[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASTRAL PROJECTION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: astralprojearth.jpg (24KB, 408x500px) Image search: [Google]
astralprojearth.jpg
24KB, 408x500px
What is the best way to astral project if you have never done it before?? Today I laid on my back with my eyes closed and envisioned a giant golden rope of light flowing the energy of the divine into my body through my chest. I didn't really feel like I was moving my astral body at all, maybe a little bit in my fingers, but hardly. Concentrating on the light wasn't that hard but I didn't do it for very long because I was on my floor and my back started to hurt.

When I opened my eyes; I saw a very quick and very strange flash of darkness. It looked like a frozen puddle that got stomped on and filled with cracks; like shattered glass, but it was pure black.

Is this just my eyes being strained from concentrating hard on something while they were closed, Or was this I sign I was getting close to the Astral world? Could anyone point me to the best astral projection method to start out with? And could I get some pointers?
>>
This is the way I was finally able to start astral projecting. Lay in bed flat on your back make sure you are warm and have a full stomach. You have to get your mind to meditate down to one single thread of thought just enough to keep yourself aware. Your body will fall asleep at this point. The trick is to keep your mind awake which will be difficult at first you may fall asleep the first several times. Now at this point your entire body will begin to vibrate. Try not to get too excited or you will pull out of this state and snap back. Now comes the hardest part. The astral body does not like to leave the physical body I've found the best Method of separation to be the roll out technique. I roll out of my body and then thrust away as fast as I can. You will feel a rubber band effect trying to snap you back into your body. You will most likely be suffering from astral blindness at this point as well do not worry though. You will gain sight once you are far enough away. Once your vision is into focus look at your hands. This always helps me gain control. Now you only have a short time here so make the most of it. I will stick around for questions for a little bit.
>>
>>19319294
I take it you've left and probably won't answer questions, but fuck it... What should that one thread of thought be?? Would visualizing the golden light be good?? I have serious A.D.D. so it needs to be something effective.

And how does one stay in Astral form for more than a few moments? How would I go about increasing the time I can stay out of my body?? I want to Fly around town!! And see the Elemental Realms!!!
>>
>>19319244
>round earth
And I thought you were red pilled.
>>
>>19319294
what about music. would you recommend having some nice tones in your ears while putting your body asleep?
>>
>>19319294
Damn; I repeatedly rolled out of my bed a year or two back and kept snapping back to my body when I thought I was just lucid dreaming. You're telling me I almost astral projected? Fuck me.
>>
>>19319244
i smoked some weed once and i literally had an out of body experience

shit's real i was in another plane of existence
>>
>>19320347
From Weed?? What exactly happened? And what did you see?
>>
>>19319244
>What is the best way to astral project if you have never done it before?
Start a dream journal.

Do reality checks throughout the day (I find the most effective one is blocking your nose and trying to breathe - if it's a dream you'll be able to breathe through your pinched nose)

Look up WILDing and FILD.

>after concentrating too hard I opened my eyes and my photoreceptors freaked out
You were squinting. AP requires unconsciousness.
>>
>>19320735
please don't fall for RP bullshit, anon
>>
>>19319244
what is this ? Is this related to remote viewing ? if yes how and if not why not?
>>
>>19319294
Does the astral body confirm an after life?
>>
>>19320961
No, it confirms nothing at all except that human beings have proprioception

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/07/humans-have-a-lot-more-than-five-senses/

>>19320935
No, remote viewing is a purported method of leaving the body and viewing the world while still conscious. It's impossible, a con perpetrated on the gullible just like seances and tarot readings.

Astral projection is a misunderstanding of lucid dreaming - its properties cannot be pinned down or defined because of this fact. Dreams function based on expectation, and when someone who has been fed or has personally invented a great deal of fiction around astral projection that fiction will bear out in their dreams because it is what they expect to occur.

