[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most sinister religion/cult and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 16

File: orthodox_easter_.jpg (2MB, 3579x2440px) Image search: [Google]
orthodox_easter_.jpg
2MB, 3579x2440px
What is the most sinister religion/cult and why?
>>
>>19328935
Probably Islam right now. While the Qur'an has some peaceful passages, there is an incredible amount of violence.
I mean for fucks sake, the first "chapters" is Allah saying over and over on how he's going to torture the disbelievers for eternity and then he turns around and says, "Be grateful to me I'm a nice guy."

It won't survive long though. Many Muslim "liberals" want it to be reformed but that is blasphemy. No way that'll happen. Apologies I got carried away.
>>
>>19328935
islam obviously
>>
>>19328935
>>19329001
>>>/pol/
>>
>>19329004
Lemme give you a real reason to redirect someone to /pol/.

JUDAISM.
>>
>>19328935
What's with the orthodox priests in the pic after Bogomilis probably the most peaceful Christians
>>
>>19329016
Yeah wtf? Orthodoxy is the purest expression of Christianity. The opposite of sinister.
>>
>>19329061
Exactly, tell me an orthodox nation that won't welcome even the biggest stranger feed them and shelter them without even needing a reason.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170722-072206.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-072206.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>19328935
Wtf
>>
Satanism/judaism

Because theyre degenerate evil pagans
>>
>>19328935
Is that Sadam Hussain? Did he get Mandela'd?
>>
>>19329004
That's the correct reason though. Islam is a giant death cult. Stop redirecting to /pol/ over every little thing.
>>
>>19328935
All rabbinic judaism.
Kikes literally subvert God, are intentionally cryptic to lock out criticism and perpetuate their satanic tier bullshit by following a book of amendments to their own divine laws.
Absolute cancer
Absolute evil
>>
>>19329061
Well, some rites can be sinister.
>>
File: s320x240.png (559KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
s320x240.png
559KB, 680x453px
Russian orthodox church is quite sinister and corrupt. It is not peaceful in any way.
>>
>>19329229
Still recovering from communism. There is some corruption, yes, but there are also many holy men in the Russian Church.
>>
The jews, under the child eating, inhuman Cohen Gadol.
>>
Any religion really.
>be born with a clear differentiation of good vs evil
>n-no, my book knows better

If there is a hell it's populated by christians
>>
idk about the most sinister but I know it's super fucked up that being raised Catholic as a child, I wasn't allowed to watch Family Guy or South Park because it was "inappropriate" but I could listen to Bible stories about countless people being tortured and murdered and have it be okay.

I remember always feeling sick to my stomach during church services. Everyone around me was desensitized to what they were listening to and I was like, "yo ain't this a little morbid??" but no it was considered ~holy~

any doctrine that uses physical assault and torment as "symbolism" for spiritual growth aint the path for me
>>
It's not the most sinister but mormonism is pretty bad, desu. They literally own the government here in Utah, most of the kids in schools are taught about the church even if they AREN'T LDS because the religion founded the state.

I grew up in the church, and I still don't know half the stuff that goes on beyond temple doors. I've only been past the main entrance once when I was 11 to get sealed to my family, and it was the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had.
>>
>>19328935
I'd say the most sinister religions are the ones whose followers disregard what they preach.

Most Christians worship an idol in Jesus. Everything is him, not the spirit within you. Many Buddhists fall into this trap, too.

