[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/UMG/ - Unsolved Mystery General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: delphisuspect.jpg (48KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
delphisuspect.jpg
48KB, 534x712px
Delphi Murder Update Edition

The police have released the attached sketch of the suspect in the Delphi Murder case this week. I'll post the press release accompanying the sketch, and in the following posts I will post the original story from an earlier thread.

Press release:
>Delphi, IN - The Carroll County Sheriff’s Department, FBI, Delphi Police Department and the Indiana State Police are requesting assistance to identify the person depicted in this sketch who is believed to be connected to the murders of Abigail J. “Abby” Williams and Liberty Rose Lynn “Libby” German.

>The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a white male between 5’6” to 5’10”, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair, eye color unknown. This sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate. We ask that you focus on the person’s facial features.

>The composite drawing is the result of information received during the course of this ongoing investigation.

>A reward in excess of $230,000 is offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these murders.
>>
File: }L@25Z8CD{$MYBBAZFTDTSY.jpg (50KB, 470x482px) Image search: [Google]
}L@25Z8CD{$MYBBAZFTDTSY.jpg
50KB, 470x482px
Original story:
>13 and 14 year old girls get the day off of school due to a teacher in-service meeting thing or whatever
>Relative of one of the girls (either sister or mother, can't remember at this moment in time) drops them off at a place they request to be dropped off to
>Long bridge in the middle of the woods, used to be a train track apparently
>One of the girls, Liberty German is being active on snapchat throughout the day, her account shows that she was snapping pictures of the other girl, Abigail, all day.
>Girls didn't show up at the place they told their guardian to pick them up at later
>Search for girls
>They're found off the bridge out in the woods, both dead
>Appears they've been murdered, I don't believe an actual cause of death has been released at this point (though there's lots of local talk and rumors)
>Liberty's phone is recovered and it looks like she took a video of the killer, if not the entire killing
>Police only release 2 still frames from the video (pic related) and one fraction of a second audio clip.
>Very few leads on who this man is. Suspicious that he's so bundled up, seeing as the girls were in pretty light clothing, leading to speculation that he was expecting them (though it's just speculation and police haven't commented on it one way or the other)
>Video was apparently much longer (I've seen some people say 10 minutes, some say 23 minutes, some say 45 minutes) but they haven't released any more of the tape for whatever reason (may be that they want to withold information for interrogation purposes, or to vet reliable leads; could simply be that it recorded their actual murder and it's too gruesome to release publicly)
>>
>>19317640
Here's the sound clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOXDOHFWnco
I'm super fucking interested in this case, but as the days go by it seems to get colder and colder, hope the find this guy soon or at least release some more of the video. I think it'd be beneficial to release at least a segment of the video of him walking, we can see from the frames he's got at least one stride in frame. Could help narrow down suspects if released publicly.

Here are a few other videos that some guy took the time to map out. He outlines the exact locations of everything to get a better perspective of what happened and where with nothing more than 3 screenshots released to the media and a video taken on the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3twaMV9Fg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpzjx51h5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBE422LFIdg

God bless the dude who took the time to make these.
>>
Anyone with information about the murders or the person depicted in the composite sketch should call the established tip line at 844-4[five]9-5786 and can remain anonymous. Tips may also be emailed to abbyandlibbytip at cacoshrf dot com
>>
Link to full video of the press conference where the new information was disclosed:
fb /WRTV6/videos/10154998621629092/
>>
If they don't release the video to the public, it's not going to be easy to find out who that guy is.

Did they took any DNA from the girls' clothes or something like that?
>>
>>19317821
We don't know whether they have DNA or not. There are sex offenders in the area who have said, as well as locals who have said, that they have been taking DNA swabs of locals in relation to the case, but we have no official word to confirm that or if it's being taken because they have evidence to compare it to.
>>
>>19317641
The lack of argument in the sound clip implies that there was likely intimidation.

In the first clip, the suspect looks like he might be holding a gun. I think that he can be seen in the background of some images.

When I compare the second clip, it seems like there might have been more than one person involved. There appear to be multiple figures.

The third clip shows that the suspect was in shooting range. That fits the intimidation hypothesis. However, the detail also implies that the NRA would seek to suppress the video to inhibit anti-gun sentiment in the public discourse.

>>19317821
I think this is one of those cases where it would be quicker to check a gun registry than take DNA samples.

>>19317841
Sounds like they might have some evidence, but the lab work is yet inconclusive.
>>
Anything new?
>>
Did anything happen regarding the girl who suspected her estranged uncle was a serial killer and potential suspect in this?
She posted her story and suspicions on some leddit thread
>>
>>19320037
Do you have a link to the thread?
>>
File: Yogurt-Shop-Memorial_Dec2016.jpg (587KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Yogurt-Shop-Memorial_Dec2016.jpg
587KB, 2048x1365px
Any Texans in here?

