[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting for monsters in the woods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: burb.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
burb.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
So, I'm gonna be at my cottage today and tomorrow, in the middle of a forest that's devoid of human life for roughly 100-500 acres(back in the olden days, there used to be an apple farm there, but all that's left of it is a huge collection of now wild apple trees), give or take a few(not actually 100% sure, though we own at least 9 of those acres) and was curious, what do you guys think would get me face-to-face with a monster of the woods? (ya know, skin walkers, sasquatch, fleshgaits, etc) Any idea? I already know we have an 8ft by 8ft turtle there (saw the damn thing last year by our float on the lake, scared the hell out of me. Float was 8ft by 8ft and the turtle matched it) So surely there's gotta be more monstrous things there, right? Personally, I'm thinking of trying some tree knocking, thoughts? (we have a trail camera as well, so I'll try getting some pics if there's anything out there)
Pic related: A cormorant at my cottage chilling on the lake. (didn't have any other pics of my cottage area atm, that and I know all to well how good yall are at locating places from pics alone)
>>
>>19311294
First triple digit gets to help name it if I do somehow find a monster.
>>
>>19311604
Feminists
>>
you should livestream it, do tree knockings, and location?
bring a bag of fruits to offer the sasquatches
>>
>>19311712
this

OP please give update
>>
File: 1496944123523.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496944123523.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>19311294
A specific region would help narrow down the local cryptids. If you do go hunting for this shit be prepared. Anything that is said to hurt, kill, and ward off anything you may stumble across out there. The old saying is "it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it".
>>
File: IMG_5574.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5574.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>19311840
Unfortunately, all I have out here is my Ipad and Iphone, and the internt out here can't even handle youtube half the time. But I will try to record the results.

>>19312288
We're down in an area of massive forest called "annapolis valley" in Nova scotia. As for equipment, we have some gopher traps (they look like bear traps and are from the 1800s) if we need to slow something down or catch it. We've also got a phone line incase something goes horribly wrong.
If things go horribly wrong and I don't think I'll make it, I'll try leaving coordinates so someone can pick up where I left off. Although I think I'll survive.
Pic related: A look at the main body of water here.
>>
>>19312357
That's weird, my picture uploaded upside down...
>>
File: IMG_5582.jpg (932KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5582.jpg
932KB, 2592x1936px
Roughly 4 hours (give or take a few) before the first hunt. Me and gramps got our paratrooper camo jackets ready, boots primed, and flashlights charged. The first search begins tonight.
Pic related: a casual genocide of mosquitos at my cottage, what a wonderful sight. (Maytheyburninbugspray)
>>
>>19312357
So do you have a crossbow or something? I'd imagine there are bears there so you would bring something to defend yourself right?
>>
>>19313026
Don't worry, in the 12 years I've been coming I've only seen a bear once, and that was by the gravel pits. Plus, the blackbears in the area are rather chill from what I know. If there were grizzlies tho, well god help me.
I find a strong bug zapper and a knife is probs all I need. Zap for intimidation, knife for combat. That, and I have no qualms about biting something's throat out if I have to. I'll probs turn tail and run anyways. Atleast my grandpa's ex-navy(used to be and was pretty cool, drove mini subs and got a medal from the queen) so I'm pretty sure he's got enough combat experience to snap a bear's neck. Also, it's now 9:43 PM. Gonna whip up something to eat and wait for the sky to turn black with the night. Bois if we're lucky we gonna catch ourselves a squatch.
>>
File: image.jpg (694KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
694KB, 2592x1936px
Oh boy oh boy.

>inb4 Squatch hunt

Night has fallen, time to get to work.
>>
I've failed in my hunt, I was unable to provoke a response, although I THINK I heard one, albeit very faintly in the distance. Kept the recording anyways since I did say I'd record it.
On a side note, when we were doing it, I heard something moving through the trees some where nearby. Wasn't able to see what it was but I could hear a few small branches breaking under it.
>>
>>19312937

What is that thing pictured? Is it some mosquito trap; and where can I purchase them? I need more than a few of those around my house.
>>
>>19314015
post that shit nibbba
>>
>>19314015
Nova Scotia has Bigfoot reports and Dogmen reports. Google reports of weird things or maybe stories about "Wild Men"
>>
>>19314231
Oh shit I forgot about dogmen!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkgkk_hb8bI
>>
>>19311294

>500 acres
>forest

That's literally my backyard, cityfag. No self-respecting cryptid would be that close to people.
>>
>>19313528
>snap a bears neck
>>
>>19313528
>only seen a bear once so I'm ok
>bears are chill
>old fuck grandfather
>snap a bears neck
>bite something's throat out

Dude...are you like 13 or some shit? Are you into deathcore too?

What the flying fuck. How fucking sheltered are you? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>19315240
I thought the same thing. Surprised he didn't get more (You's).
>>
File: 1500270903308.jpg (369KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1500270903308.jpg
369KB, 960x1280px
>>19315240
What do you think?

Probably this faggot again
>>
>>19314192
I'll see if I can get the name of it, it's this big green machine thing that pums out carbon dioxide to attract mosquitos, and when they fet near it sucks them in and traps them in a little box. It's genocide but fun.
>>
>>19315240
I will admit, I posted that around the time my ADHD medication wore off. Once that happens, my personality and the things I say tend to get... really stupid.
>>
>>19314208
I shall attempt to once the internet is no longer trash. For now, all I can post are text and pictures. Once I get home I'll be able to upload the videos.
>>
File: IMG_5593.jpg (930KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5593.jpg
930KB, 2592x1936px
Ok, meds are kicking in so I can thpe coherently again. Thank god. Sorry about my later posts, my more hyperactive side started to come out and I got a bit carried away. I'll be heading down to the gravel pits for a routine check of the area. Might find a few snakes or turtles, or even toads. Ironicly, the area looks like the place you'd expect to see a skinwalker or sasquatch, yet i never have. Probs for the best tho.
Pic related: Smol snek we found yesterday. Rare ringneck snake, supposedly very heard to find, but we always find one or two young ones in the same spot each year.
>>
File: image.jpg (694KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
694KB, 2592x1936px
>>19314192
Found the trap name
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.