[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: meditationn.jpg (272KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
meditationn.jpg
272KB, 1100x800px
What is meditation? What does it do? How do I do it properly? How do I know I'm doing it properly?
>>
Meditation is really just clearing the mind of any random thoughts.

With enough skill you will be able to feel your Chakra Points.

When you open your third eye you will know it. It feels like a warm bread roll tearing open. Or the opening of a Lotus Flower in Sunshine.
>>
>>19308348
Start slow, for instance stick a pushpin in the wall and stare at it blankly. Do your best to ignore your thoughts. Start by doing 20 minutes. Until you can blank the whiteboard of your mind this is all you will get.

Next level, slow your breath. Not to the point you can't breath, but you'd be amazed how slow you can easily breath when you're in a blank state. At this point you should be able to hear your own heartbeat.

Next step, now you only hear your heart beat. Not deafening, but it the only sound you hear. A thumping dirge of nothingness. Now try to slow that down.
>>
Opening my third eye was the most supernatural or paranormal experience of my life.

Because when I knew it was real, I couldn't deny it to myself.
>>
File: meditate.jpg (214KB, 1200x946px)
meditate.jpg
214KB, 1200x946px
>>19308348
Have fun
>>
File: StartingSit.jpg (2MB, 518x3648px)
StartingSit.jpg
2MB, 518x3648px
>>19308348
>>
>>19308998
how to?
>>
>>19309029

Some are not ready for enlightenment.

But the Divine Spark is still there hidden.
>>
Meditation is an exercise in mental and physical self-control. There's a lot of variations, just like there are many variations of exercise. The general structure is to bring the mind to a certain state, and then hold that state.

Void meditation tends to be the simplest, from what I hear. You focus your attention to a single point or sensation, such as your breathing, and then eliminate that to enter a state of emptiness.

Harder than it sounds.
>>
>>19309043

You have to calm your mind of all thought and slow it down. It helps to cut off all thoughts in your mind before they come to and end.

Or imagine your sitting by a river and watching your thoughts drift by. But dont focus on them.

This is how you relax and enter a trance state. What you are doing is changing your brainwaves.

Its sorta like entering sleep while staying awake.

You will know your in Trance state because you will feel a heavy sensation and a light vibration.

Only when your in trance state should you try to open your third eye by focusing on the center of the forehead.

You will know when it opens.
>>
>>19309083
different anon, I have had mystical experiences with contemplation and focus, e.g. with different forms of mental activity. visualization, etc. etc.

for me, I have difficulty differentiating meditation from sleep. I feel like when I cease thinking, it's no different from sleeping while sitting up, which is not a difficult thing. people even sleep standing up.

it's difficult for me to discern the value in this and wonder what else I should be looking for.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.