[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demons of ayahuasca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: sausage-party-firewater.jpg (27KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
sausage-party-firewater.jpg
27KB, 800x433px
Michael Harner wrote about ayahuaska demons in his book "The way of shaman". He saw them in his first and very deep ayahuaska trip in shamanic setting when he was a young antropologist.
He describes them like huge, whale-sized flying creatures with black wings that said him they are space-refugees and gonna make this planet alive, and that they are in every creature (spiritually) on the earth. After that trip Michael Harner told this to his evangelistic friends and they told him it is described in the Bible, so this whale-sized creatures are demons that were overthrown from space and all that christianic stuff.
The main shaman told his trip was really deep and he can be a shaman, but on the question about what it means answers only that the creatures are the bosses only of the rude matters. But what does it mean I didn;t understand.
And this question is in my head for the whole month or maybe more...
Sorry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker.
>>
>>19328230

Where is a giant with black wings mentioned in the bible exactly
>>
>>19328230
None of that is real or relevant to anyone but himself. Ayahuasca is a psychedelic, the word that means "mind manifesting". You don't actually see space demons coming to earth, you see metaphors conjured from visual imagery and associated with meaningful events of your life. You might as well ask what a cloud looks like - it's not that it matters what it actually looks like, it's what it MEANS that it looks like something, to YOU, individually.

Read Carl Jung - Man and his Symbols
>>
The Other...
>>
>>19328400
Yes, it always is happening on psyhedelics, obliously it happens on LSD, M.D. Grof desribed it exhaustively. But also he described archetypical world like really existing, because many different people could describe this world in the same way. I don't know what's true because never been on LSD so deep or on ayahuaska, but if many people could see this "demons" throughout ages and centuries, it can be something universal for everyone's psyche or just another deminsion. So, maybe someone investigated deeply in this subject?
>>
>>19328400
This is not necessarily true, there are archetypal forms and worlds that we do not see in everyday reality that become apparent on psychedelic/shamanistic vision quests.

Yes, psychedelics are mind manifesting, but the mind is large, and all minds are connected to each other through the unconscious mind > collective unconscious mind > the mind of all. Thus psychedelic experiences can collect information/form/imagery from a larger pool than just the user's conscious mind.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.