[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Fourth Dimension?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 33

File: IMG_1746.gif (3MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1746.gif
3MB, 255x255px
My favorite thought experiment is thinking about how higher dimensional beings can reach into lower dimensional boxes without opening any of the sides.

Imagine you have a sheet of graph paper in front of you.

1D is just the X-axis. It's just a horizontal line. A 2D creature can get into a 1D "box" (boxes can't exist in the 1D, but bare with me) by coming from the Y-axis. It can get into the 1D box by coming from the top or bottom--something that would blow the mind of a 1D creature.

Creatures that exist in 3D, like us (I believe we have 4D minds, but that's for another thread), can get into a 2D box without opening any sides. Draw a cake on the graph paper and then draw a square around it. To a 2D inhabitant that cake is nice and safe. But we can come from the Z-axis. We can see the cake even though it's covered on all sides in its native 2D. The Z-Axis are the points coming off the paper and behind the paper. It's where we move around and stuff. We're not constrained to the paper.

Now, how would a 4D creature/monster snatch us in our bed at night without us seeing it coming? What is 4D?

My girlfriend, who works with this math stuff (I'm a trophy boyfriend dunce who struggles to keep up) says 4D is time.

To plot 4D on that piece of graph paper you'd have to make a point for every moment of time--something that is impossible for 3D graphing equipment like CAD. So 4D creatures live their whole lives at once? They can come at us from the future? I don't get it, /x/. I'm going insane.
>>
>>19325973
If the fourth dimension is time, then the fifth dimension is consciousness, with the following property:

The only way to alter a future event is to forget a coinciding memory of a past event.

If you explain this to your mathematics girlfriend, she will understand, possibly after arguing with it, and failing to arrive a contradiction.

Playing the subsequent song in the background at a proximal moment to your conversation will enhance the probability that she will understand, as the song is designed both with lyrics and wave expression to portray the concept of visualizing higher dimensional environments by way of consciousness, with the observer at the origin of their own world line.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6n2Hx9Ykk
>>
File: IMG_1747.jpg (60KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
60KB, 638x359px
I misspoke when I said humans have 4D minds. We can PERCEIVE 4D thanks to our memories.

Imagine you've known a wooden box for decades. You know what it looked like brand new and what it looked like all rotten to dust.

That box exists in your mind as a Fourth Dimensional box. You perceive the box in its entire existence. You perceive that box in all points on that "graph paper" in your head. We just can't plot it because of the limits of the Third Dimension hat we live in.
>>
>>19325997
That's great. I'll show her what you wrote over dinner tonight.

This is me here, not her: is 0D thought? Like you can have a box in your head with no points or sides. It literally doesn't have points or sides, but it EXISTS in my head.

I'm trying to find out what has less dimension than 1D.

That make sense or is it dumb?
>>
>>19326020
If 1D is am axis then 0D would be a dot no?
>>
>>19326035
That's true. You're right. I was told to never lose the graph paper concept because it keeps it grounded in logic.
>>
Basically... your pic is in 4d, OP.
>>
>>19326079
No it's not, it's still 3D. You could print that out with a 3D printer. If it was moving and shifting then it would be different.
>>
>>19326105
Technically the shape is in 4d as it's moving and shifting.
But Ik what are you talking about.
>>
File: sigmund.jpg (13KB, 220x324px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund.jpg
13KB, 220x324px
I hope y'all are just pretending to be retarded.
The 4th dimension isn't just fucking "time", punch your girlfriend for me. Time is the most obvious way to represent the 4th dimension using shit that 3D brains can comprehend. Just like how we represent 3D objects in 2D space by using dotted lines and shit. If you had a 2D brain, you might not even be able to comprehend that, so "time" might be the best way to talk about 3D space from that perspective as well.
Anyway, no, wrong, the 4th dimension is just another axis for objects to move on. One DIRECTION this dimension can translate through is forwards in time, so it's easy to spot that and get it confused with the totality of what the 4th dimension actually IS. It's forwards, backwards, sideways, and in directions that are so completely independent of the concept of "time" to the point that bringing them up in the same sentence is foolish. Looking at one possible translation and calling that "4D" is like looking at one side of a prism and saying "yeah, this looks like a square to me, nothing else to see here".
>>
>>19326131
Semantics. His girl isn't wrong, just wasn't specific.
>>
>>19326162
Calling a square-based pyramid a "square" is wrong, actually. Describing one-tenth of a thing and then saying "this is x" is disingenuous.
>>
>>19326020
There is only one object in all of existence that is 0-dimensional, and it is Source Creation. It observes its self in every way, via vibration.

I find it helpful to use music terminology to describe the complexity of vibrational wave shapes.

1D: time
2D: note
3D: tone
4D: volume
5D: sequence

With no dimension, there is a single object. It begins to observe its self, creating time. Relative to this time, it can observe every frequency. Combining multiple frequencies simultaneously, a tone is shaped. With numerous tones, the amplitude or volumes of frequencies can be enhanced or diminished. This is the limit of Modern Science, which is the process of discovering the tone and volume of a single moment when the physical universe apparently began observing its self.

