[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

secret rooms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: secret-rooms-20.jpg (67KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
secret-rooms-20.jpg
67KB, 600x661px
The idea of secret rooms has always scared the shit out of me. Anybody got any cool stories/links?
>>
>>19327332
wtf is that real?
>>
>>19327332
I want to have a secret room now, like this but it's an actual room and it has a gaming set up and no outside lighting and I can just crawl in and close it and it's like I'm in another world.
>>
>>19327332
I always dream that I find secret passages and rooms in my house. I can't seem to find the specific story, but I remember a man in Korea had some creepy lady stealing his food. She somehow eluded detection for years until he installed a camera. There's many cases of such things so just take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?q=-person+secretly+living+in+apartment
>>
>>19327521
Fug, delete the dash before person.
>>
>>19327521
This is the reason why I have motion detectors around my house. If they go off an ear bleeding alarm goes off, have that shit set up everywhere in my house, thinking about changing to heat soon for even better detection.
>>
I've seen one before while walking around a vacant house (I'm a plumber, was working for a real estate agent)

There was a room on the first floor with one window looking towards the forest, but once you were inside the home there was absolutely no way to find the door leading into it. Fucked with my head all day and just drummed it up as a design flaw. Wasn't that old of a house either, maybe mid 90's.
>>
File: tree spirits.jpg (295KB, 1746x1000px)
tree spirits.jpg
295KB, 1746x1000px
>>19327510
soooo,.. your mom's basement?
>>
>>19327631
I live alone
>>
Only experience I had with this was in Salem if you visit the House of the Seven Gables, there are hidden stairways and stuff in the house that go from bedroom to attic and stuff like that. Not really a secret room, but still pretty cool.
>>
>>19327332
I do termite treatments for a lot of vacant houses. I've managed to find three secret rooms. Two were in a basement. One of em you had to access through the crawlspace. Another was underneath a garage and ran underneath to the house.
The one accessable via the crawlspace had blood in it. Real Estate agent was pissed off that I called the cops. Because apparently that scares buyers, but whatever. There was blood in a fucking house that had been sitting empty for nearly a year.
Also, the garage room was apparently for a bunker in case the kids were home alone and someone broke in.

Sometimes I wanna document shit I find for /x/ but I get paranoid some tard will find me and get me fired.
>>
>>19327510

read Foster, you are Dead, of PKD^^
>>
>>19327788
you forgot we're on an anonymous image board

please do share
>>
>>19327957
Just finished reading to it and this paragraph spoke to me in a way that I can't describe.
>He sat down on the floor, knees drawn up, face solemn, eyes wide. There was no sound but that
of the
generators; the world above was completely cut off. He was in a little self
-
contained cosmos;
everything needed was here
--
or would be here, soon: food, water, air, things to do. Nothing else was
wanted. He could reach out and touch
--
whatever he needed. He could stay here forever, through all
time, without stirring. Complete and entire. Not lacking, not fear
ing, with only the sound of the
generators
purring below him, and the sheer, ascetic walls
around and above him on all sides, faintly
warm,
completely friendly, like a living container
>>
File: kawaiis.jpg (140KB, 850x694px)
kawaiis.jpg
140KB, 850x694px
>>19327665
Well then isn't your whole place like your own secret private world?
>>
>>19328045

exactly those paragraphs, specially the period when the suffering boy manages to find peace and beauty within his own space (which is a depp grave nonetheless).

I think it is actually criticism towards consumerism (because there is a massive collaboration between goverment and corporations to produce increasingly aggresive weapons and increasingly expensivier home family bunkers (touching here the theme of programmed obsolescence old good Philip) and if you don't have one you feel bad, juust like if you'd feel bad for not having a pair of nikes but in this case hyperboled metaphor if you don't have ithe product you die)

Anyway. You did read it now? That's great speed you really are the boss
>>
>>19328093
It would be better if I wasn't poor.
>>
>>19328096
Yes I did, if this is the full thing anyways:
https://cochranesfsophomores.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/foster-youre-dead.pdf
>>
>>19327510
This shit scares me because I would get afraid the door would get stuck and I'd starve to death or some shit. I'd leave the door ajar
>>
>>19328116
sounds like you have mild claustrophobia
>>
>>19328122
Not particularly, I just have a horrible fear of being trapped. It all started when I read the Cask of Amontillado, I swear
>>
>>19328107
>https://cochranesfsophomores.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/foster-youre-dead.pdf

you did indeed

PKD published may 50 short taled during the early 50s that are amazing. But no more related with secret rooms côme to mind
>>
>>19328154
I never knew about this but I'm going to bookmark his page and when I get around to it, real all of his work. Thanks anon.
>>
>>19327332
I think it's pretty comfy.
>>
File: IMAG1264.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1264.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
In my house there's this weird window-shaped "door" on my hallway, right next to my room.
It's on the ceiling, and I have no idea how to open or where it leads to.
I asked my parents and they didn't really cared much about it. They also don't know what it is.
These black spots were me trying to see if I could find some kind of lock (there's a sort of bump around that area).

And no, it's not a basement. Where I live, houses with basements are extremely rare.
>>
>>19329165
Open it anon
>>
>>19329174
I want to, but have no idea how.
>>
>>19328002
you forgot this is 4chan. lots of people finding others that they took offense with.
>>
>>19329165
attic or crawl space. looks like it been painted over several times. might need to run a utility knife around it to break the seal.
>>
>>19328122
>claustrophobia
He's afraid of Santa Claus?
>>
>>19327332
My grandparents bought a house in NJ which formerly belonged to a monster. It had a room hidden behind a moving shelf in the basement. They also found a sniper rifle hidden in the attic.
>>
>>19329224
Use a hammer.
>>
i always wanted to have a little turdy looking 600 sf house that looked like a crap shack on the outside but inside in a secret room i'd hoard all my luxurious stuff like my watch collection and guns and vidya, and leave like an old CRT with an atari 2600 hooked up in the living room and a rusty old 22 out in the main living area in case a oogedy boogedy broke in they could steal those and leave all my luxurious white man vaubals behind b/c they were too stuipid to know about the secret room lmao pretty retarded idea huh
>>
>>19329662
Santa
a
t
a
n
>>
>>19329769
>turdy lookin house
>Crap shack
that sounds like a shitty idea anon
>>
>>19328116
well if it bothers you that much than just take an ax with you.
>>
>>19329165

Usually see that kind of thing where key sections of plumbing are. Access panel. If there was once central air that was redone, could be where the filter was.
>>
>>19329257
>crawl space
Probably not. These are not common where I live. It's more likely to be some kind of attic. I'll try messing around with it a bit more to see if I could open it.

>>19329978
>Access panel
It does looks like one, but I've never seen anything like this in any other house here.
>>
>>19327788
>The one accessable via the crawlspace had blood in it
How much blood? How fresh? Describe the room more.
>>
Yes indeed, an unwanted Guest is always something to fear. Especially when they take residence in a space of yours that you never knew about.
@yourhumbleguest
>>
>>19331233
Is that a Twitter handle?
>>
>>19331245
Yes it is. Good job, your hospitality is greatly appreciated.
@yourhumbleguest
>>
>>19329165

Don't know where you live, I live in Vegas where basements and attics are also rare. Though my parents have a crawl space with a loose wooden entrance a little larger then the "door" in your pic.

Just use a utility knife to cut a small square and look in. Hell even if you broke the whole thing there is nothing that a little spackle and drywall tape won't fix. Please post results
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.