[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Raleigh, NC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 34

File: Screenshot_20170718-025338.png (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-025338.png
147KB, 1280x720px
Who is from here, lives here, has experience in this area around Six Forks Station?

I have had witnessed alot of strange things here, not the home depot/food lion area or the apartment complex but more the cancer research facility and the "retirement community" which seems like some big empty research facility or something else very strange.

This map of the area i posted has nothing labeled just to show everything. Im sitting here reliving these experiences I had, ive posted these stories before but back as they happened and with less backstory and detail. Nothing has happened as of recent as I dont live there anymore, but all of the things together just seem to lead to something bigger and more uncanny and unexplainable.

sure its another guy whose a full of shit idiot on /x/, i understand, no one will probably read this, believe me, or even respond, I dont care, im posting everything I have as a sort of database for myself so i have all my info in one spot. If anyone does have any interest or info, be patient because i am typing/recalling/drawing maps/finding pics as I go.

dont blow your paranormal load just yet, let me post some info about me first..
>>
>>19310748
Yo, Waxhaw fag reporting in!
>>
>>19310748
Not a lot of spooks here in Waxhaw, that I know about at least. The Fox's Pizza Den in Downtown is said to be haunted by the owners and workers. And in my house I used to wake up with scratches all over my chest and back, (so did my sister I came to learn later on) until my girlfriend brought some holy water into the house.
>>
Ok so about me. Im currently 30, married with someone I love, we have a baby, i love being a dad, fucking blah blah blah. I live in Fayetteville NC now, its my home town, shit hole military town but I want my family to be in my son's life so I came back. These events took place when I was going to school in raleigh and I lived there when I was 22 until I was 26.

Im a pretty normal guy, nothing particularly phenominal has ever happened to me, I can without a doubt say that aside from a couple experiences that happened in this story, I have NEVER experienced anything paranormal or extra terrestrial.

I guess this has lead me to just not believe in anything really. ghosts, aliens, god, angels, the bible, or anything religious at all. I guess im one of those people who just believe we're bacteria on a perfect planet somewhere. could there be other bacteria like us on another perfect planet somewhere? I guess, doesnt mean they can warp drive to look at us then run away, but who am I to say? I dont really fucking know anything other than what ive been told my whole life.

I do have a general skepticism for big news sources and the american government in general but who doesnt these days?

So with that let me get into describing this place..
>>
>>19310760
>>19310829

op here, dont know where the hell waxhaw is, that sucks about the scratches
>>
>>19310846
It's in NC, about 3 hours from Raleigh.
>>
>>19310748
Lurking
>>
File: 2017-07-18-03-27-21-057.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-18-03-27-21-057.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>19310840

So in this area is where I lived. My apartment complex is in between the two yellow streets, and the orange line circling it was my running path everyday for these 4ish years I lived there. I would run usually around 2 or 3 pm and then I also liked running late at night anywhere from 10pm to 2am or later.

The blue X is the facility which I dont know what the fuck it really is. The green X was a cancer research facility and also had alot of other treatment centers and I also saw a gym and pools and it ends in a dead end and surrounded by alot of trees, did not have alot of experience in here as it looked boring as shit.

I found myself around the blue X area very often without giving it much thought. I was also a huge stoner in my early twenties and lived with one of my best friends who did not know I smoked. I kept it secret and would always sneak away outside at night and literally walk around the streets or hide in the woods smoking. So needless to say, it only makes sense that I had seen so many wierd things in this area.

I know this is boring as fuck so far, I have some good stories coming but I just want to set the scene first. Like I said, read it or dont, fuck you.

Now I have to explain how the woods are set up in this area because it is crucial to understand how they are set up to block your view, coming up..
>>
File: 2017-07-18-04-17-18-630.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-18-04-17-18-630.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>19310887

cool, so in this map, you can see where i added alot of hard to distinguish green lines and blobs, these are wooded areas consisting of tall as fuck pine trees, some 40-50+ feet tall. all of them. NC is infested with them. I fucking hate pine trees. they drip sap on everything and ruin your car paint. I should also note that just so you dont think im a closed minded NC country bumpkin, ive lived in alot of places. I lived in Seattle WA for almost 2 years, jacksonville florida and Waterloo Iowa for some time and Ive traveled out of country to Costa Rica and lived in a city called Villa Vehla in Espirito Santos, Brazil for 6 months recently. Im also white if that matters.

Now back to the trees. If you look at the line of trees on the left side of the apartment complex (between the yellow streets), they are blocking the view of any of the two or three story apartments from looking into the "retirement community".

Now if that wasnt enough, the purple line is a raised brick wall that lines the yellow street all the way down. its more than a wall, inside the land is raised to the top of the wall, and it is lined with homes.

Homes that are always fucking empty. at least 20 of them. in the entire time ive lived here ive never seen a single person inside or in the yards of these homes. ever. you cant reach them from the street but you can see them.