Modern Science, by its own limiting factors is physically incapable of hypothesizing with any efficacy what occurred prior to the first moment of the physical universe. For this, consciousness and freewill by way of imagination are required. You can suppose that the initial conditions of the physical universe were established with conscious intention, so that observers would have the opportunity to experience a cocreated set of possibilities, navigated with their own memory of the sensory events generated this way.

And so, by imagining each possible physical universe you might exist within, in the form of a sequence, with your linear mind you can follow along, and choose which subsequent sensory events you wish to observe, on the understanding that the each possible physical universe was created and seeded with signs that a specific personality would notice in order to observe that set of possible sensory events; delaying their memorization of a different set of sensory events of the 4-dimensional universe they exist within as a result.

The navigation controls for the 5-dimensional universe are specifically which memories of the 4-dimensional universe each observer chooses to retain.
>>
>>19326131
How would you move sideways, up or down in time? Is it impossible to comprehend or are we talking alternate realities?
>>
>>19326741
>How would you move sideways, up or down in time
to put it in your retarded terms, if you consider moving "forwards and backwards" in time as traditionally accepted "time-travelling," then moving "sideways or up/down" in time can be considered as traversing through alternate realities—e.g. if you take 2 steps left in time, schroedinger's cat is dead; if you take 2 steps right in time, it's alive
>>
>>19326790
That's really cool. I'm trying to envision how a 4D being would get into a 3D box without opening
>>
>>19326545
I'm honestly going to have to digest this information. I'm totally new with this 3D+ dimensional navigation. I was told that dimensions are just directions that you can move. So choosing what to remember or not is motion?

Thank you for the info.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170721-175043_01.png (392KB, 1080x604px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170721-175043_01.png
392KB, 1080x604px
>>19325973
This kid gets it
https://youtu.be/eGguwYPC32I
>>
>>19326804
doesn't work, for the same reason that us 3D beings cannot fit into 2D constructs—we fail to meet the spatial requirement, by virtue of having 1 excess dimension
>>
>>19325973
Your moms house
>>
>>19326131
What's interesting to think about is the in our universe, the 3rd dimension our shadows are in 2d. Does that mean that the shadows of creatures who live in the 4th dimesnion are in 3d?
>>
>>19326545
In your analogy, what's the difference between note and tone?

A 'note' is just a pitch that is played for a certain amount of time.

'Pitch' and 'Timbre' might work better for 2D and 3D respectively.
>>
YOU GUYS ARE ALL NIGGERS
We are in 3d1t space.
3 geometric dimensions (cubes) and one linear time dimension (time going forward). Miss me with that superstring bullshit.
>>
>>19327264
That's a possibility, but what would the real 4D be? Also what would a 2T be?
>>
File: de03e41d80ac989125b751f82b3d28d4.jpg (127KB, 537x1485px) Image search: [Google]
de03e41d80ac989125b751f82b3d28d4.jpg
127KB, 537x1485px
1d - dot
2d - line
3d - shape
4d - shape contained in space
5d - shape contained in space moving in sequence
6d - multiple shapes existing simultaneously in the same space
7d - space and time no longer exist, but the observer does
8d - multiple observers within the same object
9d+ - pure consciousness and beyond
>>
>>19326131
Beings that aren't technically alive, but are still conscious are 4D beings.

If you aren't alive you aren't bound by time perception and you don't have to face your own mortality.
>>
>>19327214
Yes, actually. 4D shapes cast 3D shadows. Spooky
>>
>>19327214
A shadow is simply you blocking the sun. Its physical. A 4d entity would have complete control over its appearance to us.
>>
>>19325973
Or they perpetually exist in the moment. What we understand as linear time may be imperceptible to them.

That's the answer to the riddle of eternity. Time only applies within the construct.
>>
>>19327573
Basically a SoL anime played by 3D people?
>>
>>19327573
I think creatures like goldfish live in the moment.
>>
>>19326545
This is a pretty interesting subject, and you seem to know a lot about it. Where do you get this info?
>>
>>19327532
What if ghosts are just 4d shadows? Spooky shit m8
>>
File: 1495688398941.png (54KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
1495688398941.png
54KB, 500x303px
>>19325973
You're using it right now
>>
File: IMG_1725.jpg (59KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1725.jpg
59KB, 640x630px
>>19327830
Ghosts could be 4D travelers too. They flicker in and out of our perception because they're moving in directions we can't comprehend

