[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weaponized suicide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0697.jpg (117KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697.jpg
117KB, 630x354px
Is the suicide rate going up, and is some outside interference causing it? Not just celebrities, but six of my friends and acquaintances have either offed themselves or attempted it since March.

What the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>19321850
Suicide should be democratised and easily accessible desu.
>>
>>19321895
>>
I want to die.
>>
>>19321850
codename: yung podesta
>>
Social media, no one is prepared for the constant information, I've lost all of my "friends" because I don't talk to them daily, it's so stupid but at the same time so scary knowing that everyone is so hungry for attention.
>>
>>19321850
RIP Chester Bennington. Now "In the end" your body is "Numb" but you have "No more sorrow". "Breaking the Habit" was difficult for you but you were always "One step closer". Your voice will be always "Crawling" on me "From the Inside" till the day I "Bleed it Out" and "Faint".
>>
>>19321850
Same...
Lots of young people lost hope...
Without God as a failsafe many of the types of people who turned to him for comfort...
Can't survive without the idea of a man in the sky watching out for you to be alright...
>>
>>19321850
Side effects of capitalism, something's the ideologs kept ignoring.
>>
Overpopulation. If we can not afford to keep the extras motivated enough to survive, it really shows how overwhelmed we are by our own species.

I feel the need to add "the extras" isn't referring to a specific group, but just the fact that there are more people than we, the same people, can account for.
>>
>>19321917
What scares me is the thing that goes with it where if you two don't follow each other on a certain, specific site. You aren't friends.
>>
Oldfag here. Things move too fast now. Even in the early 2000s memes (in the classical sense) and news would hang around more than a day. Now people (criminals and politicians alike) can do something horrible and KNOW it'll be forgotten in under a week. People don't have the patience anymore.
>>
File: 1487873163631.jpg (53KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1487873163631.jpg
53KB, 500x333px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x18jzMAShps
>>
OP here, these are some sound theories. It's just sort of jarring how I suddenly noticed suicides happening all over the place. Almost got me tinfoil hat level. I even had a dream it was leaked that US government was testing out some chemtrail vapor that turned out to have a side effect which causes certain people to suddenly kill themselves, The Happening-style.

>>19322108
What the fuck?
>>
>>19321850
Its definitely way more prominent than I think it used to be in the younger generations. I'm 20 now and 60% at least of my friends throughout high school/college have expressed some kinds of thoughts of suicide. I'm friends with a lot of edgy/overemotional people but even the well adjusted, normal ones have suicidal thoughts more often than you would think.

I don't think its a conspiracy or anything we just live in a really negative time. Churches are falling out of favor, which even if you don't believe in god/religion, made people happier and feel more loved/wanted. It also encouraged stronger families, which is pretty imprtant to kids feeling wanted/useful.

College tuition/board is astronomically higher than it has been in the past with little increase in income and only an increase know scholarships if you're part of the chosen 30% of the population that fills quotas.

On top of that depending on your political affiliation you generally fall into one of two depressing categories, either people call you a nazi/whatever-ist and tell you that you should be killed, or you get all of your news from places that are telling you that the government hates you and is going to kill everyone you love.

I don't have anything helpful to say, just observations from someone that knows a lot of suicidal kids that don't have anywhere to go for help. I've personally talked a couple people down from the metaphorical edge. I think whats really going on is people just don't feel loved these days.
>>
>>19321850
lol fucking normie
>>
>>19322205
I am transcended above your stupid labels. I work, I recycle, I watch sniff videos, I fap to images of chicks with appendectomy scars. Get on my level.
>>
>>19322221
*snuff videos
>>
>>19322144

>people just don't feel loved these days

It's because they don't know what love is, you see people taking photos together, posting them on social media, commenting and giving/receiving likes/retweets/shares/comments, and that's all they do, they seek acceptance from complete strangers, they believe "looking cute together" is indicative of a good relationship, a group of friends turned against me because I kept leaving their chat groups, I strongly believe they were expecting an apology or an explanation but I didn't give them any so they started talking shit about me, it was spam, memes and emojis every second after someone commented, it was tiring.