The only thing people can agree on in terms of astral projection is where to begin, and if you'll notice the actual knowledge people have on this subject are 100% identical to trusted tips on lucid dreaming, as you can see in this post >>19319294
>>
Be really tired, like barely keeping eyes open. Meditate while lying on your back. You will hear the buzz/tone, it will feel like your ear drums are about to explode. (This is as far as I've gotten)

Apparently at this point imagine yourself somewhere in your house e.g: sitting on your sofa

Hopefully then you will pop to that position

1st goal is hearing the tone/buzz. It's kinda difficult for most people to get to that part
>>
>>19320984
I have lucid dreamed many times and almost astral projected multiple times (stuck at the buzzing tone)

I have never felt anything like "the tone/buzz" that come just before projecting.

WILD lucid dreaming is almost identical to projecting but with wild lucid the dream just appears, the buzzing tone at the beginning of projecting is never experienced through lucid dreaming
>>
>>19320997
That "buzz/vibration" is the start of sleep paralysis, the transition to sleep and dreaming

Any kind of active thought at this point will prevent the transition.

You have to ride it out first, THEN do whatever dream control method you prefer (visualization, golden rope, "jumping" from the bed, simple reality check, etc.)
>>
>>19319244
Some useful links for ya:

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Body_of_light

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Astral_projection

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Rising_on_the_Planes
>>
>>19321010
>I have never felt anything like "the tone/buzz" that come just before projecting.
I lucid dream all the time, the vibration happens literally every time I WILD/FILD.

Astral projection doesn't exist.
>>
>>19321010
>I have lucid dreamed many times and almost astral projected multiple times (stuck at the buzzing tone)
>I have never felt anything like "the tone/buzz" that come just before projecting.
You're simply not remembering the tone/buzz because you weren't conscious enough to notice it, which is precisely why those instances succeeded and every instance where you remember the buzz failed.
>>
>>19321026
Right, interesting.
I've had a really clear WILD where I saw the first image appear and become a dream, but I had no buzzing during this.
I must have been very aware at this point to see the image as it appeared, why no buzz?

I can see how AP probably is just Luixd dreaming but I like to stay open to the idea of it. I guess there is no way to prove AP is a thing though as everyone could just be reading what they are going to see in an AP and then their Brain creates it for them when they first lucid thus tricking them into thinking they APed
>>
I used to Astral Project all the time as a kid. But to me then they were just "Flying Dreams".

I would fly out of my bed and just go places. I never really did anything interesting during the flying times. I just remember enjoying the feeling.

My best memory of it is flying down my stairs from my upstairs bedroom to go outside.

When I was older I tried to do an OBE / Astral Project on my own but Instead I went into trace state and opened my Third Eye.

You have to go into trance state to Astral Project they say. So I was trying to do that and when I was in trance I put my focus on my third eye and I felt it open up.

It feels like a warm bread roll being torn apart at the center of your forehead.
>>
>>19320984
so you are saying remote viewing is a scam while' astral projection' is real ?
what's the physical explanation for this ?
>>
>>19321053
OP here. This post reminded me of some experiences I had a little while back. I was laying on my bed for a good 30 minutes or so attempting to astral project and eventually I sort of got the feeling like I was about to fall asleep. Suddenly; I saw what looked like someone's kitchen. It was like I was duck taped to the roof and I was looking down on it. It quickly went away. Another time I was attempting to AP and say 20 or 30 minutes in; I see what looked like a very thick stream of incense smoke that was burning very rapidly.

Was I getting close to astral projection? Did I do some remote viewing or something of the sort the first time??

THANK YOU to everyone who provided information and input btw!
>>
>>19321065
>so you are saying remote viewing is a scam while' astral projection' is real ?
Not quite.

I'm saying remote viewing is a scam and astral projection is people misunderstanding something that is real: lucid dreaming.
>>
>>19321643
How do you explain the fact that people are able to replicate the "lucid dream" state in asana, while "awake" (aka astral projection)?
>>
Whenever i manage to achieve it I just go around and fuck hotties. Last time I wanted to go visit the space but again got distracted by some girl sucking my dick
>>
>>19320961
yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjDQzCq6FdM

the two are not some fringe scientists.