I recently learned about the Yogurt Shop Murders. Four girls between the ages of 13 and 16 where murdered back in the 90's in Austin. They investigated it as "Satanic," old locals remember being questioned simply for collecting weird stuff.

I know the family of the "key witness" who claimed to have been given LSD and waited in the car when it all happened, but none of the stories match, nor could they match the DNA to any of the suspects. Police are quoted in saying it was just as bad as things they saw in the war, and a friend who was alive during this time remembers hearing that victims were decapitated and chest cavities ripped open etc. The shop was then set on fire, which led to much evidence being destroyed in the attempt to extinguish before knowing of the murders first.

I visit the memorial outside of the shop every time I go to the grocery store nearby.
>>
>>19320596
>remembers hearing that victims were decapitated and chest cavities ripped open
what?
>>
looks like Bennett the sage
>>
>>19320807
What what? I'm just telling what I've heard. I can't find any details on the actual murders but know people who were around when it happened and that's what they said. That it was so gruesome it was investigated as Satanic.
>>
>>19320975
they were all shot not decapitated with their chest ripped open. in fact one of the girls was still alive, briefly, when the police got there.
>>
>>19320596
>Yogurt Shop Murders

never heard of this, did a quick search and there is a new 48 Hours episode about it and new evidence. Watching right now. Shit like this is terrifying.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/austin-texas-yogurt-shop-murders-innocence-lost/
>>
>>19321008
Can you share a source? I knew most if not all were shot, but I couldn't find any in depth details besides their bodies being stacked on top of each other.

>>19321133
Will check this out later.
>>
>>19319863
The NRA doesn't try to suppress evidence of gun violence and would have no access, or the ability, to suppress a vid from a murder case. No one wants felons and perverts to have guns. They regularly publish accounts of gun violence albeit selectively in their armed citizens accounts. I get that you don't like guns but speculative lying is pretty stupid when trying to parse out a murder case we don't have many clues to. Also SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
Could we delve more into the Elisa Lam case or should that be it's own thread due to all the strange circumstances regarding it?
>>
>>19320807
Spirit cooking?
>>
>>19317640
Fucking no guns I feel bad for them.
>>
>>19320596
When the word 'satanic' is used, there is a reference to bodily harm done by certain cults in northern Russia. Also, the tendency of rumors to spread in the wake of that category of crime is similar to the way that foreign intelligence agents spread propaganda. Thusly, satanic rituals only empower the attacker by providing enough shock value to make people lose faith in the justice system.

This scene alludes to that case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krbl911ZPBA

>>19320807

There appear to be conflicting accounts, but if the gruesome description is true, then it sounds like someone was doing an unlawful experiment with new pharmaceuticals. They would have learned about the toxicity in organ systems without brain interference.

>>19320975
That was police testimony, but they likely wanted to reduce shock value, later.

>>19321008
If they was simply shooting, then I don't see why there was such harrowing publicity. In that telling, there is no simple explanation for the stacking of victims.

>>19321133
Since DNA evidence precludes one of the convicted suspects, it shows that the police as desperate to restore public faith in their institution.

>>19322283

I believe that there was shooting and torture.

>>19323767
The NRA does suppress law enforcement in efforts to well-regulate gun ownership. FOPA prevents the continued storing of gun ownership records. The information on gun transfers is not stored electronically, and that impairs law enforcement from well-resolving gun crime. Hence, the militias are not well-regulated by a system that uses an outdated form data storage.

Alexander Hamilton wrote that:

>'If a well regulated militia be the most natural defence of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security'.

>>19322283
If the attackers reduced surface area of evidence for shock value.

>>19323788
'Tis gen thread.

>>19323805
shamaniyya
>>
>>19323767
Why do you think that the assailant was able to coerce them so easily?

His gait is askance at an angle consistent with the weight of a concealed firearm.
>>
>>19317637
This is kaput and a huge black eye for the police.

