[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Developing a scientific understanding of the source of our thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 25

File: masenergias.jpg (144KB, 941x628px) Image search: [Google]
masenergias.jpg
144KB, 941x628px
I believe that (at least some of) our thoughts originate from a paranormal origin. I would like to develop a scientific understanding and derivation of all possible sources of our thoughts, and what things we can do to willfully modify them.

In my personal experience, I have suffered from the following conditions. I believe they do not originate from myself, rather they are beset upon my for some particular reason or another. At one point I was able to begin removing these problems by changing my behavior patterns. Thus, it seems, that whatever it is that besets these thought patterns upon us is some echo of our own recent behavior.
> Thinking in words (rather than conceptually)
> Absence of planning and forethought
> Blocked thoughts (e.g. midway through a thought, the thought is stopped)
> Absence of emotion, feeling, and empathy
> Self-antagonizing and harmful thoughts (including criticism of self and suicidal thoughts)
> Social anxiety (thoughts of worry about what others will do or say, repeatedly thinking about what words to use to express myself to others)
[among other unwanted thought patterns]
I wonder if anyone else has managed to successfully change their thought patterns and via what means.
>>
File: wallls.com_82565.jpg (778KB, 2480x1700px) Image search: [Google]
wallls.com_82565.jpg
778KB, 2480x1700px
Here are some other behavior and thought patterns that I believe are beset upon me by some external source.
> Fidgeting
> Time wasting (absence of productive or wholesome activities)
> Discouragement from attempts to comprehend the origin of my thoughts
> Manipulations to certain behaviors (theft, masturbation)
> Sexually obsessed thought patterns
> Double think (thinking the same thing [including specific word sequences] twice or more in short order)
> Spaced thoughts (e.g. instead of thinking the word "shift," this thought pattern involves thinking each letter with some spacer in between, such as "underscore; such as "s, underscore h, underscore i, ...")
>>
>>19296782

>I would like to develop a scientific understanding and derivation of all possible sources of our thoughts, and what things we can do to willfully modify them.

Not something you're going to achieve on an imageboard. What do you really mean when you use the word 'scientific'?
>>
I believe you are correct OP, I have felt that myself. You should meditate every day, more than once if you can. You are being influenced by thoughtforms, but you can choose who to listen to. Raise your frequency enough and dark thoughtforms wont affect you. You may even meet some ascended masters if you're humble and honest enough, then they will teach you all you need to know.
>>
File: 1497098811430.jpg (102KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1497098811430.jpg
102KB, 500x628px
>>19296838
Hypotheses that validly describe the relationship between our behaviors and behavior patterns, and the thoughts that are set upon us. As well as how we can change our behavior patterns to establish thought patterns that we desire.

Some simple examples are where you want to do something, and then suddenly you find yourself repeatedly thinking about it. I believe that (regardless of whether the source of these thought patterns are external or internal) these relationships are consistent among different people and we can thus utilize them to achieve the thought patterns that we desire.
>>
File: IMG_1139.jpg (55KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1139.jpg
55KB, 570x587px
>>19296782
>>19296815
Seems like you recently learned the word "beset" because you keep trying to use it
>>
>>19296852

Ok, well if you're going to talk about science then you might want to use its jargon correctly at the very least. In fact, learning what a hypothesis is and what it's used for might be a good first step.
>>
File: img_1747.jpg (439KB, 1331x1331px) Image search: [Google]
img_1747.jpg
439KB, 1331x1331px
>>19296782
>>19296815
Here are some things I have tried which do not seem to have yielded any noticeable result in improving my thought patterns
> Apologizing for wrongdoings
> (Mentally) Requesting information on how to resolve these unwanted things that are set upon my life
> Appealing to higher entities (God, Jesus, etc...)
> Curse removal
> Spiritual healers
> Creating counter thoughts or trying to say "no" to the thoughts
> Blocking the thoughts
> Telling them (or their origin) to stop or leave
>>
>>19296871
Beset (of a problem or difficulty) - Trouble persistently (e.g. "the social problems that beset the inner city)
>>19296874
Hypothesis - A supposed explanation of an experienced phenomena, reasoning behind its source, mechanism, and other contributing factors, often made with limited evidence for the purpose of further investigation
>>
File: IMG_0530.jpg (65KB, 499x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0530.jpg
65KB, 499x389px
>>19296782
OP, you may appreciate a book that some /x/ anons cite here called "The Urantia"...

You may also be interested in various like-minded scientific writers such as L. Ron Hubbard...
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (32KB, 195x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
32KB, 195x273px
>>19296967
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book
>>
File: IMG_0533.jpg (48KB, 300x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0533.jpg
48KB, 300x408px
IMHO, Chinese spirituality seems to be a bit 'objective' (perhaps because of how ancient it is and well-documented) so OP may also do well by looking into Chinese spirituality (in the spirit of rationalism) as it is especially (IMHO) a good contrast with western spirituality.
>>
>>19296782
I could probably learn a lot talking to you OP!
>>
File: IMG_0501.jpg (182KB, 702x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0501.jpg
182KB, 702x702px
Sounds like you have a good start on recognizing or at least delving into "the self", OP!
>>
The Catholic Church may also be a good spiritual helper.
>>
File: 1499576517545.jpg (60KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499576517545.jpg
60KB, 646x720px
>>19296815
>Fidgeting
>>
The trouble with the internet is that online there are many shills and "alternative interests" and corporate/government profiling and databases and what have you...
>>
File: IMG_0471.png (325KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0471.png
325KB, 620x350px
>>19297001
(...just my personal opinion)
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (25KB, 236x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
25KB, 236x196px
>>19297001
Many people online pretend to be real people but are just trying to manipulate you or trigger emotions in one way or another, IMO...
>>
File: IMG_0445.jpg (51KB, 165x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.jpg
51KB, 165x229px
>look at this picture here

...I have successfully triggered you to think a certain way
>>
File: IMG_0467.jpg (56KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0467.jpg
56KB, 638x479px
>Somebody who looks like this...