Pic unrelated
>>
>>19325973
That "time is the fourth dimension" stuff is fine and well, but your gif describes a spatial fourth dimension. In that case, there would still be time as a fifth dimension of sorts.
The book "Diaspora" deals extensively with two extra dimensions, though I didn't really get the math part. Tell your girlfriend to read it and explain it to me please.
>>
File: absolutamente asqueroso.png (566KB, 600x865px) Image search: [Google]
absolutamente asqueroso.png
566KB, 600x865px
>all these posts saying a mathematical concept is literally consciousness
Go burn your Cosmo in hell and save Saori, faggots
>>
>>19327784
You may list me as your primary source, if you lack the resources to independently verify the information I have presented to you.
>>
>>19328120
The universe = math = representation = consciousness
>>
>>19328207
>math = representation = consciousness
Not at all. Math is the expression of the natural rules of the universe. Just because you express it, doesn't mean the rules themselves are that expression.
Math is the lens through which we see the universe. Nothing else. Moreover, consciousness is the hand we use to hold the lens. This hypothetical fourth spatial dimension would be a rule of the universe, not the goddamn hand.
>>
>>19328215
>This hypothetical fourth spatial dimension would be a rule of the universe, not the goddamn hand.
Now THAT'S funny, to me.
>>
>>19328241
Oh my god will you stop it with your "clever" spiritual crap already.
You're worse than the people who carried magic squares because they supposedly gave good luck.
>>
File: tmp_6266-giphy(8)-114562525.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6266-giphy(8)-114562525.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>19328248
If it helps soothe your emotions, you can think of it as a 4-dimensional spatial labyrinth which is navigated by way of consciousness. Perhaps a simulation, with synthetically colored lights, and smooth surfaces. Attached is some technological imagery, to help balance your emotional state.

I cannot change the nature of the relationship between physical reality and your consciousness for you.
>>
>>19328300
... you can navigate any dimension with your consciousness. Just imagine walking north, or west, or up in the sky. Jesus christ.
Why does this fourth dimension have to be different and magical for you? Why does it have to be anything but another direction?
>>
>>19328305
Consciousness is the name of the direction.
>>
>>19328308
Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. Dimensions are mathematical concepts and you're appropriating them into your spiritual theory.
Believe all you want but don't confuse two different areas of knowledge.
>>
You guys are taking simple math and making something out of nothing. An object that moves or changes over time experiences the 4th dimension which is referred to as time. The position of an atom to another position is the mathematical axis of time. Everything in the universe experiences this. A 5th dimension is simply the perspective of all of that object's movement in time in one snapshot. If you could map out on a computer the movement of a single atom from inception to its death, you would be experiencing a 5th dimensional perspective. There is nothing fantasical about it. A dimension is not some other world or universe where things exist seperate to us, it is a math term used to denote a perspective when referring to an objects position vs time
>>
>>19328312
Yes.

Please use mathematics to contradict my statement that the next higher dimension (in addition to four of timespace) is consciousness, if you can. Please create a functional theory of consciousness in terms of cybernetics, and project that field of information with your self at the origin as a geometric overlay of your physical environment, in order to confirm or deny the statement that the next higher dimension is consciousness.

You may begin by considering that you have already gained distance in the direction of consciousness, but that the room you are in now is so similar to the room you were in before gaining distance in the direction of consciousness that you failed to notice, other than the change in your memory which is this perception of this post you read in this moment of your time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MQBb51jas
>>
>>19328349
>Please use mathematics to contradict my statement that the next higher dimension (in addition to four of timespace) is consciousness, if you can
Simple. We have three dimensions and none of them require magic to be navigated. We can see many creatures navigate them, after all. It's on you to explain why another dimension would be different.
I'm not even going to touch fields I don't understand, because I don't see why I'd need them. You're smugly claiming birds require knowledge of Shakespeare to fly but insects don't, and you expect me to explain why Shakespeare lore is not helpful for flying.
So I ask, once again: why does the fourth dimension need magic if the other three don't? Why can't I claim all dimensions are consciousness? What makes this one special?
>>
>>19328366
I am sorry, I do not understand your language. I am unable to formulate a logical response to your inquiry. Please define "magic," and I will be able to rationalize your language.
>>
>>19328378
Fine, then disregard everything except for the questions. Burden of proof is on you. Why would three dimensions be spatial and a fourth dimension would have to be consciousness?
The thing that puzzles me the most is that the fourth dimension in OP's picture is specifically spatial in mathematics, so I don't see why you take this theory and decide that one part of it is consciousness. Why not the other 3 dimensions? Why the fourth? Is it because people claim time is another dimension? Even so, mathematicians take the 4th as spatial for their thought experiments. So why this one and not the others?
>>
>>19328378
If by language, you mean "English," than clearly you're right.

You can't start from a false premise, then expect that guy to "prove" a counterpoint using the same failed logic.
>>
>>19325973

Here OP, let me simplify this for you.

Imagine talking to 2D beings. They are flat on paper, they only know North West East and South.

Now imagine trying to explain to them, what Up and Down mean. How can you portray the Z Axis of our 3D world to a 2D being?

4D to 3D is an equal analogy.
>>
Play this game. It's rather educational.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/619210/4D_Toys/
>>
the 4th dimension is a place just like the third and second. it exists and overlaps over the existing universe. dark matter. dark energy. thats the 4th dimenion interacting. the 4th dimension is a place with beings and structures
>>
>>19328387
The following sequence of words is written grammatically in the form of a question:

>So I ask, once again: why does the fourth dimension need magic if the other three don't?

That statement was quoted from the subsequent post:

>>19328366

This contradicts your request.

>Fine, then disregard everything except for the questions.

