[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yellowstone caldera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: ysnp.jpg (223KB, 930x619px) Image search: [Google]
ysnp.jpg
223KB, 930x619px
I am Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt, I have a PhD in Geophysics from Caltech and I work for the USGS, and I am here to warn you. I am currently posting form an encrypted router with an I.P jumper so I don't get caught. I am posting this on 4chan because of its anonymity and easy access, and I am posting on /x/ because you are the only ones who might actually believe me, unlike /sci/ who would instantly refer me to /x/. We have approximated that the Yellowstone caldera will erupt this year, in 5-7 months. Our current methods or prediction are quite primitive, this estimate is rough. Point is, you are not safe but I am. And that's the reason I am posting this because I feel like my life has no meaning if I don't give you a chance. Me and my family will be accommodated in an underwater bunker with several other important people, like the president and some CEO's. This information is only for the most privileged of society, I got lucky because I was working right below the director for this project. All my info is gone now, they have somehow erased me form the public's documents. When it erupts, it might cause a chain reaction with other volcanoes, and there will be very little safe places. But there's still hope, you need to go as near as you can to the Kazakhstan mountains, this is where in the worst case scenario there will be the least damage. I don't have much time, maybe less than 30 minutes to answer questions. Good luck.
>>
>>19294898
How many humans will die off? 95%? 99%
>>
I want to swim in that.
>>
>>19294898
>dont wanna get caught
>posts name and workplace
>>
>>19294898

why is that water blue? can you tell me?
>>
Wouldn't the redstone and greenstone be bad too? why only focus on yellow stone???
>>
>>19294898
I live in Jamaica. How screwed would I be in this scenario?
>>
>>19294898
hey there's the door, fucko >>>/sci/
>>
>>19294926
So have other retards

https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/cautionary-tale
>>
http://www.history.com/shows/doomsday-10-ways-the-world-will-end/season-1/episode-7
>>
>>19294898
>like the president and some CEO's
typically-retarded LARPer, how fucking stupid must you be, to think that an apostrophe shows plurality and not posession?? KYS autistic fag
>>
I think we jumped dimensions. We are in an evil alternate dimension. All hope is gone. I'm going to try to jump us back.

Praise kek, help us Pepe, you're our only hope
>>
>>19294898
>I am Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt...I am posting this on 4chan because of its anonymity

Yeah okay.
>>
>>19294943

>https://www.yellowstonepark.com/things-to-do/cautionary-tale

In 2016 a young man was walking with his sister and decided

>CTRL+W

Why does it seem that editing is such a daunting task. Or maybe editors are in short supply? I prob close half of the articles at some point when reading the news in the morning because of shoddy typesmanship
>>
>>19294933
>why is that water blue? can you tell me?
>sulfur i think
>>
This is copypasta?

http://4chanarchive.net/threads/x/I-am-Dr-Raymond-L-Wyatt-I-have-a-PhD-in-Geophysics-from-Caltech-ans/14246917
>>
>>19294984

no your dumb thatd make the water yellow
>>
>>19294898
>Will erupt this year, in 5-7 months
>5-7 months
>Less than 5 months left in the year
Copypasta?
>>
>>19294898
>openly states name
>doesn't want to be identified
Wot
>>
>>19294898
Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt is a Biology Professor from Wake Forest, nice try.
>>
>>19294898
I think it's safe to assume a PhD who is terrified for this planet's safety and his own for leaking would not post his name. How stupid do you have to be?

Either it's fake...

Or "LARPers" who are posting fake threads with bits of true information are really happening.

I've been watching /x/ closely for a few weeks and a lot of seemingly stupid larp threads are holding bits of info that I've seen repeated way too often to know not to be fake.

Who knows?
>>
>>19294898
Apparently they don't teach you about paragraphs when you're getting your doctorate.
>>
>>19294898
It won't erupt I've already jumped into a alternate timeline and stopped the event, when push comes to shove we can all phase over to it, this is part of the defragmentation plan.
>>19294933
Copper.
>>19294959
Not evil just less fragmentation, it's easier to swing between "Heaven" and "Hell" here.
>>
Is there any way to stop this?
If there isn't, then why run?
Very few people will survive even if they do get to Kazakhstan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6NtfMOUiPk
>>
>>19294931
Literally this.
>>
>>19294898
Ok "Doctor" whatever you say...
Fake and Gay
>>
>>19294898
Chain reaction with other volcanoes? You just revealed that this is LARP. Geophysicalmy, no eruption, even the last 'explosive erruption of Yellowstone 465,000 years ago had no impact on volcanology globally. Why? Because the wave form of a shock wave through mantle renders it mathematically impossible. You are just a retard teenager looking for attention.
>>
>>19294898
>"Me and my family"
>"CEO's"

Real learned doctor here, folks!
>>
>>19294898

Back to >>>/sci/ fag
>>
If this is dubs, OP's fidget spinner will give him aids tonight.
>>
>>19294898
wat do if you're directly near yellerstoned
>>
>>19294898
> I am posting this on 4chan because of its anonymity
>I am Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt, I have a PhD in Geophysics from Caltech and I work for the USGS

