[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any paranormal stuff here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: New England.png (38KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
New England.png
38KB, 800x800px
/x/, I am visiting my dad for the next 3 weeks in New England and wanted to know if there was any paranormal shit going on over there. Don't really care what it is, creatures, places, ghosts, or other things. Just want something out of the ordinary.
>>
>>19330252
Yeah, it's swarming with liberals.
>>
>>19330856
Every state in that particular area had a county that voted for Trump, except for Mass.
>>
>>19330856
Hah this.

But seriously, there's some cool graveyards around and some neat-o abandoned buildings in NH. Also, if the gate has been reopened, check out the bunkers at Odiorne point in Rye. They're pretty spooby. Another set of cool bunkers are across the water near the Wentworth hotel. Need to go at night and hop a fence to get into them, not hard though. I THINK it's called fort foster, but I could be wrong. Just park at Wentworth and walk down the road from there, just check Google maps and you'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
Abandoned Turnpike Tunnels in PA
>>
The Bridgewater Triangle in MA is known to be full of weird shit.

I live in NH. The Vale End cemetery in Wilton is haunted for sure. I saw the most bizarre lights there back in October 2001. It wasn't car headlights and it wasn't fireflies. However, it's now illegal to go into the cemetery after 9PM. The cops keep a pretty close eye on it.
>>
>>19330252
Its a pretty good distance, but Middletown NJ and the surrounding towns are riddled with really cool stuff me and my friends have experienced.
>>
Northern CT woods are full of weird shit. Seen enough to never want to go back in.
>>
>>19332577
That's because the plum island chimeras escape into CT
>>
File: t7f75.jpg (28KB, 450x285px) Image search: [Google]
t7f75.jpg
28KB, 450x285px
>>
>>19330252
>Any paranormal stuff here
>in New England
>a place so spooky Lovecraft and King wrote several books based in it
>>
File: satellite.jpg (206KB, 840x549px) Image search: [Google]
satellite.jpg
206KB, 840x549px
>>19330252

OP, google Dudleytown, CT.

I went there as a child with my parents. We had some strange experiences there. This was long after it had been burned down, but still before it was completely closed off. These days you must hike in on foot; don't go solo. good luck!
>>
>>19331057

>there's some cool graveyards around

not NH, but the Wiscasset cemetery is interesting if that's your thing
>>
File: L4d_dt_turnpike.jpg (65KB, 742x559px) Image search: [Google]
L4d_dt_turnpike.jpg
65KB, 742x559px
>>19331858

hmmm...
>>
Pull it up.
>>
File: boston-dynamics-atlas.jpg (45KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
boston-dynamics-atlas.jpg
45KB, 600x358px
There was a CIA facility in the Boston area in the 1960s that did /x/ related research as part of Operation MK Often, hired astrologers and funded a sorcery class, and also did weird shit like implanting electrodes in animals' and people's brains to try to remotely control them. It was called the Scientific Engineering Institute. It's gone now, and there's just a parking lot where it used to be. But Boston Dynamics, a company that makes creepy animal-like and humanoid robots and has gotten a ton of funding from the military, is right next door to the SEI's former location.
>>
Pukwudgies
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (597KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.jpg
597KB, 1920x1200px
>>19332406
>Bridgewater Triangle

This is the best answer

>>19332577
You have my attention since I'm from northern CT. Care to share any stories?
>>
Def bridgewater triangle. Also america's stonehendge in southern nh.
>>
>>19336989
Also loren colemans cryptozoology museum in portalnd maine. Also lake champlain has a sea monster, also i saw recently in burlington vt on the lake are some old buildings still in use that are part buried with no good explanation why apparently, also birthplace of the founder of the mormons. Also 'the nine' were supposed to be present at some seances in maine
>>
>>19336989
>america's stonehendge in southern nh
I've been there. It's cool and kind of weird, but there's nothing paranormal about it. It's definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.
>>
File: bd-sei-map.jpg (85KB, 437x511px) Image search: [Google]
bd-sei-map.jpg
85KB, 437x511px
>>19335797
>>
>>19337002
Go to the crypto museum and after it greatly disappoints you visit the decent chicken place and excellent brewery next door.
>>
>>19331858
>>19334193
I've been there and can confirm it's pretty cool/spooky but it's not really in the area specified in the OP. It's down by the PA/Maryland border.
>>
>>19330252
go poke around the base at Montauk
>>
>>19334193
Riverside? I hate Canada.
>>
>>19330252
just a couple of places i've visited in good old massachusetts

> spider gate cemetery in worcester
if you can bear traveling through worcester, spider gate is pretty neat. supposedly some satanic rituals went down there but now it's a quaker run cemetery; it's nestled deep in the woods and feels pretty charged when you go there.

> sleepy hollow cemetery in concord
bunch of authors buried here (louisa may alcott, ralph waldo emerson, nathaniel hawthorne) and the layout is really big and has lots of crypts. i went here on friday the 13th and right at midnight my car stopped working and wouldn't turn on for a good ten minutes. pretty spooky

> dudley road in billerica
bunch of nuns got murdered here, either during the witch trials or by some crazy guy. there is a convent on the road but it's pretty residential now. when i was driving down it we heard someone running in the woods right next to the car.