A plausible scenario is this was some rail hobo who hopped off a train, got his rape on and got back on the rails. He's long gone and his off-the-grid hobo-ness means there is no electronic trail. This case will never be solved.
>>
>>19317637
Test
>>
>>19324075
My disagreement was not with the fact the unsub had a gun, he probably did. The pack on his right side is a favored carry method of people in his apparent age range. You stated the NRA suppressed evidence somehow, which is different from FOPA entirely. The NRA does not have the ability to do that, they lobby for gun rights through legislation, they don't try to foul up the murder investigation of 2 children, or suppress evidence of gun crime. The police would laugh in their faces if they did. You want the red pill on gun crime? Subtract the male black population from the USAs statistics and we are one of the safest gunbearing nations. Before you call me a Nazi or racist look it up, facts don't give a fuck about your feelings. You want another? Look at the fbi statistics on interracial rape, black on white 25000 per year, white on black 2 per year. If I am a law abiding citizen the govt doesn't need to know what I have, if I'm a felon or pervert I shouldn't have a gun to begin with. I don't know what your interest are, and IDC, i wouldn't try to legislate against them. I carry, I've used it for its intended purpose and it saved my and possibly my families life. You will never be able to take that right from me with your nanny state bullshit.
>>
>>19324288
100% this he is delusional.
>>
>>19324246
Thread is being throttled.

>>19324288
The video is being suppressed, and it seems like a horrid gun crime. The NRA does suppress evidence in the form of gun registration documents.

>You want another? Look at the fbi statistics on interracial rape, black on white 25000 per year, white on black 2 per year.

You appear to be shilling for the NRA, because that statement has nothing to do with the thread.

> If I am a law abiding citizen the govt doesn't need to know what I have

The federal government has a constitutional right, explicitly specified, to regulate your activity. I quoted a founding father.
>>
>>19324308
The shill changed their opinion on whether the suspect was armed.

FOPA suppresses evidence about gun transfers.
>>
>>19324327
I never changed my opinion on if he had a gun or not and he probably did. FOPA literally is meaningless because you can get guns gifted from someone or in a grey sale. Guns are also stolen too so it doesn't matter if they have the serial number or not.
>>
>>19324327
I'm not a member of the NRA and the only one shilling here is you begging for more government. I could take quotes out of context too I'm just not that dishonest like you leftist. You straight up stated the NRA was suppressing video evidence of a child's murder. That has nothing to do with what the NRA does or FOPA. It is a lie. Telling a lie makes you a liar. It's in print on this thread, you lied. Bottom line you will never take gun rights in America this thread is about an unsolved murder not your leftist views. I wish I had never responded to you because it's like talking to a wall. You typical, lying, nanny state loving, participation trophy having, non meritocracy, nu male, feminist fuck.
>>
>>19324456
You forgot that simple fact that he is most likely schizophrenic if he thinks the fucking NRA is trying to cover this up.
>>
File: beatriz_mota_-_reduzida.jpg (16KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
beatriz_mota_-_reduzida.jpg
16KB, 300x225px
So, this happened in my country over a year ago.

https://translate.google.com.br/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fg1.globo.com%2Fpe%2Fpetrolina-regiao%2Fnoticia%2F2015%2F12%2Fcrianca-de-7-anos-e-assassinada-durante-festa-em-colegio-particular.html&edit-text=&act=url

(Sorry about Google Translate, too lazy to translate right now and I didn't find any english articles).

TL;DR: 7yo girl found stabbed at school warehouse and nobody knows why. Police considered religious reasons, and also think some people of the school staff helped (contradictions in their testimony, 3 school keys disappeared some days before the murder). They have a suspect though.

https://translate.google.com.br/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fg1.globo.com%2Fbahia%2Fnoticia%2F2017%2F03%2Fmais-perto-do-que-nunca-diz-pai-de-beatriz-apos-imagem-de-suspeito.html&edit-text=

Her father is a teacher at said school.
>>
>>19324334
>My disagreement was not with the fact the unsub had a gun, he probably did

>speculative lying

>My disagreement was not with the fact the unsub had a gun, he probably did

That is a change of opinion.

>>19324456
You are the person who writes posts where the topic is exclusively the NRA derail.

>>19324467
They lobby for laws that delete records of gun ownership. I don't know why that does not count as a coverup.

>>19324535

That sounds less like a satanic ritual, and more like a darknet killing. Consider the disappearance of keys in conjunction with the suspect's punctuality with a cell phone. I think there were sadistic office politics, with an insider who hired an assassin: to intimidate the father enough for him to leave his job.

If you want me to examine any other evidence that implies a religious reason, then you may post again.
>>
>>19321008
They were shot in the heads and the building was burned, how the hell would one of them be alive, even briefly?
>>
>>19324703
Sometimes, people can survive headshot wounds.
>>
>>19324713
But the shop was burned. Do you think she survived that too? Is there any link/source for this part?

Not being facetious, just curious.
>>
>>19324713
Still, a source would help. Surviving a headshot AND a fire seems unlikely, even if she didn't survive long.
>>
>>19324070
I don't think it was Satanic, but they interviewed like hundreds of people, including people I know, because they were "witches" or collected things relating to the occult.

