[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The tether incident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: tether.jpg (11KB, 247x139px) Image search: [Google]
tether.jpg
11KB, 247x139px
What the fuck happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-wYmFYb3I

Brief run down. They made a electromagnetic conductor tether that could catch magnetic waves from the earths magnetic sphere and the ionosphere. Doing this would create electricity. If the charge went into the opposite direction of the tether it could push the space station. AKA move the thing without using rocket fuel. Yeah magic free energy shit.

Now when they tested this thing it broke off because it got to much charge and then alien space ships seemed to surround it or it could just be debris.

So what happened? Did NASA figure out free space flight energy within say close orbit of the earth at least? Did aliens take notice and were like lols no you cant do that or good boy well done we just wanna observe?
>>
>>19322321
Bump for free energy
>>
Debris.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K77g72G1pak

Or UFOs disguised as debris.
>>
>>19322387
i dunno i think some could be memers checkin shit out

but the whole tether technology is a big deal regardless
>>
Afaik Tether propulsion has some research...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tether
>Ik, it's wikipedia but...
>>
>>19322321
It not free nigga, using our magnetic sphere to move anything slows down the rotation of earth's core, weakening our electromagnetic shield. You know what comes after that; Earth gets gammawaved by the Sun.
>>
>>19322481
Yeah this is sort of the shit i wanted to discuss.
>>
>>19322496
M8, either way, the highest limit energy source right now is the Sun, but our solar panel efficiency sucks dick. I honestly think if most of it is going to be lost as heat, we should harvest heat instead of light.

But I digress,
Either we realized we were fucking ourselves or aliens realized we were about to put the Earth in a microwave.

Past that, no idea.
>>
>>19322534
Just a question, if heat is energy, and it takes fuel or some sort of profess to create this energy, then isn't that a waste of resources? I legit,ately am asking and not trying to sound like a dick or smart ass.
>>
>>19322548
The "fuel" is the heat. Honestly, we as a people still work on the steam engine. Look up how a nuclear reactor works.

All we need is water to change into steam with heat fed into turbines, we don't do this yet, because not a lot is as efficient as the nuclear energy packed in Uranium. That's why scientists are trying to create nuclear fusion reactors, because it's basically a miniature Sun.

Anyone can sap energy from the electromagnetic field and through geothermal energy from Earth and not pay a cent to the electric company, but not everyone should, until we figure out how to do shit like this without killing ourselves by accident.
>>
>>19322481

Surely tho the spinning cores kinetic energy could be calculated and only a small portion tapped.
>>
>>19322599
Nice dubs, we wouldn't get a good amount of energy for a reliable amount of time. It would be more efficient to look for a permanent solution for our people as a whole, than to exploit a known temporary.

Now, if someone was planning on doing this to power there own house without letting anyone know, that'd be okay because then there won't be a public rush to suck the planet dry of its heat.

So it's good for a few people (depends on how much power they actually use tho), but I wouldn't advertise it IRL. It's what I'm going to power my patch of land out in the woods when I gather the scratch to build the system and buy the land.
>>
>>19322634
This is me
>>19322599
Actually, you gave me an idea. If we figure out how to increase the spin of the earth's core with energy from the Sun, we could effectively use our core as a conduit for geothermal and electromagnetic energy, then we wouldn't have to worry about how much we're tapping into. What I would check for is if someone already working on increasing the spin (doubt it), or if it's even feasible. But I'm to busy watching cat videos and eating pizza to care about energy crisis.
>>
>>19322321
So, the tether experiment is real

Tether propulsion is pseudoscience at best, and is poorly understood. I can tell you that such a device is not free energy, as it requires interaction with earth's magnetic field.

Using a metal wire to generate electricity is nothing new; using it in tether form on orbit is simply an application of Maxell's Equations. Every single electric generator works on the principle that moving a conductor though a magnetic field produces a net current. By unreeling a tether from the space shuttle, you drag a giant wire through the earth's field in the same way a small generator does.

This does produce a net charge; it also produces extra drag on the vehicle, since you're required to input work in order to get current out. In addition to that, it produces an INCREDIBLE voltage, which is why many of the tether experiments failed due to the wire burning though.

It's fascinating stuff, but it's just an application of the Biot-Savart law, noto free energy black magic.