Not to mention most of the "peaceful" advocating religions are very much not so. At this point in the modern age, it's doing more harm than it offers us a chance for spiritual introspection.
>>
>>19328935
All religions claiming that you are 'it'. You need other people to be real, you can't do that if you secretly believe you are the only real person. Everyone who goes around claiming they are god, the devil or 'the one' is a fool who is too blind to understand that this makes them the loneliest person in existence or too cowardly to test his ideas to the limit.
>>
OTO, Scientology
>>
>>19329967
as someone who grew up catholic with 3 mormon step sisters. Mormonism is honestly pretty fucked up lol. Their missionaries are annoying and I've never felt more out of place in a group of mormons. One of the fakest groups of people ever although alot of them are nice so I'll give them that.
>>
>>19329914
I remember one particular service, maybe it was the first communion or something like that, they put all us kids in the front rows and the priest was talking in very morbid detail about that saint that got beheaded and where his head bounced, water began flowing. Another time he said that stealing sends you to hell, and made the example of kids stealing jam from the pantry and made every kid very uncomfortable.
That same priest asked quite specific questions when you went to confess your sins. Things like if you did something impure or cursed god or whatever. I never told him I masturbated lol
>>
>>19328935
Every religion is fucked up in some sense of a word, but it depends on the worshipper of that religion. If you, for example, live by the principle "god is love = I make connection with god when I love people and when people love me so I should try to be as nice as possible to every human I meet" then it is ok. But, since most people on this planet are quite retarded, the above mentioned way of worshipping a religion is quite rare. More often, it's like "If you won't believe in Jesus, our lord and savior for no fucking reason at all then you shall burn in hell you disgrace"
...and that's the problem with every religion. It's not really about the religion being a problem, it's about human stupidity.
>>
>>19330046
I think a lot of that stems from people who are born into the church tbqh. A lot of "converts" are the nicest people who really want to try to do better and make the world a better place, but people who were born into it are often self-righteous because they don't actually have to work for it anymore.

It also depends on where you live, too. California Mormons are pretty chill, but Utah is a complete and utter cesspool full of backstabbing members who are only nice when it benefits them, but won't hesitate to talk shit about you in relief society meetings.

Literally. If you're in high school and not LDS, good luck fitting in with the popular kids who will instantly view you as sub-human if you don't go to your young womens/young mens activities during the week.
>>
File: Sects2.png (1MB, 1529x860px) Image search: [Google]
Sects2.png
1MB, 1529x860px
>>19329007
Most people think Jews just follow the Torah. But they don't they think of it as some parable and backstory.
They follow the Babylonian Talmud and the Kabalah, which is another part of the panthiest mystery school Religion.
>Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. (Revelation 3:9 KJV)
The Jews that most people know today are from the Khazar empire, and the Rothshilds claim they can trace thier blood lineage to Nimrod.
THe star of David is just the star of Remphan in the Bible, and it is mentioned that these people were sacrifcing children to Moloch (The very same you see in Bohemian grove).
Connect the dots anon, and the Jesuits are very much in line with these plans.
>>
>>19329902
edgy
>>
>>19330012
Someone claiming that they're God is like Macbeth yelling that he's Shakespeare..
>>
>>19329914
Strong. Then kill.
>>
>>19329004
Why? Can no one say anything bad about Islam right now?
>>
>>19329151
Idiot doesn't know that Satanists are atheists.
>>
>>19330218
>Idiot doesn't know that Satanists are atheists.
>A religion that worships Satan as their god
>They are atheists

Hahahah what the fuck
>>
>>19330202
Maybe the last part. The rest of his post is pretty good.
>>
>>19328935
The money cult.
>>
>>19330222
You really didn't know this? The organized religion officially recognized as Satanism is atheistic, instead of worshiping Satan they just view him as a symbol of rebellion against Christianity.
>>
>>19330302
That doesn't make any sense though, considering there are Satanists who legitimately worship Satan. Like, I get it's a form of rebellion, but if you literally build a temple in honor of a religion, that should count right?
>>
>>19329182
Are you sure you know what a death cult is? A bunch of people belonging to a religion where their scripture says to kill infidels is not a death cult. A religion that bases their holidays around the torturous murder of their idol is more along the lines of a death cult.
>>
>>19330031
>OTO
>"Sinister"
[CITATION MISSING]
>>
Any religion that the closer you get to following the core book(/scriptures), the worse results come out of it.
>>
>>19328935
Islam, not because of its values, but because of the controls it imposes on its members. After that, Scientology, because of its operating mechanics. However, despite these two being the most dangerous, I wouldn't, if I could, just wipe them from the face of the Earth. They meter Christianity, which is the true peril of this realm. All four religions (sorry Judaism, this is your fault) need to be wiped from the Earth at the exact same moment, and only once humanity is ready to take care of itself without pretense of imagining that such is an altruistic task. You could say that there are fewer factions alive on the Earth today than compared to any other period in history, but you could as easily claim that there are more now than ever, with each and every house and apartment in every city in the world being a separate tribe.

