[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discomfort From the Sky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: greatparty.jpg (17KB, 590x388px) Image search: [Google]
greatparty.jpg
17KB, 590x388px
Sometimes I look in the sky and it's so large and it makes me feel tiny. I know it sounds like a very basic thought, but looking at the sky makes me feel uncomfortable. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>19309013
I know the feeling. I get a similar sensation when looking down from a plane. In comparison to the known universe we are insignificant, "a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Even more thought-provoking for me is that when we look into the sky we are looking into the past as light can take millions of years to reach our eyes from the distant stars.
>>
>>19309100
There's something distinctly discomforting about it though. I can't quite put my finger on what, exactly.
>>
Imagine if the earth close orbited Jupiter or Saturn. I think we got it good.
>>
>>19309211
I'm not too space savvy. We'd freeze?
>>
How is this shit paranormal? Go to /adv/.
>>
try doing this on a nice clear sky day
>lay down in secluded scenic spot like by a lake innawoods on back arms by side
>with relaxed eyes stare into the empty clear sky and don't move at all not even blinking

you might like what happens
>>
>>19309243
Yes and torn apart, but forget about the disasters. Think what it would be like seeing a cosmic body in the sky with big ass rings night and day.
>>
>>19309293
I mean the image itself would be kinda cool. And yet, disappointing since it would be so far away.
>>
>>19309013
i feel the same and i always think it will rip all of a sudden in that moment, just another stupid phobia us humans have, but after all we are in /x/ and if we believe in the paranormal then we should admit to believing there could be being(s) capable of destroying earth
>>
you sound like a final fantasy character, OP
>>
>>19309013
now think about inside does that make u uncomfortable too? :)
>>
>>19309013
You're just hanging off the Earth.
>>
File: thesky.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thesky.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>19311565
???

>>19311579
>>19310175
There's something about the lighting that gives a strange feeling regarding to time and space. The way the sun goes down behind the trees. Staring at the sky makes me feel like I'm somewhere I'm not. That's it!

Does anyone else stare at the sky and then feel like they're somewhere they're not?
>>
Sometimes i look into the sky and my eyes begin to hurt, its alright when i look in other heights or directions but the sky sometimes burns in my eyes, like a static image on a television
>>
>>19313102
Its just the UV radiation. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>19309013
funny that this image was posted yesterday; i was watching Room 237, and this was one of the scenes that stuck with me the most lol
>>
Yes, you likely have agoraphobia. If so, it will get worse, gradually, to the point where you won't be able to leave your home or even bed without medication.
>>
>>19309013

yeah i've tried it sometimes, looking straight up in the sky during night. Felt so strange, like everything was way bigger and kinda wanted to stay there, keep staring while loosing myself into the immensity of the universe
>>
>>19309290
you float up
ever since i was a kid this would happen
its not entirely physical its more like astrally projecting i guess
but ever since i was a kid i could feel myself floating up if i looked up high at the sky or at a tall building and it made me scared to do so
>>
File: begone you poo.jpg (85KB, 680x752px) Image search: [Google]
begone you poo.jpg
85KB, 680x752px
i used to get that feeling all the time OP
i was terrified to look to the sky
it just kinda went away =)
>>
>>19309013
yea op i get that shit

i would lay down on the grass, on my back, looking up at the night sky. realizing the infinite void you're staring up at, with your back to an immense oblate spheroid, hurtling around a gargantuan ball of fire, it's all very humbling and surreal. the scale of things scares me the most. i would stare up at the night sky and my vision would go blurry, just staring with a blank stare at space, i guess being hypnotized. then snapping out of it. just imagine what you're looking at that you can't see.
>>
probs cos you're a narcissist
>>
>>19309013
You're made up of the same atoms and shit that everything else is made up of. The same atoms that compose the sun and all the galaxies are present within you. You are literally the universe looking in on itself. You may just be a small piece, as an individual, but you are part of something greater. Embrace the scope and grandeur of this universe, and relish in it.
>>
>>19314780
How'd you come up with this?
>>
https://books.google.com/books/about/From_the_Mundane_to_the_Magnificent.html?id=LoLYAAAACAAJ

You would like this book. A woman travels with her spirit guide out very very far to see just how insignificant our planet is.

But then the next night they travel in, into the human body and into cells, veins, atoms. Truly it is a wonderful but also intimidating narrative.
>>
It's called agoraphobia
>>
called Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. had this as a kid, not a big deal, i just kinda got over it.
>>
Wind blowing through tall trees can make me panic sometimes. Only during the daytime though.
>>
>>19316982
What time of day, exactly? For me, late afternoon is the most uncomfortable. The orange glow the sun projects onto everything is just...I dunno.
>>
Maybe you need to meditate more or some shit, idk. There definitely is a power to the universe, and gazing into it is gonna make you feel small if you think of yourself as separate from it. But you are part of the universe. All that raw power is connected to you.
>>
>>19309013
>>19309100
I don't understand at all. I find it very comforting, I dare say even comfy. There is beauty in knowing our place in the universe.
>>
Anyone who's spent any time looking at the sky and really contemplating its scope has felt that. It's a natural result of realizing how infinitely small each of us is in the grand scheme of the universe.

The key is to embrace it, and that panic will turn to wonder and astonishment. Nowadays when I stare up into a particularly clear, starry sky, I always have a shit-eating grin on my face.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.