You can look at the houses all day, but you cannot see past them and into the complex. this stood out to me the first couple months I lived there and remained the same to this day when I recently visited.
>>
op here, eating food, will post more in a bit
>>
File: 2017-07-18-06-02-10-595.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-18-06-02-10-595.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
op here, im not done talking about the wooded area, I will post more about it tomorrow. I went on google streetview to get some good snaps of this place. In the pic you can see the pink arrows. This is the direction Im facing on streetview, trying to take some snapshots of inside the complex, this is also the highest elevation around this area. lots of hills in Raleigh and this part of forum drive is the highest. I will post the stories and actual interesting stuff tomorrow I swear but I have to sleep, right now im just going to post these strange snaps I took, tell me what you think (waxhaw guy, since no one else cares)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-054855.png (927KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-054855.png
927KB, 720x1280px
>>19311070

what is this photoshopped foliage in the shot? there are no trees that over hang into the street.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-054923.png (872KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-054923.png
872KB, 720x1280px
>>19311070
more foliage covering the camera that shouldnt be there
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-054949.png (929KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-054949.png
929KB, 720x1280px
>>19311070
shot of the entrance to this place, more shooped fucking foliage. for the record, i have never streetviewed this place, and have just now seen this tonight.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-055102.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-055102.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>19311070
>>19311087

went into the main gate from streetview, cant go further than about 20 feet past the gates though, this dude looks concerned that a giant camera car is in here
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-055109.png (827KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-055109.png
827KB, 720x1280px
>>19311091
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>19310748

It could be Trafficking connected and/or a "Hidden in plain sight" Facility(That could have more below the surface).

[/HTG/ Threads: http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/HTG%20/start/March/]

Trafficking is one of many things I've talked about in the KB threads/Comments:

[KB Threads: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/]
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-062411.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-062411.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>19312273
maybe, glad to see someone is interested. Here is a map of the backside of the complex, this is the opening TODAY. Back when the strange events happened, it was in this area which was fenced off, dark and covered in trees

Now it looks like theyve paved a road through this area. When I come home from work tonight im going to explain everything that happened here.

The entrance thats in the picture is going to be marked with a red X in the next overhead map.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-062425.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-062425.png
1MB, 720x1280px
a better picture of the new road, i posted the wrong one. I dont know if they paved over the lake or not, but you cant go into the road on street view.

The lake area is where we would sneak in under the fence and smoke.
>>
File: 2017-07-18-16-58-17-941.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-18-16-58-17-941.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>19312655
>>19312661

this area is marked on this map

like i said, anyone whose interested, the actually interesting stories are coming tonight, have to go to work now
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-054822.png (1024KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-054822.png
1024KB, 720x1280px
also, feel free to look up some info if anyone thinks im full of shit about this place being shrouded in mystery
>>
File: 1500257830614.jpg (174KB, 987x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1500257830614.jpg
174KB, 987x1141px
Just took a look on google maps myself because I thought the whole "photoshopped leaf on camera" shit was fake. But you're right, it's plastered all over the camera super fucking obvious. What is this shit?
>>
Those street view pics op posted are odd as fuck. Anyone who has seen the Google car driving around knows the camera is just mounted on top of a car and it wouldn't be any higher than your average suv.
With those shots, it looks like they want you to think that the trees are hanging so low, that they block the camera which is damn near impossible. Otherwise these branches would be about 7 feet off the ground.. I myself have never seen a street with trees and foliage that hangs that low.
Even some of the shopping looks shitty cause they didn't trace the leaves correctly and you can't see the background in places where it should be visible.
I'm nowhere near there op but interested to hear your storied just the same!
>>
an ex of mine livas near raleigh, in a small town called tobaccoville. haven't talked to her in years but she told me a few stories she had. i remember she told me she was out with a friend late at night and they saw this weird figure that looked like a goat man, so they started walking home. when they got to her friend's house they went to their deck to hang out and saw the same figure in a treeline in their backyard and its eyes were glowing red
>>
>>19312708
>>19312756

op here, yes extremely wierd, once again I want to note that Ive never seen this before I made this thread.

Bumping this, hoping to get more people interested, stories coming tonight!!
>>
im about an hour away from there and weird stuff goes on all the time
>>
>>19313606
probably not talking about The Cypress huh? whatbare the odds that i'd find someone from this area? I know I wont.

anyways, found this on google:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-cary/1998304-cypress-raleigh.html

"I really can't tell you much about them other than I am the DJ for their holiday party for the last 5 years now and there is very little turnover with their staff, so that's always a good thing! Seems like they treat their employees well, which would indicate to me that the employees take care over the job they do!"

Same employees for 5 years? idk, sounds like something fishy to me.
>>
I live within this area but this is the first time I've ever heard about spoopy stuff in the area. Any specific instances to research?
>>
>>19313769
nothing except for the stories im going to type up when I get home. Like I said, I posted the name of the place with a phone number, im going to call tomorrow and see what I can find out unless someone beats me to it.
>>
Ive done some work near there. Looked like a typical old folks place to me. 5 years of the same staff seems wierd though.
>>
>>19311087
Britbong lurking for interest, you're setting this up well OP, carry on dude, please
>>
I live like 2 miles from there. I'm out of town this weekend but could do some onsite research this weekend if everyone wants.
>>
>>19313045
just curious, is there another Tobaccoville in carolina? the only one i know of is just south of King and north east of Winston. no where near raleigh. very close to me, so you got my interest spiked if you're right on the town but off on the general location a little
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-005032.png (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-005032.png
131KB, 1280x720px
ok, just got home, ive been looking online and apparently you can travel back in time with streetview but it has to be on the full version of google maps on a desktop or laptop.

If anyone wants to take this address and try to capture an image of this entrance in 2010-2012, its 8670 Lead Mine road. this is the area where the weird things happened. About to greentext the stories now.
>>
>>19314663
8760 Lead Mine road, not 8670
>>
File: 2017-07-19-01-21-21-856.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-19-01-21-21-856.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
so first story, to me, its the spookiest part because I was there, to other people the other stories may be spookier, but this is when I went from extremely comfortable inside here to FUCK THAT PLACE.