What we need isn't a Grand Tribe of Unity (One World Government/NWO), but the recognition that tribes of all kinds are not the tool we need to move forward in the world. We need to model our new values as a society on something other than the right to a tribe, because I don't want to have to tolerate the existence of any tribe at all, including the ones that led up to me.
>>
>>19328999
...Because the Bible totally isn't violent at all, right?
>>
>>19328935
all of them...
why? because every single one of them made wars, killed people, took money and many other things..maybe Budhism is a bit of expection, but I don't trust any religion, unless the "god" of it would come an show me it's presence.
I believe in the "god" of "being" ..."it is what it is" we are...even if someone made us, he wouldn't want to put rules or guidlines on us as this is in condratiction the the sense of life...
>>
>>19330202
Not edgy at all, it is reasonable to think that your innate morals that you decide are the ones counting for the actual God as opposed to a religion made up in the spot.

>be me
>God gives me a gigantic sign and heaven
>Investigate religions
>None of them seem conclusive with the signs I received, moreover following them makes me be punished
>People arround me start acting as if they wanted to send me to hell by making me "sin"
>they try things from all religions
>I can't insist on this enough, people arround me seem to belong to some sort of dark power
>Finally reach the only logical possibility
>there is a heaven and a hell, a god and a dark power
>the people of the world obey this dark power
>they create false religions to lead people astray
>the true religion works by instinct and very naturally
>So of course, you have to follow your natural morals from birth, your impulses
It is so simple, yet it is not practiced because people belong to a dark power and you have to subscribe to their religions because a book says so.
>>
>>19330388
About those wars ..
PEOPLE did it in the NAME of religion. If religion didn't exist, they would find other reason anyway. Some religions are actually meant to teach us some basic morals but people do not seem to understand them or they reject them. If they do, they create their own which, again, can be as bad as those of religious people.
>>
>>19330388
*Follow up - I'm not trying to attack you as a person but I'm getting tired of the argument that says that "people did this and that in the name of this religion, so these religion is bad .. you know what ? every religion is bad because people do fucked up things in the name of them" And that is correct, but it is not that much of a fault of religions rather than us, dark creatures of the blue planet.
>>
>>19330375
It really is the Age of Aquarius, isn't it?
(I really liked your post.)
>>
>>19330430
Basic morals are the easy ones, the ones we don't need to be taught because they're an innate part of us. If they preached advanced morals, that would be one thing, but they don't even do that.

Any religious knowledge can be recognize for its true value by simply realizing that no text, no body of knowledge, no matter how advanced, can claim to be the whole and only truth simply because anyone else could share the same knowledge in some other book.

What is written, was never unique.
>>
>>19330459
About those morals - you get my point, no need to catch me up on particular words. I agree that no religion is perfect but that's the point - nothing in this universe is perfect. It is up to us to decide what is beneficial for us and what is just a pure garbage. You may define me as a Christian since I was raised like this, but I do not believe nor follow like 95% of the bible. There is some good stuff in there but none of it is shown to the reader directly and the majority of it is garbage. The main problem of every religion is its worshippers. I am ashamed to say that most people that call themselves christians are completely nuts and if God indeed exists, he must be sad af because of them.
>>
>>19330500
>he must be sad af because of them
I know this feel all too well.
>>
>>19330379
Jesus taught peace and love. Muhammad taught violence. That's a simple fact you fucking moron. A tu quoque fallacy that you just made won't solve anything you sandnigger bootlicker.
>>
>>19330450
Religion wouldn't even exist without people(animals might have a religion, but how would we know?) because religions are thought constructs created by people. Like if there weren't people, there wouldn't be societies or various things associated with people(buildings, furniture, things invented to transport people, clothing, books, music, ...you can go on and on with this.)