I can't imagine how awful and empty they must feel to try and fill the void with that kind of crap.
>>
>>19321850
Yes something is definitely going on. Ive been late for work so many times this year because of people leaping infront of trains. Im not kidding, for some reason suicide is up atleast in my part of the world.
>>
>>19322059
>>19322067

I've noticed that people that obsess over that crap are people that got into the internet after it exploded, of course there are others that are just weak minded, but the trends phasing in an out so quickly must be fucking with people's minds.
>>
>>19322277
That's how one of my acquaintances went.
>>
>>19322263
I used to think that that opinion was pretty autistic. That social media wasn't harmful and it was all "old people nonsense" that it was so harmful but you're right.

The social media culture of today reprograms people so they don't know what being loved is, and they think that its attention on the internet. But the attention from the internet doesn't feel like love either, so these kids end up in a limbo where they're chasing acceptance from something that can't give it.
>>
>>19321850
Everything is costing more and the job market is shit. Plus peoples addiction to electronics and not going outside is a breeding ground for depression. You all need a bit of sun and fresh air in your lives people!
>>
>>19321955
So true, all hail the undead savior!
>>
>>19321895
>democratised
what? please elaborate on this?
>easily accessible
it is, theres litterally a million ways
>>
There really isn't anything spooky going on here desu. This discussion is brought up everytime someone prominent or someone of importance to yourself dies by suicide.
My school always had a crisis when a student would do it. The thing is people commit suicide every day but it's the ones who matter to you who make you really stop and look at what's going on.
Mental illness plays a big part of it and mental illness is vastly misunderstood.
We know more about our galaxy than we do our oceans, and more about our oceans than the human brain.
So what hope do we as ill-equipped human beings have against faulty wiring that insists on self-destructing?
Economy, society, social media, government, religion etc etc... is all secondary to mental health. These things may affect your mental health but ultimately it's your mental health and stability that affects the way you see the world.
And some people are just born to the world in a terribly negative way.
It's not their fault, it just happens.
>>
>>19322347
born to see* the world
>>
social acceptance. used to be if you an hero you wouldn't be buried properly with the rites you needed for heaven so no only would you be condemned to eternal despair, they'd bury you on busy streets so if you wanted to haunt you would be confused and lost in traffic.
it was common with death penalty for attempted suicide because it was seen as an insult to god, nation and family.
now you're the victim if you kill yourself.
basically just a shift in opinion on whether you're the victim who dies or the murderer who kills.
>>
>>19322142
I would actually believe this. Maybe some kind of population-controlling chemical that had the side effect of ruining certain people's mental health.
>>
>>19322277
are you from brazil?
>>
You may be on to something. I've had a strange amount of friends come to the brink lately that had to be talked down and then another who did it. Something isn't right.
>>
el es un m k ultra
>>
>>19322067
Old fag here too. When I came back home after being away for 4-5 years people that wouldn't even smoke pot in high school were dead from ODing on methadone and Xanax, like 20 of them. There was also the same woman present at about 5 of their deaths, we called her the black widow and she is still alive last I heard so the count is probably higher. I don't know if overdosing counts as suicide, but it says something about the level of despair even in the late 90s early 00s.
>>
>>19321943
Were you being ironic or are you this much of a fag?
>>
>>19321912
You certainly wouldn't be missed, you fuckface namefag
>>
>>19322224
Aw man I thought you had access to some esoteric smell-o-vision video watching technology
>>
Pretty obvious what the problem is.

It's the internet. Or rather - what the internet has become.

It didnt have to be this way. The internet used to be fun and lighthearted, it was an escape.

But no. We had to go and make the internet just like real life - as in stressful and depressing. Fuck.

We can even unplug either because its practically essential unless you want to be an outcast hermit living under a rock.
>>
>>19321850
>What the fuck is going on here?