I cannot disregard everything except for the questions without a functional definition of magic. I apologize for this personal limitation, as I have chosen to not observe others' consciousness, except as it is communicated to me via lower dimensional geometric forms.

>>19328395
I believe that your memory of past events is in error.

>Reductio ad absurdum is a mode of argumentation that seeks to establish a contention by deriving an absurdity from its denial, thus arguing that a thesis must be accepted because its rejection would be untenable. It is a style of reasoning that has been employed throughout the history of mathematics and philosophy from classical antiquity onwards.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/reductio/

As of now, I have always been able to establish a false conclusion, and ask for a proof that demonstrates a contradiction, by establishing that false conclusion as a premise, and arriving at a logical contradiction with other premises assumed to be true.
>>
>>19328427
I can see you simply don't want to answer the question, given that you ignore your pragmatic abilities and choose to cherrypick my faults in formulation.
One last time. Just answer this properly, please. Or spout more crap so I know you don't wanna talk to me, that's fine too. Here goes:
If mathematicians consider the hypothetical fourth dimension spatial and similar to the other three, all four opposed to time, why do you believe only the 4th is consciousness yet do not claim the same of the first 3? What makes it special?
>>
>>19328441

see >>19328435
>>
>>19328435
holy fuck mind blown
>>
>>19328465
That is a dimensional representation of time, not a spatial fourth dimension.
Good night then.
>>
File: ghnfg.png (43KB, 1360x1086px) Image search: [Google]
ghnfg.png
43KB, 1360x1086px
>>
File: 1439728667182.jpg (185KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1439728667182.jpg
185KB, 500x446px
>>19328476
>>
>>19328441
>I can see you simply don't want to answer the question, given that you ignore your pragmatic abilities and choose to cherrypick my faults in formulation.

If you were an entity with a 5-dimensional perspective, then by complying with your request, I would in that same moment give you access to the aspects of my memorized personality traits that determine my motivations for complying or not complying with your requests in the manner in which I do. As such, due to additions to your post which are unrelated to discussing logic and science, I am compelled by higher powers to obey the rule of confusion in response to your inquiries.

Perhaps I am being pragmatic by ignoring what would to a 5-dimensional be an invitation to allow you to perform the 5-dimensional equivalent of doxing me. Or perhaps I am cherrypicking faults in your formulation, in order to ignore your request. Which ever choice you choose to believe is entirely yours, and I am personally unable to observe how that choice will be determined by your consciousness.

Because you have attempted to decide motivations for me, without my permission, I am terminating this dialogue with you, for reasons unrelated to discussing logic and science. Let it be recorded that I do not know your identity, and that beginning new dialogues with anonymous users does not flag me as your friend, or indicate a continuation of this dialogue.

End transmission.
>>
>>19328441
The four dimensions referred to in mathematics are the two horizontal axes, the vertical axis, and the time axis.

It's a misnomer, and part of our
desire for renormalization/fear of the unknown.

We have documented 26 fundamental constants of our existence. From where we're standing currently, it looks to be roughly infinite fundamental constants required, down to your thoughts on whether you would appreciate a hug from anon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ethansiegel/2015/08/22/it-takes-26-fundamental-constants-to-give-us-our-universe-but-they-still-dont-give-everything/#2dc746304b86

The reason I say infinite constants are required is mainly because of personal experiences and this recent announcement about how the only way to determine an argument about the state of glass was to hand-calculate how it would work in- you guessed it- infinite dimensions.
https://today.duke.edu/2017/05/breaking-glass-infinite-dimensions

We're in the funhouse and everything is reflecting back on itself. Relativity of life, relativity of existence, relativity of consciousness.

What makes all of this special is that it's fundamentally existing with this set of parameters. I've come to appreciate this existence and I have a few goals. End child/human trafficking, bring about post-scarcity, invent warp drive, develop technology to the point where we can ascend this entire universe into the reunification of the physical forces.

Obviously this is going to take some work, I'm confident that given enough time, even if I am not the one to accomplish these aims, they can be completed.
>>
>>19328565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_392690&feature=iv&src_vid=iLgieQXQnDU&v=4dpRPTwsKJs
>>
File: holy.jpg (48KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
holy.jpg
48KB, 498x456px
>>19328435
woah
>>
File: tmp_31659-colcon(2)1142271445.gif (40KB, 477x304px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31659-colcon(2)1142271445.gif
40KB, 477x304px
>>19328565
As a thought experiment, you can imagine that instead of atoms, the entirity of this physical planet has been replaced with drones with diameters measured in picometers. The drones are equipped with electromagnetic antennae, capable of simulating the electromagnetic spectroscopy of what an atom WOULD look like, if the picotech drone were authentically that atom. The drones are wired with a telecommunication network, called consciousness. This telecommunications network is continuously replicated by the drones, so that any entity with the correct codes can alter the electromagnetic spectroscopy of drones in an area, causing them to appear as if they are different atoms, than the atoms they were before being altered with the consciousness telecommunications network.