Gods are real, being names for anthropomorphizations of natural forces(like how when Hindu statues have multiple arms and strange colors or whatever, it's not actually how they look, but rather things associated with them, so that people can understand them(the natural forces) better.(and as are the items they're holding in their depictions.) and of course(being parts of the world) they interact with the world, but as far as regards human acknowledgement and interaction with them, it's kind of a chicken-and-the-egg question.(did we recognize these natural forces and ascribe names and forms to them first, or did they create us first and then we recognized and ascribed names and forms(as well as attributes) to them? (did god create man or did man create god?))
(The Gods aren't (just?) Gods *of*(ruling over) things(nature and intellectual concepts), rather, they *are* those things.)

As an interesting side note, the Romans were supposed to have worshipped their gods first without form, then worshipped them as anthropomorphizations after they came into contact with the Greeks.
>>
>>19330543
No need to be edgy.
>>
>>19330570
...sorry for the wall-of-text. :(
>>
>>19330543
Moses taught uncertainty, Jesus taught hypocrisy, and Muhammad taught fear. L. Ron Hubbard just taught paranoia outright, making it at least honest.
>>
File: radicalChristianity.jpg (153KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
radicalChristianity.jpg
153KB, 960x960px
>>19330543
True
>>19330459
Play out moral Relativism.
>We all know killing is evil
How do we know?
>We just do
That's a lame arguement.
>We can say it's a meta-moral of all societies and apply a chi-squared test of a 95% confidence interval to see what is good and wrong
There are socieites and cults that say killing is good, thus the arugement falls apart for an innate moral system
>It's biological and evolutionary
Evolution has never been truely proven, and even still with people that kill they can gain power and he strong survive so you can justify killing
Moral Relativism falls apart anon, there are no basic morals without a basis of supreme truth(I call it God).
>>19330500
Jesus was very anti-religion, because it becomes dogmatic on man's teachings. Only follow the Bible anon, the truth shall make you free.
>>
>>19330543
>tu quoque fallacy
I don't see how it's a tu quoque fallacy if the thread concerns ranking things in the same category. "But what about X" is a valid argument in this context.
>>
>>19330543
Special reminder that Jesus once set a bear on a child for being rude
>>
>>19330591
>The biblical dogma is the only acceptable form of dogma
Ok.
>>
>>19330597
O jk that wasn't Jesus just a bald guy
>>
>>19330570
Religions were invented by people, yes. And we are the source of all these problems associated with it and these questions. The thing is, for example, christianity was invented to teach us some things based on mistakes of other people so as not to repeat them. People ignore this fact and interpret it very, very differently, becoming radical shits that would kill you on the spot if you said anything bad about their God. That's the problem. Not that Jesus taught us to love. People tend to ignore this so much and it's just sad how they call themselves christians but they don't even know what means to love.
>>
>>19330591
I wasn't arguing for moral relativism. The existence of esoteric cults doesn't say anything about the rest of human nature.
>>
>>19330591
Dude. I'll ask you this : Is living on this planet so frickin' bad that you need to die ? No. Life is generally worth of living, unless you live in North Korea or some other "nice places" and if you have a whiff of empathy then you should apply this on other people as well. If you don't then .. well.. you can go to jail if you kill somebody so just don't do that. Therefore, it is pointless to kill other people and based on this we created these morals.
>>
>>19330332
That is Satan worshipping, you genius.
>>
>>19330641
I'm trying to figure out how worshiping a deity is considered "atheism".
>>
>>19330075
I remember confession had always been unnecessarily intense. But you're right about them asking really specific questions. I got interrogated for admitting that I backtalked to my mom because that was literally the only thin I could think of that would be regarded "sinful" besides not doing my homework. But the 10 Commandments states "thou shalt respect thy father and mother" not "thou shalt respect your teacher's assignments" sO