>be about 24/25
>best friend comes from out of town from fayetteville
>"hey whats up man!"
>all of us hanging out including goodie two-shoes room mate
>decide to go for a "walk"
>me and bff go outside around 2am, walk around the streets
>cant wait to show him my new smoke spot I found

for the record, I would go here at night in the dark by myself. about a quarter mile from my house, alone, in the pitch black. this frightens me the most.

>walk down leadmine road
>no cars as usual this time of night
>just pine trees and streetlights
>we come to the faint gap in the trees at what I now know as 8760 Lead Mine road
>walk into the few feet of woods, up to a chain link fence
>friend says "hey this is pretty nice"
>"hold up, this aint quite it."

before I go further, this was never any sort of service entrance or anything. it was just a fence to keep people out. behind the fence inside was one of those big green power boxes, about 4x4 foot, maybe 3 feet high. behind the power box was the gorgeous huge lake with a fountain in the middle. this whole area was beautiful and also in the pitch black dark. all you could see was the darkness of the woods around you, the night sky lit up by raleigh city lights, and faint reflections on the water. this entire area had no paths or cars or buildings, it was secluded from the hotel looking buildings and was probably just scenery that they werent using at all, seems like thats changed now. Needless to say it was the greatest secret smoke spot ive ever fucking had.

The green in the image is tall ass pine trees. The purple mark is the power box that you could sit at, and the orange blob is a huge man-made dirt hill that is positioned at the lowest part of the street, obviously designed to keep you from looking in.

more to come..
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-012919.png (2MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-012919.png
2MB, 720x1280px
>>19314829
before i continue, a quick look at the man made dirt hill, the only thing thats the same today. theyve done a lot of work since then it seems, obviously they used none of that dirt for it, it must just be there to keep peering eyes out.
>>
>>19314829
continuing..

>grab the bottom of the fence
>pull up and tell friend to crawl under
>crawl under myself
>walk about 15 feet to power box
>sit down and pull out my grinder
>buddy sits next to me
>"this is fucking perfect"
>"aint it?"
>pack a fat ass bowl, just chilling, talking
>laughing loudly, etc

it just dawned on me right now, why this happened when I brought a friend. and it was obviously because we weren't very quiet

>we are fucked up
>laying back on power box, looking up
>wind it blowing hard
>tall as fuck pine trees are swaying like crazy
>looking up at them they are scary as shit seeing them almost bend and snap
>tripping out over trees
>sit back on the ground, facing away from the lake
>friend goes "wait, did you hear that?"
>high as fuck
>"hear what? we're in the woods and its windy as shit"
>laugh about it
>still smoking more
>wind dies down
>quiet, then all of a sudden
>slow, but steady *crunch* *crunch* *crunch*
>we look at eachother
>friend says "I know you heard that shit."
>I feel my entire body go cold with fear. like all the blood drained from me.
>both of us frozen, staring towards the woods
>they are heavy, slow foot steps.
>coming from the pitch black woods
>they literally stop what sounds like 5 feet in front of us

continued..
>>
At this moment I cant see a fucking thing, but ill be honest, as close as those foot steps were, I should have been able too.

Immediately Im thinking "oh fuck its a deer, bear, dog, animal something" but at the time I didnt realize that the crunch was clearly a mans foot step, and the thought of someone walking around in the pitch black didnt occur to me until we had already booked it.

>me and my friend are peering into the darkness
>im not one to say i feel an evil spirit or something
>but I definitely felt a presence
>my friend, in an attempt to scare away said animal goes:
>"AHHHHH!!" at the top of his lungs towardz the dark
>no sound is made
>nothing runs
>absolute quiet and pitch black
>look towards fence and my friend has already gotten under the fence and to the street
>im right behind him

fucking running. around the corner, up the top of forum drive, back home. that was the last time we went under the fence, but not the last time we investigated.
>>
so this story, me and my friend forever refer to as "the invisible man".

I dont know if this place is some secret organization or facility, but all I know is that they do alot to keep people from looking in, and no one has ever lived in any of the houses that line the inside walls of the place.

this leads me to believe that if it is in fact some retirement community, then they have this wondeful little crop of land that happens to be a wonderful area to keep peering eyes and humans out, and maybe they built it around something. bigfoot? idk. But its a super dense patch of woods behind this fence, no other large animals could get in, and like i said, there were no paths or utility sheds or anything back by the smoke spot, which leads me to believe whatever is back there either knows its a perfect little utopia where it can live in peace, or it was built around it unknowingly.

or if it is some wierd ass facility, something escaped and couldnt figure out how to leave. I dont know. But i want to call tomorrow and ask some questions.

more stories coming soon..
>>
Hey, I live at The Village apartments, right off Strickland Rd, directly across the street from that retirement community. My grandpa lives there. There's nothing paranormal about it. You're a total tool lol
>>
>>19315000
oh yeah, how much does he pay a month? Pretty shitty that he probably pays 5-6k a month while his grandson lives in turd hole like The Village. Not that its terrible but its on par with Six Forks Station. nothing special about it.

Also, like I said, its possible that place has no idea about something living in its isolated woods.
>>
>>19315068
what am I his accountant? I dont know dude lol hes my grandpa not my partner. yeah the village isn't that great, def a bit better than six forks station.

but you raise a fair point. there is a lot of land there, and I have checked it out on google maps. come to think of it, the tower is directly adjacent to the property. now that's some weird shit. do you know about the tower?
>>
>>19315093
All I know is that there are always nice cars parked in the lot in front of it, and I would never see anyone on the balconies.