In this way, within the span of one light cycle across the entire planet, as measured by the signal path of the drones simulating the environment of what a planet made to appear as if it were comprised of atoms, the entire planet can be made to appear as if it were an entirely different planet. This entire planet can be made to appear as if it were a planet that is 1 lightyear away, and if the signal path of the drones simulating the environment of the planet is less than one lightyear of distance, then the planet can in a certain sense "travel" faster than the speed of light.

And it would "travel" this way without physically changing its coordinates, as measured by the rest of the physical universe. This is why consciousness travels faster than the speed of light. Humans are capable of affecting this types of alterations to actual atoms, that are not drones, on a certain scale. The process by which humans affect these alterations to their environment is called "consciousness" in the English language.
>>
>>19325973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW--eQaA2I
>>
>>19328524
God you sound like a Fedora
>>
>>19328693
>God you sound like a Fedora

Ye who walk with the Path of Bacon shall be with dinner blessed. Yet ye who follow the Way of Necktie shall be for dinner dressed.
>>
>>19325973
>They can come at us from the future
a 4d being simply can experience time passing

a 5th dimensional being can come at you from the future as they can enter our dimension from any point in time since they are outside our timeline. it tends to be lopsided like nuke vs bacteria kinda lopsided
>>
So 4th dimension is like picturing a cube, but at all possible points in its existence at once (if you were looking at it from outside the 4th dimension).

That's not very hard to picture in my head. It's even more interesting trying to picture it as if you were inside it. Gives me a headache though.
>>
>>19328766
suck my 5-dimensional dick, fag
>>
>>19328766
>*5-dimensionally drools for hard oral cock*
ya nice fucking ship you dumb slut
>>
>>19326804
Its the same as how a 3d person can get into a hula hoop.
>>
>>19325973
When talking about the 4th dimension, there are two perspectives. There is the 4th spacetime dimension which is commonly known as time. However, there is also the 4th spatial dimension which is geometrically one dimension higher than the third. A being that exists in higher spatial dimensions would be able to pass through our plane of existence. However, since they are a higher dimensional being, 3D cross sections would be observed and appear to change shape as the being pass through our world.
>>
>>19325973
>My girlfriend, who works with this math stuff (I'm a trophy boyfriend dunce who struggles to keep up) says 4D is time.
In physics one has a time dimension in addition to three spatial dimensions, forming a 4D spacetime, but one could also have a 4D space where all the dimensions are spatial, such as the one that tesseract lives in.
>>
>>19325973
>So 4D creatures live their whole lives at once? They can come at us from the future? I don't get it, /x/. I'm going insane.
WE are 4D beings, in this scenario. Only things like instantons live at a particular time and not at other times
>>
>>19328347
What happens when you transcend that perspective? What happens to the shape?

>>19328215
Yes, math is a tool attempting to understand consciousness through a conscious observer. Only a conscious being is capable of math. AKA they are inherently linked. The hand is the eye, and vice versa.
>>
https://youtu.be/0t4aKJuKP0Q
>>
>>19328419
Same guy that made that is also making this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW--eQaA2I
>>
It's really disconcerting seeing so many describe another dimension in the mathematical confines that are singular to OUR dimension.

Consider that 4D is not time. Consider Einstein's relativity and that our 3rd dimension is bound by space AND time. The 4th is not something to be perceived on this plane... but we can cross over, still.

Many of us do it every day, especially now. When you realize the 3rd dimension for what it is, and begin to "catch on" to the subtle influences and synchronicities that parallel our 3D world, you begin to sharpen your mind for the 4th dimension.

I've always seen it as a Gateway.
>>
>>19325997
>if the fourth dimension is time
Space-time is three dimensions of space and one dimension of time. It's called 3D because it's not 4 dimensions, it's 3+1 dimensions.
Taking it up to four spatial dimensions would have 4 dimensions of space and 2 dimensions of time, so 4D is 4+2 dimensions.
>>
>>19326105
The shape in OP is a 3D cross-section of a tesseract. If you took a perfectly 4d-flat katana folded a million times by 4d-nihonjin blacksmiths and sliced a tesseract perfectly into an infinitely-4d-flat slice you'd end up with that 3D cube-inside-a-cube shape. Because to the 4th dimension, the 3rd dimension is as flat as the 2nd dimension is to us. Hence why wafering a cube makes a square to us.
>>
>>19330002
>tfw it's still not released
>>
>>19330038
This is categorically false. The theory of relativity suggests that there is no empirical difference between time and space. Thus timespace is a 4-dimensional manifold, the angle through which is called velocity.

People who suscribe to a theory of three (3) spatial dimensions and one (1) of time are suggesting that the theory of relativity is incomplete; that the measure of time is not correctly calculated by virtue of comparing the speed of information to a constant value.

