[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I go to heaven if I were to kill myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5821.jpg (16KB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5821.jpg
16KB, 229x300px
Im just asking because of the recent Suicide of The Linkin Park singer. Do you believe that he'll go to the good afterlife? I need answers
>>
>>19323140
There's no afterlife.
>>
>>19323143
How come people can have afterlife experiences then?
>>
No worries for the dead! Because they're dead! So chin up man, you've got nothing to worry about.
>>
>>19323151
You might as well be asking yourself why humans have a subconscious.
>>
File: IMG-20170720-WA0003.jpg (90KB, 1115x679px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170720-WA0003.jpg
90KB, 1115x679px
Do you accept Jesus Christ as your savior? Then you would not. but accepting him, you would probably not commit sucicide or else you wouldn't have really accepted him.
Faith and grace of Jesus alone gets you into heaven, but not all are equal in heaven. You would probably be bottom tier in heaven
>>
>>19323161
What if subconsciousness IS afterlife?
>>
>>19323151
Not that guy but the common answer is the brain makes you trip balls AND get sedated when you're dying, possibly to prevent you from doing something that would immediately endangering others.

I don't know if there's one or not, but current physics seems to support eternalism which means the human mind perceives time but each instance is actually it's own permanent fragment of existence, so a being that perceives in four dimensions would tell you there is always an instance (or several) where he is alive.
>>
>>19323179
Segregation in Paradiso? Elaborate. Sources too please
>>
My subconsciousness is dark, wet, feels alive and menacing and it stares into me with malice and hate. I don't like it inside there.

I can go a little into it, but I feel seriously threatened by whatever the fuck is deep inside me.

I short, I hope to shit that subconsciousness isn't the afterlife.
>>
>>19323212
That's what she said
>>
>>19323140
Christianity wise? No. Suicide is a mortal sin.
>>
>>19323140
You've likely made no spiritual progress if you're considering suicide. It's a selfish thing done to escape suffering. If you still feel selfishness and suffering you haven't gotten closer to transcendence. You need to rid yourself of such feelings as sadness and fear because that's how you fall.

His death was caused by the inherent weakness of his spirit. Because of what he's done, he will face the trials, and surely fail. Eventually he'll try to escape the darkness and despair that he's put himself in, and in the end he'll be crawling towards the light. The light is a portal back to our world where he'll be reborn, likely as a lesser being (like a cockroach or worse, a nigger) this time around because of his failures in his past life, and with each failure he will become a lesser and lesser being, furthering his spirit from any possibility of breaking the habit and freeing itself from this cycle. Each failure puts him one step closer to what we call "hell." If his spirit reaches that point, it'll be the end and it won't even matter.
>>
Suicide isn't a sin. The pope made it into a sin early on because people were killing themselves to go to heaven so much it became a problem. Humans have no right to decide what is and isn't a sin, so the pope was full of shit. The bigger problem you need to worry about is if the afterlife even exists.
>>
From the Catechism of the Catholic church (i.e. the beliefs of Catholics):

Suicide
2280 Everyone is responsible for his life before God who has given it to him. It is God who remains the sovereign Master of life. We are obliged to accept life gratefully and preserve it for his honor and the salvation of our souls. We are stewards, not owners, of the life God has entrusted to us. It is not ours to dispose of.
2281 Suicide contradicts the natural inclination of the human being to preserve and perpetuate his life. It is gravely contrary to the just love of self. It likewise offends love of neighbor because it unjustly breaks the ties of solidarity with family, nation, and other human societies to which we continue to have obligations. Suicide is contrary to love for the living God.
2282 If suicide is committed with the intention of setting an ex ample, especially to the young, it also takes on the gravity of scan dal. Voluntary co-operation in suicide is contrary to the moral law. Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.
2283 We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. The Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives.
>>
>>19323140
There's only one afterlife. And sadly his journey there will be difficult because he'll have to face the demons he was trying to escape from head on.
>>
Im Catholic/Christian. And, suicide is definitely a sin. Will it take you to hell? I don't really know, God's mercy is infinite.
>>
>>19323261
>You don't even own your own life

Such a cuck religion it's sad.
>>
>>19323244
I'm with you on that one. You can't just runaway from your problems. I have no more sorrow for him.
>>
File: 1498431604895.png (32KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498431604895.png
32KB, 540x540px
>>19323261
Everything makes sense here
>>
>>19323140
In just about every religion, you go to Hell. Hope that helps.
>>19323179
Suicide is a cardinal sin because it's escaping from the trials of this world or some shit. God wants people to hate this world but not leave it on their own. Even if you believe in Christ's sacrifice and seek forgiveness.
>>
>>19323140
It would depend on what other karma/consequences you have coming to you. A life of charity and altruism might still get you to heaven if you kill yourself, but generally those who commit suicide have lived selfish lives and have accrued "negative" karma. Killing yourself is also generally a very selfish act, thus it "weighs down" a soul heavily. Although if you can fix your mind properly there is precedence for fasting till death or drowning yourself in a sacred river as a "good" act.