I.E... Anonymous.... could just be a police officer or your corporate boss posting online
>>
>>19297001
Indeed, I should add
> Paranoia (that the government, random people via my webcam, or spirits are watching my every move)
>>19297024
This may be a paranoia that has been set upon you to oppress you
>>19297036
Are you wanting to post something here but afraid of persecution in some manner or another?
>>
File: 1499122330060.jpg (75KB, 838x628px) Image search: [Google]
1499122330060.jpg
75KB, 838x628px
>>19296995
I had an experience where when I would go to Church or read the bible that I would be increasingly asked (or have thoughts) to sell my soul to the Devil. This still affects me to this day. It is not really an experience I would like to have again.
>>
>>19296782
>At one point I was able to begin removing these problems by changing my behavior patterns
Would anyone in this thread be interested in the actions I performed which successfully changed my thought patterns
>>
>>19297064
Yes, pl0x
>>
>>19297079
Okay, I am going to revisit them and attempt to see if repeating those behavior patterns will again improve my thoughts (and consequent behaviors). I took quite a few notes during that period so posting them here for you isn't a problem but it may take me a few minutes/hours to find and go over them.
>>
File: IMG_0470.jpg (446KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0470.jpg
446KB, 2000x1000px
....psychology speaks of a "temperament" or some "innate" quality or perhaps force that's exists within an individual
>>
>>19297141
please do Anon, I'm not the previous poster but I'm interested as well
>>
Our Brains are Meat Modems to the higher Self.

This reality you think is real is a Simulation.
>>
We are all quantum beings. Hence, we are all quantum mechanically manipulable beings.
>>
File: 1498625610101.png (778KB, 622x466px) Image search: [Google]
1498625610101.png
778KB, 622x466px
>>
wingwong.nong

cool pool stool

ping pong print

The internet (our minds) is the real final frontier.

Tid-bin-billa

Government newsletter with details of public projects and contact information

It's like my subconscious is throwing up ideas about what I could do and automatically brings to my consciousness the idea that is the most fun.

There are so many distractions in the world that we cannot spend all our time on them. The government tries to help us make what it thinks is the best choice, but ultimately it is up to us as individuals to treat them as they are... distractions. We cannot ignore them for their effect is so perverse that ignoring them would be to let their effects spread.

Your subconscious (inner mind) will do everything in it's power to prevent change. It will come up with excuses, procrastinate, make excuses for not using ideas, even if it's good for you. The reason why you'll do that to yourself is because the old you is comfortable. It has a built in survival mechanism to protect the status quo, that's why change is so difficult... going directly into the subconscious, and rewiring how you think about yourself and your future is key to long lasting permanent change.
>>
>>19296967
>L. Ron Hubbard.
you adice him to read fkn scientology shit? are you even srious?
>>
OP here, an addendum to this subject, I also have a lot of symptoms typical of childhood trauma. I have spoken to my parent who has confirmed that my behavior changed after I was kidnapped as a child. Here are the symptoms of childhood trauma that match my typical behavior patterns:
>problems with relationship boundaries
>lack of trust
>social isolation
>difficulty perceiving and responding to others' emotional states
>lack of empathy
>difficulty identifying and expressing emotions and internal states
>difficulties communicating needs, wants, and wishes
>depersonalization
>problems with impulse control
>sleep problems
>difficulty regulating attention
>problems with a planning, judgement, and self-monitoring
>difficulty focusing and completing tasks
>poor object constancy
>problems with 'cause-effect' thinking
>low self-esteem
>>
>>19297823

I'm on a similar path, I think. I've yet to come up with a good strategy for this though.
At this point I'm still experimenting with meditation and lucid dreaming, it's pretty interesting, especially if you have a creative mind.
>>
>>19298023
Stalking the wild pendulum by Itzhak bentov might be an interesting read.
>>
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>19297656
...I said "early" l. Ron Hubbard, m8
>>
>>19296815
Paranoia it's socially created, if there's no other people, there's nothing to be paranoid about.

>I learned that from a serial killer.
>>
Read principles of neural design by peter sterling. It should be freely available online. It isn't difficult to read.
>>
File: IMG_0548.jpg (45KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0548.jpg
45KB, 407x405px
>>19297823
eliminate all weakness, exterminate with extreme prejudice
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (55KB, 489x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
55KB, 489x637px
Read the Art of Stalking Parallel Perception by Lujan Matus. You have noticed "the thing that is there" aka the predator.
>>
I think Napoleon Hill has some things you might find relevant. Affirmation and visualization to guide passive thought. Building some self respect through your concept of a deity.

12 step material might also be of interest. If you suffer from covert depression, there are thoughts and emotions that you try desperately to avoid. Your mind races and you seek distractions to avoid this existential pain. Meditation, counseling, amends-making can treat this dark cloud you've been carrying around.

These suggestions aren't very /X/ but they are EXOteric, meaning there is no secret aspect to them. The relevant info is widely available.
>>
Alter perception, alchemical or otherwise

Alter language, alchemical or otherwise

Alter what-is, co(s)mical or otherwise
>>
>>19298343
No you didn't. Reread your post the other anon quoted if you forgot what you typed.
>>
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.