested, here's a Wiki article concerning Cosmicism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmicism
>>
>>19336677
Remember the Bloop? That sound that was picked up by those deep sea microphones in '97?

What if there is in fact a megalithic creature in the sea, but we simply are not able to physically sense it?

The Bloop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBN56wL35IQ
>>
>>19336699
Certainly brings perspective doesn't it?
>>
>>19336677
Can you provide a link to that Camera you're talking about?
>>
>>19336724
Yeah sure, give me a minute to find it.
>>
>>19336739
Good shit
>>
>>19336492
fuck off fag
>>
File: 1500784934917.jpg (28KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1500784934917.jpg
28KB, 448x545px
>>19336747
>>
File: zSXDF.jpg (61KB, 740x475px) Image search: [Google]
zSXDF.jpg
61KB, 740x475px
>>19336745
>>19336739
>>19336724
Quick rundown, but there are thousands of links, just google "Santilli telescope invisible creatures".

http://altereddimensions.net/2016/santilli-invisible-terrestrial-entities-concave-telescope
>>
>>19336758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WebPPvYMRK0

Thunder energies very own youtube channel
>>
>>19336758
Watching this now
>>
>>19336758
“These entities defy our current scientific knowledge. Some appear to move at highly erratic speeds while others appear to be almost stationary. Some ITE appear as dark entities while others give off a luminous glow.”

Shows how much we know about stuff.
>>
>>19336793
Google has some neat pictures that weren't in the video as well. Different types of life forms i imagine. Thats only what the telescope can see too, its only attuned to see this wave length. It was discovered completely by accident.
>>
>>19336769
So, are the circular figures the ITEs? They look a bit out of place, and not like a lens flare or something like that.
>>
>>19336800
My bad.

So, are the circular figures the ITEs? They look a bit out of place, and not like a lens flare or something like that.
>>
File: ITE-2.jpg (27KB, 610x412px) Image search: [Google]
ITE-2.jpg
27KB, 610x412px
>>19336802
I believe that long stringy thing was also an ITE, but im not 100%. The circles would be one of the ITE's though.
>>
>>19336810
You've really got to wonder what the hell else isn't just out there, but possibly in your fucking bed when you go to sleep.
>>
>>19336831
Probably infinite amounts of shit just floating behind you right now, and through you. You don't exist to them and they don't exist to you. Truth be told, We don't know jack shit. Most science is flat out wrong. Keep your mind plastic, my friend! =)
>>
>>19336841
12 dimensions (if we even know that much), each dimension depends on the last to exist. Overlap is guaranteed.
>>
Also, sorry OP, i didn't mean to hijack your thread :x
>>
>>19336680
>How do we know that will happen?
We don't. "The universe will disappear and nothing we do matters" is what bitter atheist sperglords say to relieve themselves of responsibility for their mediocre lives.

They have no way to know what value, if any, our individual and collective existence has. And not knowing can be scary. Not knowing implies lack of knowledge, and as we all know, the last thing the average fedora-tipper is going to own up to is not knowing something.
>>
>>19336492
When one reads Lovecraft, One's not reading about the Universe but about Dreams
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>19336492

Giant Creatures existed on Earth(before Dinosaurs), there Remains can be found around the World. Researching Fossilization & knowing what to look for on Google Earth is useful if you want to find them.

[Did a thread on this a while ago: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/]

Cthulhu is a interesting fellow. Gets cranky sometimes & has "Wake Me Up" as a Ringtone.
>>
>>19336915
>tfw reading Lovecraft's Dream Cycle and it's really just a guy rambling on about a dream he had one time
I swear, sometimes he does something great like The Dunwich Horror, but mostly it's just utter fucking garbage.
>>
>>19336680
>>19336900
That's right, and in another sense, due to things like the butterfly effect, potentially anything you do is significant, even cosmically so. But over a cosmic length of time, any one of your decisions could have consequences you can't ever perceive, or even conceive.
>>
>>19336808
>are the circular figures the ITEs

are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (22KB, 388x400px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
22KB, 388x400px
>>19337500
For fuck's sake no.5, you are making the rest of us look bad.

I have strict instructions from no.1 to implore you to pull back on the Giant Creatures narrative.

It is time to being operation Gulf Rumours. We must be ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours.
>>
File: 1416725505153.jpg (69KB, 450x796px) Image search: [Google]
1416725505153.jpg
69KB, 450x796px
>>19336747
>>
>>19338218
>When you're trying to have a conversation, but that one kid won't stop talking over everyone else
>>
We understand and see just enough to be able to survive and procreate, but our imperfect sensory organs, and our brain, which takes liberties with information we actually perceive, ensure that we will never know the real reality.
>>
>>19336680
Entropy is a thing, and heath death will be its ultimate result.
>>
File: ShillsExposed.gif (689KB, 1688x2849px) Image search: [Google]
ShillsExposed.gif
689KB, 1688x2849px
>>19338253

These Impersonator Shills are so stupid.

They don't even realize the "5" isn't a number about membership & it was just because I figured I was only going to be able to make 5 threads.
>>
File: 2ea.jpg (11KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
2ea.jpg
11KB, 200x291px
>>19338253
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.