[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in Big Pharma?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: n-DRUG-FRAUD-628x314.jpg (52KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
n-DRUG-FRAUD-628x314.jpg
52KB, 628x314px
Do you believe in Big Pharma?
>>
No, and neither should you. Fuckers would sell sugarpills if it weren't literally illegal. They wouldn't know a scientist from a marketer if their lives depended on it. Degrading standards all over.
>>
>>19308431

I meant the conspiracy theory.
>>
It depends on what you mean by Big Pharma. I believe that pharmaceutical companies deliberately mislead and advertise directly to doctors, and that this advertising leads to certain drugs being pushed on patients at the expense of other, possibly better drugs. For example, paracetamol (acetimenophen) is recommended to treat fever in kids, but the evidence that it works in negligible.

I also believe that the laws of nations are corrupted/changed based on this advertising (or, if you'd prefer, "lobbying") - as in, some harmless painkilling drugs are legal in some countries, but not in others. Why?
>>
>>19308423
The medical-Industrial complex?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQZ2UeOTO3I
I know these days John Oliver has a left wing so far up his arse it makes the muppets look live action, but before that he did make some good shit. This vid is just one facet of the entire industry.
>>
>>19308423
As a victim of big pharma yeah, they pushed that ADHD med shit on me and I eventually gave em and took em for about 4 years, I've been a year off them so far and I still don't feel "normal," and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up going back on them at some point.
>>
File: big-farma.jpg (317KB, 1200x675px)
big-farma.jpg
317KB, 1200x675px
>>19308423
I want to, but no.
>>
"Big Pharma" isn't a conspiracy theory. Even politicians use the phrase. Big Pharma has kept other types of drugs illegal and prevented research on them because medicine that works better or possibly cures some ailments won't keep their customers sick.

They want to keep their customers sick.
>>
>>19309094
I just posted above. Wanted to say one last thing. It's like Big Tobacco. That wasn't a conspiracy theory. They even did research into psychology as to how they could advertise to people and get it into their brains that smoking represented freedom, independence, being cool, etc.
>>
File: tinfoil-marlboro.png (520KB, 450x615px)
tinfoil-marlboro.png
520KB, 450x615px
>>19309098
>Big Tobacco. That wasn't a conspiracy theory.
Sure it wasn't, bud.
>>
>>19308423
No.

Now let me apply some leaches to make that cancer go away.
>>
>>19309205
Medieval medicine gets a bad rep, truth it's that most the treatments were cleaning and bathing, but those treatments got incorporated into everyday life and eventually what we consider modern medicine after the advances acomplished during the kingdom of Andalucia.

Even the leaches work, the leaches saliva has painkilling components and it helps when the blood it's stoped, expands the arteries for the leach convenience of course.
>>
File: 608.jpg (36KB, 709x765px)
608.jpg
36KB, 709x765px
>>19309036
Same boat here, anon. I got picked on alot in grade school so they thought the best solution was to load me full of speed. I was on that shit for about 7 years. I've been off it for four now and my mind is usually hazy and it's difficult to focus and remember things. I also feel like I'm less intelligent than I was before. Trying any kind of "third eye" type stuff also brings about sharp headaches
>>
>>19308423
Work as a pharmacy technician, can confirm. Big Pharma does some crazy shit. The manufacturer of Oxycontin sent reps to the doctors all over the country and told them that it was non-addictive.
>opiate
>non-addictive
Dumbshit docs didn't question it, turned half the population into drug addicts. DEA is still trying to mop up that mess over a decade later.

Guess how many countries have commercials for prescription drugs? America. Just us. Pharmaceutical manufacturers do some twisted shit to get people to take meds they don't need.
>>
>>19309813
My dad was a pharma rep, he literally did this, I remember him telling us back in the day that he thought OC use was going to explode because his friends that were reps for them were giving bunk information to docs
>>
>>19309892
The best part about the whole debacle is that the doctors are trying to blame the drug reps for the opioid problem because they took them at their word. Like, you're a fucking trained medical professional that failed to study a drug before shoving it down people's throats and it's not your fault because some salesman told you it was okay?
>fuck that shit nigga
>>
I'm a first year psychiatry/internal medicine resident who recently just got my medical degree. What questions do you have?
>>
>>19308449
Acetaminophen definitely works for t/o fever but it's not a cure and for the most part you don't really need to treat a fever unless it's so high the pt is a risk for seizures or the symptoms are unbearable. I have maybe only treated 1-2 fevers in my entire medical career--for the most part its a pretty useless vital sign because pts self-medicate and it just tells me that he/she is sick, which is obviously why they presented to the clinic or hospital.
>>
>>19310084

are ssris a scam? are there any "anti depressants" which aren't basically chemical lobotomies

it seems like anything that actually works is deemed abusable
>>
>>19308431
Placebos are legal in clinical trials. And doctors like myself would quickly take their pts off the "medication" if we didn't see a correlation with improvement of vitals, symptoms, or lab results. Not to mention, almost every patient would be noncompliant.
>>
>>19310103
SSRIs are not a scam. I know just because I was on Celexa for about 3 years during medical school after spending 2 weeks sleeping 18 hours a day and crying at random times.

Now do I think they are overprescribed by primary care physicians? Absolutely.

And the thing about them is that no Antidepressant is meant to be taken long term (>6 months to a year) after symptom resolution...I stayed on mine because the stressor was still in my life, it wasn't my first episode, and was on my own accord. I wean most pts off of them because you can go through withdrawal on some even after missing one dose (especially Paxil which has a half life of <1 day).
>>
>>19310103
I've seen pts with bipolar disorder on antipsychotics who lost their job, families, and essentially all their personal property due to their manic episodes and reckless decision making (mainly financial) who stabilized to go back and hold rather prestigious careers like law.
>>
>>19310084
I had a brief psychotix breakdown. I was taking risperidone and valproate. That shit makes me feel like a zombie. How many changes do i have to breakdown again?
>>
>>19310150
Well if you were on dual therapy you must have had more than one...
>>
>>19308423
Everything you could ever need for medicine naturally comes from the Earth.
Pharmacies simply corrupt it, destroy your health, and then endlessly profit off of your suffering.
>>
>>19309391
>>>19309036
bro i did meth for 14 years, and well. i fucking feel that the meth has made me grow 10x faster than i should have grown. all my constituants in the business world seem to be 10x slower than me in literally every aspect of business other than, i do tend to plot on everyone i have to work with.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.