what's worse is when they keep pestering you for more confessions like they actually believe you're out there stealing shit and killing animals or something
>>
File: 1494709595411.jpg (503KB, 1482x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1494709595411.jpg
503KB, 1482x1044px
>>19330636
I'm well aware of game theory, shit is tough to go deep into.
> Is living on this planet so frickin' bad that you need to die ?
Not for me, I'm quite happy in life
>. Life is generally worth of living
>Generally
Again, what do you define as general. If it's within the 95% confidence interval of a chisquared test I would agree with you, but generally does not mean absolute. The point i'm trying to argue is, either is an absolute sense of morailty or there isn't
>>
>>19330332
It's better to think of Satanism as a parody of Christianity. Yes, there are people who worship Satan but they can't believe in Satan without also believing in god. Therefore their Satan worship is largely Christian / Jewish / whatever the fuck predates that in origin. Satanism IS atheistic and basically imitates Christianity just to push a Christian's buttons. Though, on a deeper level, they teach that you shouldn't believe in any external higher power but rather believe in the power that lies within yourself. And even though Christians state that god lives within you, Satanists want to know why the fuck they're worshiping in a church and looking for truths in a book, then.
>>
ONA seems pretty sinister IMO
>>
>>19330667
I always sort of liked the idea of confessionals but I was never Christian so I never really tried it. You have opened my eyes to the truth and I now see the insidious second nature of this deplorable practice. Thank you, anon. Your experiences do me well.
>>
>>19330681
Heretics sure had it figured out. What they don't show in those images are the massive landfills and streets full of literal horse shit and disease.
>>
>>19329902
You're an idiot. You don't realize it yet, but you are a burden and a pain with your bullshit to everyone around you.
>>
>>19330681
Your point seems to be very dark. So is killing other people O.K. because we are not 100% sure that it isn't ? Nothing is certain in this universe and you have to decide what is right and what is wrong. If you think that killing other people to gain something is okay then you are a living problem, my friend. There is no concrete morality, but you should always be prepared for everything. Because chances are that this universe did not pop out into existence by its own since it does not make much sense so there probably actually exists a god and since nobody of us know what happens after death, you should prepare yourself for the fact that god might be waiting for you. And I do not think that any amount of money or power on earth are going to do much against this dude. Again, you can't be sure that he exists but you argue that you can't be sure about moralities as well so just prepare yourself for everything that is even remotely likely to happen. And as far as I know, we are all going to be dead for a longer time than alive so this life should not matter as much.
>>
File: e_intheBible.png (980KB, 1016x805px) Image search: [Google]
e_intheBible.png
980KB, 1016x805px
>>19330753
The point I'm making is very dark. WHen you play out moral relatvism(most people don't play it out or a very limited degree, read up on Philiophers on how they deal with it), it all falls apart. Everything can be justified even killing if there is no absolute wrong or right.
What I come to find is the Holy Bible /God is the truth. Our sense of right and wrong come from it. You are probably living in a western nation which has many of it's foundations in Christianity and society is based on those morals and thus what most people generally believe to be right and wrong are planted in this.
I'm an electrical engineer, an applied statistics/stochastic math/process to this. I know God exists to at least a 99.5 % interval confidence.
>>
>>19329838
bullshit,the christfags in general are corrupt as fuck
>>
>>19330743
Just because your book of fairy tales and goat sex is wrong doesn't mean you have to attack personally anybody who reminds you how wrong you are in every aspect of your life.
>>
>>19330610
I agree, that's why I like Zoroastrianism. I wasn't disputing with anyone, I was just writing what I thought about religion in general.
>>
>>19330788
Very well. About God - you can never be sure unless you meet him but it is always good to expect that he indeed exists. Yes, everything can be justified from a certain angle but that's simply not how stuff works in our world. Since nothing is certain, things that are close to being certain are treated as if they were. Would you, for example, stop eating because there exists like a 0,01% chance of you choking on your food ?
>>
>>19330788
You don't know that to 99.5% confidence, you presume it with 99.5% confidence. Until you study comparative mythology, your confidence metrics mean nothing. You can bitch and moan all you want about how our values came from Christianity, but without hard study of history and how Christian theology evolved over time, you have nothing but a guess that *maybe*, of all social, political, cultural, and technological changes that occurred over the millennia, some might have been mildly influenced by Christian attitudes. Without tying discrete statistics to specific moments in history, you're not performing any real rigorous, informed, calculations of probability or confidence.
>>
Christianity
>>
>>19328935
Islam is the most sinister religion
The 9th circle is the most sinister cult
>>
>>19328935
Liberalism
>>
>>19330222
atheists denounce god but inadvertently place their faith in man -- instead of the bible they blindly worship (((science))) and think of satan like a meaningless edgy idol through which they can turn their backs on Christianity. Not that they believe in satan -- just that they've been tricked into some weird quasi-worship of satanist imagery while worshiping man as if he were a god.