Overall the whole case was mishandled, though, something important to keep in mind, the DA even tried to keep PI's out of court for challenging their "key witness" whose story didn't match any of the confessions.
>>
>>19324742
>I don't think it was Satanic
It was the 90s m8. There was a huge outrage about Satanism at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic#1980s.E2.80.931990s:_Satanic_ritual_abuse
>>
>>19324730
Unlikely but not impossible.

>>19324735
The deranged nature of the case leaves us to corroborate official reports and hearsay.

>>19324742
The problem is that they are casting such a wide net over so many distinct traditions.

I think that the objective of the attackers was to have the case mishandled. Sociologically, satanic ritual is a method for foreign intelligence agencies to achieve that end.

>>19324747
I think that had to do with the breakup of the Soviet Union.
>>
>>19324660
No dude, not a member, never posted anything about the NRA. Thought it was a scam when that la Pierre dude ran it. Lie about something else
>>
>>19324660
That's not the same guy...im the one that said the unsub probably had a gun, the guy you keep accusing of shilling for the NRA. I don't think you have thought out the gun registry thing helping in the case either. If the guy used a gun it was almost certainly a common caliber that means there are hundreds if not thousands of guns in that caliber in the county where this happened . you would have to do a ballistics test on every gun and that's if the bullets recovered from the scene were testable to begin with. If the guy wasn't local make that millions nationwide. You would have to narrow the search exactly like the cops are doing,DNA and suspect picture/voice. There are 2-3 guns for every person in the US it's just not possible to do with a registry search.
>>
>>19324660
The speculative lying was referring to your assertion that the NRA was suppressing the video.
>>
Has Probably been posted here

>Nicole brown Ron Goldman
>Both stabbed to death outside a very nice area outside a condominium in bentwood California
>Evidence of a glove and other DNA traces
>Only suspect was the husband of Nicole, but was cleared through DNA and forensic evidence
>No new leads to this day
>>
>>19324936
>objective of the attackers was to have the case mishandled
I agree. And mishandled it was.
So yeah, anyone uncovering any detailed reports about the actual murders, please share. I'm really interested in this case, since it's so close to home. They have DNA from the crime scene, in theory if they ever get a match for it could this case be solved? Or has the murderer(s) gone under the radar, maybe even with a criminal record under their belt already?

To scope out a business with young employees, also so close to a relatively busy street... These murders are why minors can't work past a certain hour or without a legal adult present in Texas.
>>
>>19325059
>when trying to parse out a murder case we don't have many clues

I presumed you were the same user.

The NRA lobbies to suppress evidence.

>>19325301
If we had a search engine, we could draw a radius around the location. The county size is not the sole discriminant.

>>19325311
Since when does an implication count as an assertion?

Do you have a better explanation?

>when trying to parse out a murder case we don't have many clues

Anon was talking about the evidence in the case, and now you are considering the gait.

>>19325926
That could have been a targeted killing by a person in their neighborhood. I do not have enough information to suggest anything else.

>>19326193
>They have DNA from the crime scene, in theory if they ever get a match for it could this case be solved?

That depends on the length an integrity of any DNA strands they find.

>Or has the murderer(s) gone under the radar, maybe even with a criminal record under their belt already?

To answer that question, we need to look into how the case was mishandled.

>To scope out a business with young employees, also so close to a relatively busy street

They might have had insider knowledge of the floor plan and cash storage.
>>
>>19326962
Provide evidence the NRA suppresses evidence of crime
>>
>>19327292
NRA lobbies for laws like FOPA

FOPA requires the deletion of records.

Records of gun ownership can be used as evidence to prove a crime. It therefore does not behoove a well-regulated militia.

Please try to stay on topic.
>>19323788
We should delve more, sorry if I was not specific about that when I responded earlier.
>>
>>19327397
Those are 2 completely separate things. Lobbying to keep a law the same is not suppression of evidence. You saying something does not make it a fact. I can say that larping as an expert makes flames shoot out your butthole, doesn't make it a gospel does it?
False equivalency.
Not an argument
>>
>>19320596
my coworker was telling me about these last week, houston here.
>>
>>19327948
>Lobbying to keep a law the same is not suppression of evidence.

If that law suppresses evidence, then there is no difference in effect.

>>19328493
What did he or she tell you?
>>
>>19323788
Schizophrenic bitch with wacky hands throws herself in a water tank after an episode. There's your discussion.
>>
>>19329125
How'd she get into the tank, you need a ladder to even reach the lid, a very heavy lid that would be seriously difficult to put back from the inside considering its small, enclosed space.
>>
>>19327397
That is, without doubt, the faggiest trip I have ever seen on this site.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.