It's what happens when you raise a generation of PUSSIES.

When you coddle kids for being "bullied", when you coddle young adults for being attacked by "insensitive and racist" remarks, when you coddle the weak by telling them they are "strong", reality eventually rears its ugly head and kicks them righteously in the teeth.
>>
>>19322950
This is pretty much true. The world is shit and always has been. Life is hard for most people and unless you're equipped to deal with it or don't want to adapt to it you're fucked. Suicide is just an easy way out of it all. People would rather kill themselves and opt out of any responsibility for a void of nothingness. Or worst case scenario you're reincarnated into an even shittier life to learn your lesson the hard way.
>>
>>19322645
>remove tripfags
>>
Many posters here have touched on some key points.

One thing that we have to consider is the vast amount of huge life impacting decisions that we have to make about our lives that didn't exist even 100 to 200 years ago. At a young age we're made to feel like we're expected to choose a life path, a school to attend, a subject to study, a city to live in, a career, a spouse, and many others.

Life wasn't always like that. For generations the choice you had was either do what your father did or become a soldier. Sometimes you'd get pick one of the three girls that are around your age in the village to marry and if you were smart you'd pick the one that could cook the best. Most of the time that person was chosen for you though.

Things got worse when started to create media like movies and tv shows that crammed a false idea in our heads of what an ideal life should look like. We started to feel depressed if we didn't have that big house, with the beautiful wife, while working our dream job. Fairy tale ideas have been romanticized so much that we think our relationships are failures if they don't go like they do in the movies.

And to step it up even further we now have social media. So now we can measure ourselves against the people who grew up around us in similar conditions and see who did it best.

All of this equals loads and loads and loads of pressure that we aren't actually designed to handle.
>>
Honestly everyone goes online to try and escape the bad things in there life, but now people have turned the internet into something stressful. Where other people go to complain about there problems and hope that someone thinks the same or feels sorry for them. People are getting taught to be as sad and depressing as possible to get "support" and that can some how make them feel better. Sadly this is the direction that people are going and it makes zero sense to me
>>
>>19323223

Not only that but psychology (specifically evolutionary psychology) is making a lot of progress and it is easy to determine someone's pathology based on his experience. Knowing that he has been abused as a child and that we know now there is a correlation between being abused and perpetrating the crime, he might have felt like the best option was to eliminate himself as to not cause harm. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to deal with this kind of dilemma daily. Also knowing that he had 6 children might have encouraged his decision.

Sometimes I feel like psychology is only pushing in a way that it wants to determine whether or not someone should be part of the gene pool. This is incredibly deterministic and depressing since depression could be translated as not being able to see a future for yourself.

What's the point of living if there is scientific evidence that it would be better for everybody if you were dead?
>>
>>19321895
Why? So the elite can make MORE money?
Fuck off.
>>
>>19321912
And the more you want to die, the more people want you to die. It's an endless cycle of pain.
>>
>>19323361
>plays the "correlation doesn't equal causation" card
>>
>>19323437
You're right, but it's easy to believe in determinism when you're depressed.
>>
http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm
>>
File: berndard.png (204KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
berndard.png
204KB, 500x293px
I dont know, im a person who has been alone his whole life, was always a loser, never had a gf or a job. For some reason i cant bring myself to kill myself. I think i have grown a hard shell. I see these successful people killing themselves and im like, you fucker, lets trade places. You can be the neet agoraphobic that live in a room that has the paint peeling off the walls and hasn't talked to anyone outside of his family in years.
I went mad a long time ago, but that going boring.
This is my element now, ive been institutionalized to being a mentally ill shut in.

I do find it curious how cornell, and now linken park guy killed themselves recently

linken park guy even killed himself on cornells birthday.
>>
also why are you taking about drug od's.
Dude hung himself.

There is a big opioide epidemic going on, guess where all the heroin comes from, Afghanistan. Guess who is probably dealing it to their own people to make money.
COUGH cia COUGH
>>
>>19323529
They are under more pressure, stress and criticism than someone hiding in a basement that's for sure.
>>
This is an atomized society, it used to be held together by blood and culture, then it was destroyed by globalism which turned every country into a third world shithole/ shopping mall.
Now the country is held together by money.