Source: aerospace engineer at Lockheed Martin.
>>
>>19322676
increasing core spin may fuck with the tectonic plates aka more earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunamis and shit.
>>
>>19322713
Fuck man, we need jetsons style flying cities.
>>
>>19322683
> it also produces extra drag on the vehicle, since you're required to input work

how would they use the energy they get in some sort of reverse charge to propel the station?
>>
>>19322683
> it also produces extra drag on the vehicle, since you're required to input work

Magnetic drag? like this in space brah its a vacuum explain yourself

Source: Dickhead from Australia
>>
File: fake swarms.png (1MB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fake swarms.png
1MB, 3840x1080px
>>19322321
who the fuck is nasa trying to fool with that cut to live commentation of swarms. the tether should have coiled and not look stiff as a toothpick. discern it properly /x/. come on
>>
>>19322866
What are you inferring?

The tether could still have been gathering charge which would of created propulsion and made it straight.

Think like when you go to the science museum as a kid and static electricity makes your hair stand up straight.
>>
>>19322879
i don't know man, but one thing i am absolutely sure of is that the way the latter half of that video is, it is similar to what you see when you peer into a microscope. i don't know how they did it, but i cant believe that stiff toothpick like thing is the tether at all. I do believe in extraterrestrial beings.
>>
>>19322914
Ok well thats a wacky assumption because:

The supposed debris is circling and moving towards and away from the tether doesn't make sense.

It would just carry on with its trajectory when the tether snapped not hover around it weirdly. Unless the gravity of the tether caused the debris to form some sort of loose orbit of it. Which I am assuming didn't happen.

So then the only conclusion is the debris fucking about the tether is ufo's (probes) maybe.

Why would NASA fake a video of some stiff tether with debris not behaving correctly according to physics?

When they could of just shown the real image of the tether all bunched up coiled floating off into space.
>>
>>19322683
>By unreeling a tether from the space shuttle, you drag a giant wire through the earth's field in the same way a small generator does.

Why don't people do this on earth? Just have a big wire going up to power your house.
>>
>>19322683
Care to answer some of the questions brah?
>>
>>19322321
Bump
>>
>>19322954
Anon has a point though. It does absolutely look like what one sees with a microscope. But that would make sense right? Because the footage we see is being shot from Earth correct? So it's magnified. In 1996 with less than sophisticated tech by today's standards I'm assuming.
>>
>>19323133
Why you bumping bro
>>
>>19323210
I've looked under microscopes and its not the same brah

to me it was more like moths to a light bulb
>>
>>19323219
It's pretty similar. The footage is from the manned ship. Starts at about 2:12 they say 70 nautical miles away from the tether and its getting further away as time goes on. So I'm assuming at 80 miles away the footage is certainly magnified and distorted with the tech they had at the time. Still weird though the way that stuff moves.
>>
Is this the same footage where one of the objects does a spontaneous 90 degree angle turn? I think I saw it on TV once. Hard to spot because all the crap moving around.
>>
>>19323271
One object makes a pretty funky 90 degree turn
>>
>>19323219
The tether may have had a charge that created some sort of attractive field around it and interacted with the debris. I base this on absolutely nothing.
>>
>>19323352
Know at what time in the video? I feel like I've seen a video similar to this as well. The objects had the exact same shape. It had the astronauts commenting on what the saw and they referred to the objects as "others" or something like that.
>>
>>19323409
>I base this on absolutely nothing.

Yeah i was thinking maybe gravity but could be some sort of charge or something
>>
>>19323451
sometimes they call them fastwalkers or slowwalkers

they see em buzzing the moon or the earths atmosphere
>>
>>19323496
Interesting. The video I seen they definitely were using a code word for what they saw. Talking about it nonchalantly but clearly it was something odd. I think it may have just been Nasa audio played over OPs video.
>>
>>19322321
Fake and gay. A literal nothing incident snatched up and sensationalized by Fox for the sake of good television programming. I bought it hook line and sinker as a kid and always thought it literally was the best evidence caught on tape, until I dug up the raw video for a friend and was embarrassed by how mundane it actually is.

Particles and debris that look blown up out of context. Nothing more.
>>
>>19323577
>The video I seen they definitely were using a code word for what they saw.