If you want to get into wierd, go down harvest oaks and take a right on forum and tell me if you see any signs of life in any of the homes that line those streets.
>>
>>19310760
Grew up in Waxhaw up a long gravel drive off New Town Rd.
>>
>>19315113
I've been down forum many times, but I've never paid attention to the homes. I'll have to go check some time soon.

You never answered me about to tower, though. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's a radio tower on Strickland and Lead Mine. Do you understand why I bring it up?
>>
>>19315128
doesnt ring a bell honestly, I thought you meant the hotel tower in the middle of Cypress. Cant say I recall a radio tower, explain sir
>>
Gonna be honest- just looks like a branch fell on top of the Google car in those map screenshots
>>
File: thetowerstreetview.png (839KB, 1300x627px) Image search: [Google]
thetowerstreetview.png
839KB, 1300x627px
>>19315135
Okay, this is a lot to unpack.
So let me start back in 2012. Me and my friend (I'll call him Gabe) used to hang out around here all the time. Gabe lived off Bridgeport Dr (off of Lead Mine) and we used to walk around that area a whole lot, just fucking around. As I said, on the corner of Lead Mine and Strickland there's a large radio tower, and that thing ALWAYS gave off weird vibes at night.

But it wasn't just weird vibes though - there were several times where we each would feel a very strong hum and slight tremor below us when we passed by. Alongside this, there would sometimes be people parked there - only at night. Gabe remembers this too, so we can both verify this (though I haven't talked to Gabe in a couple years) but one time we were walking by goofing around and parked was a blank SUV and a blank pickup - just off white. Three men left the building, two dressed casually and one dressed nicely, talking to each other in serious voices, and as SOON as they saw that we were there they all got silent, and as they approached their vehicles they just stared us down, like I'm talking intimidation stare. We just kept going on our way and I could tell that he felt intimidated as well, and we talked about it the rest of the night.

This could also be nonsense, but ever since I've moved here (2016) I've started getting shitty headaches. This honestly might just be a coincidence (probably.)

There's more to it but it's stuff that happened to Gabe, and honestly I don't really remember. I'm maybe making this sound weirder than it is, but there's something about it that's always just felt off, and I was legitimately hesitant to move here exactly because of the fact that it's so close to that tower. And honestly the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm reconsidering calling you a tool for the things you've brought up because idk dude, shit's off around here
>>
>>19315200
(also lol that actually wasnt as much to unpack as I thought itd be)
>>
Never been to that area, used to hang out in the woods that are now ZipQuest in Fayetteville NC. Had some weird things happen there.
>>
youve actually piqued my curiosity. I'm going to call my grandpa soon.
>>
>>19315200

well thats really odd that you brough up the tremors. That was another strange thing that happened on forum drive. I was standing at the bottom of the hill and I heard a low rumbling sound, I looked up the hill and I swear I could see the land abd the trees vibrating. Not violently, but juat like everything looked oddly blurry in the distance. I remember seeing the blurryness travelling towards me and hearing the rumbling get louder, then it was seriously a legit tremor like the one you said you felt, and then I watched the blurryness travel up forum past the movie theatre and elementary school.

Its the only time I remember experiencing what I thought was an earthquake.

that area is very odd. Ive never noticed that radio tower. im just glad that someone from the actual area i'm talking about responded and is telling me theyve experienced weird shit too.
>>
also im gonna post the two other stories that happened tomorrow, dont feel like laying them out tonight. But we did go back to that entrance a few months later but we were scared shitless for a while.
>>
>>19315323
yes! thats so fucking weird that you saw that too. damn I need to get in touch with gabe again now. the blurriness - we would notice it in conjunction with the humming, but I always noticed it at the peak of the tower, but it was never a super extended thing. god damn I need to get in touch with gabe. going to bed now but I'll try to remember to follow up on this because honestly what.
>>
>>19315125
Dude no shit?
>>
>>19315125
When's the last time you've been to Waxhaw? There's so much shit and development that's happened. They're putting damn $1500 a month luxury apartments in the middle of goddamn downtown, and STILL only have the one lane roads.
>>
I am monitoring this thread
>>
monitoring thread (I live in this area)
>>
>>19311072
>>19311080
>>19311087
Can you take any photos yourself, OP? Britfag here but this is interesting as fuck.
Sorry if someones already asked, haven't read the whole thread yet cos I'm at work and can only read this during cigarette/lunch breaks
>>
What about that dingy ass at+t building by the old folks place? That building reminds me of dungeon from a link to the past
>>
>>19311072
>>19311080
>>19311087
i would guess a branch fell on the camera when the google car was recording
>>
>>19314946
>>19310748
great thread, OP
>>
File: images-2.jpg (6KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
6KB, 470x313px
Been following since this morning. Hurry up and wake up op, i wanna hear the other stories
>>
>>19315866
it also could be attributed to falling leaves as well bc the weird foliage appeared in other places too even at different dates
>>
also OP this could be wildly unrelated but while i was going around the area, i noticed the weird house that was completely blocked out at any distance on maps, i havent tried looking at it from a different date but i thought this was just too weird to not mention
the exact address is 8307 Grey Abbey Place
>>
>>19316104
I believe you can have your property blurred by Google if you ask them, my pops said he was gonna do it.
>>
Considering you're in the "Research Triangle", it's not that unlikely that weird shit is going down. A lot of money and really intelligent people move through there.
>>
>>19316104

op here, awesome to see others interested, will be posting more later, I noticed the blurred house too because I was trying to see if the branch fell off at some point and was on the ground somewhere.