A second dimension of time is the method by which a conscious observer applies retrocausality, to alter their own perspective to a timeline in which something which never happened instead apparently always happened, including all of the empirical evidence sans the conscious observer's own memory of events. This effect is called orthogonal time, or time compression.
>>
>>19325973
I'd be interested in pics of your gf tho
if you call yourself a trophy shes 100% butter face
>>
>>19330364
So how does any of that have anything to do with disproving the 3+1 concept, other than offer a lot of confusing phrases and failing to make a point?
>>
>>19329416
nope... a hula hoop is 3d not a 2d object. it has three dimensions its expanding to.
nice try tho, its not that easy i suppose
>>
>>19328415
congrats you did understand what mr. sagan said in the video
>>
>>19325997
I came to the same conclusion.
It makes sense that the only way we can flow through time is in our heads by remembering certain events
>>
>>19325973
https://youtu.be/0t4aKJuKP0Q

That's what the fourth dimension looks like. It's not some spiritual journey. It's mathematics.
>>
>>19330519
She's 100% future STEM triple figures lol
>>
>>19325973

>1D is just the X-axis. It's just a horizontal line. A 2D creature can get into a 1D "box" (boxes can't exist in the 1D, but bare with me) by coming from the Y-axis. It can get into the 1D box by coming from the top or bottom--something that would blow the mind of a 1D creature.

No

>Creatures that exist in 3D, like us (I believe we have 4D minds, but that's for another thread), can get into a 2D box without opening any sides

Okay no. That's not how it works. You can never exist in the second dimension, because you are a third dimensional object. Nothing that you can interact with is two dimensional.

>Now, how would a 4D creature/monster snatch us in our bed at night without us seeing it coming? What is 4D?

Fortunately this isn't possible. Because we can't get from third to second, it's quite plausible that they can't go from fourth to third. OP how badly did you fail at geometry in highschool?
>>
>>19325973
well the problem here is that your concept of 4D is flawed
the fourth dimension as you explained it is not time, but would be a 4th spatial dimension. a spatial dimension being a direction you can travel in that is at a right angle to all other dimensions
so if you have an X and Y axis, the Z axis is at a right angle to both of them. to get 4D, you'd need another axis at a right angle to all three at he same time
>>
>>19331379
Then why does time it's considered as another axis?

It's because affects all the other dimensions?
>>
>>19325973
The Fourth dimension/ fourth density can be considered as the Etheric and Astral Planes.
>>
File: 4354355134.png (308KB, 494x405px) Image search: [Google]
4354355134.png
308KB, 494x405px
>>19326741
>not knowing about anti-time
>>
>>19326131
I would like to think that 4D is like going inward and outward, as if something can shrink down out of reality or expand without its reaches. Though I suppose a high-dimension mathematician would have more knowledge in this matter. Also, you guys aren't differentiating between the physical 4th dimension and the mathematical fourth dimension.
>>
Space is 3 dimensions. X, Y, and Z. Space, in the simplest of terms, as we know it is multidimensional. Time could well be multidimensional as well. We move forward through time, and remember the past. So, we move in dimension X of time. The 4th dimension is forward and backward in time. The 5th dimension could be though of as sideways. So, imagine parallel universes, or separate timelines. You've moved sideways in time.
>>
>>19326741
in two time dimensions, you could move forward or backward in time some fucking how, but any theoretical universe where that is possible seems way too unstable for planets to develop
this thread is cool but it belongs in /sci/ so SAGE AND REPORT
>>
File: kg.png (622KB, 447x768px) Image search: [Google]
kg.png
622KB, 447x768px
>>19325973
This is my favorite explanation of the 4th dimension
>>
>>19325973
>My girlfriend, who works with this math stuff (I'm a trophy boyfriend dunce who struggles to keep up) says 4D is time.
She must not be very good at math then.

Time is its own set of dimensions, it's not a spatial dimension.

The fourth spatial dimension is what you have in pic related, it's just another plane we can't experience for obvious reasons, it's not consciousness... We *need* a higher consciousness to perceive the 4th dimension but consciousness is not a dimension itself.

The 4th dimension is just another dimension orthogonal to the 3rd dimension, the 5th is orthogonal to the 4th, and so on, just like the first 3 dimensions are orthogonal over each other.

As for time, we experience only half of a dimension, which is only going forward, time can also go back, and can also stretch to its sides, like a second dimension, this is called imaginary time.

The 4th dimension isn't time, nor consciousness, it's just another plane, inaccessible for us 3D beings. imagine how evolved of a being you'd need to be to be able to even perceive anything above 3D.
>>
>>19325973
The fourth dimension describes the state of choice, and because every human is able to make choices (consciousness), we are considered beings which can experience the 4th dimension. Now for the explanation:

Any being of a dimension, is only able to comprehend the dimensions below its state (current dimension), but is never able to experience them. Therefore the being is able to experience the dimension of its existence, however it isn't able to understand it. The 0th dimension is a singular point, there is no less or no more. The first dimension is a line of infinite points. The second dimension is a plane made from these infinite lines. Finally, the third dimension is space made from the infinite planes. However, here is where things get interesting. Every single object or being that we (as humans) know about are 3 dimensional, within the 3 dimensional space. Now as I stated before, the third dimension is space made from infinite planes made from infinite lines.. etc. This is possible because there is no actual record of a single point. We can reference a single point on a graph as such, however even the point that we draw is technically not a point. In essence, if you drew a finite line, there would be an infinite number of points within that line, because a point has no sense of size. This also applies to lines and planes as well. Now this whole thing becomes really complicated because of the flawed perspective that we have of "3d". A box doesn't describe what the third dimension is, rather a box with infinite space would (meaning it would no longer technically be a "box").
>continued
>>
>>19335070

