[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need info for worship of Greek gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Athena: Geek goddess of war and wisdom. With my family having a long history of military service as far back as the American civil war maybe farther an me & my families admiration of those that served it makes sense. Also given my general love of knowledge & philosophy. Given some of the people I know or my family knows or well some in my family.. I'd say I'm fairly wise by comparison.

Poseidon: Greek god of the seas and waters. Having grown up around and in and on the water pretty much as far as i remember. This is somewhat more of a personal choice then really a logical one.

HepHaestus: Greek god of fire metallurgy and technology. well having many family members and knowing an highly respecting others that work with their hands and or tech in some way or another. Also having considered taking up forgery for recreation and possibly some profit but given the weather of late i may hold out on that for a while.

I've tried finding the information on this but so far I haven't been able to come up with specifics.
>>
i can only speak from my experiences so they might not be what you're looking for, but if you're open to things seeing who/what wants your attention works well

after a lot of shit i had a calling dream related to dionysus, taking my ex's advice (she was a witch with 10 years practice and did things i couldn't deny and brought things i experienced but ignored up to the surface, and i was drunk and high so it seemed like a good idea) i made an offering

without really knowing about dionysus or what i was doing i started having visitation dreams, and they always went in line with a lot of mythology that i didn't know about prior to all of this; now it's just part of my life

anyway, seeing who's interested seems to work well and it will always be in line with you

my ex told me that if someone makes an offering to any god who wishes to communicate (just like that, keep it open) they'll get an answer from one that chose them

just seems like it would work better than picking one yourself
>>
Never call them by their roman names. It offends them.
Look up on ancient greek linguistics. The language simplified over time. Get the aspirated theta and phi right. Practice it and get it right before you speak their names.
Everyone loves it when you say their name correctly.
They like sacrifices but they aren't /strictly/ necessary in my experience. Would be best to start out with one if you plan on contacting them in a ritual fashion.
Some of the rules of the fae apply to them. NEVER say the words "shadow" or talk of other deities.
>>
>>19329840
Whatever you do don't do this. If the larpers on this board piss you off this is an entire field full of them. There is nothing of value to it, not a single grain of truth. It is the meta physical equivalent of a poverty trap. It keeps you ignorant. Literally anything else would be a better option.
>>
>>19330025
Yeah, please consider that religion is just a shelf holding a few knickknack to take from it. Don't grab the entire, molded, rotted cabinet. It will drag you down with it and prevent enlightenment.

That being said, I once considered myself a neo-pagan. I would suggest defining exactly what it is you think a god(s) is, and how they manifest always--even today in front of our very eyes.

Look within, not without.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (84KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
84KB, 768x1024px
>>19330025
>>19330045
Don't listen to these naysayers
The old gods shall rise!
>>
>>19330025

not everyone is larping, your experiences and beliefs don't define life for everyone
>>
>>19329840
are you gay or something
>>
>>19330141
what does sexuality have to do with worship? hell I have a goddess I picked for specific reason and two gods I picked for a specific reason.
>>
>>19330001
ok Greek names got it... tho I keep getting them confused so thats gonna be hard to break.. also why never say shadow when communing with them? Most of my knowledge comes from the mythology so I maybe ignorant since I've never practiced any form of paganism.
>>
>>19329983
ok I may try that if practicing for them doesn't work if i also don't decide to keep looking at paganism from a philosophical point. I'm still unsure of this.
>>
>>19330423

i don't know much about the rules i was agnostic and into buddhist philosophy before all that

i just followed a calling because i was drunk/high,my ex knew more than i did and i was impressed, and all of this stuff that came to me through auto-writing after a pcp induced black out on my birthday years before the calling ended up happening (meeting her was part of it so was a lot of what happened after i met her)

i've mostly just learned from experiences, drugs, dreams, and women but it just kind of happened the way everything in life does

i've heard choosing a god yourself doesn't necessarily yield the best results as you might be drawn to a god who isn't as fitting or interested or whatever so i can't give advice on that

i can just say it wouldn't have occured to me to choose dionysus since i knew virtually nothing about him prior to the calling dream, but that's not how my life went (it's very fitting though)

i tend to just see what happens though, it's possible someone who makes choices would appeal to a god/goddess who might respect that and take it from there

one thing though you talk about your family and their experiences a lot in your choices, but you don't talk about yourself as deeply

just because a choice fits your family's identity doesn't mean it would fit yours

just something i'd consider if i were you
>>
>>19331161
That is.... well more or less an issue of getting Myself off the ground. alot of things where supposed to have happened by now but still haven't happened yet. got to caught up in things and well I have catching up to do.

I do hold many of those same points as my family more or less again thats why I mention them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.