It dissapears right as you reach that intersection with the blurred house.
>>
>>19310748

Stop fucking with our shit you jealous bastards!

>t. Charlottean
>>
Charlotte going to Raleigh once uni starts. Lurking this thread
>>
bump for more updates, i want them spooky ass stories
>>
>>19316104
op here, also, if you go to the bottom of forum drive and look up the hill past Cypress towards where the blurred house is, there seems to be some strange blurry off colored anomoly over the road. It appears in all the pictures leading towards the house.

>>19316225
never realized this, you are correct

>>19316698
more coming tonight after work, thank you guys fot being patient

Let me know id you guys have any more strange streetview stuff! The radio tower around rustinos pizza and zaxbys is very interesting!
>>
File: 1454620631443.png (45KB, 200x295px) Image search: [Google]
1454620631443.png
45KB, 200x295px
are you talking about health trax dude?? i was thinking about doing aikido there....
>>
File: tower.jpg (77KB, 2000x1124px) Image search: [Google]
tower.jpg
77KB, 2000x1124px
>>19316951
Six Forks station resident here. really cool that others are interested in the tower. in fact almost feels like a cosmic coincidence that others on here would be interested in this specific location. its spooked me out for the past year. ive planted orgonite near the base in attempt to neutralise the odd vibes (call me a nut whatever) but it freaaaks me out. took a good pic of the peak once...cant you just feel something weird about it?
>>
I lived in six forks station apartments for 7 years and never noticed anything weird. Also had a friend who jumped the gate and snuck into the community center and from what I understood it sounded pretty normal. I live about 5 minutes from the place if anyone wants me to check it out
>>
>>19316990
I just realized something though. That friend who jumped the gate stopped going to school at some point. His family moved from the house they lived at up the road and I've tried looking him up throughout the years but it's like he fell off the face of the planet. Only thing left is his myspace.
>>
>>19315135
>>19315900

Ok op. Im near going to sleep myself, so there better be some damn juicy spooky stories for my morning commute tomorrow. I already nearly missed my stop this morning zoning out on this thread

But what im gathering from this thread is this
-the whole conspiracy around the property is that it could be a Masonic/religious kind of deal. Outsiders are spooked by a night watch that manages to scare anyone around the place, and possibly why anon and his mate got eye graped by the 3 fellas in their Sunday best
-the tremors could be from tunneling or mining? (Dont throw shit at me if both are wrong. Just throwing theories out)

But yeah. Im interested either way, been lurking /x/ for a solid week trying to find something decent to read
>>
>>19316990

op here, jump the gate! Or walk right up and see if you can talk to anyone who works there, see if they're wierd or not?

lurking myself, very excited that other North Raleigh anons are here. Going to post the last stories tonight, just want everyone to know that in the next couple stories I never see any sort of monster or craft or anything, it was never that extreme except for the invisible man, the other stories just assure me that something strange is happening here.

anyone able to go back in time on streetview on a desktop to 8760 Lead Mine road? Would love a picture of the fence, dont have a desktop myself.

heres how to do it

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/travel-back-in-time-with-google-street-view-11363960715817
>>
>>19310748
Ill be moving back to NC State in the next few weeks. Will definitely visit with some friends and cameras.
>>
>>19310748
Raleigh resident here, pick up my paychecks from six forks every week and shit you not applied to be a groundskeeper at the Cypress Club a couple weeks ago, good thing i never heard back i guess. Ex grill lived off lead mine near gonzo tacos y tequila we used to go smoke a couple neighborhoods down near some pond with a big fountain in the middle, idk if its the same one youre talking about. Theres like this wooden dock thing you can walk out on that faces the fountain and a gazebo closer to the shore, nothing spoopy ever happened to me there tho
>>
>>19312273
God bless you!
>>
File: map.png (95KB, 647x661px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
95KB, 647x661px
>>19318854
map for reference
>>
>>19318974
>Maisons-en-mer
>"Masons-in-sea"
Obviously a clue laid into the established names of a city by its secret Masonic masters. The truth of the mystery must be that there is a hidden Masonic temple only accessible from the bottom of a local body of water, possibly that very lake you smoked pot by. Anyone willing to come scuba diving with me and search for it when I arrive in town for uni on August 12th?
>>
>>19318993
fuccck yeah I would, but I dont have scuba gear..

wouldnt it be in a sea?? not some shitty lake? still, we have to travel 7 years in the future to drain the water.
>>
>>19313718
The odds can't be too crazy. I live in Thomasville, about an hour away, and but I visit my brother in Carrboro all the time. Kinda want to go check this out next time I go see him.
>>
>>19318993
correction, maisons is french for houses, not masons
>>
>>19319258
Qui
>>
>>19319258
bullshit...
>>
>>19315558
Really

>>19315564
It's been a long time. I live in Chicago now.
>>
>>19319365
look it up nigga, it was the only class i liked in high school
>>
>>19317011
Thoroughly spooped
>>
This shit is creepy as all hell.
I think im going to stay on this thread for a while.
Keep us posted op on those stories.
>>
Wow this is some really creepy shit here.Update us op.I need to here more
>>
>>19310748
bump
Come back OP
>>
>>19310748
OP's been gone too long, secret experimental facility got word of his interest and had him eliminated
>>
File: Screenshot_20170720-202211.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170720-202211.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Found a blurred house on google maps.It's obvious they are trying to cover something.
>>
>>19321397
What's crazy is that since the images are blurred on Google maps it means that google could be in on it too.