Corinthians 4:4

4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
>>
>>19330788
I agree about the holy bible having influenced our society to a large extent(for at least two thousand years), but what about pre-christian philosophers?
Didn't they have a sense of right and wrong that influenced the church fathers(which caused their concepts to come down to us from Christianity) and thus in turn influenced us, or is it irrelelevant because even though they had their own (very similar to our own) ideas of right and wrong, it came to us(the ''common people'' who in the main didn't have access to those books written by philosophers, (until today, where we now have easy access to those books)) through Christianity?
>>
Islam
>>
>>19330379
The bible is less of a threat than the Quran. How many Muslim bombings and attacks are there in the Arab states. Versus how many Christian or Jewish bombings and attacks there are in Europe and America.

Specifically religiously motivated attacks. Don't equivocate falsely.
>>
>>19330898
I did look at all reliongs and myths of the world anon. It was a long journey, I never stop learning. It's amazing looking through history via the Bible. Look up truth in Genesis, to find out how all of history connects. At the gym so can't really link stuff atm.
>>
>>19331073

Not that anon, but are ya SURE you didn't spend an insignificant amount of time on other religions, and a disproportionate amount of time on Christianity or Judaism? What about the Vedas or Upanishads? Quran?
>>
>>19330974
I'm some random guy on /x/ I don't have all the answers, I have some theories stemming from tower of babel and Solomon's journey, but I implore you to research yourself these questions on people much more knowledgeable than me. At the gym so can't go into too much detail.
>>
Islam.
>>
File: spanish_inquisition.jpg (64KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
spanish_inquisition.jpg
64KB, 640x360px
>>19331058
>We are the good guys.
>Catholicism dindu nuffin.
>>
>>19330681
That's painfully inaccurate. Each one of those tradition's successes are built on the framework and stability of the progenitor. Not to mention the naked women, there is no way in hell hunter gatherers would have flawless skin and low percentages of fat. Not to mention clean hair and skin. Fuck off.
>>
>>19328935
Abrahamic Religions
>>
>>19331090
I was so against Christianity I didn't look at it till the end. All roads lead to the Bible. What cemented the fact is that the powers that be believe in a Luciferian doctirine, to become thier own gods etc.
Good insight anon. Also look into how the (((Catholic))) church started Islam.
>>
>>19330753
>Because chances are that this universe did not pop out into existence by its own since it does not make much sense so there probably actually exists a god

God damn that leap of logic. You need to study a bit of philosophy before you say shit like that.

But yes. Morality and Ethics ergo god. Not, the good of living in a high trust society. No. God.
>>
>>19330788
>The point I'm making is very dark. WHen you play out moral relativism(most people don't play it out or a very limited degree, read up on Philosophers on how they deal with it), it all falls apart.

So you didn't study any philosophy, you just read something on the internet that you agreed with. Discarded the context. And then decided that god must be real. Or something. Am I getting that right?
>>
>>19331073
All religions are irrelevant. Your claim is one of knowing the fundamental underlying basis of modern civilization. I'm not arguing that the Bible doesn't *pretend* to be the source of a lot of things, I'm saying you haven't done enough *comparative* mythology to discern true causes for all mass demographic shifts in the last 2000 years.
>>
Sinister? Honestly, consumerism and neo-liberalism.

