[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Hare Krishnas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3119.jpg (453KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3119.jpg
453KB, 720x1280px
A nice lady was handing these out in front of the museum. Should I go? What can I expect?
>How culty are they really compared to say ie the Mormons?
>>
>>19335184
>>How culty are they really compared to say ie the Mormons?
Roughly the same
>>
>>19335184
Tis just another religion.
You'll learn a lot.
But likely also be forced into believing a lot.

Go by it, but do not buy it.
L34rn u secsy basterd.
>>
>>19335184
Why do you feel a need to adopt someone else's superstitions? Make up your own and make them benefit you.
>>
>>19335214
Thanks mom
>But likely also be forced into believing a lot.
I'm pretty sick of doctrine by now. Funny how every cult will bash on science for being "wrong" about whatever.
>And how they can't grasp the idea of self-correction of a process of self-correction.
>>
>>19335222
I'm 98% going for free food and 2% going to chat with others of different beliefs so I can learn something new about being human.
>>
>>19335184
They are bananas
>>
>>19335214
Is autism this concentrated contagious
>>
>>19335184
I'd go, you could learn a lot, the devotees and really nice, and the prasadam they have is probably the best food you'll ever eat
>>
>>19335254
Well, okay. You have my permission. But don't stay out too late.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xMGRCwJCTI
>>
>>19335184
you can expect people stealing your money
>>
>>19335184
>>How culty are they really compared to say ie the Mormons?

A lot worse, you can hardly compare the two.

The food is on point though so go in there, give them the bullshit they want to hear and just enjoy a nice dinner.
>>
Why does iskcon revere krsna and not vishnu when krsna is just the avatar
>>
File: The Real Thing.jpg (39KB, 572x374px) Image search: [Google]
The Real Thing.jpg
39KB, 572x374px
>>19335754
IDangerous - not violent, but very manipulative. It is Prabhupada they really worship, not Krishna, and they refer to Siva, Vishnu (!) and even Brashma as demons (Bhagavad Gita as it is, CH 18) they call non-ISKONers demons too while trying to beg for money from them, they also keep their members on a starvation low-protien vegan diet so it shrinks their neural tissues and makes them more docile when they tell the neophytes the have to leave their friends and familt behind to beg on the streets for ISKON in another city.
>>
>>19335819
you must have studied it for many years
>>
>>19335881
Hmmmm... let's just say I have done my homework on them... they have been plaguing my home city for decades begging on the streets:
"Hey,maaaaaan, do you wanna help the 3rd World"?
I also like Bhagavad Gita (which I have studied for years), their version is 60-70% foootnotes telling you to join up with their cult and why Prabhupada (the translator) has to be venerated as a saint.
>>
>>19335897
is there a BG version with better explanation/footnotes?
>>
>>19335925
Plenty, I have 2 different translations of it, you can get 'em for pennies but avoid the ISKON version ("Bhagavad-Gita As It Is").
>>
>>19335925
The one labeled classics of Indian spirituality with a blue cover has a short section at the beginning of each chapter giving a general overview and clarifying names non Hindus might not be familiar with.
>>
>>19335934
>>19335939
ok ok ok, I'll look out for it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.