[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only the Good Die Young

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1454458036103.png (183KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
1454458036103.png
183KB, 370x359px
I am a pipe fitter for a large corporation. We set up mechanical rooms that feed buildings fire control supression systems. Basically the water lines that feed sprinkler systems and fire hydrants. If you are not installing this type of equipment you are going from site to site doing inspection work. Checking the valves, checking the piping for leaks and damages, refilling and replacing fire extinguishers.

I was doing an inspection of a heritage building. The building is in the lower east side of Manhatten. It used to be a candy factory and they've turned it into a condominium building. So I went into the basement to go to the mechanical room. The mechanical room is where the main water line comes in and branches off into domestic and fire lines. Here I check the alarm panel and hit 'bypass' to not trip alarms as I cycle valves and what not. On my way out of the room I feintly hear singing "...I might aswell be the one. Well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray
They built you a temple and locked you away...". I thought "thats weird...someones down here fucking around singing Billy Joel. I walk down the hall from the mechanical room in the direction of the voice. Its getting louder. I turn the corner and at the end of the hall is a guy mopping the floor in a janitors uniform with headphones on singing. "...you got a nice white dress and a party on your confirmation..". All of a sudden the lights in the hallway go out. I step back a couple feet and look down the hall where I came from. I can see a bit of light illuminating the stairs going up about 50' down. "Hey dude the power went out..." i look back down towards the guy but its pitch black darkness. I take my cell phone out and turn the screen towards his direction.
>>
All I can see is two glowing eyes like a cats in the dark about 35 feet down. The thing is they aren't low to the ground. They are human height 5'6" - 6' in the air. "Dude!?" They are coming closer "hey man..." closer no answer. I fucking run full blast towards the stairs and all i hear behind me in this loud, deep demon voice is "ONLY THE GOOOOOOD DIEEEE YOUNGGGG". my blood goes cold and I get hot lightning run up my back as my hairs stand on end. I run up the stairs 4 or 5 steps at a time. As I turn the corner for the next set of stairs I see a figure in my peripheral vision at the doorway I just came from. It was tall, skilly and pale. Thats all I could make out.

I continued my work on the upper floors and outside but I didn't go backdownstairs. I kept thinking about it but I am a worker snd kept enough focus to do my job. I signed out of the contractors log book and went home.
>>
I get a call on my cell phone from my boss. "...the alarm company called. They said the panel is still on bypass. Did you forget to turn it back on?..." "..AHHH SHIT. YEA I DID I AM SO SORRY..." "...well you better get out there and do it...if there is a fire they aren't going to hear the alarms. We can't take that risk.." "Roger that.."

I live on Long Island so thats a long way to go through traffic but hey...I fucked up.

The whole time i am going there i am thinking of what happened...but you got to do what you got to do to get paid. By the time I get there its about 915pm. I got the call at 745pm. So I talk to security and I say "hey man...this is kind of a weird building. Ever notice anything strange on any of the floors...or basement?" He gives me a look "...why?" "Just curious" "...its an old old building man. Funny noises and faulty wiring" "yea i hear that". Now because I was scared but too 'macho' to admit it. I wanted him to come down without sounding like a pussy so I say "hey man have they trained you to out the system on bypass and take it off bypass" "nope..." "well tonight is your night. Follow me it will only take 2 minutes"
>>
. So we head on down in the basement. My hair is already standing up. So we get to the mechanical room and open the panel. I show him how to take it off bypass and reset the panel. We are headed back to the stairs. We are feet from the doorway and we hear "...come out Virginia dont let em' wait..." . We look at each other and he goes "I better go check it out..." "dude...dont even bother, trust me..." "what?" "Just trust me man...like you were saying before, its an old building and makes funny noises". The lights flicker a bit and we both feel a presence near us. Its cold...and if it makes any sense there is a feeling of viscosity to the air. Almost a heavy humid air. We leave. I sign out and I am driving home. I am passing through Brooklyn and right behind my head in the backseat I hear the melody of Only the good die young being whistled perfectly and clear. I panick and smash my car into a car in front of me. The air bags go off and the horn is going. I am half out of it as the air bag smashed me hard. I kind of come back to reality to the sound of laughter. "...hahaha...ONLY THE GOOOOOOOD DIE YOUNGGGG ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNGGGG..." I can hear the person singing it right next to me and then outside...and its fading away like the person is walking away singing. Then "HEY BUDDY YOU OKAY!?" I got a concussion and two slipped discs in my neck. I also smashed the hell out of my shins into the bottom of the dash. I also was blamed for the accident and now my insurance is sky high.

Thats my story.
>>
Pretty good story senpai. Ending felt a big rushed and cheesy tho.

I work front desk security in office blocks so I know about creepy underground plant rooms and fire panels etc etc.

8\10 wood reed again
>>
File: 1500444756716.jpg (141KB, 596x591px) Image search: [Google]
1500444756716.jpg
141KB, 596x591px
Good read.
>>
Sounds like Billy Joel is quite popular in hell.
>>
>>19332580

Thanks for sharing, nice story.
>>
Spoopy
>>
>>19332580
Nice read. Legit feel to it.

You would likely not have been hearing the voice in the car, by the end, if you had not turned around to notice the "cat eyes" where the guy had been standing.
>>
>>19332580
Great story, poor ending.
Would read again.
>>
Glad you enjoyed. I wrote it off the too of my head before bed from my phone in less than 30 minutes.

I think the quick write what you feel made it good but also affected the ending adversely.
>>
Queensfag, where do you work?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.