[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheist/Creationist - where do the New Agers fall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: mckenna.jpg (8KB, 220x183px) Image search: [Google]
mckenna.jpg
8KB, 220x183px
This question is obviously based in some labels that lose their relevance at some point. But still, if some form of self-alignment had to be formed, on what side would they identify?

I'm talking about a broad range of newer kinds of spiritual paths that hold nature as divine, believe in a Goddess aspect to the highest power, commonly interested in astral projection, psychedelic drugs, etc. The Terence Mckenna's and Tim Leary's of the world.

I have my own feelings on the thing but I'm interested on what other people think on the subject.
>>
Seems like strict definition would make them atheists. Because they don't see god as the conscious anthropomorphic entity that Monotheists do.

But I still can't imagine that your run-of-the-mill Dead Head would have much to talk to Richard Dawkins about.
>>
>>19315369
atheists often come to their conclusion through stupidity/laziness. they failed (or never began) to follow the path of science which inevitably leads to god. whenever i meet an atheist i say "well what do you think of string theory or quantum entanglement?". they often return later to say that science is false or a government conspiracy, some though become hungry for truth again and begin their journey of self-realisation.

creationists on the other hand have reached god through their feelings (mostly fear) so the task is much easier. you just have to show them the path to unconditional love, by talking to them, moving them on an emotional level. the hardest thing is teaching them that they are god, this is usually too empowering for them as most religions teach us to be victims.

new-agers are usually seeking divine truth (unless they're following the fad, think people who practice yoga but don't know what a yogi is) and you would think that this would make it easier to guide them however often along the way they become lost in their own delusions (from taking too much lsd instead of dmt) or reading into their dreams too much.

these are my feelings on the matter but to answer your question, i think that new agers are atheists on the path to creationism so they are agnostics.
>>
>>19315589

HOLY FUCK

YOU"RE GOD??!?!

MAKE MY CHAINS GOLD THEN

HAHAHHA

GTFO FAGGOT
>>
I guess I would be considered a New ager. Idk if you wanna see my qualifications or not, haha.

Personally, I tell people I'm an atheist because its easier than explaining to them what I believe. Which would be a mixture of most of the popular religions with heavy leanings on european paganism and native american shamanism.
I also self identify as an atheist because I don't believe in "god" as this singular omniscient being as those of the abrahamic faiths do; I believe it is everything and nothing. We are god, the earth is god, the universe is god, that ant by my foot is god, and human consciousness is a sort of... lucid dream, cultivated within this system.
As far as creationism, I think evolution is as close to correct as we currently have but I'm not one to doubt theories that state things like, "this universe was originally manufactured and then left to its own devices."
The ancient ayy lmao theories are pretty entertaining too.

So yeah, I'm an atheist.
Hopefully that helps.
>>
>>19315369
I'm an Atheist and i still enjoy listening to Terence, like many others. He doesn't discredit any science as he mostly talks about consciousness which we still know almost nothing about. He never mentions aliens or deities being physical beings of physical matter but of consciousness within us and he doesn't speak with absolute truth and certainty about anything. Live and let live I say.
>>
File: sects.gif (10KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
sects.gif
10KB, 400x350px
If you are truly atheist as I was, then you would not have thunk too much about religion or after-life, you just go on living your life.
New agers aren't atheist, they listen to older Gnostics and pantheists saying there is God in everything and by finding a the secret truth or mediating you too can unlock the secrets to becoming englightned (eg become a god yourself).
See pic related, it's all a meme to divert from Christianity.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.