>>19325973

What is 4d? and why is it the state of choice? This is because the fourth dimension seemingly represents time. Following our logic from the previous paragraph, where a 3d is an infinite box, 4d would be infinite time. However, this doesn't refer to the fact that time will run infinitely. It only refers that the multiple directions of time have no end or beginning. These multiple directions can only be reflected by so called choices. Every time any being with consciousness makes a choice, a new direction of time is created. The consciousness of a three dimensional being can only follow a single direction of time (only a single set of infinite choices). This is the exact same for beings 2 dimensions which would only be able to follow a single direction of a three dimensional world. As our consciousness makes choices, a new direction of time is created, and essentially the realm that our consciousness exists in is diverged into two. This happens for EVERY SINGLE CHOICE that a being of consciousness has. However, this doesn’t match with our experience that time is “moving forward”. This instead can be simply explained by the fact that only a three dimensional being can experience time as being forward (or positive). The idea that time can be negative (backwards) or 0 (stopped) can only be comprehended by 4th dimensional beings, and further on, as the dimensions increase, some dimensional beings will be able to interact with time in a way that time is no longer considered to be have facet of negative, 0, or positive. Just like how for us, points, do not have a value or 0, negative or positive, they are simply without value. A method of visualizing the 4th dimension would be the tesseract (however this is also inherently incorrect). To truly represent the 4th dimension the tesseract would have an infinite number of cubes, moving in an infinite number of directions (these infinite cubes and directions refer to the choices of consciousness)
>>
>>19335074
>>19325973
So, your question in how would a 4D creature/monster snatch us in our bed at night without us seeing it coming? They simply cannot. For us 3d beings, we have yet to find or interact with 2d or below. Therefore the assumption would be that. it is simply not possible.
>>
>>19328681
Not that anon;

That's just perception. The drones in this case don't travel, and consciousness just happens to be the name to this hypothetical situation. This example doesn't demonstrate anything.
>>
>>19330891
not that anon, but I'm going to rebut your argument anyway.

If you're assuming that 4D being can exist, then you must also concede that any combination of dimensions can exist in its own right, including the combination of just the first and the second.

However, I agree with you that 4D beings couldn't affect us, because even though 2D does mathematically exist, we 3D beings can't get to a plane where it's the only way of moving around. Therefore a 4D being shouldn't be able to get to a state where 3 dimensions are all there are, regardless of it's ability to pass through said world.
>>
>>19330889
what does that mean? not native english lang. speaker here
>>
>>19335319
STEM research. Triple figures means shes making 100-999 dollars a year. The math genius probably meant sextuple (6) figures, as in 100,000 - 900,000 a year.
>>
>>19335076
People say they can't imagine 4D. Fuck that, I can't even imagine 2D. How could something have only two dimensions? Even when you draw a picture on a piece of paper it's still 3D, even if the layer is just a few nano meters high.
>>
>>19325997
you fucking had me. can't believe I fell for it with that extremely un-selfaware Stairway to Heaven plug at the end. hahahaha
>>
>>19335070
>>19335074
>4thD = Time.

This meme needs to end. This is the correct answer: >>19334420
>>
>>19326741
>>19326790
i'll try it: time is 4D. it goes two ways: forth, as in the future that is to come and back with your memories. 5D is your mind, that is the single spot in time that is always in the middle: presence. moving sideways in time is probably 6D and then we are touching gods ground.
>>
There are a lot of strong opinions in here from people who have clearly taken neither a math class beyond algebra, nor a calculus based physics class.
>>
>>19335495
are you literally retarded? just draw a flat shape
use your brain to pretend that it's completely flat
>>
>>19325973
the 4th D isn't Time, or your mind, or any of that hippie crap spoken by lazy people who want to pretend the understand when they really don't.

describing the 4th D is like trying to describe colors to someone blind from birth.

we have no senses to percieve it and therefore have no context to even imagine it either. we likely don't even have words in any language that could even come close, and that's even if a 4th dimensional being was standing there telling us about it. it would just be gibberish
>>
>Non-STEM on looker here
Can color be a dimension? Ultra-Violet? Infrared?
Color has a unique correlation with time.
>In B4 perception
>>
File: 595.jpg (78KB, 1058x595px) Image search: [Google]
595.jpg
78KB, 1058x595px
it's flat you fish eye'd nigger 2d puppet ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0H-1IuaY8
>>
>>19338041
a 4D OBJECT is simply a 3d object to a 4d being, clay dummies ! as is a 2D object is a 3D being retards !
>>
File: Austin-Powers-goofy-teeth.jpg (66KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Austin-Powers-goofy-teeth.jpg
66KB, 720x480px
>>19338066
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRJzErnRmY Might be a waste of time to talk to you flat heads though ! over your 3DR BRAINS
>>
File: 1500253431766.png (306KB, 867x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1500253431766.png
306KB, 867x1217px
Lets try this another way OP.