As much as it tries to cloak itself in science and reason, its existence runs contrary to logic and it corrupts science to predetermined conclusions that serve itself and only itself.

It's trainwrecked the last five or so millennia of consistent progress by Mankind, into a short and destructive spree of tail-chasing and nihilistic consumption.
>>
>>19331111
Yeah, sorry if I sound a bit crazy, I've always had a little problem with meaningfully expressing my thoughts. That's why I add ambiguity into stuff I write, it probably helps a bit.
>>
>>19331126
Please do tell. I'm being earnest, I would like to hear it. I didn't devote my life to studying other mythologies, but I did look
>>
>all the "what about" / "what if"-ism ITT

You could say "Islam is bad", with no context or preceding statements whatsoever and some fedora'd muppet would run up to argue that "Perhyapsh you haven't cunshiderred that Chr*stiansh are the real problem, heyer?"

They just can't let it go. This goes for these neckbeards on the political spectrum, as well.
>(Issue or problem)
>"Ok, but maybe the reeeeel problem is this unrelated thing I have a grudge against"
All they have is what about / what if-ism, with no real relation or counter to the statements they're protesting.
>>
File: UMtMcsz.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
UMtMcsz.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>19329967
It depends LDS or FLDS
LDS isnt bad just very prudent
FLDS is cousin fuckers
>>
>>19328935
Masonic
>>
>>19330379
Sure, but the bible has been reformed. Quran has been relatively the same for a long, long time. Have you even read it? Go read it then talk.
>>
File: ONA.jpg (97KB, 565x565px) Image search: [Google]
ONA.jpg
97KB, 565x565px
Order of Nine Angles
Tempel ov Blood
Temple of the Black Light
>>
>>19331120
Now you're getting it. That's 4chan for you.
>>
>>19331182
It's not about other mythologies, it's about the *similarities* between *all* mythologies. How are they similar? How are they different? How similar are they? Which parts are considered most important in their respective cultures and are the important parts more often part of the set of commonalities or are they more often part of the differences?

It's the study of uniqueness, genuity, originality. Comparative mythology is the only field of study in the modern era that actually works to understand *how* history formed, rather than blankly assuming things like "hurr durr human nature" and "hurr durr ancient counter-cultural reactions to human nature." I'm not telling you where to find the truth, I'm telling you that you don't have the background to claim knowledge at 99.5% confidence about *WHY* things came to be the way they are. Again, I emphasize the *COMPARATIVE* in "comparative mythology."
>>
>>19330543
>Basically the entire first half of the bible is "Then we killed these people for being filthy unbelievers, then God killed those people for vague reasons..."
>But that's fine because our messiah said "lol, maybe consider being nice to each other once in awhile?" at one point
>>
>>19331313
Oh this. Yea I did look at why. My main question is how and why. I found the bible. It's a long story.
In other news, hit a 4 plate deadlift for 3 reps, slow and steady towards 500
>>
>>19330591
>radical christian
Way to ignore Christian terror groups like the KKK and the Army of God
>>
>>19331326
Modern devout Christians don't actually read the whole Bible or fully imbibe the stories, they mostly just use it in a Chaos Magick way, "divining" stuff relevant to their life by opening it to random passages and the like. You could do the same with Lord of The Rings, or any sufficiently dense moral-laced text. You could do with this children's cartoons, the ones that end with some character explaining the moral of the story at the end of every episode.
>>
>>19331393
But then I don't get muh perfect afterlife
>>
>>19330788
I honestly don't get it.
can you genuinely please explain it to me because 2.7183 x 10^65 = 2.7183e+65. what does that mean?
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0003.jpg (90KB, 1115x679px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0003.jpg
90KB, 1115x679px
>>19331352
e is Euler's number, associated with the natural logarithim
Look at Chuck missler, he goes into the Bible code.
This is all fascinating to me, I'm trying to figure a way to apply game theory to the Bible moral system.
>>
File: 1500618903305.jpg (287KB, 1370x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1500618903305.jpg
287KB, 1370x1088px
>>19331490
Here's the full video, I only came across this after I accepted Christ.
https://youtu.be/3_2T47PAIkM
>>
>>19329914
I really don't believe you ...
>>
>>19330353
That's a hell of a stretch and it ignores actual Christian beliefs. I don't know what a death cult is supposed to be but Christians don't believe that Jesus really died on Christmas, they believe that he sacrificed himself for others, which is in many eyes, the ultimate good.
>>
>>19331101
He didn't say they did nothing you fucking walnut. He said they did less. Is 100 murders the same as 1 murder you absolute donkey? No one says that Christians did nothing wrong, but they're wrongdoings are dwarfed by those of islam.