bruce lipton worked with stem cells 20 years before they became mainstream knowledge

tom campbell worked for nasa and with the monroe guy from the monroe institute
>>
>>19321643
are you dumb? they put numbers on a board 100 miles away and people could read them thru astral projection

inform yourself doofus
>>
>>19322590
I pray you never meet a con man in person
>>
>>19322590
This is the easiest way to tell the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming. Look for anything with writing on it and read it. Then look away and look back at it again. If you are dreaming guaranteed the writing will be different the second time
>>
>>19319870
It's hard to explain but when you get your mind down to one single thread of thought you won't be able to describe what you are thinking of. Thinking about a golden thread has many things you are focused on size color composition etc... I usually just listen to a fan humming no music.
>>
>>19319870
The best advice I have for lengthening your stays in the astral is practice. The more you do it the longer your stays will be. Keep calm any stress or over excitement will snap you back into your body and sometimes it's really really HARD when you snap back. I am talking full on yank back the entire distance and slam into body.
>>
>>19322834
I've heard this said before and it's bullshit, if you focus enough on the writing to try to compare it it'll stay the same.

This and looking at clocks are both fucking terrible reality checks that fail constantly.
>>
>>19322889
An extremely effective method of maintaining a dream when you are waking up is to rub your "hands" together and focus on that sensation for a few moments.
>>
>>19320984
Propioreception is not perception, idiot. Its just another spinothalamic neuronal pathway, like heat or pain. The astral body is defined to be a projection of conciousness, with many documented cases with enough proof, if you bothered to look.
Also, remote viewing is a very different thing from astral projection. Conciousness does not leave the body in remote viewing, please read more about it. There's a bunch of aTed talks about it, might be a good place to start.
>>
>>19322962
Proprioception is one's sense of their body's relative orientation and motion without sight. It is one of the senses all humans posess and that sense is simulated while dreaming just like sight and sound and touch.

>AP is 100% confirmed to be real and the consciousness totally "leaves" the body
If this were the case it would have absolutely massive repercussions for many scientific fields, not the least of which would be an understanding of consciousness as a thing and not a state.

Thing is, it's bullshit.

But if you'll believe that I've got some great homeopathic remedies to sell you
>>
>>19321017

Disagree. Whether it's an offshoot of a lucid dream state or not, I BELIEVE there is something distinct about it.

I only have an anecdote, but I bring it up because I knew very little about astral projecting before this experience. Certainly, I didn't have any kind of visual expectation.

Anyway, one afternoon, I was just lying on my bed napping. I was coming out of a somewhat emotionally intense dream, and I woke into sleep paralysis. I could open my eyes and felt semi-conscious, but I was still sort of "half in/out". I could distinctly still hear the words of a woman in the dream, and I "felt" as though I was still in the backseat of the car in the dream I was in prior to waking up.

So, my eyes are open, my inner eye/imagination/whatever is in a car, and my body can't move. Obviously I'm terrified and groggy because who likes feeling paralyzed and what a nice nap, right? So by this point I had worked out a decent method for coming out of this state since, like I said, this wasn't novel for me.

This method was basically to start thrashing about willing my body to start fucking working, basically. Fine and dandy, except as I was specifically trying to lift my arms to my face... I feel my hands lift, but I don't see my hands. Instead, I see what I could probably only describe as an energetic outline of my hands. As in, I could see through them, they looked like the shape of my hands if I took a black pen or marker to a paper and lifted the pen every half inch or so so it looked like a cut-out template and then animated it in real-time (like jittering ants crawling around a chemical trail).

Had never had an experience like that prior, nor since. I can't prove anything definitively about AP through it, but I feel like it makes sense that it's a stage between the outright, chaotic subconscious world that dreaming seems to be confined to, and... States of consciousness and awareness/memory closer to the everyday based on my own experience.
>>
>>19322997
Or, the more rational explanation, you experienced the kind hallucinations extremely common to sleep paralysis.

