[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ + /ck/ Magic Foods and Herbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: boron.png (556KB, 1653x557px) Image search: [Google]
boron.png
556KB, 1653x557px
I was thinking of all the mystical things people CLAIM certain foods, herbs, and spices can do. Post anything /x/ related to foodstuffs. I'll start.

>Boron
I've read from a lot of places that Boron can reverse the (deliberate) ossification of the Pineal Gland caused by Flouride and help open your third eye. The levels suggested are at the upper end of what is safe (30 mg / day).

>Anisette
Supposedly Anisette (the flavor of Black Licorice, Ouzzo, and Sambuca). If taken before bed can help with lucid dreams. You can also get it in the baking section as an extract.

>Vitamin C (conspiracy)
Most animals produce Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Humans do not. One conspiracy theory is that we were DELIBERATELY created to NOT make Vitamin C so that we would wear out and die quicker. If we took large doses of Vitamin C every day from birth we would all live to be 200+ years old, which would help us learn and spiritually ascend. Vitamin C has also been shown to kill and prevent cancer, but Big Pharma hides this because it's cheap and easy.

Anyone have any others?
>>
File: hot_goodness.gif (290KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hot_goodness.gif
290KB, 800x600px
>>19324471
A lot of substances have been used for "metaphysical experiences". Nowadays they are thought of as crappy intoxicants that only poor people and prisoners would use. One is interesting though.

Nostradamus' notes clearly said that he took a potion made of large amounts of nutmeg and used a scrying pool to get his predictions. Nutmeg has chemicals similar to both Ecstasy and Mescaline. It makes you violently ill if you take enough to "get high", which is why they don't bother to control it.

I wouldn't try this unless you want to throw up all night for 2 hours of crappy delirium.
>>
>>19324682

Emesis is not the only danger, a person has been hospitalized

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4057546/
>Thirty-two cases of nutmeg ingestion were reported. Of the 17 (53.1 %) unintentional exposures, 10 subjects (58.8 %) were under the age of 13. Four of the exposures in children under the age of 13 were ocular exposures. Fifteen exposures (46.9 %) were intentional exposures. Of these intentional exposures, five (33.3 %) were recorded to have combined drug intoxication. All of these were between the ages of 15 and 20. One patient with polypharmaceutical exposure required ventilatory support in the hospital.
>>
>>19324471
I drink ouzo often but never have lucid dreams.
>>19324682
I also went through a phase a few years ago where I got wasted on nutmeg a few times a week for about a year, maybe 18 months. I never threw up but it does make you very naseous, and indeed very high, but not hallucinationg. Maybe I didn't take enough for that. But I can confirm the effects don't last two hours. It takes a few hours (up to 6 or so) until you come up, but then you're up for the day (and some of the next day).
>>
File: da_wizurd.png (254KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
da_wizurd.png
254KB, 713x713px
>>19324710
>>19324768
>@nutmeg
I knew it was nasty but not that nasty. I wonder if Nostradamus would have done some more traditional hallucinogen if he had access to one.

>>19324768
>@Anisette (Ouzo)
I think it might be more of a magical practice aid, rather than some magical substance. Many lucid dreaming techniques use some external cue to make you "wake up" while inside the dream. Like a single gong on a time delay or training yourself to "wake up" when you see a red ball in a dream. I think the strong flavor (and smell) of Anisette can "remind you" that you are sleeping. Drink a little just before bed and then say:
>"When I smell or taste licorice I WILL realize that I am dreaming and take conscious control of my dream."
>>
>>19324682
Iirc it's not similar to mdma, it is mdma, and ecstasy was first extracted from it before it was synthesized. I could be wrong it's been years since I read up on it
>>
File: magic_help_dogge.jpg (77KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
magic_help_dogge.jpg
77KB, 500x667px
>>19325398
It's both actually.

MDMA is one of hundreds of chemicals that are all very similar to one another. Alexander Shulgin synthesized and tested (on himself) a lot of these hallucinogens in the 60's and 70's. Most plants have dozens of the same chemical backbone differing by just a few atoms. A good example of this is Synthetic Vanillin versus real Vanilla Extract.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanillin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla#Chemistry

So I'm sure that Nutmeg contains MDMA AND dozens of other compounds very similar to MDMA, (many of which make you sick).
>>
>>19324471
Mugwort's good for dreams, though it's not advisable to take it more than 3-4 times a month.
>>
>>19326852
Would wormwood work as well?
>>
>>19326877
Haven't tried wormwood but mugwort might give you a slight high... wormwood is the shit absinthe is made from, even if it does have a similar effect it wouldn't be my first choice. But I mean if it's easier to find for you maybe it's worth a shot, just do your research first I guess.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.