Hell the Crusades were literally just a direct and less bloody retaking of lands that muslim conquest had just taken.
>>
>>19330799
t.rapist and pillager
>>
>>19330218
The church of Satan are not satanists. They're just edgy liberals that wanted to pick a name that would trigger the most people.

They're not a religious group, they're a political group.
>>
>>19330667
Yeah, they were very pushy... like dude, what the fuck do you think a 12 year old is doing to offend your god apart from saying bad words and discovering things about their body?
>>19330731
The idea is good, if there was a person you could really trust or a priest that's very good, but I always believed confession should be a moment of reflection, and as such a pushy person asking for le saucy details is not really good for it
>>
>>19331092
ah, yeah that makes sense. i just kinda assumed you were at home, sorry.
>>
>>19330591
Not to forget that radical Christians also risk they life when they decided to shoot up an Abortion Clinics or shit like that
>>
>>19328935
Christianity. if you read more then two pages of any history book you will know that it's the source of all evil
>>
>>19330597
I don't think that was Jesus, but one of those wizard-prophets.

He did curse a fig tree for not bearing fruit out of season though. Also I'm pretty sure the final straw that led to his execution was when he went into the Temple and made a scene by wrecking people's shit. Didn't he whip a dude, too, or am I confusing him with Moses?

Point is, for all people talk about Jesus teaching kindness, there's a shitton of violence throughout the entirety of the Bible.
>>
>>19328935
>>
>>19334907
>>
Christianity.
While it is portrayed as a religion of good and helping the poor, the truth is far away from it.
The problem with religions is that you may not be aware of what you worship, so if you get to worship some demon under the guise of a saviour your religion is actually demon worship.
Such is the case with christianity, in baptism you're infused with an evil spirit which makes you more prone to commit evil actions, if that weren't enough jesus and his father are demons.
It comes with not understanding the world arround you. We live in a world that's populated majorily by demons with few humans, so naturally any religion that gets popular is going to be a demon worship of some kind. You can even tell by how priests rape children.
Goes like this: The spirit of jesus slowly but surely destroys your spirit, while his father makes you unfortunate, at the same time the evil spirit that gets placed in you in baptism nullifies your ability to feel with your spirit and tell real good from evil apart, not to mention your sixth sense.
>>
File: Bigjewmap.jpg (4MB, 3884x7735px) Image search: [Google]
Bigjewmap.jpg
4MB, 3884x7735px
Talmudic Judaism
>>
capitalism
>>
The bogpill
>>
>>19334980
its so cute that you might actually believe this to be true.
>>
File: Screenshot_58.png (8KB, 92x62px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_58.png
8KB, 92x62px
>>19334980
lmao
>>
>>19328935
Islam.
Catholicism is a close second because of the constant scandals and cover ups.
>>
>>19330217
You can, but then you'll get blown up.
>>
>>19330363
their main religious ceremony is eating cum and blood cakes

when will thelemites realise that is really fucking weird and disgusting? are they that indoctrinated?
>>
>>19328935
There is no religion or ideology in the world that has caused more suffering than judaism.
>>
Theism
>>
>>19330302
Brainwashed
>>
>>19328935
Christianity. Too many branches.
Christianity is like shaving cream. They all claim they are the best. They all claim the others suck.
But in the end it is not about the cream at all. It's about the skin of the individual who uses it and maybe important, how it is actually used.
I use no cream at all. I only use aftershave.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.