[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gods and Thoughtforms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Yog-sothoth-50595.jpg (31KB, 480x601px) Image search: [Google]
Yog-sothoth-50595.jpg
31KB, 480x601px
Aren't gods just powerful egregores? Or am I mistaken on the definition of an egregore? From my experience, I have understood an egregore to be a being that is dependent on other beings or circumstances to exist. I have been trying to delve into the concepts of thoughtforms and their hierarchies, but it has been a bit hard to understand fully.
>>
>>19320009
Concepts have no life. When you name and give personality to a concept by itself, that isn't changed. However concepts ARE real. They are shapes. Some of them we recognize, some we can't, but we try to. And that's what leads us to these great concepts of gods, and what resulted in generating the thoughforms. When there is a shape there is a way to fill it, and our minds being influenced by powerful concepts such as these, seems almost as if we were and are unconsciously trying to fill the void. The enormous vacuum of the concepts is what attracts us(and may one day eat us as we become one with them)

However we might not be the only things that can fill that vacuum, just remember that. Were we not in flesh and bone we might have been something else's thoughtforms.

So in conclusion I'd say the gods are more the concepts themselves than what fills them, so no they aren't inherently egregores.
>>
>>19320144
Thank you very much for your input. Definitely more informative of a response than I thought I was going to get. So, with this concept of nature being personified and embodied through our projections, would you say that the concepts these deities represent are the true godforms, or are the deities themselves godforms that exist independently as the concepts themselves do?

Sorry if that sounds stupid or confusing. I'm just trying to gain clarity or a better understanding of this school of thought without getting flamed
>>
>>19320234
nevermind. I remembered you saying that concepts have no life, so that already answers my question for the most part.
>>
>>19320009

A god / egregore / concept doesn't have to be 'real' in a measurable, euclidean way to have a really huge, measurable impact on the euclidean world.

Every 'idea/concept/whatever', whether it's the idea for soup, the god you pray to or the chair you're sitting in all was either a) already within the mind, unable to be tapped or b), exists outside the mind, waiting to be 'called upon' by someone. Either way, you either already know everything you don't know right now, you just don't know how to know it, or you don't know everything, but you know that you can know everything if you just decide what it is you want to know and ask / wait for that 'flash' of inspiration. Internal / external doesn't make a huge difference, it's magic either way.

Now if a god / thoughtform is dependent upon followers, you basically now have a 'if there's no one around to pray to god, does he even exist?' version of that bhuddist riddle.
>>
I think its more like a god is a giant grouping of peoples wants and needs that take shape into an energy form which in time turns into a servitor or egregore which then feeds on the wants and needs of people until it can influence the physical world then when people start to recognize what this thing is doing and finally it gets some worshippers it will eventually turn into a god with enough influence. but this is more of my theory rather than an actual researched idea.
>>
File: Christos.jpg (54KB, 564x704px) Image search: [Google]
Christos.jpg
54KB, 564x704px
As a rule, if it requires, demands or expects worship it isn't divine, it's a parasite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsHvvYw3sA
>>
File: Tyrion-Lannister.jpg (599KB, 1900x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion-Lannister.jpg
599KB, 1900x1050px
>>19321358

"I wanna, I wanna, I wanna be a dwarf!"
>>
>>19320009
The Gods are eternal beings. We are mere specks in comparison to them.

Our understanding of existence and the power to change it, is nothing compared to what an actual God is capable of.

This is not a popular concept with people that began studying magic due to their own sense of powerlessness.
>>
>>19321340
what is worship? what is humanity
>>
>>19321340
We do not make the rules, anon.

Some Gods demand, while others do not. Who said a God could not be or act as a parasite?
>>
File: Have a nice day.jpg (65KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
Have a nice day.jpg
65KB, 495x720px
>>19321425

>We do not make the rules, anon.

Rules are for other people.

>Some Gods demand, while others do not. Who said a God could not be or act as a parasite?

Who said? People did, fuck them.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYyHYsl5po
>>
parasites lmao stargate command just came to mind :)
>>
>>19321483

https://youtu.be/PoWgb-zvUVM
>>
>>19321476
>Rules are for other people.
If you say so, mighty one...

>People did, fuck them.
People say lots of things, especially when they feel vulnerable and insecure.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.