Doctor level intellect...DENIED
>>
Does Canada have any safe zones/ Thanks.
>>
File: dog-on-quad-lol.png (1MB, 1108x1108px) Image search: [Google]
dog-on-quad-lol.png
1MB, 1108x1108px
>>19295555
>>
File: 1387823004796.jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
1387823004796.jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>19295555
>>
>people still asking seriously

Never change /x/
>>
>>19294958
this.
&
>I am Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt, I have a PhD in Geophysics from Caltech and I work for the USGS,
>I am currently posting form an encrypted router with an I.P jumper so I don't get caught. I am posting this on 4chan because of its anonymity and easy access, and I am posting on /x/ because you are the only ones who might actually believe me, unlike /sci/ who would instantly refer me to /x/.
>>
>Underwater bunker

Being underwater won't save you from the fucking end of the world.
>>
>>19295033
>I am Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt, I have a PhD in Geophysics from Caltech and I work for the USGS, and I am here to warn you. I am currently posting form an encrypted router with an I.P jumper so I don't get caught. I am posting this on 4chan because of its anonymity and easy access, and I am posting on /x/ because you are the only ones who might actually believe me, unlike /sci/ who would instantly refer me to /x/. We have approximated that the Yellowstone caldera will erupt this year, in 5-7 months. Our current methods or prediction are quite primitive, this estimate is rough. Point is, you are not safe but I am. And that's the reason I am posting this because I feel like my life has no meaning if I don't give you a chance. Me and my family will be accommodated in an underwater bunker with several other important people, like the president and some CEO's. This information is only for the most privileged of society, I got lucky because I was working right below the director for this project. All my info is gone now, they have somehow erased me form the public's documents. When it erupts, it might cause a chain reaction with other volcanoes, and there will be very little safe places. But there's still hope, you need to go as near as you can to the Kazakhstan mountains, this is where in the worst case scenario there will be the least damage. I don't have much time, maybe less than 30 minutes to answer questions. Your fucking dead kiddo
It is now
>>
>>19294898
Actually had a dream before where I sneaked in an underwater base because it was the "apoocalypse" then met some cool rich dudes

Feels meh
>>
hmm
>>
>>19294933
Allegedly it's due to the bacteria in the water due to pollution from tourists, but that's probably a story started by ecofags.
>>
>>19294898
This came up in some time traveler threads.

The Kazakh mountains are the only place where the Soviet bunkers are still operational.

Mineral exploration in the Marcellus Shale can have seismic effects in the Rockies.
>>
>>19294959
We're in the Future Trunks timeline
>>
>>19294898
Please explain to me how the sudden release of pressure will cause the release of pressure in other volcanoes.
This is like saying putting a nail in a tire will make a second hole appear.
I have been looking into the connection with solar activity and geoactivity, it certainly seems connected, enough so that people are using solar flares to predict earthquakes and volcanoes. The rate that the solar activity is increasing does n fact suggest that the yellow stone caldera could erupt soon.
However the effects of this erruption would not be quite as severe as scientists like to predict. the majority of the country will get covered in ash, but this will also happen around the time severe storms would be taking place taking care of a considerable amount of ash quickly.
It is very possible for this to cause several severe earth quakes though, as the magma causing pressure on the caldera is considered part of the flow between a few of the larger fault lines.
It is a good idea for anyone living near, and directly east of yellowstone to consider moving.
Also anyone east should know one trick, take some natural charcoal, crush it up and fold it in a bandana, getting this wet can help a lot. then cover your mouth with this, also wear eye protection. This is a precaution you should use if you get stuck outside during an event like this. Basically if it looks like it's snowing and you know it's ash, take this precaution to avoid serious damage from falling ash. not perfect but suitable for emergency, long enough to get to shelter.
Still not an end of the world event, just a nasty natural disaster that COULD happen soon.
>****NOT GUARANTEED TO HAPPEN SOON***
>COULD HAPPEN SOON
>>
>>19294984
>why is water blue?
because blue is the shortest wave length and water absorbs all the other wave lengths absorbing all the other colors letting only blue out.
oh wait that's how...

Water is blue because blue is a cool color, and water is cool. This allows people to recognize the coolness of water without having to thin about it. Because it simply looks cool.
>>
>>19294898
>PhD
>very little safe places
It's "very few safe places" you mong
>>
>>19296424
I imagine that Mt. Saint Helen's and the yellowstone caldera are linked.

I would blame the fracking quakes.

The weirdest part about this is that OP mentions the kazakh wilderness. If this is hoaxspam, then I imagine that some Central Asian travel agent will be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>19294898
>me and my family will be accommodated
>there will be very little safe places

not very good grammar for a doctor but otherwise good LARP
>>
File: kill_yourself.jpg (107KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself.jpg
107KB, 1368x1026px
>>19294898
I love a good LARP but this has too many holes in it:

Uses IP anonymizing tech AND his name

No such thing as an underwater bunker. There's nothing an underwater bunker can do that an underground bunker can't do easier (and cheaper).