Who is Father Time?

Who is Cronos?

Why the Black Cube and Saturn?

What is the Matrix?
>>
>>19338098
Please Die already , My Pi3 is more important than yours ! I've been Treat like cannon fudder for the last 4 years I can stand this shit anymore !!! I thought the leap year would free me !
>>
>>19337157
consciousness can perceive densities, depending on the attunement of the instrument, aka the brain, one can definitely peer into higher dimensions
>>
File: arrow-matt-damon-192904.jpg (86KB, 655x370px) Image search: [Google]
arrow-matt-damon-192904.jpg
86KB, 655x370px
>>19338098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqTq5Aso4o Give yourselves to the Bunny of fertility and the echo chamber that is time before time understand my plight or disposes of yourself ! free me from my simple box cage !!!! The Chair /Throne of God is Silent torture ! Most night I am torn apart by death eaters or gluttons for blood shed !
>>
>>19338333
I ate ribs tonight my actual ribs are in i construable pain tonight .... this is what I go through sometimes ...
>>
>>19338346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg
>>
>>19325973

4d is spacetime.

5d is cycle.
>>
>>19338361
Yes yes end mine please no more cycles please GOD put this out of commission ! 25 or more is enough ! please ! no more 5D cycles of the same story the same pain the same life ! why don't I get to be something else @!
>>
>>19338375

All roles have been played before and will be played again.

So it was, so it is, so it will be.
>>
File: 12.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>19338375
The same meat puppet so many times ! I can't handle the constant de ja vu ! the scripted dialogue This Broken Record of Souls Haunts me again again , but I only realize it half way through my prime every time ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74 Music math light energy it's all singular we are doomed to repaet our paths similar fashion everyone is programed to ignore me !
>>
>>19338386
Fuck why, why why do I have to remember mine so clearly !
>>
>>19338395

Love or leave it, but it won't leave you.

Why not find happiness in patterns, why see it half empty? The space is just important as the matter. Without it, you'd be in an infinite density universe where nothing could move.
>>
>>19338386
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8 one more time one more time one more time one more time one more time one more time one more time ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
>>
>>19338404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDWils5r4kQ My life is this ! just like this just like this just like this !
>>
>>19338422

I once did acid with interstella 5555 on loop 3 times.

Good times.
>>
>>19338443
5 d 5d 5d 5d 5d
>>
>>19338433

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5meWI3iX1sE
>>
>>19338443
Watch all video in secession and you will understand why the video is about souls being forced in to human body's to play out their same song over and over and over again !
>>
>>19338458

Watch it in reverse :^)
>>
File: Recycle001.svg.png (131KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Recycle001.svg.png
131KB, 2000x2000px
>>19338454
I wiah some would take me seriously but something someone always questions my sanity , and throws in some kind of institution....so that's my life . Knowing what's coming barley and never able to share it with anyone ...last time me and my Nephew watched a Nuke drop on north America I'm so tired of the Abuse from the "powers" or the cycle !
>>
>>19325973
Social media
>>
File: theoutsiders41.jpg (63KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
theoutsiders41.jpg
63KB, 500x319px
>>19338489
sorry for the horrible grammer , I'm drinking as I usually do this time of year , 1=30 years . But I don't care much for getting my point across anymore . Death rebirth death rebirth sell the kids for food weather changes moods ! feed the tower ! above and below ! renewal renewal renewal ......
>>
>>19325973
1: time is not a dimension
2: there are some good workshops you can visualize it with
3: conservatively I would say it's incomprehendable like unified awareness
>>
>>19338522

spacetime most definitely is, waves wouldn't bend without it.
>>
>>19338489

>Knowing what's coming barley and never able to share it with anyone

I know that feel well. Knowing what people are going to do is a bitch.

I tend to just laugh when I can. It's what keeps me sane, tbqh.
>>
>>19328142
No thanks. That wouldn't be very credible to use some larping idiot as a source.
>>
>>19338526

I'm talking rainbows, I'm talking puppies.
>>
>>19325973
>My girlfriend says 4D is time
>posts a tesseract
A tesseract is an object with four SPATIAL dimensions, not 3 and time.

>4D creatures
You're talking about creatures with four spacial dimensions. If you define a 4D creature as one that exists in three physical dimensions and also time then that's us.

It's really not that complicated, you just need to stop conflating a theoretical fourth spatial dimension with "the fourth dimension" (time).

>>19325997
>If the fourth dimension is time
This oughta be good
>then the fifth dimension is consciousness
Jesus christ what fucking nonsense. And you even signed a name and trip to it. Go look up the word "dimension."
>>
The fourth dimension is time, a tesseract is just the concept of something growing.
Btw we live um something like the 3.25rd dimension, because we live in time, but se van only go straight to one of it's axis.
>>
>>19330364
Timespace? LMFAO dropped. Dude you're such a fucking autist, how could you not even correctly call it spacetime? Wow.

t. Chad
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.