Also, maybe OP is at work or taking a dump since he's been gone for a while.
>>
>>19310748
Eyyyyy Wilkes county reporting in. Woods is pretty creepy out here. Nothing paranormal yet.
>>
>>19321435
>>19321397
Jesus Christ read the thread.
>>19316104
>>19316110
>>
op here. so sorry guys, im a literal piece of shit for leaving you on cliffhangers, had company last night then was too tired when they left, hope everyone didnt lose interest but I guess dragging it out is leading to more people viewing the thread and more Raleigh anons getting involved.

last stories tonight, ill try not to let you guys down.
>>
>>19310748
Since you're using 4chan as your "database". Can you please dump keywords you use to search the archive for your own posts? be helpful to interested parties looking for the other threads about this.
>>
>>19321883
Share what you got op, super interested. I'll probably go check out the cell tower off forum and the cypress club with my friend next time he comes to chill. Crazy hearing about weird stuff not even 15 minutes from me
>>
it was a long time ago, I dont think I used the terms Cypress or anything, maybe Six Forks Station would help, it was a long ass time ago around the time they happened. If you really want to contribute see if you can time travel on google maps and get a snap of 8760 Lead Mine road in 2012
>>
Bro you are literally 4 minutes from me went to that Home Depot the other day. I'll prove it there is a steak and shake right up the road which is near capitol
>>
>>19310748
I know exactly where you are talking about!
Me and my brother used to have an apartment in that area and would use the massive parking lot complex where the Home Depot is.

I know that eeling you are talking about, it's like the whole area is built up and massive, but very few people actually go to any of these places.

it IS eerie sometimes. I chalk it up more to the location more than anything else. It's not near RTP and it's on the border of Raleigh proper so people just use it to drive to their destinations and don't really use the sprawling business centers there.

North Carolina actually has a lot of off the record military sites here. My father even works for a private company that makes military grade armor/weapons/vehicles, he works in RTP

Also Raleigh has been set up to be an emergency military city incase of an invasion. Massive under ground tunnels, huge infrastructure, and black sites.

As a matter of fact, the second largest 'black site' in north carolina is in Smithfield NC

But that's another story.
>>
>>19314403
I'm a student at state. I might check it out on saturday. Will also post findings.
>>
alright strap the fuck in, its 430 am and im drunk, lets remember some shit.

so if you remember, the invisible man approached us and was undeterred by my friends screams of protection and we bolted home at full speed.

after that i remember just me and my buddy telling everyone what we experienced. experienced is a lame term but I definitely couldn't tell anyone what we "saw".

so i kept my runs to the day time and my new smoke spot became the parkinglot/woods of the cancer research center.

in the picture the green area is extremely dense woods, the orange is the parkinglot, the blue is a path that has tire tracks all over it but doesnt look like any sort of road from the street and the pink is/was what seemed like a huge green box with maybe some sort of generator/power stuff inside which is visible from the woods very clearly.

So I would smoke in the parkinglot late at night and I still did not think much of The Cypress being a strange mystery facility. To me it was a retirement community with an awesome smoke spot that just had a fucking buzzkilling ghost floating inside (floating? he was stomping).

The parkinglot had a few curbs that were pretty discreet to sit on and smoke by, some nice bushes that partially covered me but then also some streetlights that illuminated me quite well.

So, the area here in general, north raleigh is very nice and chill. It has a school system in it called Leesville which is some of the best in the state and families move here just for that. There is also a nice movie theatre behind home depot and also an elementary school which is MOSTLY white kids. Not that it matters but, come on.. According to websites, The Cypress is a super expensive community, that is if it isnt a secret military base. Needless to say, this is a really nice area with low crime.

With that said, in this parkinglot I have had to dodge sneaky ass cop cars at least 4 different times.

continued
>>
File: 2017-07-21-04-36-36-092.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-21-04-36-36-092.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>19324215
wait heres the pic
>>
once I dodged cop car driving by and I got spooked so I took off into the woods. I saw the cop car, not turn around, but come back by driving in reverse. stopped at the entrance, then turned in to investigate and then proceeded to stop inside for what seemed for an hour. Probably just being a lazy ass cop taking a break, but it still boggles me why cops are circling this area so intently when areas like durham and Capital Blvd are so close by.

Not super creepy but theres more

After I realized how many police roam the area and could probably see me blazing right under a streetlight, I took it to the blue path in the woods

Now I use the term "path" loosely. it is woods. dark woods with a canopy and a kind of dirtish pinestrawish road with faint tire tracks. the only way you would know its a path is if you look at google maps and see it.. or... if your a pothead looking for a closeby discreet location to smoke at and you realize this kind of open wooded area close by.

there was a tree stump in these woods here. I would usually face the road and what was also The Cypress entrance, but i was still not paying attention to the place. One night I was sitting there and I noticed a van with no lights pull up to the entrance. It was super late, 3/4am, a guy, kind of fat and bald got out, looked around, and then went to the green box by the entrance and fiddled around with something underneath it. This made the front gate open and he proceeded to drive in. This is the moment that this place started to stand out to me.

continued. maybe. gotta poop.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170721-052954.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170721-052954.png
1MB, 720x1280px
correction. This path that was pure woods/dirt/pinestraw is now paved, streetviewed it just so I could see it again and looky there. Nice little cement path now.

Also in the image is the green box that homeboy was fucking with.

I tell ya, I went all around the outskirts of this box top to bottom, and there was nothing that I could see that would indicate that tampering with this would open a gate across the street.