You know, the ones you're more likely to have the more uncomfortable you are and the more you fight the paralysis?
>>
>>19319244
Bump
>>
>>19323041
...please don't just post to bump when a thread is already page 1
>>
>>19322994
Senses are dulled during sleep, not expanded. It is the reason why people can sleep though a lot of things.
>If this were the case it would have absolutely massive repercussions for many scientific fields
You are correct, it is already having an effect in the form of the increased support for the unified field theory by many scientists. This ideas arent fringe, go read the interpretations of plancks work in the quantum field. Mathematical explanations for a fractal universe predict things like proton mass and energy with equal or more precision than all the previous models.
>not the least of which would be an understanding of consciousness as a thing and not a state.
Are you claiming there is a scientific concensus on what conciousness is? I believe most would admit we are still far from understanding it.
>>
I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong because everyone says it's hard and shit, but I just do it whenever i want
>>
>>19323075
Not gonna get into what you think any of that shit has to do with AP;

If we're far from understanding what consciousness is then how could one have possibly proven it left the body

Check and mate
>>
>>19323075
>If this were the case it would have absolutely massive repercussions for many scientific fields
Far more so than unified field theory I think it would be evidence of a holographic universe. That our consciousness runs as a subroutine distinct from the larger whole, allowing a handful of exploits with the right skills.

>Are you claiming there is a scientific concensus on what conciousness is?

I'm not the guy you were replying to but I will say yes. There is a scientific consensus on what consciousness is. Though we lack a full understanding and are unable to reproduce it the official explanation is that it is the result of brain structure in the prefrontal cortex.
>>
>brain structure in the prefrontal cortex.
The prefrontal cortex is an interpretator of neuronal phenomena, giving us the ability to be "aware" and feel/see certain things. It is not a generator of anything, its a receiver and processor of external information. It givew us awareness, which is the fact that "we know" (which other mammals also have). Conciousness is "knowing that we know", aka "I think therefore I am". I = soul. Am = equipment of brain mechanisms to interpret the "soul". This creates the ego, or sense of self. Think like a radio tuning into a specific station, your DNA being the antenna, your brain being the processor, and the 'signal' being your soul.
>>
I checked the thread and I'm pretty sure no one said anything about practicing energywork with your etheric and astral bodies, making them much more sensitive during Projection attempts.

The best information you'll find on this subject is from Robert Bruce. Specifically his book New Energy Ways v2.

He has a youtube channel here which is really good too
https://www.youtube.com/user/RealAstralBob
>>
>>19323098
How?
>>
>>19323651
>there's no consensus on what consciousness is u guise
>except when I say otherwise, I've got it all figured out. Just trust me lel
kys
>>
>>19324174
I honestly know very little, but as a scientist my only focus is researching the truth and evaluating evidence.

DNA as fractal receptor.
>"DNA is a fractal antenna in electromagnetic fields."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21457072

Conciousness is global
>"The Global Conciousness Project by Princeton University"
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Brains can transfer emotions at long distances
>"Eisenberg & Donderi (1979). Telepathic transfer of emotional information in humans"
http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Eisenberg1979.pdf

Brains can transfer information at long distances...
>"Targ & Puthoff (1974). Information transmission under conditions of sensory shielding"
http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Targ1974Nature.pdf

...Using even higher standards than most medical practices
>"Beischel & Schwartz (2007). Anomalous information reception by research mediums demonstrated using a novel triple-blind protocol"
http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Beischel2007.pdf

Brains can sense the future
>"Mossbridge et al (2012). Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis"
http://www.deanradin.com/evidence/Mossbridge2012Presentiment.pdf
>>
>>19324264
Op here. BUMP.
>>
>>19324264
You are not a scientist. A scientist would care about the methods used to gather data and the conclusions of the papers he's reading. What you're doing is googling for things you vaguely believe might support your nonsense.

Like that first article you posted. It's saying that electromagnetic fields can cause damage to DNA, nothing more and nothing less.
>>
>>19324264
>A study explaining why electromagnetism can damage DNA
>a massive collection of utterly random data that they hoped to find patterns in but have not - also lol pariedolia
>four studies with terrible methods that have ALL failed the replication criterion
Don't call yourself a scientist. You're a stooge.
>>
>>19321408
The Smoke!!
I get that a lot, misty smoke fades away and I see a dream appear.
>>
>>19322555
Thanks anon! I'll check that out.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.