> hockomock swamp
right in the bridgewater triangle; native american ghosts, pukwudgies, ufos, will-o-wisps, etc.

a lot of older revolutionary towns are known to have some haunted places; middleboro and plymouth are some pretty good ones.

boston has ghosts (and maybe a serial killer) all over the place; harvard, the old colonial theater, and the mount auburn cemetery are notable. my college also had a haunted building that i lived in for a year.
>>
Bridgewater triangle for sure, and there's a ton of haunted cemeteries in Easton MA, along with the Governor Ames Estate that's haunted by several spirits, most notably a baby that was drowned by a teen mother in shovelshop pond and a hellhound that keeps watch at night. I seen't the dog myself, but I've never heard the baby cry firsthand
>>
>>19338273
>my college also had a haunted building that i lived in for a year.

What college? I'm from the area
>>
>>19338425
newbury college in brookline. i've heard that salem state, bridgewater state, BU, berklee and the conservatory are supposedly haunted too
>>
>>19330252
the majority of people there just happen to be liberals. that's kinda paranormal, i guess.
>>
>>19330252
Watch out for feral ghouls
>>
>>19338444
I went to Bridgewater State, it is for sure haunted as fuck
>>
>>19338482
it's really close to the bridgewater triangle so i can't say i'm surprised. stories?
>>
>>19338505
Nothing too spooky, but here's one
> visiting friend in Shea/Durgin residence building (I was a commuter)
> sitting in Durgin Lounge, separated from Shea Lounge by a long hallway
> Shea lounge has pool table and TV, Durgin lounge has coffee and chairs
> about 2 a.m. (quiet hours for residence halls) and we hear someone shooting pool down the hall
> Think it's weird that someone would be up at this hour playing a loud game like 8 ball, but also bored and figure we'll ask to play too
> walking down the hall, still hearing shots being taken and billiard balls cracking into each other
> get to room and say "hey" to an empty room with a clean pool table
>clean
> as in nothing on it
> which is weird because we just heard a game going on
> shrug and think "yeah that's weird but I've seen weirder" and turn to leave as the TV turns on
>static
Turn to see TV and overhead light pops a bulb, raining glass and startling the shit out of us
> drive around town with friends for the rest of the night, too spooked to stay there
>>
>>19330252
Lived in Western Massachusetts (only for three months) shit is definitely haunted. Been obsessed with the occult my entire life, but didn't believe in it until living there. Worked at a kitchen in a,,,, best way to describe it would be an estate for people with severe mental and or emotional disabilities. A good number of the residents have died over the time it's existed (since the late 80s), seen apparitions, lights flicker,and unexplainable shit. Would have stayed longer but got a great job offer in the DC area and am living with my family rent free.
>>
>>19338609
Same poster, place is in Great Barrington, Mass,
>>
>>19332406
My friend claims to have seen lights here.
>>
>>19335797
This probably has less to do with what they are up to and more to do with zoning laws.
>>
>>19334182
This.

Spoopy as shit there.
>>
File: 1490289634718.jpg (359KB, 1202x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490289634718.jpg
359KB, 1202x1500px
>>19338622
I saw 2 kinds of lights the time I went. The first was when an area around a gravestone, maybe 4 feet, became illuminated by a green glow. This lasted for maybe 30-40 seconds, and it quickly disappeared as my brother and I walked toward it.

Within minutes of this initial glowing green light disappearing, several small balls of bluish white light began slowly floating around the graveyard. Some would float up as high as 6 feet from the ground, while others would dip down as low as several inches from the ground. Every time we tried to approach one of these lights, it would quickly disappear, and then reappear in another area of the cemetery. This lasted for about an hour, until all of the lights slowly faded away entirely. These lights were not car headlights (a road runs by the cemetery), nor were they fireflies.

I witnessed all of this along with my brother, his girlfriend at the time, my girlfriend at the time, and another one of our friends. My girlfriend had never experienced anything paranormal before, and she was so freaked out by the glowing grave that she had a white knuckle grip on my hand for the rest of the time we were there.

This happened back in October of 2001. I went back a few times over the years but didn't experience anything the other times. There's definitely something there, though.
>>
It's a venerable hot bed of early colonial happenings. Long Island sound has some spoopy stuff as well.
>>
Witch ghosts in Salem
>>
You could go visit Styx
>>
Manitook creature of CT
>>
Anyone have anything spooky about Central Connecticut?
>>
>>19339051
Actually the witch trial ghosts all died in "Salemtown" which is modern day Danvers MA. There is one place in Salem that has the actual beam from the gallows that hung the witches though, and I can tell you first hand there is some baaaaad energy on that thing
>>
>>19340188
The Bush family is from Connecticut. That's pretty spooky.
>>
Check out the Eddy house in Chittenden, VT if you get a chance. Long history of paranormal activity. The one that stuck out to me as a kid were reports that overnight the house somehow rotated 90 degrees.
http://www.prairieghosts.com/eddy.html
>>
>>19340188
Undercliff Sanatorium in Meriden is ascetically creepy. Green Lady cemetery in Burlington as well.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.