Of course, it's important to remember in the karmic school of thought that neither heaven nor hell is permanent, and that the real point is to get out of karma's grasp completely.

>>19323278
To be fair, did you buy your life? Did you make your life? Did you have some entitlement to life? Life was given to you, so why shouldn't that giver be able to set conditions on it? Vedas say similar, but word it that you have duty/dharma to your parents, to your society, to the gods, and that all of these must be repaid for a successful life.
>>
>>19323378
>Did you make your life?
Yeah, I was some cells that decided to swim to some other cell, then leech off my mother's body until I could transform into something strong enough to survive outside of the womb. I then continued to grow by consuming other forms of energy.

This is how the world actually works, not like you're fairytale. I'm not even a fedora but christcuckery is just illogical. You don't owe your life to some Jew in the sky, that's pure retardation.
>>
>>19323415
Even if you accept a purely materialistic basis for self, that's not how it works. You aren't "you" biologically until several months into a pregnancy, legally until after you are born, and psychologically you have no sense of self until you are over a year old.

You owe your parents for deciding to have sex, for deciding to not abort you, and for not killing you as an infant. You owe society for creating laws that protect your life and well-being for the formative years of your life. You owe the unaccountable twists of nature for not giving you an untenable life.
>>
No suicide is the most selfish thing you can do. He left 6 children fatherless. You may think no one will care if you die, but you really have no way of knowing that.
>>
>>19323244
Is this a pasta?
>>
Anon, talented people channel the source of all creation. Chester brought joy to the lives of many. Thus he changed the world for the better. Don't buy into all the bullshit in this thread. Just think if he had over dosed 20 years ago when he was unknown. LP would still have existed, although a lesser version. He was the heart of the band.
No worries. This life is an illusion.
>>
>>19323179
I don't need semite scribblings to reassure my conscience, thanks.
>>
The afterlife does exist, trust me, my dad used to work inside an Xbox.
>>
File: anon.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>19323140
>Believing in hell or heaven
>>
File: 1499213277629.png (860KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1499213277629.png
860KB, 1080x1920px
>>19323140
No, you aren't going to heaven because you killed that girl. Suicide only speeds up due process.

God is watching you.
>>
File: 1500608688205.jpg (4MB, 4049x5558px) Image search: [Google]
1500608688205.jpg
4MB, 4049x5558px
>>19323198
Honestly this is new to me too. Was raised (((Catholic))), so I wasn't really religious till recently
coldcasechristianity.com/2012/are-there-different-degrees-of-reward-in-heaven/
>>
>>19323179
Hold on, so an English translation of the bible produces pi just like the Hebrew?

Yeahhh yeahh okay.

Why do they keep trying to make the bible a magic book instead of how it was intended..to WAKE PEOPLE UP to the nature of reality?

I mean

>>19323236
wtf is a mortal sin?

Where is that in the bible anyway?

Just get gnosis, you will be much more useful to the human race that way
>>
>>19323140

Essentially, there is no afterlife, or more blunt - this is the afterlife.

You come to Earth to fulfill a mission, most people actually get distracted from their missions by the trappings of reality, and are 'asleep'.

The mission is usually to bring peace and love to the Earth, to raise it's vibration, as in the higher realities there is a war against archontic beings, the reptilians and grays who wish to keep humanity as cattle and study us to try to take our emotions and spirit.

When we leave this reality, the archons redirect our souls by telling us we have to go back to pay our karmic debts, so it's quite likely Linkin Park singer has just become a newborn baby.
>>
>>19323140
In all religons where afterlife is a thing suicide leading to punishment is universal.
>>
>>19323140
Whatever Chester did is between him and God now. At the very least he contributed much more to the world than any of these doom and gloom faggots replying to this thread.
>>
>>19323179 #
>Hold on, so an English translation of the bible produces pi just like the Hebrew?

>Why do they keep trying to make the bible a magic book instead of how it was intended..to WAKE PEOPLE UP to the nature of reality?

Not him but would you elaborate on these? The pi thing has piqued my interest.
>>
>>19324555
Nice trips
>>
>>19323140
God (Source, the All, the Universe) understands those in pain. He has unconditional love, especially for those who commit suicide.
He loves all beings. It is mankind's need to control others that makes suicide a "sin".
In truth, if you are experiencing so much pain that you wish to die, God would rather you come back and return to his love then spend your life suffering.
But saying suicide is "approved" would not be the right word. God wants you to be happy and to enjoy the life he has created for you. He does not bear hatred for you not wanting his gifts; on the contrary, he/she/it only feels pain and sadness that you were unable to enjoy your life to the fullest.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.