The gate opened before he got back in his van btw.
>>
Also, this image is infront of the Cypress entrance. Looking the opposite way shows the photoshopped leaf/branch anomaly.
>>
NC Triad areafag here. Damn, there seems to be a lot of /x/ threads popping up about NC lately.

>mfw despite this nothing ever paranormal happens to me

also bump
>>
>>19311087
Man i think a branch fell on the Google car.. I just street viewed through there and it appears a little way down the street.. Almost like it fell out of a tree
>>
File: nrS4ch.png (2MB, 1109x598px) Image search: [Google]
nrS4ch.png
2MB, 1109x598px
>>19317775
>8760 Lead Mine
Here is from September 2011
>>
>>19321440
DUDE i'm from wilkes county as well.. Well, right on the Surry/Wilkes line
>>
File: cypress.png (854KB, 698x526px) Image search: [Google]
cypress.png
854KB, 698x526px
Lol it's a retirement community open to the public and you're talking about a like 20x20 pile of dirt behind their easily visible pond. You can literally just enter the community by foot; heck the street view car did. So brand new some of the buildings are under construction still. Multi-phase construction isn't very spoopy ihmo.

Also that tower is a cellphone tower reg #1002719. It looks weird because it's from the 80's.
>>
>>19322738
I want to hear more about these black sites.. any info? How do know about that?
>>
Oh damn I'm late Charlotte fag reporting in
>we Queen city n sheeiit
>>
>>19324838
yeah i mentioned that earlier, it could just be attributed to a falling branch/leaf so i think we should rest on that point for a bit
>>
>>19325061
also imma go look around more on gmaps to see if i can find anything cool
>>
Tom DeLonge's book contains references to a retirement home where ex-Project Paperclip types lived out their sunset years. This thread reminded me of that.
>>
>>19313718
>>19324932

open to the public? How so? Also, did you see the info from the DJ who hosted their party for "5 years" that he said in a post from 2013? There is still fucking nobody in those houses who the fuck are they hosting a party for?

and lol cellphone tower from the 80's huh, ok, spit some random number like it means anything.

next story

So i never saw the unmarked van come back to open the secret entrance but me and my buddy did attempt to check out the spot much later.

>7-8 months go by since invisible man
>have dismissed it mostly
>"animal or homeless person or we were too high"
>friend comes back to visit
>chilling and then we decide to go for "a walk"

my friend's mostly a big pussy btw. he's usually the voice of reason when we're in a stupid spot or doing something we're not supposed to.

So anyways, we're on our walk down forum and back up lead mine road to the spot. Like I said, we didnt go by here at night for a long time.

this is the first time we've been by here in the dark since the invisible man.

>streets dark and quiet except for streetlights
>no cars as usual this time
>immediately, from the dark ass thick dense woods behind the fence we hear it.
>*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*
>following us up and down the road
>stopping with us.
>my buddy has already crossed the street away from the fence and is walking home
>"dude! what the fuck is that!"

Im yelling at him as hes walking away as I stand there in disbeliefe towards the woods

"fuck that shit!" he says as he is non stop making his way back home

continued
>>
>"dude for real, what the fuck is that"

im waiting for my friend to come back, because all I have thought about since the invisible man was what was it. And i want my buddy to come back because im frozen in fear and im too chickenshit to investigate myself or even walk up to the fence.

>"idk man but im not fucking with it!"
he tells me as he rounds the corner.

I want to reiterate that these woods are pitch black, and I can hear someone trudging through this shit behind the fence with heavy foot steps. No human could be strolling through this dark ass shit for no reason at 3am for the off chance that a couple of potheads who broke in 8 months prior would be wandering around again.

after this time I was thoroughly spooked and I started to pay more attention to this place.

>>19324896
yes! thank you
>>
thread is tight wish it had more info or at least some oc pictures.
If I had more friends I would grab one or two and head over there it's like 15 minutes from where I live.
but even without oc I'm not about to get followed by a fucking invisible man or spooked by some old people manifesting spirits with their subconsciouses.
>>
>>19324932

raleigh anon here, why is a cell tower from the 80's still im a place as advanced as RTP? They couldnt update that shit in 35+ years?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>19324932
This is a private community. You can't access this place on foot. If you visit their site, the first words to describe it are "private" and "gated".
>>
and bump
>>
File: 1492554008501.jpg (15KB, 490x441px) Image search: [Google]
1492554008501.jpg
15KB, 490x441px
>>19324976
A lot of people in NC know about the smithfield black sites. It's a fact that is casually talked about, but not very often. Just a part of life that is accepted around here.

I heard about it from friend's parents who live and work in the area, a couple of them are cops too and talk about places and back roads they are not allowed to drive on.

These same cops speak about large fields down here that have under ground areas as well. They drill in and put up infrastructure, since there is not really bedrock or caves in this area.

It's fun to think about, but again, just a part of life that a lot of community members and parents are involved in. This is part of our areas lively hood and none of us are going to do anything to disrupt that.
>>
The only weird shit I've encountered in NC were a bunch of religious old racists that I was told to ignore and not pay any mind to
>>
OP: You probably heard a deer the first time around. Used to live in Winston (and then a few years in Raleigh, all my family is still in Raleigh) and would hear the exact same sound in my woods late at night. Flash my phone light and it's ALWAYS a shitton of deer. They're just really stupid and won't initially react when you yell at them. Also, Raleigh has tons of deer even in the most populous parts because the city won't cull them. I used to live on the very northern part of Avent Ferry and would encounter the giant wood rats five feet from me at 10 in the morning.

