[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Praying in tongues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: tongues .jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tongues .jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
Christians of /x/, what do you guys think of praying in tongues? On the outside, it seems a bit odd (especially when you look at it in stuff like Pentecostal sermons), but I read into the Biblical passages they cite, I find it hard to refute it.
https://www.gci.org/bible/tongues1
http://biblehub.com/acts/2-4.htm
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+14
>>
>>19334216
wiggle your tongue around like an idiot and get into to heaven seems pretty simple right
>>
>>19334216
I've done it, didn't seem like I had any control over it. Jesus is coming back soon man spread that word. The twin candle prophets have found eachother. Spoiler alert Adam and Eve are back to right there wrong
>>
>>19334354
Twin candle prophets?
>>
>>19334373
The two mysterious prophets that will prophecy for 3.5 years. They're twin flames who finally found eachother. They're gonna die for the man who died for them and try to right there wrong.
>>
>>19334239
Maybe, if you're discordian.
>>
>>19334423
Can you tell me their names?
>>
>>19334427
I can but I won't lol
>>
>>19334433
That sounds awesome, dying for jesus
>>
>>19334354
>>>19334216 (OP)
>>19334423
please tell me more, i too feel jesus returns soon. Ive experienced some unbelieveable stuff lately.
>>
Yes, tell us more.
>>
>>19334452
OP here. I personally think that Jesus is coming back soon. Maybe not in my lifetime, but certainly in the lifetime of my children or grandchildren. It seems like everything has reached another scale. Like there was stuff going on in the 1830s that signaled the End Times, but looking at the stuff today it's even more so relevant. All of the politics over Israel, the rising tide of Islam, nuclear weapons that can destroy our entire civilization, the Singularity/transhumanism, etc. etc.
>>
>>19334423
http://biblehub.com/revelation/11-4.htm
Are you referring to this? Or are you indicating that we're in a New Apostolic Reformation?
>>
>>19334622
;-; <3
>>
>>19334216
It's the result of mass trance
>>
>>19334433
Jack Daniels
>>
>>19334708
Sounds familiar
>>
>>19334216
I've seen this shit happen in a Pentecostal church, it's weird. Many in my family were raised pentecostal. My mom got out of it and sparred us. I can tell you one thing for certain. Those people are not special, or holy, or even good. It's not God or the holy ghost speaking through them. If anything, the opposite.
>>
my aunt and uncle were a major players in a local pentecostal church. Most of the congregation would show up for a bible study and after several hours of hymns and readings everyone would be going nuts, laying hands on each other and praying in tongues. Me and my cousin were curious so we turned off sw: battlefront, went upstairs and joined in. I just mimicked the adults gibberish but we eventually got bored and played more ps2.

The potluck afterwards was bomb though, miss those days
>>
>>19334709
I know my shit.
>>
>>19334786
...or you are just an alcoholic, I don't know you personally. Jack Daniels, sure that sounds like soul mates.
>>
>>19334216
Even if legit, speaking in tongues is reserved for serious stuff....not a bunch of attention seekers acting weird......If there is no one who can translate or understand the gibberish then it is useless........I've never known anyone that could understand and share the messages....My grandmother was Church of God which is a pentecostal denomination......Nice people but I say Nay, for now Tongues is a scam until the Holy Ghost reveals more in these end times
>>
ye'asain hailyn e ye'asain cyn e'ye misain a'esedai
Real fucking tongue twister prayer that is.
>>
>>19334216
My uncle is a minister for church of god,borderline illiterate but can read the bible and does,also speaks in tongues, but only when he really get excited preaching a sermon. I videotaped it once and showed it to him,he laughed at how crazy he looked,and said he now understood why folks freak out when it happens.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.