It's called obfuscation
>Obfuscation is the obscuring of the intended meaning of communication by making the message difficult to understand, usually with confusing and ambiguous language.
>>
>>19323591
ok but what about the expirement? Is that not interesting?
>>
>>19323597
This is honestly the first I've heard of that aspect. I had thought it was a simple tether connecting the ship and some other equipment and it just snapped.
>>
>>19323611
Its an unusual meme and mr lockheed >>19322683 hasn't explained why NASA would even do such a thing if we would inevitable microwave the earth if everyone did such a thing in space

or maybe he is dismissing the experiment even occurred

but alas he is a shill posting a "set and forget post"
>>
>>19323595
Ok. So they didn't use the clear and recognizable term Ufo. They were still talking about 'something' outside their craft that obviously had everyone on the alert.
>>
>>19323682
Yeah so instead of saying

HOLY SHIT BALLS I JUST SAW AN ALIUM AND SHIT WHERE ALL GUNNA DIE GODS NOT REAL WWEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW

they said gee "thats a fast walker on the atmosphere NASA"
>>
ayy lmao seal of approval
>>
>>19323701
>they said gee "thats a fast walker on the atmosphere NASA"

Damn when you say it like that it may have been exactly what I was referring to. Where the vid at my guy?
>>
>>19322481
>using our magnetic sphere to move anything slows down the rotation of earth's core

Maybe if the ship was the size of Africa
>>
>>19322321

No changes in direction. Just debris
>>
>>19324019
Why do they all look like doughnuts with a bite taken out of it? What are the odds that this swarm of debris would have no visible collision with the tether itself or the other debris?
>>
>>19324056
Space is fucking huge, the odds that debris wouldn't hit anything are far greater than them hitting something or each other.
>>
>>19322861
>Magnetic drag? like this in space brah its a vacuum explain yourself
There is atmospheric drag until 200km of altitude.
>>
File: thomas_moray.jpg (29KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
thomas_moray.jpg
29KB, 500x355px
>>19322321
I heard about this like 20 years ago. They said that it produced 1000x more energy than they were expecting which caused the tether to overheat, melt, and then break. For some reason they never tried it again. It could all just be rumors.
>>
>>19322861
Ever notice how spinning a generator takes effort? You are trading kinetic energy for electric energy.

Same deal here. You bleed orbital velocity and you get electricity in return.

Considering reaction mass is a lot more valuable this entire system sounds like a cool concept but not useful in most situations.
Better just put a nuclear generator on board.
>>
>>19324209
What is the origin of the debris? Why are they coming from all different directions?
>>
>>19322781
Electric propulsion is being actively studied at Marshall Space Flight Center in AL, I've seen the test stands. However, unless you're using the Hall Effect like the Dawn spacecraft does, you can't turn electricity into propulsion. You need to have something for the spacecraft to punt out the back in order to have a net thrust, according to Newton's 3rd law. Hall Effect thrusters accomplish this by ionizing xenon.

>>19322861
Yep, magnetic drag. Imagine pushing a bar magnet against the like pole of another magnet. You get resistance, right? It's the same principle. And also of note is the fact that space is not a total vacuum, especially in Low-Earth-Orbit; there's no hard "boundary" between our atmosphere and space. Molecules of air still manage to float around up there, especially of they've been excited by solar activity. This is the main reason for decaying orbits, and also why the ISS needs to be periodically boosted to counteract the drag. It may be just a few air molecules up there at a time, but at the speeds of orbital velocity, it adds up.

>>19323040
Firstly, the ionosphere is much higher up than the altitudes that most humans live in. Secondly, the atmosphere moves relatively slowly to the surface of the earth. When you're traveling at 17500 mph, you move a lot more charge a lot faster.
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>19322321

BBP's(Black Budget Projects) range from Reverse Engineered Aircraft to FEM(Free Energy Machines) to things like Super Soldiers.

[Did threads on this: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/]

Aliens like to Watch, which is why they used Drones & Older Model Ships/Craft.(They are sometimes purposely crashed and/or made to get shot down).
>>
>>19323121
See above.