What people lack in their lives is structure, friendship, love, religion, tradition, family, culture, community. A reason to live for beyond buying fidget spinners.

The liberals got their way, we are all interchangeable cogs in a machine, not a nation, here to make the capitalists more money and to to consume, consume, consume.

Which has led to a mass anomie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomie

Anomie (/ˈænəˌmi/) is a "condition in which society provides little moral guidance to individuals".[1] It is the breakdown of social bonds between an individual and the community, e.g., under unruly scenarios resulting in fragmentation of social identity and rejection of self-regulatory values

Fyodor Dostoyevsky expressed a similar concern about anomie in his novel The Brothers Karamazov. The Grand Inquisitor remarks that in the absence of God and immortal life, everything would be lawful.[15] In other words, that any act becomes thinkable, that there is no moral compass, which leads to apathy and detachment.
>>
Now only if there was some way to scare someone into an insomnia seizure cycle.

> I can't sleep because I'm afraid of having a seizure.
> The longer I don't sleep the more severe the seizure.

All it takes is a little bit of politics these days.
>>
>>19321850
People that come to /x/ tend to have poor mental health. People with poor mental health tend to congregate. Obviously it is jewish mk ultra programming to thin the herd of useless eaters as automation renders them no longer economically viable.
>>
OMG this is so true. I was watching 13 reasons on Netflix because suicide and OP nailed it. Way to go bruv!
>>
lack of religion/spirituality i guess. but also the high pressure from society. i believe we've reached a point in civilization where standards are just too high. i mean, my grandma grew up on a farm with 7 siblings she took care of, dropped out of school about 12 years old and yet she managed to build a house with my grandpa and live a comfortable life. with that kind of education today you probably can't even work as a garbage man.
>>
The disparity of trying to find meaning in nothing since nothing is all there was, and nothing is all there will be.

At some point, nothing becomes everything and that's as far as I got.
>>
File: FY0unTh.jpg (62KB, 1024x805px) Image search: [Google]
FY0unTh.jpg
62KB, 1024x805px
>>19321850
he killed himself in the name of Moloch or whatever new deity the Elite are now worshiping for him to get more power. This is why there were so many celebrity deaths last year, to give Moloch power to help Hilary win but Kek proved too powerful.
Expect to see more celebrity suicides in the future
>>
>>19322346

>what? please elaborate on this?

I think he is suggesting the community vote on wether or not a suicidal can off himself.
>>
Families blame '13 Reasons Why' for 2 teens' suicides
https://archive.is/LI4iG

Daughter's suicide linked to 'Blue Whale Challenge,' mom says
https://archive.is/bNBz1

Something seems very wrong. The subversive media seems to be trying to get people to give up hope, or even just give in to suicide. What the hell is going on? What is the endgame?
>>
The energy in the world has shifted. The veil is lifting. Some people can't take it. Need to be still...within. Not too much longer now...
>>
>>19323908
Media just perpetuates the positive reinforcement of a victim mentality. Is the endgame to push potentially suicidal (non conforming or revolutionary people) over the edge?
>>
>>19322263
I'm sure that's part of it, but I also think that people in general are just really vicious, competitive, and merciless. I think that's particularly evident in matters of sexuality. I've found that I'm not really interested in monogamy right now, but I've also found that hookup culture is too cold, so I don't know what the hell to do.
>>
>>19322950
I can see that being a large part of it
>>
Who is to say that what comes after life is 'easy?' Have any of you ever tried suicide? How would you know it's easier than going on living if you haven't? I see a lot of people here making assertions that are incredibly arrogant. Even if you do go on living you die in the end. You are just a corpse in the ground like everyone else who took their life.. You are no better than them.
>>
>>19323083
Or worser than that you're damned to an eternity of hellfire.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.