[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man From The Past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Tyx59CL.jpg (64KB, 700x608px) Image search: [Google]
Tyx59CL.jpg
64KB, 700x608px
Hypothetically, if a person from the past was frozen a thousand years ago, do you really think that they would have problems adjusting to todays societies?

I know for sure they would be in shock at first, but do you think they would continue to struggle after a few years if they had an appropriate guide and teacher? Or would they forever be stuck in the past and couldn't adjust and integrate properly? If not, what would be done with such a person?
>>
>>19319148
You could talk with someone who has the CHANCE to relate, such as myself.

What thinks you, about the magnetic rain-fall?
>>
>>19319148
It depends who you bring, but I'd like to think that most would adapt if given some time. They'd need something to be comfortable with, maybe meet a descendant first then go from there.
>>
>>19319152
Well talking like that is bound to confuse the shit out of them
>>
>>19319160
I'd like to think that too but they'd like to know what happened to their family. Most people probably wouldn't sit well with "Yea. Your village was burnt to the ground and more than likely your wife was raped and children made slaves"
>>
File: moot.jpg (2MB, 3245x2592px) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
2MB, 3245x2592px
>>19319169
Sorry, I'm a pussy magnet and I start to smell like sugar and candies when my ducks get wet.
>>
I have the answer to your question

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sAurGIs0lo4
>>
>>19319176
Might not be so bad though. Could be a goal of sorts. If they can understand what you said, then they have successfully integrated
>>
>>19319148
Wouldn't homeboy just die because his immune system hasn't developed to all the new shit like ours has?
>>
>>19319194
No, there is always the survival of the neander-paul.
>>
>>19319194
Good point. Lets just say we pumped him full of shit so that we don't have to worry about all that. But yea, he'd prob die pretty damn fast. Todays cold is prob like Super AIDs to him
>>
>>19319208
Alright then. I think any common man frozen from the past would promptly go insane. Probably think they had died. All our tech would be like magic to him. I think he would have a very difficult time relating to or society and would probably not be all that interested in doing so.

With the proper guidance and integration. You never know.
>>
>>19319241
I'm not so sure. Maybe they'd accept and enjoy the fact they didn't have to hunt for everything and be in fear of being pillaged on a weekly basis. But yea, it may seem like magic at first but possibly come around to everything.
>>
>>19319148
Well, 1000 years ago is AD 1017.
That year, Druze religion got founded, King Cnut divided England into four earldoms, King Rajendra Chola assimilates Sri Lanka, Saint Sophia's Cathedral is being built in Kiev.
That decade, the Ly Dynasty rises in Vietnam, Yaroslavl is founded, Thorfinn Karlsefni tries to build a colony in America, Beowulf is written, Khazaria fell, Goryeo-Khitan War is in full swing.
That century, it was the height of the Song Dynasty, the height of Islamic Science, steady downfall of the Byzantine, military height of the Chola, the Middle Ages in Europe.

As it is, they'd have to learn a very different language, even though you're born in the same exact place. As for their sanity, well, it depends on the person transporting and transported.
>>
>>19320102
>islamic
>science
WE WUZ KANGS N SHIT
>>
>>19319148
If you bring him from then to now you'd have to spend years educating him to our ways before even allowing him outdoors, let alone in any kind of public place or transportation.

If he comes alone to the current era without help he can expect to be arrested, imprisoned and/or shot by police within short order.

Men who've been in prison for decades can't always adjust to life in the modern state. How's an ancient man going to fare after he walks into Walmart, eats food off the shelf and then can't produce identification or even communicate when he's arrested?
>>
>>19319148
They would think they had died and gone to Hell mate. They'd commit suicide within the month.
>>
>>19320116
That's a meme for Africa, bub. Lrn 2 meme
>>
>>19319148
They'd die of a horrible disease we're all immune to in less than a day.
>>
How could you cope with the idea that the whole period of your life all your struggles goals and ideas and all the hopes goals and bloodshed of your friends and relatives were al for nothing. At least in the most positve scenarios your family and descendants survived and we know about it. But most likely not even the village you lived in is there nor are the forests and even possibly the hills if they were mined. And you face a world so completely alien from yours that you cant really cope with it.
Best case scenario you wake up in africa and it all seems normal besides the guns but thosa are easy to process.
>>
history major here. he'd adapt just fine. people haven't changed as much through the ages as we might think. he'd have trouble with electronics and toilets but especially language. he'd probably have to spend the most time learning how to communicate again with us.
>>
>>19320116
>/pol/tards don't know basic history
why am I not surprised.
>>
>>19322669
Think what you want but as Europe climbed its way out of the Dark Ages into the Enlightenment and beyond, the muslims continued to stay the same until you see the ass backwards savages you have today
>>
>>19319241
Bullshit. Are you kidding me? That man would be ecstatic living in this age. The technology, the medical shit, the women, come on man. The guy would get new kinks fast
>>
>>19319148
>do you really think that they would have problems adjusting to todays societies?
No, Humans haven't changed in 1000 years. "They" were exactly the same intellectually as we are.

A 5 year old caveman kid would learn how to use an ipad just as quickly as a modern kid. There's no difference.

People make a silly assumption that people 1000 or 100,000 years ago were rock bashing idiots. They were EXACTLY the same as we are now. You think the Pyramids were easy to build? WE would struggle to build the Pyramids as good as the Egyptians did.
>>
>>19323322
Maybe if you didn't lurk /pol/ all day and actually went to fucking school, you'd know that an enlightenment happened in Islamic culture 500 years before Europe. Important scientific and philosophical discoverings were work of islamic thinkers while europe was recovering from its cultural desintegration.
>>
>>19323363
I'd argue it goes even further back than Babylonia and Mesopotamia, anon. We've found ancient clay tablets with 8 digit numbers related to Pi dating back to well before the Islamic Enlightenment.

There's so much history we don't and will probably never know.

All I know is that, Humans were never idiots. We were as smart back then as we are today. The only difference between us is technology.
>>
>>19323363
Well if you had reading comprehension you would see that the main arguement was that the muslims never really expanded on shit they knew. Once Europe relearned everything and took off, the muslims were left behind in every form of academics.
>>
File: gunther-toody.jpg (9KB, 225x281px) Image search: [Google]
gunther-toody.jpg
9KB, 225x281px
They'd never be able to survive around this though
>>
File: q.jpg (825KB, 1200x1513px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
825KB, 1200x1513px
>>19323333
this tbqhf. nic digits
>>
>>19320404
Just don't let them meet any non-whites
>>
>>19325037
Fuck off with your racist shit you gutless little prick.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.