[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often and how long do you meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1499217553865.jpg (17KB, 361x441px) Image search: [Google]
1499217553865.jpg
17KB, 361x441px
I started meditating 20 minutes per day, up from my usual 10 and it seems like it makes a big difference. But I heard that 2 20 minute sessions, twice a day help even more. How does /x/ do it?
>>
>>19325857
20minutes first thing in the morning and 20minutes before bed is perfect for me.

Depends on the person though. I used to do about 2 hours per day back in my hardcore days.

I personally think that 2 20minute sessions a day is all you need. Try to stay mindful and contemplative throughout the day, and you're gold.
>>
How do you meditate with pets?

I try to meditate and my dog comes and shoves his face into mine.
>>
Two hours this afternoon. No thought.

My entire life involves no thought and everything I do is generated in the present moment.
>>
>>19325900
That's funny, lock yourself in your room for a bit. or outside of it idk
>>
>>19325900
I have a cat and sometimes she decides she wants my attention so she'll meow or rub against me, or try to get in my lap. Part of meditating is being able to concentrate, I think, just like when you have an itch on your nose and you don't break the meditation to scratch it.
>>
>>19325900
Really? You have to ask?
Close your bedroom door.
>>
Can someone help me? I've been trying to meditate for some days but I just feel nothing. I usually do it for +- 5min a day but sometimes I just skip days because I feel like it makes no difference. I really want to do it tough.
>>
>>19325900
Same but I do what anon>>19325980 suggested until I can further modify my external environment.
>>
>>19326139
You shouldn't be expecting to feel anything, it's kind of hard but you'll start to see what that means.
>>
>>19326176
So I should just keep meditating until I reach enlightenment?
>>
>>19326202
Enlightenment is a neverending process not quite the definition you're probably thinking it to be but the definition doesn't really matter just try to just observe yourself at this point.
>>
>>19326202
Just try to quiet your mind. Let thoughts come and then let them go again. Don't try to hold on to them. Maybe a mantra would help? Or say Om and feel the vibrations inside you when you do.
>>
Can anyone teach me how to meditate ? What exactly am I supposed to do whilst meditating ? Close eyes and just ... what ?
>>
>>19327255
Close your eyes, sit somewhere comfortable with your back straight. Don't try to push out all thoughts, instead just let them come and go as they may.

That's it. It's simple, but it's not easy
>>
>>19325857

20 a day is great. 30 is even better. 40 might actually be too much unless you already meditate twice a day. Don't force yourself.

But yeah it's probably better to do twice a day, spaced out from each other. I don't though
>>
meditating is lame as fuck. Practicing mindfulness is key to success.
>>
>>19327385
Def do both.
>>
>>19327407
I only practice mindfulness. Meditation is lame as fuck to me. I literally accomplish nothing. I come away from mindfulness relaxed and accomplish where meditation usually just relaxes me but not really since I have not really figured out any issue I may be having. Different strokes for different folks though. I may more high energy than most people. I have been called a shock to the senses by many.
>>
>>19327417
What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
>>
>>19327417
You're not supposed to figure out any issue you may be having. Not sure what that's all about. It's just to relax your body and put some attention and care to your soul.

How do you practice mindfulness?
>>
>>19327482
I think about issues in my life and resolve them
>>
>>19325980
If I do that both the dog and the cat freak the fuck out. Literally will start throwing themselves against the door.

I have very codependent pets.
>>
meditate until you can rid your mind of thoughts and until you no longer feel or associate yourself with your physical body.

with more practice it takes less time to achieve this state.

then again you can also meditate passively all throughout the day by remaining thoughtless. if thoughts pop up just let them pass without attachment.
>>
have gotten out of my routine (1 hour in evenings, maybe half an hour in the mornings) and it feels bad man.

but consistency is key, and getting into a good habit takes practice.

here's some guided meditations for those who'd like some extra help along the way: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
and this ebook is very handy (30 pages but it reads really easy): http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.