[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Secret Teachings of All Ages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: index.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
Before I read this, is this book going to try to purport that there is some sort of common truth across all mysticism and teachings?

Is it basically, the Secret TEACHING of all Ages, or does it talk about differences?
>>
>>19322294
It does address issues and differences between various secret sects across the ages
Also, it says Teachings, not teaching
>>
Please, whatever you do, don't buy that edition.
Seriously.

I'm reading it, now I'm at the 7th chapter I think, really enjoying it so far.
What is recommended to read afterwards?
>>
>>19322343

Books on whatever subjects got your dick hard. General purpose tho, find something with visualization exercises (Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics is good solely for its exercises and he has some good condensers, but feel free to disregard the rest of his shit) to get your mind swole, and take up daily yoga or qigong practice. Eight Piece Brocade is fairly good starter if you wanna go qigong route.
>>
>>19322464
Thanks for the reply, anon.
Have a good day.
>>
>>19322464
>Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics is good solely for its exercises and he has some good condensers, but feel free to disregard the rest of his shit

This advice, great advice.
>>
>>19322294
You are for the most part correct. He basically says that western esotericism began with the Mysteries of ancient Greece, and that these were first taught in Egypt and farther east (India, China, Tibet, etc.) Futhermore, he expresses that the Bible and Greek myths are veiled instances of this knowledge. This takes up a large part of the text, but he also introduces alchemy, kabbalah, invocation, and the symbolism of the three kingdoms: mineral, vegetable, and animal.

It's a great introduction to more in depth works. Keep in mind that he never outright reveals the secret teaching. That is only revealed by reading many esoteric texts (often between the lines).
>>
>>19322343
>Please, whatever you do, don't buy that edition.
>Seriously.
which edition should one get?
>>
>>19322294
just check out his lectures on jewtube.

eventually hes gonna go into atlantis, and magnetic fields , freemasonry an history is where you should be investigating
>>
>>19323746
This. So many people sperg out over alchemy and chaos magick before even having any context of magical theory or practice, much less the heavy philosophy intertwined between them and history. MPH lectures are as invaluable a gift to a beginning magick practitioner as the Library of Solomon is here.

No edginess
No charlatanism
No join subscribe to my sect
Just serious, learned perspective.
>>
>>19323746
>>19324006
Recommended series of lectures to start with by Manly Hall?
Recommended order of series?
link?
>>
>>19322584
can you give an example of "reading between the lines"?
>>
File: 1494238767495.jpg (357KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494238767495.jpg
357KB, 780x1200px
>>19324495
>>19322343
Picture related, you can skip some books obviously but personally I found especially the first row of books to be essentials before diving deeper into the topic.

Start out with the Kybalion or Promotheus rising and then move to Manly P. Hall (do teachings before Lectures on Ancient Philosophy).

If you plan on getting into the topic on a deeper level then I would recommend being on the outlook for nice versions of those books whenever. Check ebay or your local used bookstores and if you can get your hands on a cheap and old copy of one then go for it.
>>
>>19324504
Good list, missing Morals and Dogma though.

I'd recommend anyone interested in the occult to get a firm understanding of symbolism. Symbolism is the cornerstone to everything, especially astrology and alchemy.
>>
>>19324532
>missing Morals and Dogma though.

I'm looking at purchasing a copy of Morals and Dogma.

Are there any major differences between copies from different decades (lets say 1940 to 1960) or do I not need to worry about that?
>>
>>19322294
buy it for me?
>>
>>19324532
Any recommended resources for learning about symbolism?
>>
>>19322596
The online version of the book found at sacred texts is alright because you can see the images (and description related to that chapter topic) in a decent quality. The cheaper books dont have them.
>>
>>19326763
Hey anon I gotchu desu
>>
>>19324504
I actually started this chart by reading the Gnostic gospels because i'm honestly a complete newfag to that stuff with no idea. The book is really fucking great, very interesting,easy to read, and great for entery level people who have no idea about Gnosticism
>>
>>19327781
Look up some Israel Regardie books: "A Garden of Pomegranates" is a good start for Kabbalah symbolism. He also wrote "The Golden Dawn". It's full of symbolism, but it can be a difficult read. Also, "Self-initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition" by Chic and Tabitha Cicero (students of Regardie) is full of symbolism.
>>
>>19328033
Make sure you read some books on the different sects they might have belonged to.
>>
>>19322464
>>19324504
The other Franz Bardon works are pretty good too.
>>
>>19327781
yes, the dictionaries by Cirlot or Chevalier (Penguin) are excellent, perhaps the best there are. Cirlot is available online, Chevalier only in French, the English hans;t been uploaded yet. Otherwise find the PDF of the Secret Language of Symbols online.
>>
>>19328065
>>19328425
Thank you
>>
I'll also recommend (as general outlines and illustrated histories) Kurt Seligmann's History of Magic and Grillot de Givry's Witchcraft Alchemy and Magic. available online.
>>
File: 1498239773909.png (289KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498239773909.png
289KB, 312x400px
>>19328352
what do you mean? Sorry im pretty slow lol
>>
>>19322464
His "theories" of etheric fluid happen to directly contradict Hermetic teachings. I would take his "condensers" with a grain of salt.
>>
>>19322294
nkn
>>
>>19330227
???
>>
>>19322464
>>19322522

What's wrong with Bardon? Seems like his practices are pretty straight forward and emphasize results over pure theory.
>>
>>19322294
I would also add that the book's information and the widening of one's views and concepts of philosophy should be applied to your everyday life. It is in how you perceive the information, stimuli, energy around you that unlocks the "secret" patterns between all things.

This exact book got me started. Your life will change dramatically if you open your mind and allow it.
>>
>>19322294
Just youtube and tubemate the audiobook.
There is more of M.H. to find
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.