[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secure, Contain, Protect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: SCP-173.jpg (169KB, 1200x981px) Image search: [Google]
SCP-173.jpg
169KB, 1200x981px
What does /x/ think of The SCP Foundation?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/
>>
File: C1I3avSUcAASAKt.jpg (112KB, 1200x919px) Image search: [Google]
C1I3avSUcAASAKt.jpg
112KB, 1200x919px
>>19300248
Turned cancerous right quick. I only go there for the Sarkic and Church Of the Broken God stuff now. I have also dedicated my time to pic-related.
>>
>>19300248
I was in it for a while, but then when the OC started running low I jumped ship.
>>
>>19300281
Meh, they're not that bad. Most old ones are good, but i have to say the new scps are awful. They try too hard to make them original.
>>
File: Plague_Doctor_Clock.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Plague_Doctor_Clock.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>19300316
Oh certainly. Doesn'the help that a few of them are written terrible, and are "oh so edgy". One of the reasons why I love Lobotomy Corp. It does the whole 'containing eldritch horrors' thing -right-.
>>
>>19300248
Used to be better, just like /x/.
>>
>>19300385
>>19300421
>>19300281
>>19300304

Any favourite comes to mind?
>>
File: Whitenight.png (127KB, 273x264px) Image search: [Google]
Whitenight.png
127KB, 273x264px
>>19300448
If your talking about Lobotomy Corp, then Whitenight is a good example of interposed Christian symbolism with demonic eldritch horror. If your talking about SCP in general, then most of what I enjoy is from the Sarkic stuff. Like SCP 2191 (Klavigar Lovataar).
>>
>>19300248
The SCP foundation focuses on quantity over quality. While on the short term this overwhelming amount of supply can fill someone with bliss, in the long term, very few people can become attached to the content. As others say, a few of the old SCP logs are incredibly interesting, but lately, they're running out of ideas for the new SCPs.

Something that the SCP foundation didn't focus on before, but have begun exploiting, is the idea of using SCPs to test other SCPs, and interacting with each other. This is likely where the beauty if quantity shines, as they can have millions of interactions between the various SCPs. Regrettably, the moderators and posters of SCP are only exploiting this idea to a decent extent, and not to the point where it could truly enrich the SCP experience.

As it is, you can go on a spree of SCP logs where each SCP links to another SCP, and the more popular an SCP is, the more likely it is to be referenced by another SCP. A good example of their SCP interactions done right would be the countless tests they've done on SCP 682, found here: http://www.scp-wiki.net/experiment-log-t-98816-oc108-682
>>
>>19300728
Thx for sharing I don't need /x/ for a few days anymore thanks
>>
What I like about SCP is that some aren't remotely scary or dangerous.
"so that's a toaster that sings the macarena, that's about it" it add to credibility to add non malevolent weird stuff
>>
Always liked this one
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-060
>>
Some scps would rank among my favorite fictional works of all time, really creative ideas. I really like letter found at the bottom of the Marianas trench
>>
>>19300248
Usee to think SCP was real when i was a kid, that picture right there kept me up for months
>>
Fake shit......plain & simple
>>
>>19300976
That "lol so random" garbage was what helped kill the SCP.

I don't mind some harmless ones like the pizzabox that never runs out of pizza but anything more silly then that then it gets stupid.

Now if that toaster was where you heard a random song clear as day that wouldn't stop whenever you ate toast out of it then that could go somewhere.
>>
>>19301595
No shit?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.