>>19323643
Sorry that I have a life outside of memeposting on /x/. I'm not sure what you mean by this? It's not like everyone can unreal a 20km tether from their houses to power them, for reasons I've already discussed. The reason that NASA et. al don't choose to use this method is that it's pretty fucking hard. Almost every time they've tried to do a mission involving a tether, there's usually a problem. Unreeling 20km worth of cable on the ground is not a trivial task, much less on orbit. I imagine as more inventive startup companies like SpaceX get into the game, we'll be seeing these things again.
>>
>>19325181
nobody likes your picture
>>
>>19325181
Free energy is simply not possible according to our current understanding of the laws of thermodynamics. Processes can be adiabatic and isentropic on the microscopic scale, and I'm talking Planck length scales here, but the net entropy of the system will always increase. Absolutely zero mechanisms exist to explain free energy.
>>
Is it true that this footage was taken 4 days after the tether broke? Something like they had to orbit back around to see it. If so, why would there still be debris flying in all directions from a seemingly unknown source?
>>
>>19322914
It does look like something under a microscope. My thoughts as well.
>>
>>19325181
Unrelated but I saw you mentioning autism in males being caused by chemicals in an archived thread. Can you expand on that?
What types of chemicals? Meds? Food?
Can this be acquired at any age?
Can this be reversed or is it just like FLD in women?
Any leads into this would be great. I have an extensive biomedical foundation to begin looking into this. Appreciate your efforts and I'm looking forward to your next KB
>>
>>19324019
>>19324209
A couple of them do indeed change directions. You can find videos on this. So it's either collisions, intelligent craft, or the tether effecting the "debris".

If the debris come from the same source, or a multitude of sources (the part of the tether that broke) they would be on a similar trajectory making collision much more likely, correct? However we do not observe this. There's virtually no collision with the tether or other debris.

Some of the debris are seen to pass under the tether and still appear very large in comparison to other debris. How is this explained? They cannot be closer if they pass under the tether. So they must be massive in size. The tether already being quite large, how do we explain debris that appear to be significantly larger in diameter passing under it?
>>
>>19323210
You've literally looked under a microscope once in middle school if you believe that's what microscopic images/slides look like.
>>
>>19325292
Fine. Who cares about that. Lots of legit questions in this thread your ignoring.

Is there just a bunch of shit flying around in space in all different directions? Why does the tether appear mostly stationary?
>>
File: 187_1003705_americas_dxm.png (1MB, 1041x1041px) Image search: [Google]
187_1003705_americas_dxm.png
1MB, 1041x1041px
If there are so many debris in the Earth's orbit (alleged space junk) where is it in the Nasa photos? Where is it in the first part of OPs video? Why can it not be seen close up and in better detail in the footage? How is it that a person can zoom a high powered camera to the moon today, see it in detail but not be littered with debris?
>>
File: Pyramidz.jpg (159KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramidz.jpg
159KB, 1000x667px
>>19325255

1) Different Chemicals react with each-other. So it's not just a sole chemical and/or program/method(such as vaccines) that are doing it. This is how bigger Softkill & Social Engineering programs are done.

Chemical A is in Food X, Chemical B is in Drink Y, Chemical C is in Product Z, Chemical D is in Vaccine W and so on and so on.

2) During Developmental/Growth/Maturity stages is where People are vulnerable. Damage them before/during a certain Age & they will become Slaves.

3) Autism(Modification of/to the Male Brain) & Frontal Lobe Damage/Disorder(Damage of/to the Female Brain) both cannot be reversed, however Autism changes as the person Ages & has more "variance" in individual cases.
>>
https://youtu.be/JmVt92d5bd4

How the in the world is it that we cannot see this from the planet? Would the sun not illuminate these objects and cause visible reflections? Why animations and never actual footage / pictures of the "space junk"?
>>
>>19325478
It's tiny shit. The white dots are not to scale
>>
>>19325425
Because every earth pic is a fucking composite
>>
>>19322321
It's not free propulsion. Electricity has to be pumped into the tether to use it for thrust, so it needs solar panels or another power source. You're seeing debris from the break.
>>
>>19322914
Tether is in gravity gradient, of course it is stretched out straight.
>>19322954
It's circling because of electrostatic effects holding the debris in place. Very weak interactions have crazy results in zero gravity.
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 686x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 686x1936px
>>19322321
Sceptics can explain away the floaters as debris, ice, or even cosmic rays / radiation that effects the camera. But, I find the Russian probe incident much harder to explain away.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.