Between the two cities though, they've got a lot of spooky shit going on. Probably more som Winston, but Raleigh has its fair share. One of my siblings used to work at Dorthea Dix before it closed. Nutjobs not withstanding, that place has its own habbenings. State still has the extensive steam tunnels (miles) that might still have one or two entrances exposed (and are allegedly pretty spoopy).

Also FYI, RPD's fucking ruthless so watch where you smoke.
>>
>>19328559

this was my first thought too, but I feel like I could definitely tell the difference between 4 little (or big) deer hooves and two feet stepping and snapping handfuls of twigs.

but I also cant say ive been too close to very many deer to know what they sound like, so who knows.

I have also seen some wild dogs around the noose area, and the majority of the place was fenced in. I guess it would just take one wild animal running through the main gates late at night to get trapped in there and try to find its way out at all the edges. who knows, viable theories indeed though.

two more stories and these are the last ones

continued
>>
>>19328669
op?
>>
so the very next night after my buddy left, I decide to go right back again but this time on a late night run. Just tell myself ill run by and see if i hear anything.

>late again, 2/3am
>jogging by, dont hear anything
>coming up to the smoke spot
>several guys behind the fence with flashlights looking around
>one guy in the woods with a flashlight
>two of them with their flash lights on me
>Im looking at them hard but im also not stopping to give them a reason to be suspiscious
>cant see the guys at all or anything behind them because blinded by the lights
>walking past, still have lights on me
>i just go home

the next day I went to the spot in the day time, and they had two big metal spikes through the fence and in the ground, what seemed like several feet. fence was totally unmovable.

these same spikes were in the wooded areas up and down the fence in the woods, no way to get under at all.

I gave up after that trying to figure out what was going on there and soon after moved back to fayetteville.

Id go back in the middle of the night now though, with a big ass flash light just to shine a bitch in the face with it.

from outside the fence though. fuck going in there

well thats it for the stories, I hope a few raleigh anons go and check it out and bring back any info or pictures. Ill try to keep this bumped and alive for the next couple days.
>>
>>19328675
yes that was me, sorry
>>
>>19328716
now that i read my own "shocking conclusion" im pretty dissapointed with how anti climactic it is
>>
>>19328716
good thread anon, i had fun reading and investigating, im gonna troll around a little more on gmaps and see what i can dig up about the town in general, i would 100% go there but im an arizona fag so theres no way i could investigate in person
>>
>>19328744
honestly i didnt really expect anything out of this in the beginning anyways so it's nice that we at least got something interesting to think abt
>>
>>19328559
What all does Winston have going on? I'm only about 30 minutes down 109. I used to live across from 109 U-Pull-It when I was a kid. Not really interested in wandering around blindly though, since I don't want to be shanked or some shit by a crackhead.
>>
>>19330420
Winston's getting gentrified as fuck, so the stubby mcstab-stab stuff is relegated mostly to east and north of downtown before Pfafftown and K-Vegas.

As far as spoopy shit, the giant Moravian graveyard is scary as shit. Also, still a lot of urban ex you can do. There's an old garment factory that's about four stories and four different connected buildings that's just east of Reynolds high and fun to wander around in at night. Speaking of Reynolds, that auditorium hosted the last show of Houdini before he died at his next one and allegedly has ghosts of its own.

Oh ya, one of my favorite stories (and this one is true) one of the largest Masonic temples on the east coast (13 stories at the time) used to be downtown near the pepper building on the corner where there's a CVS. It burned down in a Masonic purge sometime in the 1910s/1920s.

Lastly, Hanes Mall was where the urban legend about thieves hiding under cars to slit your Achilles and steal your shit got popularized. I think the Christmas of 1990 the Journal ran a story on it and started a panic. Nothing happened though, to my recollection.
>>
Louisburg fag reporting in
I have a friend that lives not far from there
>>
File: h.png (447KB, 713x309px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
447KB, 713x309px
>>19316986
>>19315200

The house under the tower looks fake as fuck, and i don't know why but it scares the shit out of me
maybe it's the absence of windows
>>
>>19334246

that is pretty spooky looking. does a tower like that need anything to keep it running?

someone who owns that tower could have repurposed the house on its property, but that definitely doesn't look normal.
>>
>>19334412
Yeah, but if you wanted privacy you coulda just:
A) put thicker blinds on the windows
Or
B) tinted the glass
By physically bricking up the original windows it indicates that they're not messing around and are serious about hiding x y z, whatever that may be.
>>
File: IMG_8949.png (456KB, 634x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8949.png
456KB, 634x361px
>>19334246
>>19334412
Oh shit! The city of Raleigh does that. It's not a house, it's a cover to make the tower blend in with the rest of the "zone" (I.e. Residential). There's a water pumping station on Wade Ave disguised as a house as well (attached pic). The dead give away is the no door handles.
>>
bump, we on page 9, we losin' em'
>>
It's fucking remarkable how little cool stuff you guys have divulged in this long ass thread. Holy shit give us something more than this vague nonsense.
You heard footsteps in the woods and saw 3 guys with flashlights?

Jesus christ dude
>>
>>19336508
yeah nothing super special but it was more than foot steps honestly.

and it was more than just guys with flash lights. it was guys inside their own private community with flash lights looking for something within the walls in the middle of the night, so obviously it was more than just some foot steps in the woods. and also suck a dick.
>>
a sad bump
>>
>>19313718
Probably kept blindfolded Eyes Wide Shut style.
>>
>>19328559

used to live in Holly Springs, deers up the ass. You'd come into the driveway at night and see 3 or 4 standing on the front lawn like it was nothing.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.