A Yellowstone eruption will cause a WORLDWIDE nuclear winter. While Kazakhstan will NOT be covered in ash it is fairly cold there NOW and will be 20 Fahrenheit COLDER after an eruption. ANY place that is NOT near Yellowstone and does NOT have snow (ever) NOW should be OK.

Lastly, IF Yellowstone were about to erupt, it would be preceded by a RISING of the ground. The ground would NOTICEABLY rise for at least a few DECADES, possibly for THOUSANDS of years BEFORE erupting. It might rise so much that there would be a NEW MOUNTAIN there before it vaporizes.
>>
>>19294898
>Kazakhstan mountains
Thanks Doc
>>
>>19295578
If Yellowstone did erupt everyone in the America's would be fucked anon. We'd have no hope.
>>
>>19294958
I don't believe OP's story, but I could forgive someone for using the apostrophe by accident. It's happened to me before. Seeing people use the possessive when it should be plural is a pet peeve of mine, but I've seen so many people get it wrong so many times that it's gotten into my subconscious and I sometimes reflexively type it myself. I immediately hate myself if I click post/send and discover the mistake, then I move to fix it as fast as I can if possible.
>>
>>19296528
>No such thing as an underwater bunker.

China is proud of theirs...

>A Yellowstone eruption will cause a WORLDWIDE nuclear winter.

No, it would be more like Krakatoa in 1883.
>>
>>19294898
P - Peepeepoopoo
h - Horny
D - Dingdongbigshlong

>I see through your're lies SIR
>>
>>19294898
CEO's are null and void without their industry, which according to you would be destroyed, so why save them? This also applies to Trump.
>BaitM80
>>
File: 1499977335465.jpg (281KB, 1400x916px) Image search: [Google]
1499977335465.jpg
281KB, 1400x916px
>>19294898
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_L._Watts
Have you published any papers we can find?
>>
File: IMG_20170707_191419700.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170707_191419700.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>19296720
Lmfao nice
>>
File: my_sides.png (173KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
my_sides.png
173KB, 640x400px
>>19296620
Sauce on Chinese undersea bunkers? I've only hear RUMORS about undersea bases so submarines can "dock" unseen to satellites. And those are bases not long term survival bunkers.

Krakatoa was not that bad. only about 2 Fahrenheit drop across the world for 5 years. WHEN Yellowstone erupts (in thousands of years) it will be 100x worse than any eruption seen in recorded history. I gave the 20 Fahrenheit drop as a WORST CASE scenario.

>>19296728
That pic, epic.
>>
>>19294898
Lol ur a fag
>>
>>19296770
>Sauce on Chinese undersea bunkers? I've only hear RUMORS about undersea bases so submarines can "dock" unseen to satellites. And those are bases not long term survival bunkers.

The information is almost ten years old.

https://www.wired.com/2008/07/chinese-naval-b/

Krakatoa is the most recent reference for a caldera eruption. Mt Saint Helens had about the same range of ash dispersal as the geological record shows for yellowstone.

I think that people are forgetting how bad Mt Saint Helens really was.

I think that magma seeps and volcanic ash would be bigger problems than global cooling. If the temperature really drops that much, then people can respond by deregulating the petrochemical industries.
>>
>>19296770
>Krakatoa was not that bad. only about 2 Fahrenheit drop across the world for 5 years.

Implying that Toba Lake Volcano and Tambora Mountain never erupts
>>
>>19296528
At least your last paragraph was right mr caps random words.
>>
>>19294898
>Here's my name
>posting this through proxies so I don't get caught
>>
>>19294898
>I am currently posting form an encrypted router with an I.P jumper
>Says name and place of work.
>>
>>
>>19296528
>nuclear winter
How?
>>
>>19294898
Stop
>>
File: WTF.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>19294898
>I am Dr. Raymond L. Wyatt, I have a PhD in Geophysics from Caltech and I work for the USGS, and I am here to warn you. I am currently posting form an encrypted router with an I.P jumper so I don't get caught.

>doesnt want to get caught
>doxxes himself

also try /pol/, they were hyped some weeks ago about yellow stone errupting.
>>
>>19297162
I think he meant volcanic winter, all the sediment trapped in the atmosphere (like ash) that would blot out the sun. There is no radiation so saying nuclear winter was a retarded thing to point out but couldn't the temperature rise? I believe during the largest mass extinction a bunch of volcanoes around Russia rose the temperature after erupting, I don't remember the science behind it though.
>>
>>19294898
> me and my family - instead of "my family and I"
> incorrect use of apostrophe
> very little safe spaces - you mean "very few safe spaces"

LARPsenses a-tinglin.

Singles and it doesn't happen.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.